Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Aborisa:yoruba Religion - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Aborisa:yoruba Religion (22821 Views)

Reasons Why Yoruba Religion(aborisa) Is Evil / YORUBA Religion :: 8 World Religions, 4 Axes: Something is Wrong With The World. / So Which Is The True Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by philfearon(m): 1:18pm On Oct 12, 2013
macof: well if you choose to stay. You are welcome but don't derail the thread.

And I have told you the meaning of myth- it means story told by ancient civilizations. It doesn't mean fake or true. The bible itself is a myth, so stop showing ur lack of education here.

Orunmila a da e l'ogbon, Ase!
You are in denial....Myth is a story that is untrue...UNTRUE in the capital!
Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by macof(m): 1:45pm On Oct 12, 2013
philfearon:
You are in denial....Myth is a story that is untrue...UNTRUE in the capital!
well that's left for u. But don't degrade my religion, or derail the thread

1 Like

Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by philfearon(m): 3:53pm On Oct 12, 2013
macof: well that's left for u. But don't degrade my religion, or derail the thread
it is nt left for me,but rather 4 u to realise ur mistake...Thats how every definition describes Myth...Anything Myth is untrue!! No dictionary in this world will tel u that Myth is a true story...So y are u neckbent on living an untrue life?
Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by macof(m): 5:02pm On Oct 12, 2013
philfearon:
it is nt left for me,but rather 4 u to realise ur mistake...Thats how every definition describes Myth...Anything Myth is untrue!! No dictionary in this world will tel u that Myth is a true story...So y are u neckbent on living an untrue life?
ok Mr Phil lemme come down to your level. the story is untrue right? It's jst a myth and myths are lies right? nothing about the Yoruba story is true right?. Yes Yes and Yes would be ur answers.

The story of Adam and eve is a Jewish myth.
The story of a Messiah coming to redeem the world is a myth
The story about satan is a myth
The story about The garden of Eden is a myth
The story of God coming down to mt Sinai to personally give the commandments to Moses is a myth
The story about the tower of Babel is a myth
The story of the whole 6days creation is a myth
The whole Bible is a myth
But you believe it to be true

Am sure you do not understand wat am trying to say but here's the dope The Bible is untrue

1 Like

Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:57pm On Oct 12, 2013
macof: ok Mr Phil lemme come down to your level. the story is untrue right? It's jst a myth and myths are lies right? nothing about the Yoruba story is true right?. Yes Yes and Yes would be ur answers.

The story of God coming down to mt Sinai to personally give the commandments to Moses is a myth

Am sure you do not understand wat am trying to say but here's the dope The Bible is untrue

Can you pls ignore this guy? He is diverting the thread to something else.

1 Like

Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 12, 2013
Stop describing these African creation stories as 'myths'. That is ignorant. What these stories are are SYMBOLIC, METAPHORIC stories, which are told to simplify complex cosmic occurrences.

How do you explain to pre-industrial societies how a technologically advanced race arrived on earth in advanced craft, and used genetic engineering to create man by blending their genes with earth hominids? Of course you will NEED to condense the story into everyday language and symbols that the people could relate to. But if you investigate and go deeper, you will find that there are priests who hold the deeper knowledge and can expand the entire story and make it 'make sense'.

3 Likes

Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:56pm On Oct 12, 2013
ROSSIKE: Stop describing these African creation stories as 'myths'. That is ignorant. What these stories are are SYMBOLIC, METAPHORIC stories, which are told to simplify complex cosmic occurrences.

How do you explain to pre-industrial societies how a technologically advanced race arrived on earth in advanced craft, and used genetic engineering to create man by blending their genes with earth hominids? Of course you will NEED to condense the story into everyday language and symbols that the people could relate to. But if you investigate and go deeper, you will find that there are priests who hold the deeper knowledge and can expand the entire story and make it 'make sense'.

This is exactly where im having problem with the OP.

Yoruba spirituality becomes a religion.

The coded cosmological hypothesis (what I called spiritual hypothesis) becomes myth.

He is versed but just lifting things as the westerner depict and corrupt it.
Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by philfearon(m): 7:26pm On Oct 12, 2013
macof: ok Mr Phil lemme come down to your level. the story is untrue right? It's jst a myth and myths are lies right? nothing about the Yoruba story is true right?. Yes Yes and Yes would be ur answers.
Of course...You even used cartoon to depict ur gods....smh!!

if its a myth,it made more sense than some piece of junky Obatala who came to create man and got drunk...Which got me asking,where does the wine come from?

At least,our Messiah came down to earth,the people saw Him,and recorded about him without ifa's aid,and His stories are all over the place,winning souls for Himself..

Even Satanists will prove u wrong...Dont worry,i wil invite one of the Satanists in Nairaland to come and enlighten u..You are just ignorant..

A simple click of google wil clear ur ignorance on this..

If at all you know anything about that story,you wont be displaying your ignorance in public like this...

How did Yoruba language come about?

6days? Now i know your ignorance is highly irreparable...You dont know about the creation story,so STFU!!

Yet your own people are buying into it..So much for the sweet Paganism u proclaim!!

And Yet Your People are Running away from ur Sweet Ifa and Sango and Osun,and the other things u worship?
Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by macof(m): 9:47pm On Oct 12, 2013
Ok people am sorry for calling the creation story a myth, I thought everyone shared my definition of the word. Anyway I so believe this creation story to be more reasonable and true compared to other creation stories. It however could hold more meaning than wat we see in the surface
Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by Egundele: 5:05am On Dec 25, 2016
macof:
Odu Ifa are patterns of binary codes, which represent all of the energies contained in Igba Iwa. The odu themselves are the oracle of the divination system. It is through the Odu-Ifa, that babalawo and iyanifa are able to work with individuals to achieve the greatest potential of their destiny. It is through the Odu Ifa that priests and priestess of Orisa can help people repair their Ori, and better themselves.

The Odu Ifa are like blueprints to all the energies possible in the universe. Each has verses of esoteric knowledge associated with it along with medicines,rituals and sacrifices that accompany each of the 256 Odu

first 16 Odu Ifa
1. Ejiogbe/Ogbe-meji
2. Ejioyeku/Oyeku-Meji
3. Iwori-meji
4. Odi-meji
5. Irosun-meji
6. Owonrin-meji
7. Obara-meji
8. Okanran-meji
9. Ogunda-meji
10. Osa-meji
11. Ejika/Ika-meji
12. Oturupon-meji
13. Otura-meji
14. Ejirete/Irete-meji
15. Ejiose/Ose-meji
16. Ejiofun/Ofun-meji

Could give me the translation and interpretation of of the 16 Odu. I am a Ifa devotee learning about Ifa.

1 Like

Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by macof(m): 1:18pm On Dec 28, 2016
Egundele:

Could give me the translation and interpretation of of the 16 Odu. I am a Ifa devotee learning about Ifa.
by interpretation do u mean meaning of the names of the Odu? or their content?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Powerful Prayer Points For MMM Participants / Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? / Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.