Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (438) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (518296 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Jennydoris(f): 11:20am On Mar 03, 2016
chikk:
^^^^^

Thanks alot Syncan. Your prayers are well appreciated, God bless you.

Thanks also Salc and Rich4god for sharing. it helps to spread the word.

Thanks to everyone who's contacted. it feels good to have the support especially the moral and spiritual, (thoough we still need the material and financial wink )

May God Almighty of the needy raise helpers for you all in your time of need, as you help others, Amen.

Good morning everyone.

AMEN!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:58am On Mar 04, 2016
From today's reading HOS 14:2-10
...I will heal their defection, says the LORD, I will love them freely; for my wrath is turned away from them. I will be like the dew for Israel: he shall blossom like the lily; He shall strike root like the Lebanon cedar, and put forth his shoots. His splendor shall be like the olive tree and his fragrance like the Lebanon cedar. Again they shall dwell in his shade and raise grain; They shall blossom like the vine, and his fame shall be like the wine of Lebanon....

Gospel MK 12:28-34
"...The scribe said to him, “Well said, teacher. You are right in saying, He is One and there is no other than he. And to love him with all your heart, with all your understanding, with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is worth more than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.” And when Jesus saw that he answered with understanding, he said to him, “You are not far from the Kingdom of God.”"

Whenever God is in Lovey lovey mood in scriptures, His words inflames the heart. At such times, He holds nothing back in his blessings. Happy then is one in whom God is pleased, and who loves God with his whole heart. God is love, we only love in part, the degree of the purity of our love is proportional to the degree or our perfection. Hence, one who is closer to God loves more. That's why Jesus told the scribe in the gospel "You are not far from the Kingdom of God". Our first love should be God, have you ever experienced the love of God in your heart? A feeling of intense appreciation and a desire not to be separated from Him. I've read several books of saints professing love for God, but a simple, practicable,captivating and utterly beautiful book is "The autobiography of a saint" by St. Theresa of lisieux. It is a love story of God and a beautiful soul. Love God and Love your neighbor as yourself, that is the compendium of all that Christ taught.

Today, let me walk in prayers with you; dear Ubenedictus, as we meditate on the purest of love as exemplified by the cross; in this period of lent, may the crucified Lord draw you closer to Him each day, and may His glory be made manifest in your life everyday.

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 9:58am On Mar 04, 2016
Maybe I should let SalC know I am currently in abuja.

We've got some renovations to do at defence headquarters, thats where i'm working today. grin grin

Will be at ministry of Labor and industry tomorrow.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by btoks: 5:43am On Mar 05, 2016
Wishing you all a lovely weekend. May we continue to be steadfast in love to God and neighbour.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:29am On Mar 05, 2016
From today's reading HOS 6:1-6

"...Let us know, let us strive to know the LORD; as certain as the dawn is his coming, and his judgment shines forth like the light of day!...."

People get attracted to each other for different reasons, however, to sustain such relationships, each party strive to know more about the other. As a matter of fact, it's one of the earliest topics of discussions in the beginning of any relationship such as friendship, marriage, courtship etc. The continued sustenance or progress of these relationships often lie on how well you know the other and accommodate his/her dos and don'ts. Are you in a relationship with God? How much do you know him? Knowing God is not like saying all men are the same, no, there is no one like Him, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD". Reading the scriptures, reading the lives of saints and hearing or reading the words of the Magisterium. These are ways of knowing the lord. May we strive each day to know Him better.

Today on the eve of your birthday, let me walk in prayers with you dear SalC, as we encounter the Lord more and more in this period of Lent, may you grow in your knowledge of Him and keep you ever close and secure in God's heart.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 9:02am On Mar 05, 2016
Syncan:

"...Let us know, let us strive to know the LORD; as certain as the dawn is his coming, and his judgment shines forth like the light of day!...."

People get attracted to each other for different reasons, however, to sustain such relationships, each party strive to know more about the other. As a matter of fact, it's one of the earliest topics of discussions in the beginning of any relationship such as friendship, marriage, courtship etc. The continued sustenance or progress of these relationships often lie on how well you know the other and accommodate his/her dos and don'ts. Are you in a relationship with God? How much do you know him? Knowing God is not like saying all men are the same, no, there is no one like Him, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD". Reading the scriptures, reading the lives of saints and hearing or reading the words of the Magisterium. These are ways of knowing the lord. May we strive each day to know Him better.

Today on the eve of your birthday, let me walk in prayers with you dear SalC, as we encounter the Lord more and more in this period of Lent, may you grow in your knowledge of Him and keep you ever close and secure in God's heart.

Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Aizenosa(m): 9:36am On Mar 05, 2016
Good morning everyone, wishing u a wonderful weekend.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 10:12pm On Mar 05, 2016
hurricaneChris:
Good morning brothers and sisters.

I have good news

dreams are becoming reality cheesy cheesy
Amen Amen we are all ears.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 10:16pm On Mar 05, 2016
hurricaneChris:
Maybe I should let SalC know I am currently in abuja.

We've got some renovations to do at defence headquarters, thats where i'm working today. grin grin

Will be at ministry of Labor and industry tomorrow.
Good news!! cheesy

This time around it's defence headquarters next you will enter Aso rock smiley

Guess this is part of the dreams becoming reality. smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 10:26pm On Mar 05, 2016
chikk:
Hello and good evening everyone. Happy new year, lent, and new month to you all. May this month bring us more grace to overcome the challenges of our lives.

Mr syncan, I read. Weldone sir.

Salc, kamsified, jnrbayano, rich4god, debbie, etc. I greet you all in the name of Jesus + Mary.

Kindly visit the thread: https://www.nairaland.com/2963343/call-support-orphanage-trip

We're planning a trip to an orphanage in abuja come this easter. I don't know who's in abuja, you're welcome to join us. If you're not, you're welcome to make donations of kind, cash and/or prayers.

Thanks a lot and God bless you all immensely!!
Sorry for the late reply dear, was serving a ban I couldn't understand.

God bless both the initiators and participants of this act of love.

May your cups overflow with God's oil of favour.

Good one!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 10:30pm On Mar 05, 2016
Syncan:

May your heart be daily filled with God's love as He keeps you ever close to him.

Thanks for teaching us.............. You are kind! smiley

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 10:33pm On Mar 05, 2016
btoks:
Wishing you all a lovely weekend. May we continue to be steadfast in love to God and neighbour.
Aizenosa:
Good morning everyone, wishing u a wonderful weekend.
Greetings to you brothers.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Aizenosa(m): 10:52pm On Mar 05, 2016
Mr Syncan as a member of this family and a happy follower of this thread I want to thank you for your so many messages of inspiration words cannot express how grateful this family is for them. We pray that Christ in His infinite love continue to bless u with continual inspiration through the Holy Spirit to keep up the good work thank you bro
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 4:48pm On Mar 06, 2016
Rich4god:
Thanks for the update.

You're welcome bro. cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 4:58pm On Mar 06, 2016
Aizenosa:
Mr Syncan as a member of this family and a happy follower of this thread I want to thank you for your so many messages of inspiration words cannot express how grateful this family is for them. We pray that Christ in His infinite love continue to bless u with continual inspiration through the Holy Spirit to keep up the good work thank you bro

Amen Amen. Thank you dearest brother for your kind words, may the Lord look upon you as He did to Veronica at the sixth station.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 5:08pm On Mar 06, 2016
A happy birthday to you dearest SalC, your touch on this thread has been nothing short of motherly. You are a rare make, a beautiful soul encased in this dust of ours. May your light shine brightly ever, and may you never stop to add light to light, virtue to virtue and wisdom to wisdom in your joy filled years ahead. God bless you Ada oma.

Good day brethren, a splendid Sunday to all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by bluerange(f): 7:29pm On Mar 06, 2016
SalC, so you are also a March baby like me! cheesy May your life be a light that will inspire others to seek good, You are a soldier of Christ and as you defend the Faith, Christ defends you from heirs of darkness.....Happy Birthday!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 10:03pm On Mar 06, 2016
Syncan:
A happy birthday to you dearest SalC, your touch on this thread has been nothing short of motherly. You are a rare make, a beautiful soul encased in this dust of ours. May your light shine brightly ever, and may you never stop to add light to light, virtue to virtue and wisdom to wisdom in your joy filled years ahead. God bless you Ada oma.

Good day brethren, a splendid Sunday to all.
Amen.

Thanks so much and God bless you ceaselessly smiley

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 10:06pm On Mar 06, 2016
bluerange:
SalC, so you are also a March baby like me! cheesy May your life be a light that will inspire others to seek good, You are a soldier of Christ and as you defend the Faith, Christ defends you from heirs of darkness.....Happy Birthday!
Yes.....four days ahead of you grin

Amen to the prayers and God bless you lots smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:15am On Mar 07, 2016
From today's Gospel Jn 4:43-54

At that time Jesus left [Samaria] for Galilee.For Jesus himself testifiedthat a prophet has no honor in his native place.When he came into Galilee, the Galileans welcomed him,since they had seen all he had done in Jerusalem at the feast; for they themselves had gone to the feast.

Galilee, how happy a place it is, to have welcomed the Lord. At a time when Jesus would rather not perform a miracle in His home town, He performed a second in Galilee. Are you a Galilee for Christ? Is your body a sanctuary of rest for Jesus? A place where He gets consolation from many sacrilege against Him? A Holy place of repose as against those who receive Him unworthily in Eucharist? This is the time to wash and clean, this is the period of grace and mercy. Let's avail ourselves of this opportunity offered by the Lenten season, and make ourselves Galilee's for Christ. While you do this dear one, expect your miracle soon.

Today let me walk in prayers with btoks, as we prepare ourselves in this period, may His grace pour out on you like showers and may the Lord be well pleased in you.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by btoks: 1:05pm On Mar 07, 2016
Syncan:
From today's Gospel Jn 4:43-54

At that time Jesus left [Samaria] for Galilee.For Jesus himself testifiedthat a prophet has no honor in his native place.When he came into Galilee, the Galileans welcomed him,since they had seen all he had done in Jerusalem at the feast; for they themselves had gone to the feast.

Galilee, how happy a place it is, to have welcomed the Lord. At a time when Jesus would rather not perform a miracle in His home town, He performed a second in Galilee. Are you a Galilee for Christ? Is your body a sanctuary of rest for Jesus? A place where He gets consolation from many sacrilege against Him? A Holy place of repose as against those who receive Him unworthily in Eucharist? This is the time to wash and clean, this is the period of grace and mercy. Let's avail ourselves of this opportunity offered by the Lenten season, and make ourselves Galilee's for Christ. While you do this dear one, expect your miracle soon.

Today let me walk in prayers with btoks, as we prepare ourselves in this period, may His grace pour out on you like showers and may the Lord be well pleased in you.

Amen.Thanks

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:04am On Mar 08, 2016
From today's Gospel JN 5:1-16

"...One man was there who had been ill for thirty-eight years.When Jesus saw him lying thereand knew that he had been ill for a long time, he said to him, “Do you want to be well?” The sick man answered him, “Sir, I have no one to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up; while I am on my way, someone else gets down there before me.” Jesus said to him, “Rise, take up your mat, and walk.” Immediately the man became well, took up his mat, and walked...."

What manner of ailment do you suffer from, physical? Social? Financial? Emotional? Spiritual? And how long have you been with it? Have you given up hope, are you finding your solution in the right place? Take a look at the man above, for thirty eight years he was sick, but he continued to hope for a cure in the conventional way, until he met Jesus. He met the Lord while seeking for a cure in a way in tune with his beliefs. Where do you now seek your cure, is it still in tune with your beliefs, have you turned to another god or are you now playing God? This is a period of retreat, a time to turn back, a time to reconcile with Christ, your miracle may just be at your door, be ready.
Today, let me walk in prayers with dearest Kamsified, as we hope on the Lord in this season of Lent, may He visit you at your point of needs, Wow onlookers with your miracle, and may you receive renewed life in your vocation of choice.

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:40am On Mar 09, 2016
From today's Gospel Jn 11:25a, 26

Jesus answered the Jews:
“My Father is at work until now, so I am at work.” For this reason they tried all the more to kill him, because he not only broke the sabbath but he also called God his own father, making himself equal to God.

In the beginning was the word, the word was with God, the word was God. Jn1:1. . The church teaches only what God has revealed, not what she understands. In the course of doing this, the church teaches even what she terms mysteries. Things that have been revealed by God, but for which explanation is not so humanly easily comprehensible. One of these is the incarnation, that a man is born of a virgin. Another of these is the Trinity, that there are three distinct persons in one God, yet not three gods. This is the moral burden of the church, not to pick and choose, but to guide her children to the whole truth, comprehensible or not, as long as it is the truth. That you may know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. O how dangerous it is not to be in the fold, there are wolves out there. My faith! My Pride!
Today, let me walk in prayers with dear Papist, as we observe this period of Lent with the universal Church, may her guidance keep you secure, may you find grace in her Treasury, and may she lead you to Jesus at the end.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:30am On Mar 10, 2016
From today's reading Ex 32:7-14

But Moses implored the LORD, his God, saying, “Why, O LORD, should your wrath blaze up against your own people,whom you brought out of the land of Egypt...So the LORD relented in the punishment
he had threatened to inflict on his people.

"For the forgetfulness and ingratitude of men, we will console you O Lord....
For the blasphemies uttered against you, we will console you O Lord....
For the coldness of a greater part of your children, we will console you O Lord..."

Have you heard or participated in this prayer before? That's the Act of reparation to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. This is the words of a mediator, an intercessor. That's the role Moses played for the Israelites, he prevented their total annihilation at certain times, appeasing the anger of God, inflamed by their stubbornness. The world needs intercessors today, for the many acts of man that provokes God's anger. Many have given their lives as a sacrifice to God in intercession for their fellow men, taking upon them the vows of poverty, obedience and chastity, willing tools in God's hands and a kind of victim souls for the world. May their rewards never pass them by. You O privileged Catholic, how do you participate in this intercessory role, what do you offer? I encourage you to read up the full act of reparation, you may find in one of the lines, a way to console our Lord.

Today, on her birthday, let me walk in prayers with sister bluerange, as we meditate on our Lord's sufferings in this period of Lent, may your sighs of consolation be greatly appreciated by Him, and may He look upon you with utmost love and keep you secure in the hollow of his hands.
Happy birthday bluerange.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 1:50pm On Mar 10, 2016
Where is my zing.... I don relocate back to kano.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by bluerange(f): 7:08pm On Mar 10, 2016
@Syncan, thank you for the heart-felt prayers.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 10:13pm On Mar 12, 2016
Belated happy birthday to you sister bluerange. May the Lord whom you labour daily in his vineyard bless and strengthen you always. smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 10:20pm On Mar 12, 2016
Thanks so much bro Syncan for the teachings and the birthday reminders.
Thought no one would've remembered. smiley

@ italo, hope mummy's birthday was cool too?
My prayers are with her too and I wish her more joyful years ahead smiley

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 13, 2016
Rich4god:
Where is my zing.... I don relocate back to kano.

The addiction to the North beats me. angry
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:47pm On Mar 16, 2016
Syncan:
From today's Gospel JN 5:1-16

"...One man was there who had been ill for thirty-eight years.When Jesus saw him lying thereand knew that he had been ill for a long time, he said to him, “Do you want to be well?” The sick man answered him, “Sir, I have no one to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up; while I am on my way, someone else gets down there before me.” Jesus said to him, “Rise, take up your mat, and walk.” Immediately the man became well, took up his mat, and walked...."

What manner of ailment do you suffer from, physical? Social? Financial? Emotional? Spiritual? And how long have you been with it? Have you given up hope, are you finding your solution in the right place? Take a look at the man above, for thirty eight years he was sick, but he continued to hope for a cure in the conventional way, until he met Jesus. He met the Lord while seeking for a cure in a way in tune with his beliefs. Where do you now seek your cure, is it still in tune with your beliefs, have you turned to another god or are you now playing God? This is a period of retreat, a time to turn back, a time to reconcile with Christ, your miracle may just be at your door, be ready.
Today, let me walk in prayers with dearest Kamsified, as we hope on the Lord in this season of Lent, may He visit you at your point of needs, Wow onlookers with your miracle, and may you receive renewed life in your vocation of choice.

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all

Waoh A very big Amen I say to this wonderful prayer
God bless u bro

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:48pm On Mar 16, 2016
Hello brethren, I thought I should share this

Vconnect Global Services Ltd (vconnect.com), formerly an online search engine/directory for corporates in Nigeria with head office in Lagos, has just recently diversified into an online retail platform and are seeking to recruit some goal-oriented individuals to fill the position of Field Sales Representatives.

Product Category:
Phones&Tablets/Laptops&Desktops/Home&Office Appliances/Cameras&Electronics/Fashion Wears/Watches&Sunglasses/Games&Consoles/Groceries/Kitchen&Dining/Home Consumables etc
Cities: Lagos/Abuja/Ibadan/Ilorin/Akure/Benin/Warri/Asaba/Portharcourt/Onitsha/Enugu/Awka/Aba/Nnewi/ Kaduna/Kano/Nasarawa/Abeokuta/Sango Otta/Badagry/Owerri/Ado-Ekiti/Lokoja/Markurdi

Responsibilities:
Getting offline orders from customers for items in any of the product categories
Ensure smooth delivery of ordered products.
Assist customers in resolving warranty issues for defective products.
Daily report of sales activities/effort to your line manager
Prospecting daily for new clients from the major markets & corporate organizations within your city.
Fast track and manage all customer service activities
Minimum monthly sales target of 5 million naira.

Remuneration:
Basic Minimum Salary
Juicy Commission Structure for every order fulfilled.
Qualification:
OND/HND/BSC/BA
Good knowledge of the markets in your city of choice
Experience is other ecommerce platforms is an added advantage.
Having quality customer base in your city of choice is a MUST.

Mode of Application:
Send your detailed CV to: kenneth@vconnect.com
SUBJECT of the mail should indicate your full name and the city of your choice.
EG: Jonathan Goodluck – ABUJA
Application Deadline: March 31, 2016.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:53pm On Mar 16, 2016
Happy birthday mummy Salc. Syncan has said it all

May you grow from strength to strength. As you have encouraged some of us in times of difficulties, may u never lack an encourager when u need one. As you've added a new year to your age, may The Lord increase you in every aspect of life as your heart desires according to his will. Amen

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.