Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,247 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

I Don't Understand On What Grounds Ronaldo Fans Think He Is Better Than Messi. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Don't Understand On What Grounds Ronaldo Fans Think He Is Better Than Messi. (1129 Views)

12 Reasons Why Ronaldo Is Better Than Messi / Why I Don't Play For Nigeria - David Alaba / Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Understand On What Grounds Ronaldo Fans Think He Is Better Than Messi. by Sagamite(m): 12:19pm On Oct 02, 2013
All the people that make this claim, can we hear your arguments of why?
Re: I Don't Understand On What Grounds Ronaldo Fans Think He Is Better Than Messi. by Chazzyboy: 12:24pm On Oct 02, 2013
Abi? As for me i dont judge both i love messi(bird) and ronaldo(ototo nwa)
Re: I Don't Understand On What Grounds Ronaldo Fans Think He Is Better Than Messi. by Slyder(m): 1:03pm On Oct 02, 2013
Sagamite: All the people that make this claim, can we hear your arguments of why?
On what ground is your own messi better than Ronaldo? Let's hear you.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Understand On What Grounds Ronaldo Fans Think He Is Better Than Messi. by Sagamite(m): 1:17pm On Oct 02, 2013
Slyder: On what ground is your own messi better than Ronaldo? Let's hear you.

You don't have the capability to make your arguments?
Re: I Don't Understand On What Grounds Ronaldo Fans Think He Is Better Than Messi. by Toyolad(m): 1:26pm On Oct 02, 2013
Slyder: On what ground is your own messi better than Ronaldo? Let's hear you.
a record 4 time ballon d'or winner against only 2008 winner...dat 1 is enuf sef
Re: I Don't Understand On What Grounds Ronaldo Fans Think He Is Better Than Messi. by Sagamite(m): 1:31pm On Oct 02, 2013
Toyolad: a record 4 time ballon d'or winner against only 2008 winner...dat 1 is enuf sef

But he feels like I am the one that needs to make an argument of why Messi is better. undecided
Re: I Don't Understand On What Grounds Ronaldo Fans Think He Is Better Than Messi. by Theben(m): 3:19pm On Oct 02, 2013
The same way I believe Mikel Obi is better than Xavi.

People tend to love and support players that make them happy and spite those that break their hearts.
Re: I Don't Understand On What Grounds Ronaldo Fans Think He Is Better Than Messi. by AjanleKoko: 6:25pm On Oct 02, 2013
Both of them are a cut above the rest for now.
It's hard to say who is better. But Messi has a slight edge, due to Barca's dominance. Maybe if CR had played in Barca, and Messi in United/Real Madrid, the story may have been different.

Messi represents the geniuses of old (technique, flair, artistry), while Ronaldo represents the present and future (pace, power).

Both players are pretty decisive when their A-game switch is on. But Messi, probably due to the way Barca plays, can still contribute to a large extent, even when he's not on top of his game. Ronaldo by contrast likes to play in a particular way, and fades when the game isn't going his way.
Re: I Don't Understand On What Grounds Ronaldo Fans Think He Is Better Than Messi. by Sagamite(m): 7:52pm On Oct 02, 2013
AjanleKoko: Both of them are a cut above the rest for now.
It's hard to say who is better. But Messi has a slight edge, due to Barca's dominance. Maybe if CR had played in Barca, and Messi in United/Real Madrid, the story may have been different.

Messi represents the geniuses of old (technique, flair, artistry), while Ronaldo represents the present and future (pace, power).

Both players are pretty decisive when their A-game switch is on. But Messi, probably due to the way Barca plays, can still contribute to a large extent, even when he's not on top of his game. Ronaldo by contrast likes to play in a particular way, and fades when the game isn't going his way.

No doubt that both are a cut above the rest.

I think CR7 is even at the cusp of the Maradona and Pele level. But I think Messi has reached a stage he is unarguably the greatest.

I have checked their stats and Messi is just all round better.

You gave it a nice summary. The EXACT ONE I was going to give later:

"Messi = (technique, flair, artistry), while Ronaldo = (pace, power)".

They are both prolific in front of goal but Messi's goals are more breath-taking overall in terms of the sheer artistry. Far more intelligent goals.
Re: I Don't Understand On What Grounds Ronaldo Fans Think He Is Better Than Messi. by Sagamite(m): 8:43pm On Oct 02, 2013
Re: I Don't Understand On What Grounds Ronaldo Fans Think He Is Better Than Messi. by deb(m): 5:56am On Oct 03, 2013
On the ground of sentiments only either of being a Man-U fan when Ronaldo was there or on the ground of being a real Madrid fan or on the other hand just being plain 'stewpid'

1 Like

Re: I Don't Understand On What Grounds Ronaldo Fans Think He Is Better Than Messi. by Theben(m): 10:24am On Oct 03, 2013
deb: On the ground of sentiments only either of being a Man-U fan when Ronaldo was there or on the ground of being a real Madrid fan or on the other hand just being plain 'stewpid'
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Don't Understand On What Grounds Ronaldo Fans Think He Is Better Than Messi. by iamteekaygal(f): 10:08am On Oct 25, 2013
Messi is no doubt the best, most people that argue and try to place C. Ronaldo ahead of Messi are just being biased or a madrid or Man united fan.

A lot of people are against Barcenola's dominace, they feel its taking too long. Hence they try to be little Mesi's capability and hype C. Ronaldo, but in the true sense we all know who the best is. The statistics are there to support it.
Re: I Don't Understand On What Grounds Ronaldo Fans Think He Is Better Than Messi. by Sagamite(m): 10:35am On Oct 25, 2013
iamteekaygal: Messi is no doubt the best, most people that argue and try to place C. Ronaldo ahead of Messi are just being biased or a madrid or Man united fan.

A lot of people are against Barcenola's dominace, they feel its taking too long. Hence they try to be little Mesi's capability and hype C. Ronaldo, but in the true sense we all know who the best is. The statistics are there to support it.

Yep. No doubt!

(1) (Reply)

Yaya Toure Wins Glo-caf 2013 Best African Player, Mikel Obi Robbed / Guru Maharaji Tips Eagles For Victory Over France / Chelsea Vs Leicester City : Barclay's Premier League (week 2) By 3PM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.