Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting (37845 Views)

Why Is Pastor Adeboye Visiting Governors With Mandates Challenged In Court? / "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! / Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by nofij(m): 3:44pm On Oct 04, 2013
i-General:

What is the address of the one 'who hasn't met Christ'? And why are they always meeting you at home if you have met Christ? Aren't you also supposed to go preaching the 'gospel'? Oh I forget: nominal Christian!
U got it my brother...u shot just d right foot!!!!
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by xynerise: 3:46pm On Oct 04, 2013
DE_GONGS:
Antelope you obviously missed this part:

"................he allegedly told them to "get the [expletive] off my property" and said "Get me my 9" as the men were getting into their car."
cool

Someone doesnt need to threaten me before I know I am not welcomed in his house. Even the bark of his dog shows I am not welcomed in his house grin
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by AreaFada2: 3:51pm On Oct 04, 2013
nofij:
Lyk seriously? prove d doctrine to b hearsay? Dey have dia own version of d bible,,,,really?? Am rily sure u've never met a witness

He has never met them or if he has, he just aggressively spews all kind of things and those guys just leave him and go. You know sometimes in Naija ways the loud aggressive person thinks he has won the argument.

JW are just about the finest Bible students out there. While I may not agree with all their interpretations, they at least try to use the bible. Jehovah is YHWH and do not start saying things like "God forgive you" like Pentecostals when you disagree with them.
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by 50calibre(m): 3:56pm On Oct 04, 2013
nofij:
Lyk seriously? prove d doctrine to b hearsay? Dey have dia own version of d bible,,,,really?? Am rily sure u've never met a witness

Heresy not hearsay, and yes I prove their doctrine to be nothing but heresy.

Iv come across a few witnesses quoting from a kind of bible, where book like Isaiah is called Messiah, God is Jehovah, anyways I'm not too sure of this, whatever book or publication they bring ( that isnt the bible i know, or in conformity with the bible i know ) to use, I use against them.

As for the heresies, they are many, starting from inheriting the earth, to the 144 thousand, to not accepting Jesus as God, not praying to Jesus, they are many!

Correct me if I'm wrong!!

1 Like

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Phalldhe: 3:57pm On Oct 04, 2013
What a pity
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 04, 2013
50calibre: Those guys are relentless, they never stop. I've encountered them multiple times, the lucky ones who meet me busy, I dismiss & maybe accept their magazine, the unlucky ones (who meet me free) I engage in a spiritual debate, I break down the bible for them piece by piece & before their very eyes, see me prove their doctrine to be heresy, they all leave with their tails inbetween their legs.

I dont know about the above claim.

50calibre: The first weapon in my arsenal which I use against them is " shall we pray " for some weird reason, they don't pray to Jesus.

You are correct, they dont pray to Jesus cos the bible never commanded so. Instead they pray to that God(although through Jesus as the scriptures directed) whom Jesus himself prayed to and owed his power to
. "Therefore they took the stone away. Now Jesus raised his eyes heavenward+ and said: “Father, I thank you that you have heard me.+42 True, I knew that you always hear me; but on account of the crowd+ standing around I spoke, in order that they might believe that you sent me forth.”(John 11:41;42)

50calibre:
Then I go into discrediting their bible, and proving it a junk because of course they have their own ludicrous version of the bible where God is called jehova.

Indeed God's own name is ludicrous to you? shocked
Pls google that name and blame JW no more.
That their bible contains the original name of God which was replaced by LORD(a title)in your own copy of the bible doesnt discredit it, ok?
3 And I used to appear to Abraham,+ Isaac+ and Jacob+ as God Almighty,*+ but as respects my name Jehovah*+ I did not make myself known+ to them(Ex. 6:3)

6 Likes

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Abeos(m): 4:11pm On Oct 04, 2013
Ray McBlue: The man must be a pretty bad shot. 19 rounds and no hits?! Either he wasn't intending to really hit anyone, or he was a really pathetic shot. Probably the former...
ths makes me tink u wanted dead??
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by emmabest2000(m): 4:13pm On Oct 04, 2013
engrtee: When the man said getout, they should have just left. Preaching isnt by force
I wonder ooo cheesy
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by jydmak(m): 4:13pm On Oct 04, 2013
dis is JEHOVAH's doing. With all indictations jehovah is really backing our preaching work. He will never desert his servants.
For those who do not listen to goodnews of God's kingdom dat JW preaches about why can't u give dem a chance n a trial will surely convince u.

1 Like

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by shevi4mb(m): 4:15pm On Oct 04, 2013
Jehova witness will locate you, even if you'r living in the thickest mangroove forest...ℓ☺ℓ
Sincerely speaking, i also feel like shooting @ em smtymz
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by mrofficial(m): 4:18pm On Oct 04, 2013
2ndOGA: Hmm, Must've been as a result of . . . undecided

This is hilarious grin grin grin
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by oluamid(m): 4:20pm On Oct 04, 2013
swhiss:

atlist u should be grateful u now know the main reason why all this evils that u see around are happening and the Hope that lies ahead for the whole of mankind....its not as if jehovah witnesses dont have what to do at home or in their various businesses, but they are people who uselfishly devote their time and energy to tell others this things from the bible, and they do it with all urgency knowing that the time left is very much reduced, so they try in their effort to mke sure this message gets to as much persons as possible...bro see their coming to u not as a disturbance but becuz of their LOVE for you!!

So because of "evils and hope" my privacy and my telling them I'm busy should not be respected?

Well, if I'm not mistaken, its been at least 15 years that I first met a Jehovah Witness and I'm already acquainted with their teachings. I have several JW books and magazines. My stock of Awake magazines is quite impressive too and though I'm not a Christian, I find the magazines very informative having learnt a lot from them. But I'm not new to their messages and I really doubt if they can convert me. So why not just find someone else to bring their message to? Its really annoying.
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Danhumprey: 4:23pm On Oct 04, 2013
Jehovah Witnesses be like:
Jehovah Witnesses: Good day sir.

Me: You are welcome. How may I help you?

Jehovah Witnesses: We have come to share the word of God with you.

Me: As you can see,I'm busy.

Jehovah Witnesses: Alright. We would come another time.

I be like "wtf!" is it by force? angry
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Lilimax(f): 4:23pm On Oct 04, 2013
50calibre: Those guys are relentless, they never stop. I've encountered them multiple times, the lucky ones who meet me busy, I dismiss & maybe accept their magazine, the unlucky ones (who meet me free) I engage in a spiritual debate, I break down the bible for them piece by piece & before their very eyes, see me prove their doctrine to be heresy, they all leave with their tails inbetween their legs.

The first weapon in my arsenal which I use against them is " shall we pray " for some weird reason, they don't pray to Jesus.

Then I go into discrediting their bible, and proving it a junk because of course they have their own ludicrous version of the bible where God is called jehova.

There is nothing wrong in calling God Jehova. It is one his numerous name.
but I still have my reservations about them sad
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 04, 2013
Deltagal: Well well well, what do we have here? A man who thinks he knows a lot.you don't know what you are talking about son.From ur post its obvious u don't know the meaning of hedgefund or even ponzi scheme. They are broke? Really? As their bank account officer you should know all about that right? They have been settling child abuse cases in canada and australia? Really? As the judge in all those cases u would know all about that right? young ones are fleeing in droves? Really? As the head of JWs you would know all about that right? I could go on and on but let me school u son:
You do not know anything about anything.JWs do not pay out money for child abuse cases becos unlike the catholic church they do not cover up crap and whoever is responsible is excommunicated and handed over to the authorities.Second the young ones are not leavin in droves,every where a JW child is he is always ahead of his peers.go to their meetings and see them doing what u n ur like can never do. Thirdly they are moving head quarters not cos they r broke but they are reducing cost and their carbon footprint just like many reputable organisations are doing the world over.Rather than spend your time developing urself into someone that God can have mercy on u are wasting time spreading slander about people you know nuthin about.Only ignorant people will pay u any mind.Your type started long before now. John8:44 applies to u

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/06/15/12225753-jehovahs-witnesses-ordered-to-pay-more-than-20-million-to-woman-who-said-she-was-sexually-abused?lite

you were saying?

Please don't start with your lies this evening, I get your time well.
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 04, 2013
50calibre:

Heresy not hearsay, and yes I prove their doctrine to be nothing but heresy.

Iv come across a few witnesses quoting from a kind of bible, where book like Isaiah is called Messiah, God is Jehovah, anyways I'm not too sure of this, whatever book or publication they bring ( that isnt the bible i know, or in conformity with the bible i know ) to use, I use against them.

As for the heresies, they are many, starting from inheriting the earth, to the 144 thousand, to not accepting Jesus as God, not praying to Jesus, they are many!

Correct me if I'm wrong!!
Wish I have time for this!

Bro if Jesus is God, who sent him to the earth and who created him cos the bible said that he was created(COL.1:15) and is God really created?
Again if he is God, while he was in the grave for three days to whom did he left the earth and heaven to his charge and can your God die? Mine doesnt!

If he created the earth to later abandon it and take to live with him, why did he say that he did not creat the earth for nothing but created it to be inhabited forever?(Isaiah 45:18). And who shall live in that nerw earth and new heaven he said he is creating in Isaiah 65:17 and was later re-ephasized by Peter through devine inspiration at 2 Peter 3:13? And why did Jesus say that the meek ones shall inherit the earth in his famous sermon on the mount at Mathew 5:5?

See bro, that the majority of earth's inhabitant believe one thing does not make it valid. Stand alone and prove what you believe to yourself.
Peace!

4 Likes

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 04, 2013
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Solobenny(m): 4:34pm On Oct 04, 2013
Thank jah for saving my fellow christian brothers... This goodnews to humans must continue.

1 Like

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Revolva(m): 4:35pm On Oct 04, 2013
Hahaa remember D12 rapper Bizzare..verse -I make jehova witness think before they knock...Shit on you..song grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by deebrain(m): 4:35pm On Oct 04, 2013
kimco:

Machete is still usable. Isakaba tins

Kai! U just reminded me of that film...cheesy
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by alexarelano(m): 4:38pm On Oct 04, 2013
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by myOGAonTOP: 4:40pm On Oct 04, 2013
I love those guys. Great historians. 'Awake' remains on top ten monthly publications.

1 Like

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by rabzy: 4:45pm On Oct 04, 2013
daz_york:
If you don't know what you're talking about, pls don't talk. The organisation is an immensely wealthy real estate/publishing/hedge fund operation which depends on extraction of money for books, magazines and "worldwide work contributions" from its captive market of 7 million plus "interested persons".
They have suffered financially recently after losing billions in the American real estate market crash and several multimillion dollar payouts to settle child abuse cases in Australia and Canada. In addition their income base is shrinking because many of their old members are dying and their young are leaving in droves. Hence, the whip is being cracked from HQ to bring more people in for the sinking ship to be propped up.
They are broke and haemorrhaging money and have even been forced to sell their new York HQ. They are selling this to their members as a move to a new headquarters to "further the work" etc etc but in actual fact, maintaining that Brooklyn skyscraper is just too expensive when their members are not able to remit more money than they are and the next generation of mugu are running away in their tens of thousands. The new HQ places emphasis on "natural lighting" and "energy saving" measures ostensibly for environmental protection reasons but in actual fact, it is because they are broke and falling apart.
So before you start shooting off your mouth about their grand "projects" around the world, try to at least gain understanding of the Bible-flavoured door-to-door sales ponzi scheme they are running.
And don't quote me if you have no meaningful contribution.

You want to bamboozle your way through the lies you have compiled up here. if someone quotes you without a meaningful contribution, what are you going to do, shoot them 9 times?
Now about all those stuffs you made up there, where are the proofs, like in MAerican politics, when you keep saying something about someone no matter how ridiculous it is some, some are bound to stick and that what a lot of people do about Jehovah's witnesses. If Witnesses depend on extraction of books for their wealth, then how come they are broke when the number of books and publications they produce is on the increase. How do you make so much money from a product when give people books and publications and then you tell them they can make contributions if they like, how many of those contributions can actually pay for the cost of production of the books and bibles they produce.

How do you call people who studied the Bible for months or years before they become witnesses as 'captive' when most of them were thoroughly convinced about what they believe.
What proof do you have that they invested billions in the american real estate and they lost the billions, why have the ever snoopy American news stations not revealed such a massive loss. if they invested billions in the real estate industry why are they not taxed by the American Tax agency. For your information France took over 8 millions dollars from the witnesses as tax, but when the matter went to court they france lost and they have to pay back the sum plus interest plus legal fees back to the witnesses, so if they are a profit-oriented organization, how come its you that knows but the governments of different countries dont know or have not been able to collect tax on such business.

Nobody is shielded by the organization of JWs, if you do the crime, the government has the prerogative to try you and administer justice, JWs dont pay nobody to escape justice, in fact so many criminals who escaped justice and became witnesses have been asked to present themselves to the authority. Infact, child-molesters and several other willful and unrepentant sinners are excommunicated and are not associated with by JWs, this excommunication is something the witnesses have been criticized for by other xtians and now you are saying they pay out money, have you forgotten there are no pastors, priests or 'MOGs' amongst witnesses, all are equal amongst the witnesses, so why would they pay to bail out anybody, when everybody is a 'nobody'. It is the glorified priests and "men of Gods' that such things are done for. Witnesses dont have such people because all are just 'brothers' from the smallest child to the oldest.

The skyscapper you said they cannot maintain are actually owned by the witnesses, it was not rented nor lease, so what maintenance cost would drive them away from the building and then they will go and acquire a bigger expanse of land and constructing structures far bigger and more environmentally and aesthetically pleasing than where they were before. For your information you can go to their branch in Igieduma Edo State, there is massive expansion also going on there too.
So please easy on the lies, because they have a way of sticking regardless of how ludicrous they are.

11 Likes

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by otikpoko(m): 4:45pm On Oct 04, 2013
olaolaking: Well, I was at field service yesterday to preach to people. That was before going to work. Not everybody listened. If you really insist that I must leave, I will gladly do without holding anything against you. BUT IF YOU REALLY WANT TO SHOOT ME BECAUSE OF THAT, I DON'T GIVE A DAMN.
However, the man in question shot into the air on my own opinion. May just intended to scare my people against next time

Vulgar language...
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by deebrain(m): 4:47pm On Oct 04, 2013
Usbeel: Vote for me (Stardom Artiste Contest) online at http://m.naijaartiste.net/contest/usbeel/

Sir, kindly fix an immediate appointment with yr doctor. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Lilimax(f): 4:47pm On Oct 04, 2013
DE_GONGS:
God doesnt have numerous names, numerous title? YES!
He has but one name Jehovah (Ex. 6:3)
Title? angry
I have thousands of names to call Him.
Title, I have no idea smiley

1 Like

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by rabzy: 4:47pm On Oct 04, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: You've been unbanned.congrats.
@Question:My money of course doesn't even make up a quarter of 1% of what they need to finance their project.reread my post,get me right,it's not the money that is the problem,but their persistence every sunday.they keep coming.I know when you intend bringing someone to Christ you follow up,I never came off as someone without Christ to them.We had communications as fellow christians.Why did they have to keep coming every sunday to my place when they can as well take those publications to someone who hasn't met Christ at all.seems to be,they've found an avenue to get money for their publications rather than moving on to find new converts.Don't attack blindly.

You can always tell them to stop coming, that you are not interested and then tell the pair you told to tell others to mark your house or flat as no-go area. I assure you they will avoid your place like a plaque.
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by edimabassey(m): 4:48pm On Oct 04, 2013
true talk ohh... crist embasy wory too oh[quote
author=bionicdude]i can't blame him dose pple can be pretty annoying at
times.one day i even had to hide in my own house for fear of dem.men
dose pple do follow up pass christ embassy sef.Men make i find my own
gun follow in dat guy's footsteps[/quote]
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by rabzy: 4:49pm On Oct 04, 2013
oluamid: For the past 1 month, I've been having visits from different groups of Jehovah Witnesses. They knock your door, tell you they are asking of your neighbour and when you tell them you don't know his whereabouts, they start.

JW1: Please my brother, can you give me 5 minutes of your time?

Me: I'm sorry, I'm a little busy at the mo.......

JW2: (cuts in) we just want to ask you this question. What do you think is the cause of all the bad things currently happening in this world?

Me: Like I told you, I'm a little busy maybe.......

JW1: (cuts in) You see my brother, this world we are currently in is not the kind of world that Jehovah intended for us. Man has deviated from Jehovah's original plan and that is why we are currently experiencing this hardship. Take for example the issue of Boko Haram.......(speaks for about 3 minutes enumerating several disasters and grim situations and ending with)......Lets just see what the Bible says about when and how all these things will come to an end. Can you quickly open your Bible to (names a Bible passage) and read for us?

Me: (almost pleading) I'm not with my Bible and.....

JW2: (pushing Bible almost to my nose) You can read from my own. Here (points to passage), please read it.

I end up listening to their messages, collect numerous Awake and Watchtower magazines, part with some money (voluntary contribution), and give them my name and phone number. When they finally leave they promise to check on me in order to study the Bible with me (as if I can't study the Bible on my own) the next weekend.

I have been having these visits from different Jehovah Witness groups for the past one month. Its very annoying.

Tell them to please stop coming and tell other fellow members to mark your place and not visit.

1 Like

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by PatAkpos: 4:53pm On Oct 04, 2013
searay: Too bad. RIP to the dead. I come late upon d rush
. Did u read the news upside down or at all?
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by deebrain(m): 4:56pm On Oct 04, 2013
enginexy10: it is a shameful thing for those of you to say that the witnesses are irritating,they are merely living up to what jesus commanded his true followers to do.your parochial minds shd be at fire by now, cos why would a sane man run from listening to undiluted word of GOD?it is crystal clear that everyone knows they say the truth, bt we hate them for not been part of our activities and celebrations.some even went far presenting them as bad ,odd etc...bt a clear reading and understanding of the bible will show u that they are true christians though they arent peferct and may make mistakes,they arent like today churches, that are founded on rituals, money laundering,extortion,in..morality bt beliv me they are real...and u shd try and listen to them when next they visit....

Jesus actually said that u should walk out on anyone that refuses to grant you audience. When someone says "no, i dont want to listen to you.." politely walk away or drop a track as you go. The world has the right to listen or not to listen. Stop trying to insist on preaching to people. Spread the message-dont force the message.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? / Mbaka Removed From Adoration Ministry, Replaced, Sent To Monastery (Video) / American Evangelist, Morris Cerullo, Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.