Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

"The Walking Dead" - Season 4 - TV/Movies (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 (17622 Views)

THE WALKING DEAD - Fan Page / The Walking Dead Season 3 / All The Zombie Horror Fans - The Walking Dead (AMC's epic series) [Season 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by montelik(m): 8:01pm On Dec 02, 2013
Abeg, the same Guv that was still dragging with janjala Michonne is now some champion fighter. There is no escaping it, the writer have wussified Rick.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 02, 2013
montelik: I think its now pretty clear Carol didn't kill Karen and David. Liz did it, possibly trying to emulate what Carol did when her father was sick. Carol probably saw Liz's actions and felt guilty for all the child soldier/guerilla training she had been giving them and helped dispose of the bodies and took the blame. Tyrese couldn't get mad at little child, much less one who has now saved his life. Carol should have told the truth when Rick banished her.

Wonder if Hershel would have lectured Darryl for arrowing the tank operator as he was surrendering, like he did with Carl.

The tank operator wasn't surrendering....He's just defenseless

The one Carl killed didn't blow up a prison with his tank
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by PhysicsQED(m): 8:37pm On Dec 02, 2013
ogugua88: I'm surprised Rick didn't give the governor a verbal one blow. "He killed his own people. The survivors came here and we've been looking after them since". The only reason the guv had a following was because they had no idea who he was.

That would have been risky. The governor might have lost his cool if Rick tried to expose him and he might have killed the hostages just to spite Rick for trying to turn his own group against him instead of submitting to his demands.

I'd like to think that if a new guy comes, two leaders are dead, and he gets an ex-army dude under his wing, I'd know that he's up to no good.

It wouldn't really be that obvious that it was the new guy that killed them though. Since walkers kill so frequently, most people in that situation would probably just believe any story involving walkers.

What I didn't like in an earlier episode was how they made one of those two killed leaders the brother of the tank guy. It was completely unnecessary to do that and it kind of strained the believability of the whole situation. I don't see what sense it made for the tank guy to have agreed to serve the governor out of fear for his own life and survival after his brother was killed. After the governor came to intimidate him, it would have made much more sense and been more believable for him to just pack up his stuff, steal as much as he can from the camp, take a vehicle, and escape in the night. But then again, maybe he was desperate not to abandon the tank and that factor overcame his fear of the governor's craziness.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by PhysicsQED(m): 8:40pm On Dec 02, 2013
montelik: Abeg, the same Guv that was still dragging with janjala Michonne is now some champion fighter. There is no escaping it, the writer have wussified Rick.

Michonne's character comes across as tougher than anyone in that group except for maybe Darryl. That the Governor couldn't defeat her when they squared off made sense to me.

The Governor being physically stronger than Rick is entirely believable. Don't see how missing an eye is such a big factor. If somebody's stronger, more aggressive, more enraged/crazed, and just an all around more vicious fighter, that can easily make up for lacking an eye. Then again, they could have been equally strong, but the Governor's murderous rage could have just given him the edge in that particular fight. Either way, there's nothing about the Governor winning that fight that's so unbelievable.

2 Likes

Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by PhysicsQED(m): 8:48pm On Dec 02, 2013
montelik: Amazing how little kids can nail headshots so easily.

Yeah, that part wasn't believable, but it was probably only for dramatic effect on the director's part, and possibly to also reinforce the idea that they were trained by Carol (who would have trained them to always aim for their targets' (walkers) heads).
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by 50calibre(m): 10:37pm On Dec 02, 2013
Mcbussy:

guy u are right about d plot thing and d writers trying to make d show logical.....but i must disagree with u about d eye thing.i grew up in a military environment and i know alot of shortsighted pple dat use glasses in d military dat would beat d living daylight out of u. i am of d opinion dat i would beat a one legged man even if i had only 1 eye thats short sighted....lol

from d moment Rick was hit in d leg till d end of d episode,he couldnt even stand on his own.d bullet dat hit d Guv was obviously a scratch cos he didnt even seem like sum1 injured even after d incident.

balance is very important in combat....even d military recruits pple with poor vision for some professional roles,but if u have anything as much as a flat foot or rickets u can never pass selection. thats a reflection of how important the limbs are in combat.

i know d senses are important too....but d ability to move is d most important in combat.besides,d Guv wasnt blind or deaf.

I dont want to go too far into combat analysis, but you probably underestimate the power of sight. Muhammad Ali once said " The hands can't hit what the eyes can't see " those who understand the pugilist trade will tell you sight is invaluable in combat.

Now I'm not saying balance isn't important, I'm just saying I find it far fetched that the governor could so dominate rick ( a cop who has shown good physical skills ) with one eye & bullet in the arm despite rick having the element of surprise, i expected Rick to go for his 2nd eye immediately. In such situation, the adrenaline rush should be enough to numb the pain on the leg.

It's because this is a show, in real life, a grown man delivers a solid punch to your face, it will fracture a bone on your face, it's only in movies we see big guys fighting & still standing.

I don't see the governor as a strong guy, Michone kicked his as*s & punctured his eye for God's sake, I see him as an opportunist who jumps on his victims quickly & overpowers them before they could recover. He might be tall but height counts for nothing when facing a skilful guy, in fact it's a disadvantage, remember Mike Tyson in his heydays?
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by 50calibre(m): 10:51pm On Dec 02, 2013
montelik: For a moment I almost thought the writers were ready to try something radical. But alas they wimped out to all the riot threats. cool

Don't celebrate yet, there might still be a shocker.

I have a feeling Darryl was bitten, didnt it surprise you we weren't shown what transpired between him & that walker?

1 Like

Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by 50calibre(m): 10:58pm On Dec 02, 2013
ogugua88: Despite all the rushing emotions, my biggest relief was Lilly. In the first few episodes, I've been viewing her as the new Andrea, but she isn't. She's better than Andrea. What took Andrea 2743584246 episodes to see, it took Lilly 3. She didn't budge when the guv tried to charm her by saying "I love you". If na Andrea, sotey she go comot pant for that field. Lilly was very apprehensive, which I liked... just that she had to wait for a walker to chop her pikin before she acted. And yes, Meghan was too far away. They got comfortable.

As for Tara, the loud mumu lol. Even if there was no apocalypse, I think she would've been kicked out of police academy. The way she kept shaking at the sound of fired bullets.

I'm surprised Rick didn't give the governor a verbal one blow. "He killed his own people. The survivors came here and we've been looking after them since". The only reason the guv had a following was because they had no idea who he was. I'd like to think that if a new guy comes, two leaders are dead, and he gets an ex-army dude under his wing, I'd know that he's up to no good.

Loool very true!! Initially when her character was first introduced, I though she was tough after seeing her threaten the governor but it turned out she was just another wuss trying to look tough.

I think the climax of her wussiness has to be when she screamed "He just chopped a guy's head off with a sword" that was a traumatic experience for her.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Afam4eva(m): 11:42pm On Dec 02, 2013
I knew Hershel was gonna die sooner or later but i wasn't expecting him to time in such a cruel manner. I was expecting him dying in his sleep or something. I also find it strange that the Governor would choose to kill Hershel before Michone whom he has been itching to kill for a long time. I was expecting him to put a bullet through her the moment he sights her.

This episode was the bomb and it brought back that TWD spirit. I can't believe i have to wait till February to watch the other half of season 4.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by nnagozie(m): 5:01am On Dec 03, 2013
Afam4eva: I knew Hershel was gonna die sooner or later but i wasn't expecting him to time in such a cruel manner. I was expecting him dying in his sleep or something. I also find it strange that the Governor would choose to kill Hershel before Michone whom he has been itching to kill for a long time. I was expecting him to put a bullet through her the moment he sights her.

This episode was the bomb and it brought back that TWD spirit. I can't believe i have to wait till February to watch the other half of season 4.

The governor wanted Rick to surrender the prison that was y he threatened hershel cos hersel was closer to Rick than michone. And he would prefer to torture michonr than just chopping her head off.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by nnagozie(m): 5:01am On Dec 03, 2013
Afam4eva: I knew Hershel was gonna die sooner or later but i wasn't expecting him to time in such a cruel manner. I was expecting him dying in his sleep or something. I also find it strange that the Governor would choose to kill Hershel before Michone whom he has been itching to kill for a long time. I was expecting him to put a bullet through her the moment he sights her.

The governor wanted Rick to surrender the prison that was y he threatened hershel cos hersel was closer to Rick than michone. And he would prefer to torture michone than just chopping her head off.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Mcbussy(m): 11:19am On Dec 03, 2013
50calibre:

I dont want to go too far into combat analysis, but you probably underestimate the power of sight. Muhammad Ali once said " The hands can't hit what the eyes can't see " those who understand the pugilist trade will tell you sight is invaluable in combat.

Now I'm not saying balance isn't important, I'm just saying I find it far fetched that the governor could so dominate rick ( a cop who has shown good physical skills ) with one eye & bullet in the arm despite rick having the element of surprise, i expected Rick to go for his 2nd eye immediately. In such situation, the adrenaline rush should be enough to numb the pain on the leg.

It's because this is a show, in real life, a grown man delivers a solid punch to your face, it will fracture a bone on your face, it's only in movies we see big guys fighting & still standing.

I don't see the governor as a strong guy, Michone kicked his as*s & punctured his eye for God's sake, I see him as an opportunist who jumps on his victims quickly & overpowers them before they could recover. He might be tall but height counts for nothing when facing a skilful guy, in fact it's a disadvantage, remember Mike Tyson in his heydays?

oga sight is valuable and d Guv had it....or do u wanna tell me an eye isnt enuf to see?....how can sum1 dat use 1 eye to nail a walkers brain with a single shot be classified as sum1 without sight?...obviously d Guv didnt have a bullet in his arm cos he didnt act like his arm was numb all tru,d bullet must av scratched through.dont over-emphasise on dat 1 eye forgetting dat it still covers a very reasonable angle of sight.when u need to shoot a target,1 eye is all u need to look into a sniper scope of a gun,not two.but when it comes to movement and agility,u need both legs.

see u talking about skills,how good would Muhammed Ali have been without his agility and quick feet?

the point is dat they both had d sense of sight,or was d Guv blind?.....but 1 man couldnt move around.

i no argue again....see u guys in february.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Mcbussy(m): 11:25am On Dec 03, 2013
PhysicsQED:

Michonne's character comes across as tougher than anyone in that group except for maybe Darryl. That the Governor couldn't defeat her when they squared off made sense to me.

The Governor being physically stronger than Rick is entirely believable. Don't see how missing an eye is such a big factor. If somebody's stronger, more aggressive, more enraged/crazed, and just an all around more vicious fighter, that can easily make up for lacking an eye. Then again, they could have been equally strong, but the Governor's murderous rage could have just given him the edge in that particular fight. Either way, there's nothing about the Governor winning that fight that's so unbelievable.

guy abeg tell dem o,some pple believe we're still in d age where "ACTOR NO DEY DIE"......lol

Rick a.k.a Actor must beat everybody and win every fight nah grin
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Nobody: 1:53am On Dec 04, 2013
Having one eye isn't that much of a disadvantage. The body adapts rather quickly.

1 Like

Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by chromatic: 11:41am On Dec 04, 2013
So I just watched the Mid-season Finale..
Why the f**k do they have to kill Hershel off! Why!
I thought it would make much sense had the governor to killed Michonne, whom he was boiling for anyways though I understand he did Hershel because he would have more emotional impact on the group...but it should have been Michonne..

This show f**ked up, killing Hershel, then bringing some stupid characters I really could care less about...not even developing them either.

They better keep Daryl, Rick, Carl, Maggie and Glenn or I'm done!...well, a lot of questions and a really long wait till february. I hate all these hiatuses.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Mcbussy(m): 12:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
chromatic: So I just watched the Mid-season Finale..
Why the f**k do they have to kill Hershel off! Why!
I thought it would make much sense had the governor to killed Michonne, whom he was boiling for anyways though I understand he did Hershel because he would have more emotional impact on the group...but it should have been Michonne..

This show f**ked up, killing Hershel, then bringing some stupid characters I really could care less about...not even developing them either.

They better keep Daryl, Rick, Carl, Maggie and Glenn or I'm done!...well, a lot of questions and a really long wait till february. I hate all these hiatuses.

hehehehegrin......dont worry dude,u'll surely get used to d new comers.Dale was killed off despite his compassion and good will and we've long forgotten about him.

i sense dat Bob or whats his name is gonna bcome a quite decent fella

Tyrese is still his annoying self.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by kenlash1(m): 1:18pm On Dec 04, 2013
Pls guys I need link to download season 4 episode 8, badally on mobile
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by LordOrochimaru(m): 3:13pm On Dec 04, 2013
So I decided to comment last and officially close this thread till february. Glad it resumes february after my exams. Well, the episode was very ok being a mid-season finale. Herschel had to go, he had played his part earlier in season 3 and also in the early part of season 4 taking care of the sick.there was definitely no way he would survive if michonne had taken the hit and he escaped into the wild. Also, I find it ridiculous that those kids could shoot without feeling the effects of shooting a gun, and with one hand. I think the fight between the guvnor and rick was fair...all in all, a good episode. See y'all in february. Compliments of the season. Good bless
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by hyzicbond(m): 7:50pm On Dec 04, 2013
VillageBoi:
Straight up. They better not mess the show up as they messed up Person Of Interest... how POI woke up one day and thought they were GOT... smh!

that person of interest pain me ehn .....

seeing carter died was so emotional to me..
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by venorite(m): 9:01pm On Dec 05, 2013
kenlash1: Pls guys I need link to download season 4 episode 8, badally on mobile
http://o2tvseries.com/The-Walking-Dead/Season-04/Episode-08/index.html

1 Like

Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by kenlash1(m): 3:17am On Dec 06, 2013
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Nobody: 4:02am On Dec 06, 2013
Lord Orochimaru: So I decided to comment last and officially close this thread till february. Glad it resumes february after my exams. Well, the episode was very ok being a mid-season finale. Herschel had to go, he had played his part earlier in season 3 and also in the early part of season 4 taking care of the sick.there was definitely no way he would survive if michonne had taken the hit and he escaped into the wild. Also, I find it ridiculous that those kids could shoot without feeling the effects of shooting a gun, and with one hand. I think the fight between the guvnor and rick was fair...all in all, a good episode. See y'all in february. Compliments of the season. Good bless

They used two hands, but still felt no recoil and had thug faces like Ja Rule lol.

1 Like

Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by SIRcumalot: 4:12am On Dec 06, 2013
50calibre:

Don't celebrate yet, there might still be a shocker.

I have a feeling Darryl was bitten, didnt it surprise you we weren't shown what transpired between him & that walker?
I doubt it besides he used that particular walker as a shield to deal with those govenors people firing at him also he has one of his arrows in the walkers head.
Am going to miss the Govenor I see no reason why that woman should kill him like that.

I believe those kids were trained to fire a weapon by carol.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by valboy20(m): 8:05am On Dec 09, 2013
so na me finally close this thread..

action packed suspense filled episode wid minor flaws.. see y'all in Feb
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by fweshyboi(m): 8:29am On Dec 12, 2013
Seriously I can't just wait till febuary.. This is looking more tougher...
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Kekule11(m): 8:20pm On Dec 22, 2013
pls I need link to download this film o,season 4.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by montelik(m): 11:45pm On Jan 02, 2014

2 Likes

Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by hyzicbond(m): 6:23pm On Jan 04, 2014
Some governor's moments

Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by montelik(m): 10:15pm On Jan 06, 2014

No more fences and goodbye to farmer/wussified Rick.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. / Official Thread of Gulder Ultimate Search 6 / Chidi Mokeme Returns As Host Of Gulder Ultimate Search 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.