Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Aborisa:yoruba Religion - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Aborisa:yoruba Religion (22823 Views)

Reasons Why Yoruba Religion(aborisa) Is Evil / YORUBA Religion :: 8 World Religions, 4 Axes: Something is Wrong With The World. / So Which Is The True Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by philfearon(m): 8:24pm On Oct 11, 2013
macof: yeah but still more reasonable than your half baked Jewish religion called christianity
Your First Sentence said all the crap u wrote is a "Myth"....So,it is in the Myth section of my mind...
We have learnt this crap in Social studies,JSS3...So,its nothing new...
I can show u ways to tap powers 4rm Demons if thats whats confusing u lol!!
You wil also be a f.o.ol to believe that it is only Yoruba people that have their own creation myth and a method of Divination to extract powers that exist!..
Stop decieving urself!
Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by macof(m): 8:38pm On Oct 11, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Op

Is Ifa a religion or spirituality?
It's more appropriate to call Ifa a method of spirituality. Ifa is nt religion, but is a central part of the Yoruba religion, so many non-yorubas have been introduced to Ifa. Ifa is a system of divination, a way to seek and find knowledge, Ifa deals with life in relation to the spiritual. So Ifa is definitely nt a religion
Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by macof(m): 8:49pm On Oct 11, 2013
philfearon:
Your First Sentence said all the crap u wrote is a "Myth"....So,it is in the Myth section of my mind...
We have learnt this crap in Social studies,JSS3...So,its nothing new...
I can show u ways to tap powers 4rm Demons if thats whats confusing u lol!!
You wil also be a f.o.ol to believe that it is only Yoruba people that have their own creation myth and a method of Divination to extract powers that exist!..
Stop decieving urself!
It is Better for me to deceive myself with wat my ancestors have believed, then to deceive myself wit wat the Jews believe.

myth" simply means story- it doesn't mean true story, or fake story, or imagined story. It is a word used for ancient stories by various ethnic groups, including greeks, jews, Yoruba, Igbo, Egypt etc. I am Yoruba and I rather be foolish to believe be a Yoruba, than to be foolish being a Yoruba but believe to be a Jew.

you should know dat the stories in Genesis 1-11 are are based on the original Jewish myth. Only Jews believe Adam and eve. And all dat crap you read in Genesis 1.

I am Yoruba and blindly in love with my people, culture, religion, tradition, music, fashion, language etc. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world, unlike u that have lost ur birth right to ur Jews and European masters

1 Like

Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by Chanchit: 9:02pm On Oct 11, 2013
Feeling sleepy, buh loving the thread. Would be back first thing 2mao, God willing.
Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by philfearon(m): 9:09pm On Oct 11, 2013
macof: It is Better for me to deceive myself with wat my ancestors have believed, then to deceive myself wit wat the Jews believe.

myth" simply means story- it doesn't mean true story, or fake story, or imagined story. It is a word used for ancient stories by various ethnic groups, including greeks, jews, Yoruba, Igbo, Egypt etc. I am Yoruba and I rather be foolish to believe be a Yoruba, than to be foolish being a Yoruba but believe to be a Jew.

you should know dat the stories in Genesis 1-11 are are based on the original Jewish myth. Only Jews believe Adam and eve. And all dat crap you read in Genesis 1.

I am Yoruba and blindly in love with my people, culture, religion, tradition, music, fashion, language etc. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world, unlike u that have lost ur birth right to ur Jews and European masters
So i lost everything to the Jews right and European masters right?
**It was this same European Masters that stopped the killing of Twins in Your land..
**It was the same people that westernized u.........Why do u use their Products since ur so called Tradition was better? Why do you have a cellphone when you can tel ur ifa to send messages and make calls for you? Why do u wear clothes?{i would expect u to be wearing animal skins about}
Why do u build modern houses,when ur hots are too sweet?
Why do u use internet When ur Ifa has all your answers?
Why do u own a phone?or is ur Ifa not ur source of Info?
You are really brainwashed to believe that those cartoonish crap u worship are messengers of God!
You will be so stupid to think that Cowries can help u connect with God!
Infact,why do u use anything Western since ur crappy Ifa has all the answers?
Some crappy Babalowos{yahoo yahoo hungry looking mad dogs} sits in one hut and throws shells around,and you think he is divining crap 4 u? Bro this is Pure Paganism!!
If You know anything About Demons,you wont be here Talking crap about some stupid Carved Wooden craps u worship!!
Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:19pm On Oct 11, 2013
macof: It's more appropriate to call Ifa a method of spirituality. Ifa is nt religion, but is a central part of the Yoruba religion, so many non-yorubas have been introduced to Ifa. Ifa is a system of divination, a way to seek and find knowledge, Ifa deals with life in relation to the spiritual. So Ifa is definitely nt a religion

What exactly is Yoruba religion?
Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by macof(m): 10:37pm On Oct 11, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

What exactly is Yoruba religion?
the Yoruba religion is driven by the teachings of Ifa and worship of Orisa. I believe u knw this na, why ask again? Anyway it's the spiritual belief of the Yoruba people, seeking help from the orisa, offering sacrifice and praises to them in the hope of maintaining a relationship with them so as to gain assistance in life. However Ifa says Ori is wat we should worship first before any Orisa. Ori knows us more than we know ourselves, that is why achieving knowledge and keeping balance is essential for connecting with our Ori. These are the major principles of the Yoruba religion.
Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by UyiIredia(m): 10:44pm On Oct 11, 2013
macof: Apart from the Orisa, there are other spritual forces:
Ori
Irunmole
Ajogun
Egungun
Emi

The ori is a very important spirit in the religion. It can be literalised as “head” (physical nd spiritual) it is its own entity which contains our destiny, character, memory(before life/heavenly life) it allows us make decisions through our own free will, it is also our guardian angel. Ori should be worshipped first before any orisa(worshipping orisa is never a must but gives an advantage to achieving ur destiny). As Ifa teaches that he himself is not worthy of sacrifice, that ori alone is worthy of sacrifice because all thoughts start within our own minds/heads and if our heads are focused, then so will our lives. The Irunmole and Orisa are there for the times our heads become detached (Modakeke). Basically, when we're not thinking correctly. Therefore, before seeking the assistance of any of the Irunmole or Orisa use your own head first to solve your problems (use your Ori). Ori is the owner of our destiny, he chooses it for us and we must strive to accomplish our destiny.

The Irunmole are pure spiritual beings/forces, each irunmole has specific assignment given by Olodumare, they are his personal messengers. Its the believe that there are 601 irunmole(400 constantly stay in heaven) and 201 move all around the Universe

Ajogun are the spirits that bring bad tidings. Iku(death) is their leader but it seems they work only when Esu permits them. They are called to duty when a human commits a taboo. Apart from the regular taboos of the community u live in, humans have their personal taboo could be food, cloths, drink, to acting with anger. The way to discover ur taboo is through ifa or connecting with ur Ori

Egungun is also another group of spirits, this ones are the spirits of our ancestors who have lived on earth, who could seek for reincarnation at any time, or probably be ordered by Olodumare to come to earth again; most egunguns come back to earth in that same family of their before life, usually as their grandchildren. Names like babatunde, yewande, babajide etc. Are given to children believe to be reincarnates of their close ancestor.

Emi are the souls of humans. when an Emi is ready to come to the world, Ori then Chooses the destiny.

True. In Edo traditional religion which also includes Ifa worship. The head is important. A sacrifice is made to the head, as my Dad once said 'serve your head'.
Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by UyiIredia(m): 10:46pm On Oct 11, 2013
macof: the Yoruba religion is driven by the teachings of Ifa and worship of Orisa. I believe u knw this na, why ask again? Anyway it's the spiritual belief of the Yoruba people, seeking help from the orisa, offering sacrifice and praises to them in the hope of maintaining a relationship with them so as to gain assistance in life. However Ifa says Ori is wat we should worship first before any Orisa. Ori knows us more than we know ourselves, that is why achieving knowledge and keeping balance is essential for connecting with our Ori. These are the major principles of the Yoruba religion.

I once read a story which involves one's ori (head) making its wish to Olorun before arriving earth to carry it out. I guessed later on that this was drawn from Ifa worship. Can yo please confirm this ?
Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:55pm On Oct 11, 2013
macof: the Yoruba religion is driven by the teachings of Ifa and worship of Orisa. I believe u knw this na, why ask again? Anyway it's the spiritual belief of the Yoruba people, seeking help from the orisa, offering sacrifice and praises to them in the hope of maintaining a relationship with them so as to gain assistance in life. However Ifa says Ori is wat we should worship first before any Orisa. Ori knows us more than we know ourselves, that is why achieving knowledge and keeping balance is essential for connecting with our Ori. These are the major principles of the Yoruba religion.

I still dont see how it religion. Thats the problem im having here.

Worship......where does any Orisa ask for our worship? Maybe by saying worship you mean respect or practices.

Yoruba people consult Babalawo.....this is spiritual practises...no religion attached.

Abi na festival be religion?
Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:58pm On Oct 11, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

True. In Edo traditional religion which also includes Ifa worship. The head is important. A sacrifice is made to the head, as my Dad once said 'serve your head'.

same thing in yoruba spirituality.

Are you from Edo? Im investigating relationship between Odua and bini. I belief Odua is from bini and not from mecca which I watched in movie.

There are relationship in Yoruba and Bini spiritualism
Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:10pm On Oct 11, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

I once read a story which involves one's ori (head) making its wish to Olorun before arriving earth to carry it out. I guessed later on that this was drawn from Ifa worship. Can yo please confirm this ?

Uyi.

Download A Naturalistic Interpretation of the Yoruba Concepts of Ori

Oro po ninu iwe kobo.

Ori and predestination simply is consciousness and manifestation of consciousness within existence.

Read through that link for more insight
Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by macof(m): 11:26pm On Oct 11, 2013
philfearon:
So i lost everything to the Jews right and European masters right?
**It was this same European Masters that stopped the killing of Twins in Your land..
**It was the same people that westernized u.........Why do u use their Products since ur so called Tradition was better? Why do you have a cellphone when you can tel ur ifa to send messages and make calls for you? Why do u wear clothes?{i would expect u to be wearing animal skins about}
Why do u build modern houses,when ur hots are too sweet?
Why do u use internet When ur Ifa has all your answers?
Why do u own a phone?or is ur Ifa not ur source of Info?
You are really brainwashed to believe that those cartoonish crap u worship are messengers of God!
You will be so stupid to think that Cowries can help u connect with God!
Infact,why do u use anything Western since ur crappy Ifa has all the answers?
Some crappy Babalowos{yahoo yahoo hungry looking mad dogs} sits in one hut and throws shells around,and you think he is divining crap 4 u? Bro this is Pure Paganism!!
If You know anything About Demons,you wont be here Talking crap about some stupid Carved Wooden craps u worship!!

have u ever heard of Orisa Ibeji? Am sure u haven't. They are a pair of the same entity, responsible for twins. There was never any record of killing of twins in yorubaland, although banishment was a regular punishment. When the Orisa came to earth as the twin children of Osun and Sango, the people thought badly of Osun and in order for her not to lose her place she banished them herself, but her rival wife Oba took care of the twins and they were a great blessing to the Yorubas since then twins have been cherished in yorubaland, and the time alaafin kori banished his twin sons calamity befell him and his throne until he died-a punishment from Orisa Ibeji. Ever since then it became part of our culture to call twins Taiwo ati Kehinde after the names of Orisa Ibeji.
All this happened over 700 yrs before European contact. So I wonder where u got ur information that the Europeans stopped killing of twins in Yorubaland.

The way u think am stupid to believe this religion is little compared to wat I think of you for believing christianity

Ifa doesn't do phone calls, Ifa is high in omnisence and omnipotence.
I use a cell phone cause it's technology, I use my money to buy it, using European technology doesn't make me slave to them, it's unlike u dat behave like dem, and life to die for anything they tell u.

Yorubaland has been producing it's own clothes before European contact, Wat do u think Adire and Ankara is about? Abi it's ur masters dat gave us material to use? We have been making our own dye in many colors, and mixing materials to form a blend for over 1000 yrs

yes they are huts made with clay, irons and bamboo but they are usually done according to your status. go to Ile-ife or Ilesha in Osun state you would see nice huts done in different patterns, size and comfortable conditions all according to status of the individual.

Again this is technology, the internet and phone is jst a new aged advancement in science it has nothing to do with religion, or submission to the will of men

And times without number Pagan 9ja and I have tried to explain our religions to you but you Christians are too dumb to understand- wooden images are idols nt gods, gods are spiritual/natural forces that take charge of the universe under the instructions of the supreme God. The wooden images are made by men but these gods are made by God, we worship the gods, bow and place sacrifice in front of the idol knowing that the god is nt physical but use the idols as a physical item to feel at ease, Imagine worshiping something u can't see u have to make something u can see to represent him. it's like a case of you being apart from your loved one, maybe ur wife but you use her picture to make u remember and think of her, you feel more at ease just seeing her face though the picture.

5 Likes

Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by macof(m): 11:38pm On Oct 11, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

I still dont see how it religion. Thats the problem im having here.

Worship......where does any Orisa ask for our worship? Maybe by saying worship you mean respect or practices.

Yoruba people consult Babalawo.....this is spiritual practises...no religion attached.

Abi na festival be religion?
well you are right. No Orisa ask for worship, not even Olodumare or Ori ask for worship, it's jst a thing that we has Yoruba choose to do. No compulsion in paganism, u don't have to worship or even participate in the festivals, the gods don't need our worship and they never asked us to worship them but the ancient Yoruba believed that worshipping them was a good idea-lets worship them and they'll favor us

1 Like

Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by macof(m): 11:57pm On Oct 11, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

yes dats true. All beliefs dat recognize Ifa teachings believe in the importance of Ori
Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by UyiIredia(m): 1:53am On Oct 12, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Uyi.

Download A Naturalistic Interpretation of the Yoruba Concepts of Ori

Oro po ninu iwe kobo.

Ori and predestination simply is consciousness and manifestation of consciousness within existence.

Read through that link for more insight

I will download it later, I'm not on BIS now: though the thing is you seem to want to restrict Ifa worship to naturalistic interretations and I think it transcends that, that's why I'm still as surrised with the way you defined Eledumare.
Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by UyiIredia(m): 1:54am On Oct 12, 2013
And yes I'm from Edo, Bini to be precise.
Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:38am On Oct 12, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

I will download it later, I'm not on BIS now: though the thing is you seem to want to restrict Ifa worship to naturalistic interretations and I think it transcends that, that's why I'm still as surrised with the way you defined Eledumare.

There is nothing like Ifa worship. Yoruba people dont worship Ifa.

Everything is natural and bind within a law. Everything cant be explain now. So lets keep questioning.

Lets assume I understand Quantum physic much, it would have been easy to explain African spirituality.

What we got is never a waste....keep seeking enlightenment
Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:41am On Oct 12, 2013
Uyi Iredia: And yes I'm from Edo, Bini to be precise.

My ancestral lineage flows down from Bini. In my village, they recognise Oba of Bini as the head of all Baales and Oba. Im an Ikale
Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by philfearon(m): 4:57am On Oct 12, 2013
macof:
have u ever heard of Orisa Ibeji? Am sure u haven't. They are a pair of the same entity, responsible for twins. There was never any record of killing of twins in yorubaland, although banishment was a regular punishment. When the Orisa came to earth as the twin children of Osun and Sango, the people thought badly of Osun and in order for her not to lose her place she banished them herself, but her rival wife Oba took care of the twins and they were a great blessing to the Yorubas since then twins have been cherished in yorubaland, and the time alaafin kori banished his twin sons calamity befell him and his throne until he died-a punishment from Orisa Ibeji. Ever since then it became part of our culture to call twins Taiwo ati Kehinde after the names of Orisa Ibeji.
All this happened over 700 yrs before European contact. So I wonder where u got ur information that the Europeans stopped killing of twins in Yorubaland.

The way u think am stupid to believe this religion is little compared to wat I think of you for believing christianity

I use a cell phone cause it's technology, I use my money to buy it, using European technology doesn't make me slave to them, it's unlike u dat behave like dem, and life to die for anything they tell u.

Yorubaland has been producing it's own clothes before European contact, Wat do u think Adire and Ankara is about? Abi it's ur masters dat gave us material to use? We have been making our own dye in many colors, and mixing materials to form a blend for over 1000 yrs

yes they are huts made with clay, irons and bamboo but they are usually done according to your status. go to Ile-ife or Ilesha in Osun state you would see nice huts done in different patterns, size and comfortable conditions all according to status of the individual.

Again this is technology, the internet and phone is jst a new aged advancement in science it has nothing to do with religion, or submission to the will of men

And times without number Pagan 9ja and I have tried to explain our religions to you but you Christians are too dumb to understand- wooden images are idols nt gods, gods are spiritual/natural forces that take charge of the universe under the instructions of the supreme God. The wooden images are made by men but these gods are made by God, we worship the gods, bow and place sacrifice in front of the idol knowing that the god is nt physical but use the idols as a physical item to feel at ease, Imagine worshiping something u can't see u have to make something u can see to represent him. it's like a case of you being apart from your loved one, maybe ur wife but you use her picture to make u remember and think of her, you feel more at ease just seeing her face though the picture.

Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by philfearon(m): 4:58am On Oct 12, 2013
macof:

Paganism!...Paganism! Paganism!! The way satan has confused folks eh! Damn it!
Bro,the point is that u said u prefer anything that is Your culture,and nothing else..
So,why are u embracing other peoples culture by buying their advanced products? I would have supposed that urs is the superior ones?
No matter how good you try to paint your paganism,it is still paganism...Stop attaching tradition to it or culture..
In Igboland,there are so many of this gods u talk about..
E.g:
Sango-Amadioha-god of thunder..
I understand ur Ori to mean Personal god/guardian..
Ori-Ikenga-Personal god...
Like u people,Igbo's{ancient/our forefathers} also Believed there is God{Chukwu or Olisa or Chi},and uptil today,most Igbo names start with Chi or Chukwu,while some ends with them...
Like you people too,The igbo's have their own divinition method too{igba afa},performed only by a Dibia{native Doctor}..
Like u too,the igbo's also carve out woods as representation of those gods and offer sacrifices to them for good luck et al and the likes...Infact every family has their own family special gods{Agbara} apact from the General village's gods....
But hey bro,all those things are Traditional beliefs rooted in paganism and nothing more....
God Almighty sent his son to correct these things once and for all cuz those things are crap....If at all You want to access God,u dont nid all those things,yes things thats what ur gods are,to meditate b4 u and ur God...God is all hearing,all Knowing,Ever Present and can hear you pray to Him without visiting ur Babalowo or believing that ur Ori wil save u...
What you people dont know is that The Devil is a trickster,a masterminder,and the bible even tagged him "the ruler of the world"....
I dont see any difference between ur Paganism and Satanism!
Your gods draw powers from ur fears,and use it to confuse u,blind u,and u follow them sheepishly and waste ur money buying unending rams and cocks for a god that cant feed himself/herself...
The God i serve made it clear that you should nt have any other gods before me "Exodus20:
3-You shall have no other gods before me.
4-You shall not make for yourself a graven image,or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above,or that is in the earth beneath,or that is in the water under the earth.
5-You shall not bow down to them or serve them,for i the Lord your God is a jealous God,visiting the iniquities of the fathers down to the 3rd nd 4th generation of those who hate me,
6-but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments"
Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by philfearon(m): 5:21am On Oct 12, 2013
macof: According to Yoruba myth,
Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by philfearon(m): 5:28am On Oct 12, 2013
Go and read CRY, THE BELIEVED COUNTRY-by Alan Paton,it will help u undastand the secrets and reasons behind your myths,and why they are there!! Peace..
A myth can never be a true story....
Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by macof(m): 7:47am On Oct 12, 2013
philfearon: Go and read CRY, THE BELIEVED COUNTRY-by Alan Paton,it will help u undastand the secrets and reasons behind your myths,and why they are there!! Peace..
A myth can never be a true story....
if am to believe that last statement, it means the Bible can never be a true story. Case closed

1 Like

Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by macof(m): 9:05am On Oct 12, 2013
philfearon:
Paganism!...Paganism! Paganism!! The way satan has confused folks eh! Damn it!
Bro,the point is that u said u prefer anything that is Your culture,and nothing else..
So,why are u embracing other peoples culture by buying their advanced products? I would have supposed that urs is the superior ones?
No matter how good you try to paint your paganism,it is still paganism...Stop attaching tradition to it or culture..
In Igboland,there are so many of this gods u talk about..
E.g:
Sango-Amadioha-god of thunder..
I understand ur Ori to mean Personal god/guardian..
Ori-Ikenga-Personal god...
Like u people,Igbo's{ancient/our forefathers} also Believed there is God{Chukwu or Olisa or Chi},and uptil today,most Igbo names start with Chi or Chukwu,while some ends with them...
Like you people too,The igbo's have their own divinition method too{igba afa},performed only by a Dibia{native Doctor}..
Like u too,the igbo's also carve out woods as representation of those gods and offer sacrifices to them for good luck et al and the likes...Infact every family has their own family special gods{Agbara} apact from the General village's gods....
But hey bro,all those things are Traditional beliefs rooted in paganism and nothing more....
God Almighty sent his son to correct these things once and for all cuz those things are crap....If at all You want to access God,u dont nid all those things,yes things thats what ur gods are,to meditate b4 u and ur God...God is all hearing,all Knowing,Ever Present and can hear you pray to Him without visiting ur Babalowo or believing that ur Ori wil save u...
What you people dont know is that The Devil is a trickster,a masterminder,and the bible even tagged him "the ruler of the world"....
I dont see any difference between ur Paganism and Satanism!
Your gods draw powers from ur fears,and use it to confuse u,blind u,and u follow them sheepishly and waste ur money buying unending rams and cocks for a god that cant feed himself/herself...
The God i serve made it clear that you should nt have any other gods before me "Exodus20:
3-You shall have no other gods before me.
4-You shall not make for yourself a graven image,or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above,or that is in the earth beneath,or that is in the water under the earth.
5-You shall not bow down to them or serve them,for i the Lord your God is a jealous God,visiting the iniquities of the fathers down to the 3rd nd 4th generation of those who hate me,
6-but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments"

1. Satan doesn't exist, at least in my life and Mt religion he doesn't-so absurd to believe, an angel would rebel against God. No one is capable of rebelling against God, it's impossible
2. Christianity is really making ur brain rotten, how is using technology, embracing another man culture?
3. Everybody is a child of God, there's no such thing as only son, that's something for dogs to believe. I am a son of God
4. Where have you noticed me painting my paganism? This guy has a low IQ. Have you seen me denying paganism?
5. So I don't need anything to mediate with God? Hypocritical fool, wat do u do with the dead jew called yeshua? If you say I don't need gods to reach God, I believe u because even Ifa supports dat, God is already in us, we just need to grow in spirit. But the same applies with the dead Jew, he is dead and gone, he has even forgotten that he promised to come back(dats if he ever planned to come for lame brain Christians of this generation or any generation)
6. The Devil you know doesn't exist, and Men are the rulers of the world
7. Tradition and culture is a pair, every ethnic group has both. So if u are too loose headed to figure that out you had better back off
8. Can u explain satanism? because I knw u still don't understand paganism having read through this thread but now explain satanism.let's see why you call paganism satanism
9. Pls Wat religion blinds the worshipers? Answer: Christianity.
one principle of christianity is to believe without doubt, exclude intelligence let your Bible think for you. Is that not sheepish? We buy rams and cocks to sacrifice but isn't it us that eats the meat? Did you read what I wrote about animal sacrifice on this thread? Am sure you read nothing, even if you did, you understand nothing, your brain is poo and you prove me right over and over again. wait a minute, does your God not collect animal sacrifice? he even requests for human sacrifice, or you don't really read your piece of compiled paper called Bible where you God instructed Israelites to make sacrifice of all kind to him,and am sure if he could ask Abraham for human sacrifice, he would have asked so many people which the compilers of the Bible refused to add

1 Like

Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:52am On Oct 12, 2013
Hey Macof and Uyi-iredia.....lets discuss Ori and predestination on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1475169/madness-doing-morally-free-mental
Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by philfearon(m): 10:21am On Oct 12, 2013
macof:
1. Satan doesn't exist, at least in my life and Mt religion he doesn't-so absurd to believe, an angel would rebel against God. No one is capable of rebelling against God, it's impossible
2. Christianity is really making ur brain rotten, how is using technology, embracing another man culture?
3. Everybody is a child of God, there's no such thing as only son, that's something for dogs to believe. I am a son of God
4. Where have you noticed me painting my paganism? This guy has a low IQ. Have you seen me denying paganism?
5. So I don't need anything to mediate with God? Hypocritical fool, wat do u do with the dead jew called yeshua? If you say I don't need gods to reach God, I believe u because even Ifa supports dat, God is already in us, we just need to grow in spirit. But the same applies with the dead Jew, he is dead and gone, he has even forgotten that he promised to come back(dats if he ever planned to come for lame brain Christians of this generation or any generation)
6. The Devil you know doesn't exist, and Men are the rulers of the world
7. Tradition and culture is a pair, every ethnic group has both. So if u are too loose headed to figure that out you had better back off
8. Can u explain satanism? because I knw u still don't understand paganism having read through this thread but now explain satanism.let's see why you call paganism satanism
9. Pls Wat religion blinds the worshipers? Answer: Christianity.
one principle of christianity is to believe without doubt, exclude intelligence let your Bible think for you. Is that not sheepish? We buy rams and cocks to sacrifice but isn't it us that eats the meat? Did you read what I wrote about animal sacrifice on this thread? Am sure you read nothing, even if you did, you understand nothing, your brain is poo and you prove me right over and over again. wait a minute, does your God not collect animal sacrifice? he even requests for human sacrifice, or you don't really read your piece of compiled paper called Bible where you God instructed Israelites to make sacrifice of all kind to him,and am sure if he could ask Abraham for human sacrifice, he would have asked so many people which the compilers of the Bible refused to add
See how People languish in Ignorance!
Well,u can insult Jesus Christ,call him names,goodluck to u...just that our God is a merciful and patient God,and that we are living in the Period of Grace...This is why u can talk ill of God and go free.....
You are a fo.o.l if u believe that the devil{Lucifer,Satan} does not exist....Maybe u dont know that u are worshipping him?
U worship carved sticks that should be used 4 firewood..
You are stupid to think that using Technology is nt embracing foreign culture..Your ifa should be ur Source of everytin...
Everything that happened in the Bible is dated,and are historically proven to be true..Your crappy religion in ur own Words is a Myth..Keep decieving urself with Myths...And 4 ur blunt ears,myths are Untrue stories!!
Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by macof(m): 10:30am On Oct 12, 2013
philfearon:
See how People languish in Ignorance!
Well,u can insult Jesus Christ,call him names,goodluck to u...just that our God is a merciful and patient God,and that we are living in the Period of Grace...This is why u can talk ill of God and go free.....
You are a fo.o.l if u believe that the devil{Lucifer,Satan} does not exist....Maybe u dont know that u are worshipping him?
U worship carved sticks that should be used 4 firewood..
You are stupid to think that using Technology is nt embracing foreign culture..Your ifa should be ur Source of everytin...
Everything that happened in the Bible is dated,and are historically proven to be true..Your crappy religion in ur own Words is a Myth..Keep decieving urself with Myths...And 4 ur blunt ears,myths are Untrue stories!!
I hope you are done talking rubbish. Now if u don't have anything reasonable to add in the topic of discussion, which is Ifa and the yoruba spiritual belief you can just un-follow the thread. Because I see you are not born to have knowledge.
Am still going to open a thread to bash your useless christianity, maybe then we can talk.

2 Likes

Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:38am On Oct 12, 2013
macof: well you are right. No Orisa ask for worship, not even Olodumare or Ori ask for worship, it's jst a thing that we has Yoruba choose to do. No compulsion in paganism, u don't have to worship or even participate in the festivals, the gods don't need our worship and they never asked us to worship them but the ancient Yoruba believed that worshipping them was a good idea-lets worship them and they'll favor us

TRue and not just Yorubas. THe world over.

The Gods do not ask us to worship. whether we worship them or not, they are Spiritual Forces and are involved in all day-day activities.

It is just that our ancestors started worshiping them, and we have continued to do that, to appease and try to make them positively influence our lives in our direction and to interfere in our lives in ways we ask them to.
Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by philfearon(m): 12:38pm On Oct 12, 2013
macof: I hope you are done talking rubbish. Now if u don't have anything reasonable to add in the topic of discussion, which is Ifa and the yoruba spiritual belief you can just un-follow the thread. Because I see you are not born to have knowledge.
Am still going to open a thread to bash your useless christianity, maybe then we can talk.
You are stupid...Did u invite me here to come and help u propagate ur silly languish in ignorance? You must be off ur mind silly!!
F.o.o.l,u called ur religion a Myth,Yet you are here bragging....Your own foolis.h.ness nn get part2
Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by philfearon(m): 12:39pm On Oct 12, 2013
macof: I hope you are done talking rubbish. Now if u don't have anything reasonable to add in the topic of discussion, which is Ifa and the yoruba spiritual belief you can just un-follow the thread. Because I see you are not born to have knowledge.
You are stupid...Did u invite me here to come and help u propagate ur silly languish in ignorance? You must be off ur mind silly!!
F.o.o.l,u called ur religion a Myth,Yet you are here bragging....Your own foolis.h.ness no get part2
Re: Aborisa:yoruba Religion by macof(m): 12:54pm On Oct 12, 2013
philfearon:
F.o.o.l,u called ur religion a Myth,Yet you are here bragging....Your own foolis.h.ness nn get part2
well if you choose to stay. You are welcome but don't derail the thread.

And I have told you the meaning of myth- it means story told by ancient civilizations. It doesn't mean fake or true. The bible itself is a myth, so stop showing ur lack of education here.

Orunmila a da e l'ogbon, Ase!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? / Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues / Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.