Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,407 members, 7,861,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:39 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (522091 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:04pm On Oct 25, 2014
FrancisTony did anyone ban you here? smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 8:05pm On Oct 25, 2014
@mariagorreti before you call, may The Lord answer you. And may he grant your heart desires according to his will through Christ our Lord. Amen
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:06pm On Oct 25, 2014
Kamsified:

This gossip go sweet die walahi
*spreads mat near salc* cheesy
I've got pop corn too, join me cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:09pm On Oct 25, 2014
Woky nwokeoma saying hi will not drain you battery smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 8:09pm On Oct 25, 2014
SalC:
I've got pop corn too, join me cheesy
Great. I have some canned Pepsi to go with d popcorn cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 8:10pm On Oct 25, 2014
I see pa woky

Nwokeoma where is my prince Rich4god? His number is saying 'switched off' embarassed
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 25, 2014
SalC:
FrancisTony did anyone ban you here? smiley

No sadsmiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:12pm On Oct 25, 2014
Kamsified:

Great. I have some canned Pepsi to go with d popcorn cheesy
We are ready, let the tori continue

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 8:14pm On Oct 25, 2014
SalC:
Woky nwokeoma saying hi will not drain you battery smiley
Hi smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:15pm On Oct 25, 2014
FrancisTony:

No sadsmiley
Mixed feeling?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 8:15pm On Oct 25, 2014
Kamsified:
I see pa woky

Nwokeoma where is my prince Rich4god? His number is saying 'switched off' embarassed
I sent him to sambisa grin

ndewo
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:18pm On Oct 25, 2014
woky:
Hi smiley
Chai smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 25, 2014
SalC:
Mixed feeling?

Nah!

I'm good. smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:22pm On Oct 25, 2014
FrancisTony:

Nah!

I'm good. smiley
Good

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 10:26pm On Oct 25, 2014
Kamsified:
I see pa woky

Am fine my zing... I poked you with a mail... Guess you didnt see it...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 10:27pm On Oct 25, 2014
@Mariagoretti... May the blessings of our Lord never depart from you and your families....
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 11:23pm On Oct 25, 2014
Syncan:

Haba! Now you want to set babestell and kamsified on me abi? Abeg answer the kweshion joor.

SalC and Syncan are husband and wife.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 11:26pm On Oct 25, 2014
babestell:

SalC and Syncan are husband and wife.
Seconded. Or at least they live close to each other
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 11:27pm On Oct 25, 2014
I wanted to shout but something gagged me.

shockedlipsrsealedshocked
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 11:31pm On Oct 25, 2014
jnrbayano:
I wanted to shout but something gagged me.

shockedlipsrsealedshocked
Shout joor cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 11:54pm On Oct 25, 2014
Syncan:

With all the bouhaha that preceded and continued during the synod, the speech of the Pope gave me much relief. It still makes the upcoming general synod something to look forward to, and put in all of us the need to keep praying and not to relax. The Holy Spirit is alive and active, the church is marching on.

who could disagree when one puts it that way?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 12:28am On Oct 26, 2014
Syncan:

See me see trouble, what is my business with one who has excommunicated himself,or are they Catholics? It's rather interesting that you're inclined towards an Ideology that takes one out of the church.

technicaly, they are still catholics in a sense.

I am not necessarily inclined toward sedesvacantism, actually i reject the ideology, but i'm gradually learning that there is a gem of truth in most lie, crude oil is black and totally useless in itself. The most stupid stuff people believe are usually important to them and most times it is important you look at things from their skewed glassed so you can show them why you are sure your own glass is clearer.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 12:39am On Oct 26, 2014
Kamsified:

Seconded. Or at least they live close to each other
You dey sabi find trouble wella... Always available wen such tins comes up... smiley :-)
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 12:40am On Oct 26, 2014
SalC:
Well interesting thing here is, whereas this guys ideology look like or sounds like that of Sedevacantist, he openly denounces sedevantism, infact I have debated alongside him against a sedevacantist few months ago, except he became one recently and that's one thing I don't really understand about him
he is a probably a traditionalist, that should explain his jibes at vat 2.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 12:47am On Oct 26, 2014
Syncan:
And since it is a journey of human beings, with the consolations there were also moments of desolation, of tensions and temptations, of which a few possibilities could be mentioned:

- One, a temptation to hostile inflexibility, that is, wanting to close oneself within the written word, (the letter) and not allowing oneself to be surprised by God, by the God of surprises, (the spirit); within the law, within the certitude of what we know and not of what we still need to learn and to achieve. From the time of Christ, it is the temptation of the zealous, of the scrupulous, of the solicitous and of the so-called – today – “traditionalists” and also of the intellectuals.

-The temptation to a destructive tendency to goodness [it. buonismo], that in the name of a deceptive mercy binds the wounds without first curing them and treating them; that treats the symptoms and not the causes and the roots. It is the temptation of the “do-gooders,” of the fearful, and also of the so-called “progressives and liberals.”

- The temptation to transform stones into bread to break the long, heavy, and painful fast (cf. Lk 4:1-4); and also to transform the bread into a stone and cast it against the sinners, the weak, and the sick (cf Jn 8:7), that is, to transform it into unbearable burdens (Lk 11:46).

- The temptation to come down off the Cross, to please the people, and not stay there, in order to fulfil the will of the Father; to bow down to a worldly spirit instead of purifying it and bending it to the Spirit of God.

- The temptation to neglect the “depositum fidei” [the deposit of faith], not thinking of themselves as guardians but as owners or masters [of it]; or, on the other hand, the temptation to neglect reality, making use of meticulous language and a language of smoothing to say so many things and to say nothing! They call them “byzantinisms,” I think, these things…

Golden words from a shepherd.

as i said, so many quotable words, no definite position taken.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 12:49am On Oct 26, 2014
SalC:
I did, his speech and action doesn't seem same

what exactly did you gather from the speech?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 1:49am On Oct 26, 2014
Rich4god:
You dey sabi find trouble wella... Always available wen such tins comes up... smiley :-)
Lol no be trouble my prince
There r too many pointers to support babestell's position. Only be say 2 of them will soon come here tomorrow to deny d obvious as usual. lipsrsealed

Oh sorry I didn't see d mail earlier but I just replied. And I was even crying that Enugu babes have taken u away. Am happy now wink
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 5:08am On Oct 26, 2014
Thanks dear.

Kamsified:

This gossip go sweet die walahi
*spreads mat near salc* cheesy

@Italo good luck with everything dearest one
Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 5:27am On Oct 26, 2014
A very wonderful and miraculous day!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:54am On Oct 26, 2014
The Lord is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one. Ps 28:8.

Today we are praying for HurricaneChris.

May our prayers for you today find favour in the sight of God through Christ our Lord.

Good morning brethren and do have a favoured day ahead smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 6:37am On Oct 26, 2014
italo:
Thanks dear.

I just took my coat suit to the Dry Cleaners.

All the best.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 7:06am On Oct 26, 2014
jnrbayano:

I just took my coat suit to the Dry Cleaners.

All the best.

Lol. Thanks.

Bia, na only me dey find spouse for this forum...abi na only me dey talk am openly?

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.