Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (447) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (518350 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 7:58am On May 30, 2016
Daily novena prayer. Day 30

Today, the 30th day of May, we're praying for our leaders

O God, infinite beauty. Wretched as we are, we approach in humility your throne, with thanksgiving and petition. Thanksgiving for the numerous mercies received from you, and petition for the many needs that weigh heavily on us. Look kindly upon our prayers, especially that of our leaders who we pray for today and of mine(you may add yours) through the merits of the passion of your son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Pray for us dearest mother Mary, as we offer you this ten roses of hail Mary, with eyes filled with hope and filial love. Amen.

10 Hail Marys.

Psalm 138
I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; before the angels I will sing your praise.
I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your unfailing love and your faithfulness,for you have so exalted your solemn decree that it surpasses your fame.
When I called, you answered me; you greatly emboldened me.
May all the kings of the earth praise you, Lord,when they hear what you have decreed.
May they sing of the ways of the Lord, for the glory of the Lord is great.
Though the Lord is exalted, he looks kindly on the lowly; though lofty, he sees them from afar.
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life.
You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes; with your right hand you save me.
The Lord will vindicate me; your love, Lord, endures forever—
do not abandon the works of your hands.

Special Psalm: Psalm 121

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 8:05am On May 30, 2016
Good morning brothers and sisters.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 8:08am On May 30, 2016
babestell:
Am joining you all in prayers o! Just that I am not posting here. God answer and bless our efforts
No one is really posting the prayers here so you're not alone nnem

Amen to the prayer
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 8:11am On May 30, 2016
hurricaneChris:
Good morning brothers and sisters.

Good morning ezi Nwanne
How are you today? Hope you're on holiday or are u making money today too
Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 10:07am On May 30, 2016
Kamsified:

Good morning ezi Nwanne
How are you today? Hope you're on holiday or are u making money today too

Good morning sister!
Am fine thank you.
Lol, holiday keh? Just got to abuja now on inspection. cheesy

My work knows no holiday o. Unless you arent needed.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Fembleez1(m): 2:32pm On May 30, 2016
Syncan:
From Today's Reading GN 37:3-4, 12-13A, 17B-28A
Israel loved Joseph best of all his sons,for he was the child of his old age;and he had made him a long tunic.One day, when his brothers had gone to pasture their father’s flocks at Shechem, Israel said to Joseph,“Your brothers, you know, are tending our flocks at Shechem. Get ready; I will send you to them.” So Joseph went after his brothers and caught up with them in Dothan. They noticed him from a distance, and before he came up to them, they plotted to kill him.

From the Gospel MT 21:33-43, 45-46
There was a landowner who planted a vineyard, put a hedge around it, dug a wine press in it, and built a tower. Then he leased it to tenants and went on a journey. But when the tenants saw the son, they said to one another,‘This is the heir. Come, let us kill him and acquire his inheritance.

"Human life is sacred",says the church, "because from its beginning it involves the creative action of God and it remains for ever in a special relationship with the Creator, who is its sole end. God alone is the Lord of life from its beginning until its end: no one can under any circumstance claim for himself the right directly to destroy an innocent human being". The brothers plotted against Joseph, so did the tenants against their master's representatives. However, the brothers of Joseph restrained from murder, while the tenants executed theirs. Today, blood flows on earth, human life is taken everyday via abortion by Christians. Man continues to plot and carry out murder each passing day, by killing vulnerable humans yet unborn. Let's take a look at the end of the stories shown in our readings. In the first, Joseph's brothers got saved from famine because they chose not to kill, while in the second, the tenants were put to death because they shed murdered another.For your lifeblood I will surely require a reckoning. . . . Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for God made man in his own imageGen.9:5-6. Have you participated in abortion, actively of passively? Have you reconciled with God? With all your strength flee from giving consent to abortion, discourage it, and live a chaste life.

"I cannot bring myself to speak of the many virgins who daily fall and are lost to the bosom of the Church, their mother. . . . Some go so far as to take potions, that they may insure barrenness, and thus murder human beings almost before their conception. Some, when they find themselves with child through their sin, use drugs to procure abortion, and when, as often happens, they die with their offspring, they enter the lower world laden with the guilt not only of adultery against Christ but also of suicide and child murder" St. Jerome. (Letters 22:13 [A.D. 396])

Today, let me walk in prayers with Fembleez1, as we pray in this period of length, may the Lord renew the life of grace in you, may you be sound in health of body and soul, and may all evil plans against you not succeed.

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.

Oh, thank you all. I didn't get this mention and I've been busy with school work. Bless you all. smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 7:25am On May 31, 2016
At the special request of our brother and sister, we're going to pray for Nigeria one more time and also pray for our loved ones who have departed this world

Daily novena prayer. Day 31

Today, the 31st day of May, we're praying for Nigeria/our loved ones who have departed this world

O God, infinite beauty. Wretched as we are, we approach in humility your throne, with thanksgiving and petition. Thanksgiving for the numerous mercies received from you, and petition for the many needs that weigh heavily on us. Look kindly upon our prayers, especially our prayers for Nigeria/our departed loved ones who we pray for today and of mine(you may add yours) through the merits of the passion of your son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Pray for us dearest mother Mary, as we offer you this ten roses of hail Mary, with eyes filled with hope and filial love. Amen.

10 Hail Marys.

Psalm 138
I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; before the angels I will sing your praise.
I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your unfailing love and your faithfulness,for you have so exalted your solemn decree that it surpasses your fame.
When I called, you answered me; you greatly emboldened me.
May all the kings of the earth praise you, Lord,when they hear what you have decreed.
May they sing of the ways of the Lord, for the glory of the Lord is great.
Though the Lord is exalted, he looks kindly on the lowly; though lofty, he sees them from afar.
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life.
You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes; with your right hand you save me.
The Lord will vindicate me; your love, Lord, endures forever—
do not abandon the works of your hands.

Special Psalm: Psalm 121

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

May the souls of the faithful departed though the mercy of God rest in peace Amen
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 9:40pm On May 31, 2016
So, finally we v cone to the end of the novena... special thanks to my zing for making this possible.... kiss kiss kiss
May God grant us the desires of our heart...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:11am On Jun 01, 2016
May all our prayers find favour before the Lord.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 9:39am On Jun 01, 2016
hurricaneChris:

Good morning sister!
Am fine thank you.
Lol, holiday keh? Just got to abuja now on inspection. cheesy

My work knows no holiday o. Unless you arent needed.
Sorry I missed this

Eiyaa. Even long travel added to the work sef grin
The Lord is your strength.
Thank God the contract is from Abuja wink
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 9:46am On Jun 01, 2016
Syncan:
May all our prayers find favour before the Lord.
Amen
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 9:46am On Jun 01, 2016
Rich4god:
So, finally we v cone to the end of the novena... special thanks to my zing for making this possible.... kiss kiss kiss
May God grant us the desires of our heart...

Amen n Amen
To God be the glory
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:58am On Jun 11, 2016
Just to wish you the best, and to say "I miss you all"

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by lacum: 9:14am On Jun 12, 2016
Brothers and Sisters can you please help me explain 2 Timothy 1:18. I think Paul is praying for the dead here
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 10:24am On Jun 12, 2016
lacum:
Brothers and Sisters can you please help me explain 2 Timothy 1:18. I think Paul is praying for the dead here

You thought right. Though some who feel uncomfortable with the doctrine of purgatory, will say it was not a prayer for the dead Onesiphorus but instead; an expression of ardent desire from Paul, yet this position of theirs begs the question of what is prayer, as well as, why Paul will waste his time desiring...something nothing.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by lacum: 1:21pm On Jun 12, 2016
thanks, i just needed to know because the passage didnt really tell us if Onesipherus was dead at that time but i assumed so
Re: A Thread For Catholics by lacum: 1:35pm On Jun 12, 2016
my penticostal brother pasted this on facebook and am trying to counter him.

The correct prayer for a dead person is, 'May your memory be blessed'. The 'May your soul rest in peace' prayer is a waste of breath. Once a person is dead your prayers for the soul is useless.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 4:04pm On Jun 12, 2016
lacum:
my penticostal brother pasted this on facebook and am trying to counter him.

The correct prayer for a dead person is, 'May your memory be blessed'.
The 'May your soul rest in peace' prayer is a waste of breath.
Once a person is dead your prayers for the soul is useless.

Don't you see how funny he sounds? So he believes in praying for the dead. He says Prayers for the soul is a waste, but prayers for the memory of the dead is fruitful. So with prayers one can still change the memory of the dead from cursed to blessed? SMH.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by lacum: 11:40pm On Jun 12, 2016
na so i see am my bro. i always know that penticostals will always get it wrong so far they want to be against d catholic church
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 4:41am On Jun 13, 2016
Syncan:

Don't you see how funny he sounds? So he believes in praying for the dead. He says Prayers for the soul is a waste, but prayers for the memory of the dead is fruitful. So with prayers one can still change the memory of the dead from cursed to blessed? SMH.

Imagine the confusion
Re: A Thread For Catholics by chikk(f): 6:52pm On Jun 13, 2016
Hello...
Good evening brothers and sisters.
I greet u all in the name of Jesus+Mary
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 8:15pm On Jun 13, 2016
chikk:
Hello...
Good evening brothers and sisters.
I greet u all in the name of Jesus+Mary

Right behind you dear.

Howdy?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by chikk(f): 1:35am On Jun 14, 2016
jnrbayano:

Right behind you dear.

Howdy?

Blessed. U?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:06am On Jun 14, 2016
Kamsified:

Imagine the confusion

Nne you don see am na.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 9:53am On Jun 14, 2016
Good morning brothers and sisters
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 3:17pm On Jun 14, 2016
chikk:

Blessed. U?

I'm kajad
Re: A Thread For Catholics by chikk(f): 3:28pm On Jun 14, 2016
jnrbayano:

I'm kajad

Have been trying to reach u. What's wrong with ur bbm?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 5:47pm On Jun 14, 2016
chikk:

Have been trying to reach u. What's wrong with ur bbm?

Try it again dear....sorry about that
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jun 18, 2016
Evening all, I am new here from abuja.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 8:00am On Jun 21, 2016
Maxineng:
Evening all, I am new here from abuja.
Good morning and welcome to the house bro.
God bless you
Re: A Thread For Catholics by chuksanya(m): 11:58pm On Jun 27, 2016
O our God, at the end of this day we thank You most heartily for all the graces we have received from You. We're sorry that we have not made a better use of them. We're sorry for all the sins we have committed against You. Forgive us, O our God, and graciously protect us this night. Blessed Virgin Mary, our dear heavenly mother, take us under your protection. St. Joseph, our dear Guardian Angel, and all you saints of God, pray for us. Sweet Jesus, have pity on all poor sinners, and save them from hell. Have mercy on the suffering souls in purgatory...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.