Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,119 members, 7,957,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:36 AM

Crashed Plane Carrying Agagu's Remains (Video) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Crashed Plane Carrying Agagu's Remains (Video) (47749 Views)

ISIS Planted Bomb In Russian Crashed Plane - US Intelligence Suggests / Another Airasia Plane Carrying 153 People Overshoots Runway In The Philippines / Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crashed Plane Carrying Agagu's Remains (Video) by nyiamjoseph(m): 6:13pm On Oct 03, 2013
May his soul and the souls of others rest in perfect peace..... May God grant their families the fortitude to bear the lost... Let's not be the first to cast stone at the market place because only God knows what and how it's going!!! It be anybody, because it didn't happen to u don't mean ur the actor of the day...;(;(
Re: Crashed Plane Carrying Agagu's Remains (Video) by nyiamjoseph(m): 6:18pm On Oct 03, 2013
nyiamjoseph: May his soul and the souls of others rest in perfect peace..... May God grant their families the fortitude to bear the loss... Let's not be the first to cast stone in the market place because only God knows what and how it's going!!! It can be anybody, because if it didn't happen to u does not mean ur the actor of the day...;(;(
Re: Crashed Plane Carrying Agagu's Remains (Video) by Victosin09(f): 6:56pm On Oct 03, 2013
For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
Re: Crashed Plane Carrying Agagu's Remains (Video) by MayorofLagos(m): 7:08pm On Oct 03, 2013
toluxa1: If the black box flight recorder is never damaged during a plane crash, why isn't the whole airplane made out of the stuff?

You cant do that dude.

You will kill the industry -
Airlines will not need to replace fleet
Insurance will loose subscribers

If any lawmaker is stupid enough to push legislation for that his dead body will float in the river next morning, courtesy of airline industry lobbyists.
Re: Crashed Plane Carrying Agagu's Remains (Video) by obxddon(m): 7:30pm On Oct 03, 2013
Ralphlauren: I still do not understand why the trip was not made by road.

it is just 3 hours from lagos to akure with a good car travelling at above average speed.
As much as I don't support or wish death for any one...all our past leaders must pay for their sin...They could not go by road because when they in power they don't repair the road and they give the contract to their firend who will never do the road and then never check.....Abeg I dey tick my list dey Go.......... Obj,IBB,Buhari,Ebenezar babatope,.....in short all PDP ex governors,legislators and house of assemble members,ACN thieves and all other political thieves
Re: Crashed Plane Carrying Agagu's Remains (Video) by eaglechild: 7:44pm On Oct 03, 2013
oyedun82: BBC,CNN all showing scenes of the
crash... NTA showing ram fight, STV
showing music africa, TVC showing
mariana n scarlet...useless media
CNN and BBC world are news channels, that focus almost exclusively on news and topical issues.
STV, NTA (not heard of TVC) are regular TV stations with a variety of scheduled programmes ranging from news to music, sports etc.
While they may provide detailed coverage of the event during their news session, they still have to keep to their schedule.
Channels is the one of the stations I think leans towards a news station.
You do not expect Super Sport 3 to start showing you a plane crash scene even if it's in South Africa.
Critical thinking and knowledge is what we need to forge along not sentiments.
Re: Crashed Plane Carrying Agagu's Remains (Video) by hybeekay9: 9:09pm On Oct 03, 2013
Ralphlauren: I still do not understand why the trip was not made by road.

it is just 3 hours from lagos to akure with a good car travelling at above average speed.
May be ondo state goverment ordered 4 it
Re: Crashed Plane Carrying Agagu's Remains (Video) by Asiwaju9ja(m): 10:35pm On Oct 03, 2013
See? Make Dem repair road them say no. Minister of wetin d late Agagu be b4 sef?
Re: Crashed Plane Carrying Agagu's Remains (Video) by portage(m): 2:21am On Oct 04, 2013
This is absolutely a hard moment for we Ondo State people. A lot of us were already at the Democracy Park in Akure awaiting the arrival of the corpse before the news of this disaster came in.

Sorry, but why is it a hard moment angry angry
Sorry to the dead..........But, why is it a hard moment angry
Can you point out at least two major things this same man did that affected you or you immediate family member positively?
We need to be carefull here!!! I am not from Ondo.........but again, i just want to know few things this man did positively!!
If there is ever anything he did, good for him, for Nigeria and for the entire Ondo populace! But the question is WHAT EXACTLY are we praising?
Well, i hope he did certain things that affected you and perhaps your community positively, but kindly say those things........it is after then that people can join you to celebrate his( Agagu's) life! We do not have to mourn him collectively if he did not touch lives!
Re: Crashed Plane Carrying Agagu's Remains (Video) by lastpage: 7:49am On Oct 04, 2013
Davo93: Agagu is neither my family member nor those involved but i am from Ondo state. I have been bursting into tears all day as i read news as regards this crash.

For those saying this is nemesis, i still can't understand the type of heartless creature you are. Is that how wicked your own God can be?? And are you holier than those people? If not, i don't want to pray you experience thesame.

This is absolutely a hard moment for we Ondo State people. A lot of us were already at the Democracy Park in Akure awaiting the arrival of the corpse before the news of this disaster came in.

I pray that God heal the survivors of this crash quickly, grant the family of the dead the fortitude to bear the loss and that my good God should help us lower the hands of evil in my dear country. crycry

This has nadda to do with God!
While l sympathize with the dead and their loved ones left behind ... and l can under stand your own position as well, have you ...and could you ponder on these questions:

1.) Why do we have these incessant crashes of airplanes in Nigeria? As Aviation Minister, what did the deceased "do or not do" to tackle the problem? Mind you, Nigeria is not the only country where aeroplanes fly! Did he improve aviation facilities or embezzle the funds meant for it?

2.) Since the Agagu himself was dead before this accident, why do they have to "fly deadi-bodi" from Lagos to Akure, chattering two planes?

3.) At what cost is that charter exercise, for a journey of less than 3hrs? Is this another show of opulence or what?

4.) Why did they not at least, use an Ambulance to transport the dead bodi to his home town? Is it that they dont trust our roads at all and if that is the case, what is in it for the poor folks who cannot afford to charter an aeroplane?

5.) I want you to refer to another thread on this Nairaland, which was opened the day Agagu himself passed-on and read what people wrote about his "activities" while alive and even as a Government officer/politician.

My point is that this type of incident should always be a "learning experience" for those entrusted with authority, who are still alive!

It is very sad when those in power, trusted with authority and our collective wealth, refuse to do what they are supposed to do (like repair our roads but instead opted to be buying "24-inches tyres" Off-road vehicles...and later graduated to buying private jets when even 4x4 vehicles could not overcome the big craters on the roads!).

I do not blame the poor folks who seem to rejoice when any of their "oppressors" pass-on in such shambolic manner, the masses are just taking their own pound of flesh. Its just human nature
I bet if the roads where "good and safe", they would have travelled by road (or at least some of the passengers) and we may not be counting so much dead bodies.

May God in his infinite mercy, console the living and give respite to the soul of the dead.

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Crashed Plane Carrying Agagu's Remains (Video) by lastpage: 7:56am On Oct 04, 2013
eaglechild:
CNN and BBC world are news channels, that focus almost exclusively on news and topical issues.
STV, NTA (not heard of TVC) are regular TV stations with a variety of scheduled programmes ranging from news to music, sports etc.
While they may provide detailed coverage of the event during their news session, they still have to keep to their schedule.
Channels is the one of the stations I think leans towards a news station.
You do not expect Super Sport 3 to start showing you a plane crash scene even if it's in South Africa.
Critical thinking and knowledge is what we need to forge along not sentiments.

My friend, you are off-mark!
There is something they call "Breaking News".
When such important events occur (like when 9/11 occurred), especially for TV stations within the domiciled country, they have a duty to "inform' their viewers, even if just by "flashing it for 30-seconds".

What you wrote up there are not genuine excuses at all.
Thing is these stations cant afford (or dont want to pay) "correspondents and Reporters" (people on ground) who should have gone to the site and using correct equipment, beam it live to their TV station.

It is just our mediocre way of doing things.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Crashed Plane Carrying Agagu's Remains (Video) by lanreni: 9:28am On Oct 04, 2013
toluxa1: If the black box flight recorder is never damaged during a plane crash, why isn't the whole airplane made out of the stuff?

Why na? You don't want 'witches' to drink 'blood' again? angry angry
Re: Crashed Plane Carrying Agagu's Remains (Video) by Rexyl(m): 10:08am On Oct 04, 2013
lanreni:

Why na? You don't want 'witches' to drink 'blood' again? angry angry

At times when incident happens it goes beyond ordinary. That is why the Bible warns “redeem the time all days are evil“-(Ephesians 5:16) especially against “forces of evil operating in high places, and the space“ Ephesians 6:12

1 Like

Re: Crashed Plane Carrying Agagu's Remains (Video) by Isodice: 6:41pm On Oct 04, 2013
Policewoman: Ask ASUU.
u too get sense!!!
Re: Crashed Plane Carrying Agagu's Remains (Video) by eaglechild: 6:52am On Oct 05, 2013
lastpage:

My friend, you are off-mark!
There is something they call "Breaking News".
When such important events occur (like when 9/11 occurred), especially for TV stations within the domiciled country, they have a duty to "inform' their viewers, even if just by "flashing it for 30-seconds".

What you wrote up there are not genuine excuses at all.
Thing is these stations cant afford (or dont want to pay) "correspondents and Reporters" (people on ground) who should have gone to the site and using correct equipment, beam it live to their TV station.

It is just our mediocre way of doing things.

Lastpage!
They all did that.(flash it from time to time).
Not everything Nigerian is bad.
What is needed is for NTA to diversify or split into different stations, like NTA sport, NTA news, NTA entertainment etc, like BBC.
That way they'll have better coverage.
But it needs a lot more funding.
So far it is still one station, they have to keep to their schedule, many of which are sponsored.

No need being biased.
Re: Crashed Plane Carrying Agagu's Remains (Video) by Collins2028(m): 6:58am On Oct 05, 2013
We do see road accidents everyday killed hundreds of souls, why air accident so pronounced as if
people dat died in road accident are not human. Enough for d insult! It time we'll began to attaches
importance to every soul dat make meaning in this country. Mr rich or Mr poor, we all Nigerians. Agagu or
any other Nigerian should make meaning to everybody.
High occurrence of air accident will discourage our high profile politicians to spend more money to fly
any of they're movement. It'll encourage government to add more value in roads construction and provide
good roads and provide other social amenity.
Re: Crashed Plane Carrying Agagu's Remains (Video) by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 05, 2013
I know even know say the so called Agagu do die before , say na him dead body dey wan go carry bury na him this thing happen........let me just put it in a short that ...........An Evil Man is an Evil man Evil in death , don't even near his corps

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FRSC Hands Over N2 Million Recovered At Accident Scene In Ogun (Photos) / I Was Deported From Abroad. Urgent Advice Needed / Ogun: People Scoop Palm Oil Accidentally Discharged From Oil Tanker (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.