Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

"The Walking Dead" - Season 4 - TV/Movies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 (17624 Views)

THE WALKING DEAD - Fan Page / The Walking Dead Season 3 / All The Zombie Horror Fans - The Walking Dead (AMC's epic series) [Season 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 02, 2013
My body is still shaking.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Mcbussy(m): 11:26am On Dec 02, 2013
ogugua88: My body is still shaking.

Come to ma house lemme pet u grin

1 Like

Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Mcbussy(m): 11:32am On Dec 02, 2013
ella.b:
Well,Daryl dint die.
My dear Hershel..I ll miss him

Why do we ve to wait Feb 9 for d next episode?its too far

I believe dats why they called it the mid-season finale.

But february far true true Oº° sad
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by PhysicsQED(m): 11:32am On Dec 02, 2013
Great episode in pretty much every way. They ended the mid-season very well. Looking forward to the return of the show in February.

Some thoughts:

- If Rick had agreed to evacuate the prison by sundown, the Governor might have double crossed them and attacked the buses and cars as they were leaving. I don't think it would be in keeping with his character to leave a possible threat to him and his new family's safety free to return someday to attack the prison and take it back. The writers would probably make the Governor the one lying about what would be done if they could reach an agreement, not Rick.

- Rick probably fought with the governor hand-to-hand only because he was already out of ammo, while the Governor probably kept punching (and then strangling) Rick after already winning the hand-to-hand fight instead of just shooting Rick only because he was completely crazed at that point and wanted to finish him with his own hands.

- The sister of the (now deceased) Governor's new girlfriend (the one that got really scared during the fight and said "he chopped that guy's head off with a SWORD!" grin might be the one who took the baby (Judith) as she was escaping from the carnage and fleeing for her life. But since the baby carriage was bloody, it might have been someone else who actually had bloody hands from real fighting. And of course, there is the possibility that the other kids, for some reason, abandoned the baby and left it to die, but I don't think that makes much sense. I think the baby is either on the bus or with someone else who's in the forests on foot.

- The person who killed those two sick people (Karen and that other guy) earlier in the season might have been that little girl who said "Carol said we need to be strong" and convinced the other kids to get guns and join the fight (and eventually save Tyrese's life). That's the same girl that also saved Glenn's life in a previous episode. What Tyrese said about the person feeding the walkers rats and mutilating that animal in the prison being the same as the person that killed Karen is completely plausible and I suspect that that weird little girl did all of these things. Also, she has smaller hands just like Carol, so the smaller sized bloody hand prints that Rick saw on the walls near where those two were killed and dragged out and burnt could have been that little girl's instead. I think Carol was just covering for her because she (Carol) probably blames herself for messing up the little girl's mind by teaching the kids all those survival strategies and killing techniques before they were mature enough to exercise sound judgement about how to use them.

- The only flaw in the episode (although it's not anything major), and the part I found not well thought out is how they had that little girl playing and digging so far away from her mother (the governor's girlfriend) before she got bit. I don't know why the director thought it was believable to anybody that a mother would let her child play that far away when there are walkers around them in every direction.

- I don't think there's going to be another "wise old man" character in the series from here on out. They already eliminated Dale in a previous season, and with Herschel now gone, if they brought in another character like that (who would probably die as well), it would just seem repetitive and stale.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by VillageBoi(m): 11:37am On Dec 02, 2013
[size=18pt]See y'all in Feb![/size]
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by montelik(m): 11:44am On Dec 02, 2013
I am probably going to be called harsh if I say the episode was slightly disappointing and missed opportunity for bigger things.

I will give a more detailed reaction, when I can get to my pc. Good concept but too many missed opportunities.

Oh boy Rick has really turned to a wuss, imagine the Guv whipping him in hand to hand combat, despite him having an extra eye and element of surprise advantage. lol
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Mcbussy(m): 12:04pm On Dec 02, 2013
montelik: I am probably going to be called harsh if I say the episode was slightly disappointing and missed opportunity for bigger things.

I will give a more detailed reaction, when I can get to my pc. Good concept but too many missed opportunities.

Oh boy Rick has really turned to a wuss, imagine the Guv whipping him in hand to hand combat, despite him having an extra eye and element of surprise advantage. lol

Guy nah wah for u Oº°...ur judgment is far from being correct.the episode was absolutely fine.I don't think there'd be much to watch if things like dis don't happen and every1 lives happily ever after.

U said the governor shouldn't have beat Rick on hand to hand combat forgetting dat Rick was shot in the leg...have u tried working with an injured limb before? Let alone fighting a complete man. having 1 eye isn't such a disadvantage as long as the 2nd eye sees perfectly well.

it woulda been too fake if Rick had won dat fight. Dis aint Spatacus,its TWD grin
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by VillageBoi(m): 12:22pm On Dec 02, 2013
PhysicsQED: The person who killed those two sick people (Karen and that other guy) earlier in the season might have been that little girl who said "Carol said we need to be strong"

All I wanna know from you is, if na she, whaddahell does that small pikin eat for breakfast to have the strength to drag those two adult bodies outside? Because if me sef chop that thing I go start never-lose boxing career straight up wink

1 Like

Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by PhysicsQED(m): 12:28pm On Dec 02, 2013
VillageBoi:

All I wanna know from you is, if na she, whaddahell does that small pikin eat for breakfast to have the strength to drag those two adult bodies outside? Because if me sef chop that thing I go start never-lose boxing career straight up wink

That's a good point, but she could have convinced another kid to help her move the bodies.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by montelik(m): 12:38pm On Dec 02, 2013
Mcbussy:

Guy nah wah for u Oº°...ur judgment is far from being correct.the episode was absolutely fine.I don't think there'd be much to watch if things like dis don't happen and every1 lives happily ever after.

U said the governor shouldn't have beat Rick on hand to hand combat forgetting dat Rick was shot in the leg...have u tried working with an injured limb before? Let alone fighting a complete man. having 1 eye isn't such a disadvantage as long as the 2nd eye sees perfectly well.

it woulda been too fake if Rick had won dat fight. Dis aint Spatacus,its TWD grin

the Guv was also shot in the arm, so 1-1 ojoro cancel. besides all he needed to do was throw a few left-handed hay-makers that the Guv would never have seen coming. all that farming and ghost imagination has wussified him. lol
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by VillageBoi(m): 1:03pm On Dec 02, 2013
montelik:
the Guv was also shot in the arm, so 1-1 ojoro cancel.
Guy chillax. Being grazed in the arm and shot in the leg ARE two very different things. Without balance you can never win a fight - legs = balance and Rick didn't have that.
Sometimes I find it surprising that we don't think these writers & producers have actually 'THOUGHT' things through; trust me - at their level they don't do the 'Nollywood' kpa-kpa-kpa thing! Anyway, at this rate of critical dissection Nigeria is supposed to be producing the BEST shows in the world bar none! Go figure or go start 'writing'.
Simple truth is sometimes we will like episodes and sometimes we won't - it's all subjective. We might not be happy with the final, final, final ending of this show when it happens but the producers & writers make the choices.

2 Likes

Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by VillageBoi(m): 1:08pm On Dec 02, 2013
PhysicsQED:
That's a good point, but she could have convinced another kid to help her move the bodies.
That's the fun of shows... sometimes we never know until they actually tell us. If the kid did the rat thingy... something I said earlier on (I think after episode 1) was... Dayum, the height at which the walkers were fed means the kid must have been standing on stilts wink

But who knows?... it could be her and I did like your 'Carol covered it up point.'

One day we will know the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Till then, I'm happy to read conspiracy theories wink
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by montelik(m): 1:38pm On Dec 02, 2013
they tried to test all these, if Darryl dies we riot fans, with that walker right on his neck. it would have been fun for him to die, if for no other reason than to see if they would make good on all their threats.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by 50calibre(m): 2:30pm On Dec 02, 2013
Wow really sad episode, I had the premonition it was Hershel that was going down, he's had a few strong episodes, & I couldn't see any role for him in the future plot.

The kids in this episode were impressive, that little girl stepped up big time! Carl was on point as usual, he was right, a sniper should have taken down the governor earlier.

A few errors in my opinion

- I could have loved to see the governor have a slow & painful death, being impaled with a sword or shot in the head, wasn't enough.

- Rick losing getting dominated & almost killed in a physical combat, was so illogical. They were both shot ( the gov in the hand ) & he had one eye for God's sake, what was that?

I still don't understand why those people stuck with the governor, a man they barely knew.

Rick has paid for his mistake, if carol was around, that baby probably could have been safe.

I can't wait for the next half of the series to resume, now they are scattered in different directions, & back on the run which I've longed to see.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by montelik(m): 2:30pm On Dec 02, 2013
Carol indirectly saved Tyrese's life. I guess that will make amends between them.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by 50calibre(m): 2:41pm On Dec 02, 2013
PhysicsQED: Great episode in pretty much every way. They ended the mid-season very well. Looking forward to the return of the show in February.

- The person who killed those two sick people (Karen and that other guy) earlier in the season might have been that little girl who said "Carol said we need to be strong" and convinced the other kids to get guns and join the fight (and eventually save Tyrese's life). That's the same girl that also saved Glenn's life in a previous episode. What Tyrese said about the person feeding the walkers rats and mutilating that animal in the prison being the same as the person that killed Karen is completely plausible and I suspect that that weird little girl did all of these things. Also, she has smaller hands just like Carol, so the smaller sized bloody hand prints that Rick saw on the walls near where those two were killed and dragged out and burnt could have been that little girl's instead. I think Carol was just covering for her because she (Carol) probably blames herself for messing up the little girl's mind by teaching the kids all those survival strategies and killing techniques before they were mature enough to exercise sound judgement about how to use them

Valid point, problem is I don't see how plausible it is for that little girl to drag two full grown adults out all by herself.

A more reasonable explanation will be she had help from carol, carol probably saw her after the deed was done & helped her dispose of the body.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by 50calibre(m): 3:01pm On Dec 02, 2013
VillageBoi:
Guy chillax. Being grazed in the arm and shot in the leg ARE two very different things. Without balance you can never win a fight - legs = balance and Rick didn't have that.
Sometimes I find it surprising that we don't think these writers & producers have actually 'THOUGHT' things through; trust me - at their level they don't do the 'Nollywood' kpa-kpa-kpa thing! Anyway, at this rate of critical dissection Nigeria is supposed to be producing the BEST shows in the world bar none! Go figure or go start 'writing'.
Simple truth is sometimes we will like episodes and sometimes we won't - it's all subjective. We might not be happy with the final, final, final ending of this show when it happens but the producers & writers make the choices.

Actually not!! The writers are much more concerned with the continuation of the plot, than making logical decisions. The governor beating rick was more of a " fit into the plot " kind of thing, rather that a logic outcome. That fight had to go that way, so he could be killed by Michone, & had to make rick incapacitated a little while, for what's to come.

This isn't about the writers thinking it through, it's about money. The longer a show goes, the harder it becomes to keep it going, that's why you begin to see shows in their 4th, 5th ..... Season have cracks & look a bit unrealistic, we got that with Lost, prison break, even 24.

It's a known fact that in a physical hand-to-hand combat, you need clear sense of sight in both eyes, no way can a good strong guy defeat another good strong guy with one eye, go ask boxers.

So stop comparing Nollywood to Hollywood, Nobody is saying they are better that the writers of the show, they are just pointing out a flaw that had to happen to keep the show going. Criticising a scene is different from criticising a whole plot.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by jerrymania(m): 3:14pm On Dec 02, 2013
Criticise all you want, the finale was on point. I had to hold myself, so my eyes wont get moist.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Mcbussy(m): 3:19pm On Dec 02, 2013
50calibre:

Actually not!! The writers are much more concerned with the continuation of the plot, that making logical decisions. The governor beating rick was more of a " fit into the plot " kind of thing, rather that a logic outcome. That fight had to go that way, to set him up for being killed by michone, & had to make rick incapacitated a little while, for what's to come.

This isn't about the writers thinking it through, it's about money. The longer a show goes, the harder it becomes to keep it going, that's why you begin to see shows in their 4th, 5th ..... Season have cracks & look a bit unrealistic, we got that with Lost, prison break, even 24.

It's a known fact that in a physical hand-to-hand combat, you need clear sense of sight in both eyes, no way can a good strong guy defeat another good strong guy with one eye, go ask boxers.

So stop comparing Nollywood to Hollywood, Nobody is saying they are better that the writers of the show, they are just pointing out a flaw that had to happen to keep the show going. Criticising a scene is different from criticising a whole plot.

guy u are right about d plot thing and d writers trying to make d show logical.....but i must disagree with u about d eye thing.i grew up in a military environment and i know alot of shortsighted pple dat use glasses in d military dat would beat d living daylight out of u. i am of d opinion dat i would beat a one legged man even if i had only 1 eye thats short sighted....lol

from d moment Rick was hit in d leg till d end of d episode,he couldnt even stand on his own.d bullet dat hit d Guv was obviously a scratch cos he didnt even seem like sum1 injured even after d incident.

balance is very important in combat....even d military recruits pple with poor vision for some professional roles,but if u have anything as much as a flat foot or rickets u can never pass selection. thats a reflection of how important the limbs are in combat.

i know d senses are important too....but d ability to move is d most important in combat.besides,d Guv wasnt blind or deaf.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by jerrymania(m): 3:21pm On Dec 02, 2013
VillageBoi:
Straight up. They better not mess the show up as they messed up Person Of Interest... how POI woke up one day and thought they were GOT... smh!
POI is getting hot. As root is unleashed, expect more. And guy you are watching a t.v series not a movie.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by montelik(m): 3:56pm On Dec 02, 2013
I no gree. find your younger or older brother, patch up your right or left eye and try to spar with him at close range. it will shock you the ease with which his corresponding hand to your blindside will be battering you, you will wonder if the guy has more than 2 hands.

rick was shot, guv was shot. equation balance. all this the Guv was only grazed are excuses.Rick got tuned up by an one eyed man, whom he got the jump on. shameful. lol

Shane, Darryl, hell even healthy Glenn would've done better.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Mcbussy(m): 6:03pm On Dec 02, 2013
montelik: I no gree. find your younger or older brother, patch up your right or left eye and try to spar with him at close range. it will shock you the ease with which his corresponding hand to your blindside will be battering you, you will wonder if the guy has more than 2 hands.

rick was shot, guv was shot. equation balance. all this the Guv was only grazed are excuses.Rick got tuned up by an one eyed man, whom he got the jump on. shameful. lol

Shane, Darryl, hell even healthy Glenn would've done better.

guy,except if u just dont wanna be realistic.....even in professional boxing we see fighters with 1 puffy,closed eye knock out opponents with 2 good eyes.imagine what would happen to a fighter dat cant move his feet in a boxing match.stamina and agility (ability to move fast) is far more important in combat.

even if u close 1 of ur eye,d 2nd eye covers a very reasonable angle and except if ur enemy is capable of teleporting to ur back,ur 1 eye can surely lock on well.

with a single eye,u can lock on and focus on a car moving at 60km/hour,talkless of a man dat has been shot in d leg.....u no do physics??
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by montelik(m): 6:35pm On Dec 02, 2013
So Rick can beat up a raging bull like Tyrese, to the point of almost death and leave him looking like Tyson had dealt with him, yet couldn't beat a skinny white guy. Whom he took by surprise, was on top of him and also had a bullet in his arm. Whatever.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by montelik(m): 6:56pm On Dec 02, 2013
For a moment I almost thought the writers were ready to try something radical. But alas they wimped out to all the riot threats. cool

Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 02, 2013
Mcbussy: I believe dats why they called it the mid-season finale.

But february far true true Oº° sad

February is nothing. We Game of Thrones fans have been waiting since June. They resume March 2014.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 02, 2013
montelik: So Rick can beat up a raging bull like Tyrese, to the point of almost death and leave him looking like Tyson had dealt with him, yet couldn't beat a skinny white guy. Whom he took by surprise, was on top of him and also had a bullet in his arm. Whatever.

Tyrese can't fight to save his life. He's never been a fighter. Carol fit beat him sef. The Governor can fight and is a great shot. He's also 6'4.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by montelik(m): 7:07pm On Dec 02, 2013
Amazing how little kids can nail headshots so easily.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Mcbussy(m): 7:11pm On Dec 02, 2013
ogugua88:

Tyrese can't fight to save his life. He's never been a fighter. Carol fit beat him sef. The Governor can fight and is a great shot. He's also 6'4.

despite d fact dat Tyrese isnt really a fighter,Rick took him by suprise while Daryl was holding him.....u can watch dat episode again and tell me i'm wrong.plus Rick's wasnt shot then.

seems some of us didnt really notice the Guv is a very tall guy.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 02, 2013
Despite all the rushing emotions, my biggest relief was Lilly. In the first few episodes, I've been viewing her as the new Andrea, but she isn't. She's better than Andrea. What took Andrea 2743584246 episodes to see, it took Lilly 3. She didn't budge when the guv tried to charm her by saying "I love you". If na Andrea, sotey she go comot pant for that field. Lilly was very apprehensive, which I liked... just that she had to wait for a walker to chop her pikin before she acted. And yes, Meghan was too far away. They got comfortable.

As for Tara, the loud mumu lol. Even if there was no apocalypse, I think she would've been kicked out of police academy. The way she kept shaking at the sound of fired bullets.

I'm surprised Rick didn't give the governor a verbal one blow. "He killed his own people. The survivors came here and we've been looking after them since". The only reason the guv had a following was because they had no idea who he was. I'd like to think that if a new guy comes, two leaders are dead, and he gets an ex-army dude under his wing, I'd know that he's up to no good.

1 Like

Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 02, 2013
Mcbussy: despite d fact dat Tyrese isnt really a fighter,Rick took him by suprise while Daryl was holding him.....u can watch dat episode again and tell me i'm wrong.plus Rick's wasnt shot then.

seems some of us didnt really notice the Guv is a very tall guy.

That's also very true.

It seems so too lol.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by montelik(m): 7:17pm On Dec 02, 2013
I think its now pretty clear Carol didn't kill Karen and David. Liz did it, possibly trying to emulate what Carol did when her father was sick. Carol probably saw Liz's actions and felt guilty for all the child soldier/guerilla training she had been giving them and helped dispose of the bodies and took the blame. Tyrese couldn't get mad at little child, much less one who has now saved his life. Carol should have told the truth when Rick banished her.

Wonder if Hershel would have lectured Darryl for arrowing the tank operator as he was surrendering, like he did with Carl.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 02, 2013
montelik: Amazing how little kids can nail headshots so easily.

The targets weren't far sha. My own be say they dey shoot like thugs. Too much confidence, boning like Ja Rule. Guns are heavy, and recoil? Ha.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. / Official Thread of Gulder Ultimate Search 6 / Chidi Mokeme Returns As Host Of Gulder Ultimate Search 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.