Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,573 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Yobe Attack: How Survivors Escaped Through The Window - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Yobe Attack: How Survivors Escaped Through The Window (27919 Views)

Policeman Tries To Stop A Moving Tanker By Climbing In Through The Window / Anaconda Attack;how To Survive / Survivors Of Kano Blast Narrate Ordeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yobe Attack: How Survivors Escaped Through The Window by nagoma(m): 5:33pm On Oct 03, 2013
Lee Herds: Hey you,am a Christian today because I had a personal experience of Salvation,nobody flogged me to read my bible or pray,but yea my conviction led me to Godly living,my being a Christian is a personal decision.....so I dont get ur point,explain better bro!!

Never mind. You will not understand.
Re: Yobe Attack: How Survivors Escaped Through The Window by lastmessenger: 7:29pm On Oct 03, 2013
Weeping may endure for a night but joy will come in the morning. my personal convinction is that the problem we are going through in Nigeria will usher us into a new nigeria devoid of hate,corruption and everything that cause tears to flow through the eyes of men.i feel for those who lost their lost ones and my prayer is that the true God will grant them peace in this moment of grief.AMEN.Brothers keep praying for Nigeria
Re: Yobe Attack: How Survivors Escaped Through The Window by nagoma(m): 3:27pm On Oct 04, 2013
turnstoner:

There you go again, @nagoma, a moderate moslem, demonstrating exactly what I accuse you of: living in denial.

How do you fight a crime if you don't understand the motives behind the crime.

These murderous criminals go about on a killing spree in the name of islam and you do not want us to talk about islam?

Mind you, this is a public forum where you have a right to discuss any aspect of an event. If you are more interested in finding and punishing them , I am sure there are posts that address that.

I'm not surprised that you didn't (couldn't ?) respond to my last comment. Perhaps you know better than most.
Re: Yobe Attack: How Survivors Escaped Through The Window by nagoma(m): 3:28pm On Oct 04, 2013
nagoma:

It is good to sit down and think of what motivates criminals -very useful for making preventive measures. But this sitting down and constructing motives has takes over everything when a self proclaim Muslim commits a heinous crime such as mass murder. How many BH suspects have so far been tried? How many have been sentenced as a deterrent to crime? You see it is much easier for everyone to politicize killings and blame all Muslims instead of going for the criminals. It is also politically the way to "belong" in the present day world of " not so cold "war with Islam. And it doesn't matter even if the victims are Muslims and the killers are not known for sure ( could be anybody) Muslims like me still take the blame and you think that should be final? Justice is done?
j

I'm not surprised that you didn't respond to my comment.
Re: Yobe Attack: How Survivors Escaped Through The Window by CGKing(m): 9:19am On Oct 05, 2013
How can u say this is unislamic? Everywhere where you find Moslems you find death and killings. How can u say this is in-Islamic? Do they read another holy book other than you read? My friend stop making excuses, you Muslims were instructed to kill, it's just that u don't have the balls to do it so u make excuses.
Re: Yobe Attack: How Survivors Escaped Through The Window by CGKing(m): 9:26am On Oct 05, 2013
lastmessenger: Weeping may endure for a night but joy will come in the morning. my personal convinction is that the problem we are going through in Nigeria will usher us into a new nigeria devoid of hate,corruption and everything that cause tears to flow through the eyes of men.i feel for those who lost their lost ones and my prayer is that the true God will grant them peace in this moment of grief.AMEN.Brothers keep praying for Nigeria

Forget about Nigeria. The nation has gone to far. As in airplanes, it has reached a point of no return. Corruption so built in Nigerians that even if the nation breaks up, and call the new names Biafra, OPC or what not, they will still be Nigerians.

It would be like the conversion of NEPA to PHCN
Re: Yobe Attack: How Survivors Escaped Through The Window by turnstoner(m): 6:28pm On Oct 05, 2013
nagoma:

It is good to sit down and think of what motivates criminals -very useful for making preventive measures. But this sitting down and constructing motives has takes over everything when a self proclaim Muslim commits a heinous crime such as mass murder. How many BH suspects have so far been tried? How many have been sentenced as a deterrent to crime? You see it is much easier for everyone to politicize killings and blame all Muslims instead of going for the criminals. It is also politically the way to "belong" in the present day world of " not so cold "war with Islam. And it doesn't matter even if the victims are Muslims and the killers are not known for sure ( could be anybody) Muslims like me still take the blame and you think that should be final? Justice is done?

Sorry I have been busy and couldn't post!

People like you have to stop looking for someone else to blame. Islam has a problem: radical or extreme islam.
If you choose to pursue the literal interpretation of any religion you are doomed.

Since the revival of extreme islam by Osama Bin Laden and his adherents i have not seen anywhere that it succeeded; instead, its proponents are been pillaged and killed like the rabid dogs that they are.

Mainstream islam must identify, isolate and kill off these canker worm or it would bring islam to disrepute.
Re: Yobe Attack: How Survivors Escaped Through The Window by nagoma(m): 6:42pm On Oct 05, 2013
turnstoner:
Sorry I have been busy and couldn't post!
People like you have to stop looking for someone else to blame. Islam has a problem: radical or extreme islam.
If you choose to pursue the literal interpretation of any religion you are doomed.
Since the revival of extreme islam by Osama Bin Laden and his adherents i have not seen anywhere that it succeeded; instead, its proponents are been pillaged and killed like the rabid dogs that they are.
Mainstream islam must identify, isolate and kill off these canker worm or it would bring islam to disrepute.

You have not addressed the specific issues I raised about crime and criminals and governments. You are only repeating the lines that are now well rehearsed. So who is mainstream Islam and what authority does it have to identify and try criminals just because the criminals said they are Muslims ?
Re: Yobe Attack: How Survivors Escaped Through The Window by turnstoner(m): 7:01pm On Oct 05, 2013
nagoma:

You have not addressed the specific issues I raised about crime and criminals and governments. You are only repeating the lines that are now well rehearsed. So who is mainstream Islam and what authority does it have to identify and try criminals just because the criminals said they are Muslims ?

I urge you to read my posts properly before you respond.

I repeat; the ball is in the court of moderate moslems who are in the majority of moslems.

You have have heard of civilian JTF, haven't you?
These are youths who are not even properly organized; imagine what will happen if adults of moderate moslems organise
Re: Yobe Attack: How Survivors Escaped Through The Window by nagoma(m): 10:50pm On Oct 05, 2013
turnstoner:
I repeat; the ball is in the court of moderate moslems who are in the majority of moslems.
These are youths who are not even properly organized; imagine what will happen if adults of moderate moslems organise

I honestly have been rating you too high but your understanding of nationhood , governance and law is obviously very low.
Re: Yobe Attack: How Survivors Escaped Through The Window by nagoma(m): 10:50pm On Oct 05, 2013
turnstoner:

I honestly have been rating you too high but your understanding of nationhood , governance and law is obviously very low.
Let me say this again. Nigeria is a nation with an executive leadership , legislature and judiciary and rule of law. BH are criminals because they committed crimes against Nigerian people and the Nigerian state. We cannot start looking for any unconstitutional body to fight them just because they claim to be Muslims. I admire the civilian JTF effort but they are there because of he failure of the nation to protect their lives and property. As you mentioned they are not organized, untrained and unprofessional, sensible nations will not allow such citizens to face the kind of danger hey are facing. And please are you implying that there are no Muslims in the Nigerian Military, Nigeria Police and all the security forces fighting BH?
Re: Yobe Attack: How Survivors Escaped Through The Window by turnstoner(m): 9:01am On Oct 06, 2013
[quote author=nagoma]

I consider this an insult. Note that you are the first to start slinging insults. I have deliberately toned down my responses since O!

Let me say this again. Nigeria is a nation with an executive leadership , legislature and judiciary and rule of law.

If you think that the rule of law, the judiciary and the executive are functioning even half as well as they should in this country and that they alone are going to solve the problem for you then you and your likes do not even understand the enormity of the situation. I am sure that people like you believe that when a Buhari comes to power he will solve the problem in six months, eh?

BH are criminals because they committed crimes against Nigerian people and the Nigerian state. We cannot start looking for any unconstitutional body to fight them just because they claim to be Muslims.

You call them criminals. Do you know what they call you? You are an infidel in their own eyes who has refused to interpret the holy book properly. Are you aware that some moslems (and no less a personality like Gen. Buhari) believe that the Johnathan administration is being too harsh to BH?

I admire the civilian JTF effort but they are there because of he failure of the nation to protect their lives and property. As you mentioned they are not organized, untrained and unprofessional, sensible nations will not allow such citizens to face the kind of danger hey are facing. And please are you implying that there are no Muslims in the Nigerian Military, Nigeria Police and all the security forces fighting BH?

The moslem Umma, or whatever you call global moslems, have a problem that they cannot run away from. You have heard of
al qaeda
taliban
al shabab
etc.
haven't you? well add Boko haram and what have you. They all gain inspiration from the Al koran.
This is the point i have come to make on this thread.

PEACE!
Re: Yobe Attack: How Survivors Escaped Through The Window by nagoma(m): 10:09am On Oct 06, 2013
[quote author=turnstoner][/quote]

I don't know what Buhari has to do with this.
I thought we are having an intellectual discussion with you not ethnic and the usual Nigerian sentimental crap.

If BH call me "infidel" so what? Criminals like them can insult anybody. Even kidnappers and armed robbers call people names.
You are advocating for a Muslim militia in a sovereign democratic country to fight criminals? So where is the position of the president ? Who is now the commander in chief? Who gives arms to the militia? And above all what is the president there for with all the paraphnelia of government? You are not thinking my friend - and that is not an insult ( before you start complaining)
Re: Yobe Attack: How Survivors Escaped Through The Window by turnstoner(m): 10:18am On Oct 06, 2013
nagoma:

I don't know what Buhari has to do with this.
I thought we are having an intellectual discussion with you not ethnic and the usual Nigerian sentimental crap.

Believe me , you don't know what intelligent discussion is
Re: Yobe Attack: How Survivors Escaped Through The Window by nagoma(m): 10:24am On Oct 06, 2013
turnstoner:

Believe me , you don't know what intelligent discussion is

Please google this; "CIA and Boko Haram".
Re: Yobe Attack: How Survivors Escaped Through The Window by turnstoner(m): 10:27am On Oct 06, 2013
nagoma:

Please google this; "CIA and Boko Haram".

Why?
post whatever it is you have to say

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Electric Pole Falls On Keke Napep In Ikeja Area, Lagos(photo) / Huge Python Killed Around My Area / Aeroplane With Shopping Mall, Suit Rooms And Swimming Pool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.