Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,883 members, 7,851,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:06 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (521704 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 19, 2014
FrancisTony:

Like I said, I never made a tribalist comment.

I am Igbo and I said what I noticed.

Dude, what hast thou donnest?

An aside:

I don't know what you said and quite frankly I am not too concerned about that but one thing I think is a 'good to have' in life is charity. In this case, charity would apply to what we post online.

I am not the best person to give you a lecture on this because I am not that charitable. However, it is great to be mindful of things we post; not because they are wrong in themselves but because they might affect someone else negatively.

I am not asking you not to say your mind. I will never ask you to bottle-up things inside. NO!!! What I am asking that you do is say exactly what's in your mind such that it won't affect the next Tom negatively.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 11:50am On Sep 19, 2014
FrancisTony:

hmm. Okay nau

It will be nice if you do what Rich advised bro.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 19, 2014
FrancisTony:

hmm. Okay nau

Okay, I finally read what you posted from the posts of peeps who quoted your OP and the modified version. Your OP seemed to have been posted sincerely but the modified version was not.

My guess is that you edited the post because you were angry at the negative reactions that greeted your OP. It took you over five hours to move from your OP to the modified version; which shows you did it deliberately.

I think you should have left it at your OP. If I were in your shoes I would have been pissed at those negative comments too and probably replied them in kind but you kept your cool. That was matured and I commend you for it.

It's rare to see folks your age take direct insults without responding in kind.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 1:04pm On Sep 19, 2014
I don't know exactly what francistony said, i tried to read the throw back thread, i didn't read past the first page, i may go back later.

That may not stop me from droping me opinion though.

I grew up in a part of the south previously known as middle belt (for good reason), we had a good crowd of ibos, they were farmers, traders, they did all sorts of business, there were also hausas and a good crop of muslims, they were nomads, kunu sellers, educators, clerics among other things, we had the yoruba, the ibiras, some itsekiri, ijaws... We had a good collection, they joked about the hausas living in the bush, their accents and language, the ibos love for money, his eating style and accent, the yoruba tribal mark(esp d oyo one) their accent, style of life...the ibaras were farmer, the itsekiri and ijaws were water people.

But it was hard to hear people talk with real prejudice...few people talk about the brutal tendencies of islamic extremist, fewer people were recounting war stories. For the most part tribalism and ethnicity were the stuff i read of papers, they were not every day real life experience.

All that changed when i went to the east. The war is like a present memory there, ibo are still clamouring for biafra...

The ibos around me HATE the hausas, they will treat then with suspicion. Parents are still recounting war tales with bitterness.

I know many who have similar feelings for yorubas, many will tell you openly that they won't mary a man from the west or north simply becos of their tribe.

The lists goes on and on. 7 or 8 out of 10 time an ibo man will support and ibo man over a nonibo, even when the ibos are clearly wrong.

I remember one that happen recently when an igala man was injured by a group of ibomen who were supporting another ibo man who refused to pay his bike fares (the bike fare was N50, the igala man ask for what was his due as every drop is N50 and above).

Tribalism is certainly a reality here, people simply wont answer you becos you don't speak their language, then there is the "us" vs "them" mentality.

I'll stop there.

The war is over physically, but i see it every day. There is no real forgiveness, the non tribaal person is still looked as "the other" instead of "my fellow".

I repeat, i don't know what francis said, i don't know how he put it, but there still remains a civil war in the subconsciousness of many Nigerians.
We didn't really forgive...
We still have evidence of ancient grudges all around us...

The next person reading this may not agree, it may be an unpopular post, But i'll make my point anyway.

Unless grudges give way to forgiveness, unless war tales become lesson for the future and not stories of ligering hate, unless tribal and ethnic fears and prejudice gave wat to a willingnes to see the other as a brother...
Then the precieved tribal superiority going on in this country will remain and we are all on our way to another civil war.

Gud afternoon

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 19, 2014
Ubenedictus:
The war is over physically, but i see it every day. There is no real forgiveness, the non tribaal person is still looked as "the other" instead of "my fellow".

I repeat, i don't know what francis said, i don't know how he put it, but there still remains a civil war in the subconsciousness of many Nigerians.
We didn't really forgive...
We still have evidence of ancient grudges all around us...

The next person reading this may not agree, it may be an unpopular post, But i'll make my point anyway.

Unless grudges give way to forgiveness, unless war tales become lesson for the future and not stories of ligering hate, unless tribal and ethnic fears and prejudice gave wat to a willingnes to see the other as a brother...
Then the precieved tribal superiority going on in this country will remain and we are all on our way to another civil war.

Gud afternoon

Simply put and I agree completely.

The truth simply is that Francis, considering those who were involved in the exchange on that thread, was the only non-tribal person there, though the modification to his OP was not needed.

I read both comments and from my viewpoint, the initial comment Francis made is not enough for another to cry fowl. I come from a village where it is almost customary for people to be 'loud'.

I don't like that about my people and I say it to their faces, though as a subtle joke. I believe that was the mindset of Francis when he made the first comment.

The second comment I agree is a bit of a stretch. Francis, like I mentioned before, should have left out the Biafra child thingy; more-so because it was said to spite others and it wasn't a nice thing to say.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by modestdude(m): 2:40pm On Sep 19, 2014
FrancisTony:

you did my friend. What does tribalism mean to you? deleting your comment on that thread shows that you did. You were the most quoted on that thread with about 20 Nlanders or more hitting back at you. Maybe, they dont know tribalist comment when they see one. I can still quote you on that thread, you said and I quote
"All these Igbotic schools and northern schools. We didnt use or know it here in the west. How person go dey use this Aba made product? This is what Ojukwu used to feed 'dieing' biafran children, bikonu. (Coupled with all your grinned smiley faces)"

What does that mean to you? You said what you observed right? So you observed the war to know that Ojukwu used the water bottle to feed dieing biafran children? Also, mentioning Igbotic rather than saying Eastern like you said Northern is the height of selective tribalism. Furthermore your reference to 'Aba made product' whereas the water bottle is produced in the west, Lagos precisely by eleganza company, speaks of hate at its peak. So swallow your pride, admit your wrongs and embrace love

Highpoint: dieing biafrans
was your selling point as a tribalist

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 3:02pm On Sep 19, 2014
striktlymi

I beg to disagree. His first statement can be said to be tribalistic.

please reference modestdude's post above me. I totally agree with his submission on why the post is tribalistic. If being real also means being rude and insensitive then maybe "being real" is not a good thing.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 3:15pm On Sep 19, 2014
FrancisTony:

Thank you for editing your post. That was an act of humility. I know it must have been a great struggle for you to take it down, but then imagine what Our Saviour went through in the Garden of Gethsemane

But I hope you took away 2 lessons
1) What you noticed was very false. You were the first to comment and you put across your observation but at least 7 people came forward to prove you wrong, Some even referenced their schools just to prove you wrong. The lessons here is that KEEP AN OPEN MIND!!!! If you had, you would have phrased your answer differently

2) Everyone that e-quarreled with you did so because you used the word "igbotic", just one word out of many chai!!!. When you enter school and later on start working learn this "One action/word carelessly said can ruin everything" I have experienced it before when just one simple action got me violently flogged, disgraced and then de-boarded from secondary school.

God bless you

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 19, 2014
modestdude: you did my friend. What does tribalism mean to you? deleting your comment on that thread shows that you did. You were the most quoted on that thread with about 20 Nlanders or more hitting back at you. Maybe, they dont know tribalist comment when they see one. I can still quote you on that thread, you said and I quote

What does that mean to you? You said what you observed right? So you observed the war to know that Ojukwu used the water bottle to feed dieing biafran children? Also, mentioning Igbotic rather than saying Eastern like you said Northern is the height of selective tribalism. Furthermore your reference to 'Aba made product' whereas the water bottle is produced in the west, Lagos precisely by eleganza company, speaks of hate at its peak. So swallow your pride, admit your wrongs and embrace love

I was attacked probably because they don't know my tribe.

If you notice, some were referring me as yoruba.smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by modestdude(m): 3:40pm On Sep 19, 2014
FrancisTony:

I was attacked probably because they don't know my tribe.

If you notice, some were referring me as yoruba.smiley
my friend, being Igbo doesn't justify your hateful comment on your tribe especially your disrespect and spite at the war victims or rather as you put it, dieing biafran children. Stop defending yourself please

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 19, 2014
modestdude: you did my friend. What does tribalism mean to you? deleting your comment on that thread shows that you did. You were the most quoted on that thread with about 20 Nlanders or more hitting back at you. Maybe, they dont know tribalist comment when they see one. I can still quote you on that thread, you said and I quote

"Tribalistic" is coined from the word "Tribalism". It is impractical to 'tribalistic' (in the sense we use it) without being 'loyal' to one's own tribe or social group. Link..

I repeat, Francis' first comment is not enough for anyone to cry fowl. The second comment I agree was distasteful but both comments were not 'tribalistic'.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 4:07pm On Sep 19, 2014
its like the term "Nigger"

If a Caucasian says it, it is seen as a derogatory term term. But African Americans say it to each all that all the time, However that doesn't make it any less derogatory or rude. And other Black Americans have the right to call them out when they use it.

Humility is a virtue
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 19, 2014
babestell: its like the term "Nigger"

If a Caucasian says it, it is seen as a derogatory term term. But African Americans say it to each all that all the time, However that doesn't make it any less derogatory or rude. And other Black Americans have the right to call them out when they use it.

Humility is a virtue

Not related!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 5:40pm On Sep 19, 2014
striktlymi:

Not related!

He said the word Igbotic and he is saying that since He is Igbo he is allowed to say it, where normally if a non-Igbo says it he/she would be termed tribalistic. Am Igbo and the context and tone in which that word was used in his sentence is tribalistic to me

"As in only igbotic people (commonly used derogatory term for backward igbo people) use such a water flask. In other words the water flask is a common, razz, local, dirty, fake, Aba made product!!!!!

That is what that sentence says to me
Re: A Thread For Catholics by modestdude(m): 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2014
striktlymi:

"Tribalistic" is coined from the word "Tribalism". It is impractical to 'tribalistic' (in the sense we use it) without being 'loyal' to one's own tribe or social group. Link..

I repeat, Francis' first comment is not enough for anyone to cry fowl. The second comment I agree was distasteful but both comments were not 'tribalistic'.
Mr. Barrister, you don't find a comment that opens up old wounds by way of mockery (dieing biafran children) an inflammatory tribalistic comment? How low can man go to bend the truth? Does it make sense to you that we feel the pains of that war till now? We lost brothers, sisters, fathers and mothers. My father still has a bullet buried in his left thigh till date from that war, and you are here rushing to defend another man's folly.

You think you only kill by taking someone's life, you can also kill someone by your words. I may no longer visit this thread again, since we have people here who rather than admonish a brother, will twist his wrongdoing with logic. This is actually what the first reading of the 23rd sunday from prophet Ezekiel was talking about
(Ezekiel 33:7-9. "...if i say to the wicked, o wicked man, you shall surely die, and you do not speak to warn the wicked to turn from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity, but his blood i will require at your hand. But if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity, but you will have saved your life)

Is anyone more Catholic than the other here? Had God called me to priesthood, i would ve been a month old in the priesthood now. So learn to call a spade a spade, it doesn't cost a thing. It takes the grace of God though

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 5:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
Am on page 5 of the thread.

1st the word "igbotic", i don't know if it is english or francis formed the word...i certainly didn't know it was considered derogatory.

Then the reference to "dieing children", i guess that one will ring a bell. From where i sit i probably find very few things wrong with the OP.

My problem with it is that is isn't factual.

1st i remember the water bottle from my days in school (and i didnt get my lower education in the east), many kids had it, i remember i didn't use it because my mum bought a 2 in 1 feeding pack, with both water bottle and a plate. That was the one i used
2ndly Ojukwu couldnt have fed biafran kids with that bottle becos he was busy commanding an army at the time, kid were starving becos such thing as water bottle didnt reach biafra and the ones that reached went first and foremost to the soldiers fighting in the war.

Apart from its factual errors.....maybe it didn't respect the sensitivity of others.

But i have to say, on another day, at another time, i may have passed his original post without raising an eyebrow
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 19, 2014
babestell:

He said the word Igbotic and he is saying that since He is Igbo he is allowed to say it, where normally if a non-Igbo says it he/she would be termed tribalistic. Am Igbo and the context and tone in which that word was used in his sentence is tribalistic to me

"As in only igbotic people (commonly used derogatory term for backward igbo people) use such a water flask. In other words the water flask is a common, razz, local, dirty, fake, Aba made product!!!!!

That is what that sentence says to me

His comment was offensive to you. That is what is key here. I probably would have been pissed too if I were Igbo. Reason why he should have been a bit more charitable with his words.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 19, 2014
modestdude: Mr. Barrister, you don't find a comment that opens up old wounds by way of mockery (dieing biafran children) an inflammatory tribalistic comment? How low can man go to bend the truth? Does it make sense to you that we feel the pains of that war till now? We lost brothers, sisters, fathers and mothers. My father still has a bullet buried in his left thigh till date from that war, and you are here rushing to defend another man's folly.

You think you only kill by taking someone's life, you can also kill someone by your words. I may no longer visit this thread again, since we have people here who rather than admonish a brother, will twist his wrongdoing with logic. This is actually what the first reading of the 23rd sunday from prophet Ezekiel was talking about
(Ezekiel 33:7-9. "...if i say to the wicked, o wicked man, you shall surely die, and you do not speak to warn the wicked to turn from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity, but his blood i will require at your hand. But if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity, but you will have saved your life)

Is anyone more Catholic than the other here? Had God called me to priesthood, i would ve been a month old in the priesthood now. So learn to call a spade a spade, it doesn't cost a thing. It takes the grace of God though

Inflammatory, yes! 'Tribalistic', No!

I understand your sentiments and really do not blame you for feeling the way you do; but holding onto the past and getting upset by it, each time someone makes one derogatory comment that jump-starts that feeling of loss is something you should try and shake of.

Sorry pappi, but you are not the only one who lost a loved one or two to the war. I am quite sure we all have one sad story or the other to tell. I agree that his modified post was wrong because of the circumstances.

It's high time you allowed the war to stay in the past where it belongs.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 19, 2014
Ubenedictus: Am on page 5 of the thread.

1st the word "igbotic", i don't know if it is english or francis formed the word...i certainly didn't know it was considered derogatory.

Igbotic is more like Igbosian e.g if something has an Igbo feature(igbotic accent etc).
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 7:47pm On Sep 19, 2014
FrancisTony:

Igbotic is more like Igbosian e.g if something has an Igbo feature(igbotic accent etc).

No its not. Igbotic used in your context is derogatory. And offensive to some people especially as you tried to use it to drive home a statement that was false.
The issue is that at first glance your comment offends and cuts deeply, especially as it had no bearing whatsoever on the topic at hand.

But its ok now. God bless you

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 8:05pm On Sep 19, 2014
modestdude: Mr. Barrister, you don't find a comment that opens up old wounds by way of mockery (dieing biafran children) an inflammatory tribalistic comment? How low can man go to bend the truth? Does it make sense to you that we feel the pains of that war till now? We lost brothers, sisters, fathers and mothers. My father still has a bullet buried in his left thigh till date from that war, and you are here rushing to defend another man's folly.

People see things differently, clearly some peeps see no offence with the statement. But thats just the way they perceive it.
However please do not stop coming around over this. Doesn't make sense, we all make mistakes and he has hidden the comment.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 8:34pm On Sep 19, 2014
Modestdude,

I beseech thee, still hang around.

Please.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by alentyno: 8:41pm On Sep 19, 2014
Oh men it seems francistoni has really really e-stired up some nerves/emotions here on NL.
I missed the show bigtime! And to think the guy is even igbo and still went ahead to make such statement? I can't just comprehend what was going through his mind; darn it!
Anyways 2 cans of chilled 'pure heaven' to babestell; you've really being to francistoni what mary was to Jesus grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by alentyno: 8:46pm On Sep 19, 2014
jnrbayano: Modestdude,

I beseech thee, still hang around.

Please.
Let's say 5 decades of the rosary for him and peppyluv and all other souls that have been discouraged by francistoni's bleep up grin
Oya italo lead us grin

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by modestdude(m): 8:55pm On Sep 19, 2014
babestell:

People see things differently, clearly some peeps see no offence with the statement. But thats just the way they perceive it.
However please do not stop coming around over this. Doesn't make sense, we all make mistakes and he has hidden the comment.
Thanks dear. I understand some people have dead conscience and take pride in sin. God have mercy on them and on us all. I'm still here
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 9:08pm On Sep 19, 2014
modestdude: Thanks dear. I understand some people have dead conscience and take pride in sin. God have mercy on them and on us all. I'm still here

their consciences aren't dead. Its just that they don't see it the way you and I do. Please let us keep an open mind to understand the other person's point of view.

Lets change this topic. Why did a fine man like you not finish priesthood training? grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 19, 2014
Peace be unto you all...
Quite a hectic day and had no time to visit this forum until now. I read all your comments and just like someone said,there is nothing wrong with self expression but doing it in a way it wouldn't hurt others is the best..I'm guilty but now I know better because there is power in the tongue and it can't be used to bless and curse at the same time. I am, we are only human but we can strive to do better....

@ ubenedictus, i noticed you to be a tribalist and you don't like the Igbos but who am I to judge you afterall I showed same towards the yorubas but I have withdrawn from that. The only difference is that I didn't pretend about it like you did. Sorry,no offence. Just saying it as it is.
And I guess you know that wole soyinka who is also a yoruba man agreed the North waged an unjust way against the Igbos..
Trust me 40yrs isn't too long ago. You and I know no tribe would have survived nor gotten back on their feet so soon as the Igbos did..no bragging just saying the truth.

@ striklymi, thanks for the admiration. I must confess,my attitude on nl is a part of me except the tribal wars. I have so many non Igbo friends and once had a yoruba best friend and still my friend till date just that we far apart. So,I don't hate them and the fact I do it on nl thou out of defence bothers me and I have stopped it. A good catholic shouldn't hate.
The catholic church is the only church where tribalism isn't present even thou there is power tussle most times but never between tribes. No need for details but if you get close to other denominations,you will know what I'm talking about.

@ babestell,jnrbayano,step2002,italo thanks for the advise and don't stop inspiring me

@modestdude,brother I never knew you were Igbo,thought you were yoruba. But now I guess tribe doesn't matter,we should strive towards being one. Yea,it won't be easy. 40yrs ago is just like yesterday. I have read and did my research on the war, it was an unjust one but like I said,we can forgive even thou they still taunt, mock and marginalise us but turn around to put the blame on us....they have even brainwashed people to believing Ojukwu started the war but we know better and Gowon does too. His concience hunts him and he knew clearly that the vote of thanks he got from the MC @ late prof Akunyili's burial was pure sacarsm "Gowon,I remember you gave us,the surviving children of Biafra stones to sit on after the war,it shows you really meant reconciliation and we thank you"....he was so restless where he was siting and one could notice the grin on the faces of the Igbo elders there. Sure,Gowon's concience must be hunting him.
The day he comes out boldly to apologise for that unjust war,trust me there will be peace and many wounds will be healed.. I wish he will do that.

@ Francistony, age shouldn't be a form of defence for your ignorance. I might be older than you but I wasn't up to 10yrs of age before I picked interest on the Biafran story neither was I through with primary school before I made up my mind to be a teacher/Lecturer and don't get it twisted I am in my mid twenties! I have a 20yrs old brother,a 4th year medical student who knows much about the war and can speak intelligently about it so you see,you have no excuse for your ignorance.
Even thou you are unrepentant,I still wouldn't withdraw my apologies for insulting your parents but trust me,in life situation,I would have ripped you apart with my bare hands but for the sake of this beautiful family,I leave you to your ignorance.

I apologise for derailing this beautiful thread, just felt we should be real and be truly who we claim to be.
Love you guys irrespective of tribe,race or colour and pls don't stop the good work.

Re: A Thread For Catholics by modestdude(m): 10:29pm On Sep 19, 2014
babestell:

their consciences aren't dead. Its just that they don't see it the way you and I do. Please let us keep an open mind to understand the other person's point of view.

Lets change this topic. Why did a fine man like you not finish priesthood training? grin

i got your drift dear. Let me believe that. However if i ignorantly say something offensive to someone, for the fact that the person finds it offensive, my heart goes out to him immediately unless i purposely want to be mischievous.

On the priesthood issue, i didn't get the sign i fervently prayed for while in the seminary. I got contrary signs and dreams. So i bade the seminary walls farewell. My heart was convinced beyond doubt smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 19, 2014
Hi babestell.

Too many matured minds on this thread. Lol. I feel like a kid. grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by modestdude(m): 10:57pm On Sep 19, 2014
peppyluv02: Peace be unto you all...
Quite a hectic day and had no time to visit this forum until now. I read all your comments and just like someone said,there is nothing wrong with self expression but doing it in a way it wouldn't hurt others is the best..I'm guilty but now I know better because there is power in the tongue and it can't be used to bless and curse at the same time. I am, we are only human but we can strive to do better....

@ ubenedictus, i noticed you to be a tribalist and you don't like the Igbos but who am I to judge you afterall I showed same towards the yorubas but I have withdrawn from that. The only difference is that I didn't pretend about it like you did. Sorry,no offence. Just saying it as it is.
And I guess you know that wole soyinka who is also a yoruba man agreed the North waged an unjust way against the Igbos..
Trust me 40yrs isn't too long ago. You and I know no tribe would have survived nor gotten back on their feet so soon as the Igbos did..no bragging just saying the truth.

@ striklymi, thanks for the admiration. I must confess,my attitude on nl is a part of me except the tribal wars. I have so many non Igbo friends and once had a yoruba best friend and still my friend till date just that we far apart. So,I don't hate them and the fact I do it on nl thou out of defence bothers me and I have stopped it. A good catholic shouldn't hate.
The catholic church is the only church where tribalism isn't present even thou there is power tussle most times but never between tribes. No need for details but if you get close to other denominations,you will know what I'm talking about.

@ babestell,jnrbayano,step2002,italo thanks for the advise and don't stop inspiring me

@modestdude,brother I never knew you were Igbo,thought you were yoruba. But now I guess tribe doesn't matter,we should strive towards being one. Yea,it won't be easy. 40yrs ago is just like yesterday. I have read and did my research on the war, it was an unjust one but like I said,we can forgive even thou they still taunt, mock and marginalise us but turn around to put the blame on us....they have even brainwashed people to believing Ojukwu started the war but we know better and Gowon does too. His concience hunts him and he knew clearly that the vote of thanks he got from the MC @ late prof Akunyili's burial was pure sacarsm "Gowon,I remember you gave us,the surviving children of Biafra stones to sit on after the war,it shows you really meant reconciliation and we thank you"....he was so restless where he was siting and one could notice the grin on the faces of the Igbo elders there. Sure,Gowon's concience must be hunting him.
The day he comes out boldly to apologise for that unjust war,trust me there will be peace and many wounds will be healed.. I wish he will do that.

@ Francistony, age shouldn't be a form of defence for your ignorance. I might be older than you but I wasn't up to 10yrs of age before I picked interest on the Biafran story neither was I through with primary school before I made up my mind to be a teacher/Lecturer and don't get it twisted I am in my mid twenties! I have a 20yrs old brother,a 4th year medical student who knows much about the war and can speak intelligently about it so you see,you have no excuse for your ignorance.
Even thou you are unrepentant,I still wouldn't withdraw my apologies for insulting your parents but trust me,in life situation,I would have ripped you apart with my bare hands but for the sake of this beautiful family,I leave to your ignorance.

I apologise for derailing this beautiful thread just felt we should be real and be truly who we claim to be.
Love you guys irrespective of tribe,race or colour and pls don't stop the good work.
serious dear? You are like the 10th person now telling me this. I am a well bred Nwaigbo. Hope you are fine after the hectic days work? On the main issue now dear, Let's blame the night's ant bites on the mosquito and let it go. Meanwhile, Your bluntness is cute....keep it up smiley

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 19, 2014
peppyluv02: Peace be unto you all...

Even thou you are unrepentant,I still wouldn't withdraw my apologies for insulting your parents but trust me,in life situation,I would have ripped you apart with my bare hands but for the sake of this beautiful family,I leave to your ignorance.

I apologise for derailing this beautiful thread just felt we should be real and be truly who we claim to be.
Ah shocked
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 11:12pm On Sep 19, 2014
musKeeto: Hi babestell.

Too many matured minds on this thread. Lol. I feel like a kid. grin

how far? What do atheist do on friday evening?

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.