Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,429 members, 7,954,679 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:02 AM

Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting (38102 Views)

Why Is Pastor Adeboye Visiting Governors With Mandates Challenged In Court? / "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! / Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by nofij(m): 2:31pm On Oct 04, 2013
AM A PROUD WITNESS. JAH KEEPS US GOIN NO MATTER WHAT WE FACE cool

9 Likes

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Thankgodiyke(m): 2:31pm On Oct 04, 2013
kennygee: I hope the Jehovah witnesses here will learn from this post and spread the news.
..............what lesson is there to learn?.. To stop preaching cos a lunatic attempted to shoot @ them?.. Try ur own....6 years in jail 2 small

3 Likes

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by HezronLorraine(m): 2:32pm On Oct 04, 2013
Ishsoph:
And you think its your money that is financing their magazines/bulettins and other huge projects?
SMH
You've been unbanned.congrats.
@Question:My money of course doesn't even make up a quarter of 1% of what they need to finance their project.reread my post,get me right,it's not the money that is the problem,but their persistence every sunday.they keep coming.I know when you intend bringing someone to Christ you follow up,I never came off as someone without Christ to them.We had communications as fellow christians.Why did they have to keep coming every sunday to my place when they can as well take those publications to someone who hasn't met Christ at all.seems to be,they've found an avenue to get money for their publications rather than moving on to find new converts.Don't attack blindly.

3 Likes

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by iamMrAnDre(m): 2:33pm On Oct 04, 2013
Imanda:

Pls note the the work they went there to do cannot be stopped by anybody, even you.

"This good news MUST be preached to all inhabited earth as a WITNESS" and I guess the earth inhabitant include you and others. So next time you meet them, aim at them properly and you'll have a VERY BIG reward from their maker and the owner of the message "Jehovah"
I LOVE YOU my Dear Sister. God Bless u jare.

1 Like

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by oluamid(m): 2:41pm On Oct 04, 2013
For the past 1 month, I've been having visits from different groups of Jehovah Witnesses. They knock your door, tell you they are asking of your neighbour and when you tell them you don't know his whereabouts, they start.

JW1: Please my brother, can you give me 5 minutes of your time?

Me: I'm sorry, I'm a little busy at the mo.......

JW2: (cuts in) we just want to ask you this question. What do you think is the cause of all the bad things currently happening in this world?

Me: Like I told you, I'm a little busy maybe.......

JW1: (cuts in) You see my brother, this world we are currently in is not the kind of world that Jehovah intended for us. Man has deviated from Jehovah's original plan and that is why we are currently experiencing this hardship. Take for example the issue of Boko Haram.......(speaks for about 3 minutes enumerating several disasters and grim situations and ending with)......Lets just see what the Bible says about when and how all these things will come to an end. Can you quickly open your Bible to (names a Bible passage) and read for us?

Me: (almost pleading) I'm not with my Bible and.....

JW2: (pushing Bible almost to my nose) You can read from my own. Here (points to passage), please read it.

I end up listening to their messages, collect numerous Awake and Watchtower magazines, part with some money (voluntary contribution), and give them my name and phone number. When they finally leave they promise to check on me in order to study the Bible with me (as if I can't study the Bible on my own) the next weekend.

I have been having these visits from different Jehovah Witness groups for the past one month. Its very annoying.

3 Likes

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Thankgodiyke(m): 2:43pm On Oct 04, 2013
xynerise: JW failed to read the part where Jesus said ''A house that welcomes you, you should share the word to them and if they dont welcome you, carry your slippers commot''(King Xynerise version)
......have you asked them to leave that you ar'nt interested and they refuse? You just want to make a comment i can see
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Originalsly: 2:44pm On Oct 04, 2013
@daz york...lmao @ "Bible flavoured door-to-door sales ponzi scheme" ...U2much!...but nice write up...informative. @topic...think the guy just wanted to scare them and never fired in their direction or he would have been charged for attempted murder. @ Witnesses...we " would leave if someone really insist"...that means telling you not interested is not enough. I have no problem in anyone witnessing...but must you disturb people?...knock down the door to spread the word...your word? Guess the guy tired explaining that he is not.interested but they just kept pressing him.
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by BonnyDominic: 2:45pm On Oct 04, 2013
No b small tin o! Well i love listening to the words of God but not when U start critisizing. They are good at dat.
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Anuoluwap(m): 2:48pm On Oct 04, 2013
Funny....^_^@topic.
Make your Jamb and post jamb by preparing online with these steps@my signature.
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by swhiss: 2:48pm On Oct 04, 2013
yoged: I am proud to be one of jehovah's witnesses. Yeahhh, people dont like us but we still love everyone. I can guarantee that man, jehovah's witnesses will still visit his house, it might not be the same people... He shud thank his God because they won't press charges or seek for compensation.Our preaching work is a command by jesus christ which its important for all christians to do. Its important we do that. Well, we dont force people to listen to us. Its a choice. If you dont want to listen or you are busy, we'll leave or drop a magazine which we dont sell, its voluntary contribution. But if you dont have money but wish to read it. We'll give it to you...... Next time you see them coming, kindly listen to them, and if you dont want to listen to them. Tell them to please leave. May Jehovah God keep protecting everyone of us.

thats just the fact bro!....JEHOVAH continues to be our provider of escape as we come to the conclusion of this system of things

8 Likes

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Monfulule: 2:50pm On Oct 04, 2013
Omo de mana yen ti mad. Thou shall not kill.
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by phoneport(m): 2:50pm On Oct 04, 2013
Lordave: The man is an Idiot!
Though I don't blame the man totally, I love Jehovah witness people, especially there women.
My partner is a Jehovah Witness member and we met the day she came to share the undiluted word of god with me.

Why won't u say they re nice after nipping one of them who you said came to share the word of "god", nd not "God" to u.
You spoil O.
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Jensenelizz(m): 2:51pm On Oct 04, 2013
rabzy:
Did you go to their house or shop to try and preach to them and they did not listen to you?
yes as a matta of fact,i tried to preach to dis witness woman in her shop once and she told me my understanding of the word of God is nt correct and dat i should convert to a witness.,.....i was like wtf angry
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by onemole1: 2:52pm On Oct 04, 2013
well if you notice the witnesses were already on their way out,"as they were getting in their car"
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 04, 2013
dat was way.......too extreme.
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by adorable29(f): 2:58pm On Oct 04, 2013
D part I hate is how they BANG at my gate startling me! Especially if I was having a quiet time!!! Its annoying! I suggest they knock once or twice and if no response, turn and leave. ..
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by nofij(m): 2:58pm On Oct 04, 2013
Jensen_elizz: yes as a matta of fact,i tried to preach to dis witness woman in her shop once and she told me my understanding of the word of God is nt correct and dat i should convert to a witness.,.....i was like wtf angry
A witness will definitely not do dat. Except u mis-understood what she meant. Note dat we dont go about seeking for members bt we preach according to d way Christ did same on earth nd leave u to take ur stand. We also dont criticise other religions
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by nofij(m): 3:01pm On Oct 04, 2013
Sometyms u guys take we d witnesses for perfect beings nd treat us as tho we dont have feelings forgetting dat some of us lived immoral lifestyles b4 becoming witnesses. Jah is always with us anyway

2 Likes

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 04, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: You've been unbanned.congrats.
@Question:My money of course doesn't even make up a quarter of 1% of what they need to finance their project.reread my post,get me right,it's not the money that is the problem,but their persistence every sunday.they keep coming.I know when you intend bringing someone to Christ you follow up,I never came off as someone without Christ to them.We had communications as fellow christians.Why did they have to keep coming every sunday to my place when they can as well take those publications to someone who hasn't met Christ at all.seems to be,they've found an avenue to get money for their publications rather than moving on to find new converts.Don't attack blindly.

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by swhiss: 3:12pm On Oct 04, 2013
oluamid: For the past 1 month, I've been having visits from different groups of Jehovah Witnesses. They knock your door, tell you they are asking of your neighbour and when you tell them you don't know his whereabouts, they start.

JW1: Please my brother, can you give me 5 minutes of your time?

Me: I'm sorry, I'm a little busy at the mo.......

JW2: (cuts in) we just want to ask you this question. What do you think is the cause of all the bad things currently happening in this world?

Me: Like I told you, I'm a little busy maybe.......

JW1: (cuts in) You see my brother, this world we are currently in is not the kind of world that Jehovah intended for us. Man has deviated from Jehovah's original plan and that is why we are currently experiencing this hardship. Take for example the issue of Boko Haram.......(speaks for about 3 minutes enumerating several disasters and grim situations and ending with)......Lets just see what the Bible says about when and how all these things will come to an end. Can you quickly open your Bible to (names a Bible passage) and read for us?

Me: (almost pleading) I'm not with my Bible and.....

JW2: (pushing Bible almost to my nose) You can read from my own. Here (points to passage), please read it.

I end up listening to their messages, collect numerous Awake and Watchtower magazines, part with some money (voluntary contribution), and give them my name and phone number. When they finally leave they promise to check on me in order to study the Bible with me (as if I can't study the Bible on my own) the next weekend.

I have been having these visits from different Jehovah Witness groups for the past one month. Its very annoying.

atlist u should be grateful u now know the main reason why all this evils that u see around are happening and the Hope that lies ahead for the whole of mankind....its not as if jehovah witnesses dont have what to do at home or in their various businesses, but they are people who uselfishly devote their time and energy to tell others this things from the bible, and they do it with all urgency knowing that the time left is very much reduced, so they try in their effort to mke sure this message gets to as much persons as possible...bro see their coming to u not as a disturbance but becuz of their LOVE for you!!

2 Likes

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by 50calibre(m): 3:29pm On Oct 04, 2013
Those guys are relentless, they never stop. I've encountered them multiple times, the lucky ones who meet me busy, I dismiss & maybe accept their magazine, the unlucky ones (who meet me free) I engage in a spiritual debate, I break down the bible for them piece by piece & before their very eyes, see me prove their doctrine to be heresy, they all leave with their tails inbetween their legs.

The first weapon in my arsenal which I use against them is " shall we pray " for some weird reason, they don't pray to Jesus.

Then I go into discrediting their bible, and proving it a junk because of course they have their own ludicrous version of the bible where God is called jehova.

1 Like

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Deltagal: 3:29pm On Oct 04, 2013
Well well well, what do we have here? A man who thinks he knows a lot.you don't know what you are talking about son.From ur post its obvious u don't know the meaning of hedgefund or even ponzi scheme. They are broke? Really? As their bank account officer you should know all about that right? They have been settling child abuse cases in canada and australia? Really? As the judge in all those cases u would know all about that right? young ones are fleeing in droves? Really? As the head of JWs you would know all about that right? I could go on and on but let me school u son:
You do not know anything about anything.JWs do not pay out money for child abuse cases becos unlike the catholic church they do not cover up crap and whoever is responsible is excommunicated and handed over to the authorities.Second the young ones are not leavin in droves,every where a JW child is he is always ahead of his peers.go to their meetings and see them doing what u n ur like can never do. Thirdly they are moving head quarters not cos they r broke but they are reducing cost and their carbon footprint just like many reputable organisations are doing the world over.Rather than spend your time developing urself into someone that God can have mercy on u are wasting time spreading slander about people you know nuthin about.Only ignorant people will pay u any mind.Your type started long before now. John8:44 applies to u

If you don't know what you're talking about, pls don't talk. The organisation is an immensely wealthy real estate/publishing/hedge fund operation which depends on extraction of money for books, magazines and "worldwide work contributions" from its captive market of 7 million plus "interested persons".
They have suffered financially recently after losing billions in the American real estate market crash and several multimillion dollar payouts to settle child abuse cases in Australia and Canada. In addition their income base is shrinking because many of their old members are dying and their young are leaving in droves. Hence, the whip is being cracked from HQ to bring more people in for the sinking ship to be propped up.
They are broke and haemorrhaging money and have even been forced to sell their new York HQ. They are selling this to their members as a move to a new headquarters to "further the work" etc etc but in actual fact, maintaining that Brooklyn skyscraper is just too expensive when their members are not able to remit more money than they are and the next generation of mugu are running away in their tens of thousands. The new HQ places emphasis on "natural lighting" and "energy saving" measures ostensibly for environmental protection reasons but in actual fact, it is because they are broke and falling apart.
So before you start shooting off your mouth about their grand "projects" around the world, try to at least gain understanding of the Bible-flavoured door-to-door sales ponzi scheme they are running.
And don't quote me if you have no meaningful contribution.

5 Likes

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 04, 2013
goshen26: This story reminds me of an issue. My friend (a fresh graduate) and I (undergraduate) woke up one morning with nothing to eat, the jehovah witness guys came, my friend who is a muslim, told them that he would listen if they could get him only 2 hundred for BB to eat, the guys were just laughing, he asked if they have eaten, they said yes. Lol

I swear I don't get this

2 Likes

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Sike(m): 3:36pm On Oct 04, 2013
Lmaooooooo. The guy must have been very frustrated.
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by trent9002(m): 3:37pm On Oct 04, 2013
He probably went too far. But seriously, those people can be really annoying
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by iGeneral: 3:37pm On Oct 04, 2013
What is the address of the one 'who hasn't met Christ'? And why are they always meeting you at home if you have met Christ? Aren't you also supposed to go preaching the 'gospel'? Oh I forget: nominal Christian!

2 Likes

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by sylve11: 3:39pm On Oct 04, 2013
lol@ story and dem replies grin cool
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 04, 2013
undecided undecided
What are you blabbing about

1 Like

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by switdil(f): 3:40pm On Oct 04, 2013
The jehovah guy is at fault here
The gospel is not by force
U don't even need to argue wit anyone bout it
Ur own is to just tell them
If the man finally enter jail
Is it then that he will accept jehovah
Ll he ever want to be a jehovah witness
I beg
They should stop pulling people away from the gospel with their attitudes
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by lertee(f): 3:41pm On Oct 04, 2013
This sounds funny lol..kolomental. grin grin
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by nofij(m): 3:41pm On Oct 04, 2013
50calibre: Those guys are relentless, they never stop. I've encountered them multiple times, the lucky ones who meet me busy, I dismiss & maybe accept their magazine, the unlucky ones (who meet me free) I engage in a spiritual debate, I break down the bible for them piece by piece & before their very eyes, see me prove their doctrine to be heresy, they all leave with their tails inbetween their legs.

The first weapon in my arsenal which I use against them is " shall we pray " for some weird reason, they don't pray to Jesus.

Then I go into discrediting their bible, and proving it a junk because of course they have their own ludicrous version of the bible where God is called jehova.

Lyk seriously? prove d doctrine to b hearsay? Dey have dia own version of d bible,,,,really?? Am rily sure u've never met a witness

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Keyamo Plotting To Clone My Voice, Kill Stephanie Otobo – Apostle Suleman / 4 Powerful Programmes To Start Your Year With / Mike Murdock Visits Lagos Church (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.