Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,735 members, 7,955,793 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:16 PM

Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting (38106 Views)

Why Is Pastor Adeboye Visiting Governors With Mandates Challenged In Court? / "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! / Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Mickyboiz: 9:17pm On Oct 05, 2013
Wow...brodas thumbs up,i tot am alone here we dominate dem, Wer ar al haters? U guys shd read 2day news paper *punch* and read wer a man of God called all pastors dat collect tithe ar thieves and arm robber,i was shocked wen readin it imagine dat dey enrich dere pocket by buildn banks,mansions,buyin expensive car and private jet. We JW we dnt colect tithe,sell our magazine and we dnt force ppl to cm 2our meetings

3 Likes

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by idongesitekpo(m): 1:00am On Oct 06, 2013
searay: Too bad. RIP to the dead. I come late upon d rush
you just woke up 4rm sleep. funny
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by nomabeeee(f): 1:12am On Oct 06, 2013
Danhumprey: LMAO @ "get lost" and "get me my 9". Some Jehovah Witnesses tend to believe that they must preach to somebody,no matter what. They can be so irritating at times. angry
and d worst and annoying part is dt dy cn neva let u preach to them.
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Mishydoo(m): 7:55am On Oct 06, 2013
Do u eva preach?Once a Year Pseudo envangelism u called preachin?And wt do u say aside frm "Accept jesus as Ur personal lord and saviour"...check d bible if dats rili wat jesus sent u to preach I'll oblidge!

noma beeee: and d worst and annoying part is dt dy cn neva let u preach to them.
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by sethxy: 9:20am On Oct 06, 2013
[quote
author=Danhumprey]LMAO @ "get lost" and "get me my 9". Some Jehovah
Witnesses tend to believe that they must preach to somebody,no matter

witnesses don't force their bible messages on people. As narrated, the witnesses were already on their way
what. They can be so irritating at times. angry[/quote]
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Mickyboiz: 1:47pm On Oct 06, 2013
50calibre:

Heresy not hearsay, and yes I prove their doctrine to be nothing but heresy. I feel sorry 4u dat u dnt knw d doctrine of Jesus. The Jews also said Jesus was preachn heresy. They even said he was demon-possessed. If dey said dat 2 d master, dey wud also say so to d servant. So am nt surprised

Iv come across a few witnesses quoting from a kind of bible, where book like Isaiah is called Messiah, God is Jehovah, anyways I'm not too sure of this, whatever book or publication they bring ( that isnt the bible i know, or in conformity with the bible i know ) to use, I use against them.

As for the heresies, they are many, starting from inheriting the earth, to the 144 thousand, to not accepting Jesus as God, not praying to Jesus, they are many!

Correct me if I'm wrong!!
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Mickyboiz: 1:55pm On Oct 06, 2013
50calibre:

Heresy not hearsay, and yes I prove their doctrine to be nothing but heresy.

Iv come across a few witnesses quoting from a kind of bible, where book like Isaiah is called Messiah, God is Jehovah, anyways I'm not too sure of this, whatever book or publication they bring ( that isnt the bible i know, or in conformity with the bible i know ) to use, I use against them.

As for the heresies, they are many, starting from inheriting the earth, to the 144 thousand, to not accepting Jesus as God, not praying to Jesus, they are many!

Correct me if I'm wrong!!
I feel sorry 4u dat u dnt knw d doctrine of Jesus. The Jews also said Jesus was preachn heresy. They even said he was demon-possessed. If dey said dat 2 d master, dey wud also say so to d servant. So am nt surprised
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by oluamid(m): 3:03pm On Oct 06, 2013
They came again today. Twice.
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Mickyboiz: 3:09pm On Oct 06, 2013
Controversial preacher and coordinator of healing wings,a pentecostal christian fellowship, Dr. Femi Aribisala says PASTORS COLLECTING TITHES TODAY ARE NOTING BUT ROBBERS. In ds interview wit GBENRO ADEOYE. There are so many tnz dat ar biblical, sons of God dnt tithe. Tithe means gvn ten per cent of ur income 2GOD. However,everytn dat sons of God av belngs to God, tithing currently instituted in churches is al 419. Money is nt acceptable as tithe in d scriptures. And yet, our thievin pastors 2day only accept money. Tithes were only paid by landowners in d scriptures, bt our thievin pastors collect tithes frm everybody, tithes were only collectd by Levites,bt thievin pastors, who ar neither Jewish nor Levites,ar nw d ones collectin dem. Tithes were only meant 4d poor, d widows and strangers in d scriptures bt our thieving pastors nw use dem 2build their empires, they use dem to build cathedrals; buy jets; establish schools and banks etc. Dos pastors who collect tithes ar ntin bt thieves, there ar diffrents ways by which u cn steal money frm men. U cn put a gun in their heads and force dem 2hand over their money 2u by puttin dem in psychological bondage. That is wat your private jet-setting pastors av bin doing. JW DNT COLLECT TITHES AND OFFERING.
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by enginexy10(m): 9:06am On Oct 07, 2013
Someone reading the Bible
What Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Believe?

The beliefs of Jehovah’s Witnesses are no secret, for their literature is readily available in hundreds of languages. Below is a synopsis of some of their main tenets.
1. The Bible

The Witnesses believe that “all Scripture is inspired of God.” (2 Timothy 3:16) Jason D. BeDuhn, an associate professor of religious studies, wrote: “[Jehovah’s Witnesses built] their system of belief and practice from the raw material of the Bible without predetermining what was to be found there.” They align their beliefs with the Bible; they do not interpret it to suit themselves. At the same time, they recognize that not everything in the Bible is to be taken literally. The seven days of creation, for example, are symbolic, referring to extended periods of time.​—Genesis 1:31; 2:4.
2. The Creator

The true God has given himself a personal name​—Jehovah (or Yahweh, as used in the Roman Catholic Jerusalem Bible and preferred by some modern-day scholars)—​that distinguishes him from false gods. * (Psalm 83:18) The Hebrew form of the divine name appears some 7,000 times in the original text of the Scriptures. Stressing the importance of that name, Jesus said in his model prayer: “Hallowed be thy name.” (Matthew 6:9, King James Version) God rightly demands exclusive devotion. Hence, the Witnesses use no icons or images in their worship.​—1 John 5:21.
Jesus Christ

“The Father is greater than I am.”​—John 14:28
3. Jesus Christ

He is the Savior, “the Son of God,” and “the firstborn of all creation.” (John 1:34; Colossians 1:15; Acts 5:31) As a created being, he is not part of a Trinity. “The Father is greater than I am,” said Jesus. (John 14:28) Jesus lived in heaven before coming to earth, and after his sacrificial death and resurrection, he returned to heaven. “No one comes to the Father except through [him].”​—John 14:6.
4. God’s Kingdom

This is an actual heavenly government with a King​—Jesus Christ—​and 144,000 corulers, who are “bought from the earth.” (Revelation 5:9, 10; 14:1, 3, 4; Daniel 2:44; 7:13, 14) They will rule over the earth, which will be cleansed of all wickedness and will be inhabited by many millions of God-fearing humans.​—Proverbs 2:21, 22.
5. The earth

Ecclesiastes 1:4 states: “The earth endures for ever.” (The New English Bible) After the destruction of the wicked, the earth will be made into a paradise and populated forever by righteous humans. (Psalm 37:10, 11, 29) Jesus’ words in prayer “thy will be done in earth” will thus be fulfilled.​—Matthew 6:10, King James Version.
6. Bible prophecy

“God . . . cannot lie.” (Titus 1:2) Hence, what he foretells always comes true, including the Bible prophecies concerning the end of the present world. (Isaiah 55:11; Matthew 24:3-14) Who will survive the coming destruction? “He that does the will of God remains forever,” says 1 John 2:17.
7. Secular authorities

“Pay back Caesar’s things to Caesar, but God’s things to God,” said Jesus. (Mark 12:17) Accordingly, Jehovah’s Witnesses obey the laws of the land when these do not conflict with God’s laws.​—Acts 5:29; Romans 13:1-3.
Two women discussing the Bible

“This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.”​—Matthew 24:14
8. Preaching

Jesus foretold: “This good news of the kingdom” will be proclaimed earth wide before the end of the present world. (Matthew 24:14) Jehovah’s Witnesses consider it an honor to share in that lifesaving work. Of course, whether people listen or not is their own choice. The Bible says: “Let anyone that wishes take life’s water free.”​—Revelation 22:17.
9. Baptism

Jehovah’s Witnesses baptize only those who, on the basis of a thorough study of the Bible, want to serve God as one of his Witnesses. (Hebrews 12:1) These symbolize their personal dedication to God by water immersion.​—Matthew 3:13, 16; 28:19.
10. The clergy-laity distinction

“All you are brothers,” said Jesus to his followers. (Matthew 23:cool The early Christians, including the Bible writers, had no clergy class. This Biblical pattern is the one that Jehovah’s Witnesses follow

1 Like

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by infonubia(m): 12:36pm On Oct 07, 2013
@enginexy10, nice write up. You articulated the beliefs very well.
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by shevi4mb(m): 8:54pm On Oct 14, 2013
pato station:

You sound like your father. Don't guess for too long, just check your Bible at John 8:44 -47 "YOU are from YOUR father the Devil, and YOU wish to do the desires of YOUR father. That one was a manslayer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of [the lie].  Because I, on the other hand, tell the truth, YOU do not believe me. Who of YOU convicts me of sin? If I speak truth, why is it YOU do not believe me? He that is from God listens to the sayings of God. This is why YOU do not listen, because YOU are not from God.”

The children of God and the children of the Devil are evident by this fact: Everyone who does not carry on righteousness does not originate with God, neither does he who does not love his brother.  For this is the message which YOU have heard from [the] beginning, that we should have love for one another; not like Cain, who originated with the wicked one and slaughtered his brother. And for the sake of what did he slaughter him? Because his own works were wicked, but those of his brother [were] righteous. 1 Jn 3:10-12

Jehovah's Witnesses come to you against all odds because of the love they have for you. The earlier you know this the better for you.

heeyyyyyy, dis į̸̸̨§ too long....can you pls summarize...i dnt read dat long sorry.
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Yooguyz: 9:18pm On Oct 14, 2013
Mickyboiz: Wow...brodas thumbs up,i tot am alone here we dominate dem, Wer ar al haters? U guys shd read 2day news paper *punch* and read wer a man of God called all pastors dat collect tithe ar thieves and arm robber,i was shocked wen readin it imagine dat dey enrich dere pocket by buildn banks,mansions,buyin expensive car and private jet. We JW we dnt colect tithe,sell our magazine and we dnt force ppl to cm 2our meetings
ya but your GB owns and controls assets worth billions of dollars and yes you don't force people to your meetings but you force them to remain in your organisation. Clap for yourselp!
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Efere701(m): 10:10am On Oct 15, 2013
Have you guys ever thought for a second if the witnesses could be right, if they could be doing what true christians should be doing, if this world hates them because they're right ?

1 Like

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Yooguyz: 1:03pm On Oct 15, 2013
Efere701: Have you guys ever thought for a second if the witnesses could be right, if they could be doing what true christians should be doing, if this world hates them because they're right ?
the question you ask could also go for pentecostals. Anglican and catholics. Unless i see a trait that distinguishes jw's from other denominations that's when i'll believe that they're the one and only true religion
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Yooguyz: 1:15pm On Oct 15, 2013
Mishydoo: Do u eva preach?Once a Year Pseudo envangelism u called preachin?And wt do u say aside frm "Accept jesus as Ur personal lord and saviour"...check d bible if dats rili wat jesus sent u to preach I'll oblidge!

are you insinuating that only witnesses preach?
In 2004 there were 7
million Baptists out side of America, 600,000 baptisms and 21,000
new churches. In 2004
Witnesses baptised only
200,000 globally . Interesting information on the significant efforts of Baptist missionaries can be viewed at
internationalministries.org and namb.net.
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by brocab: 12:52am On Dec 17, 2015
We wouldn't think otherwise if we knew they were preaching the truth about Christ. But their not, they are preaching the watchtower.
Efere701:
Have you guys ever thought for a second if the witnesses could be right, if they could be doing what true christians should be doing, if this world hates them because they're right ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Keyamo Plotting To Clone My Voice, Kill Stephanie Otobo – Apostle Suleman / Mike Murdock Visits Lagos Church (Photos) / SA Pastor Who Heals By Making People Eat Snakes & Undies Welcomes Child(Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.