Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,641 members, 7,861,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 02:54 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (456) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (522167 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 6:51am On Nov 07, 2016
gaelllic:
If you will not learn proper Christian teaching, at least learn the use of paragraphs ...and coloring books.
Your write-up is an eyesore.

Now.

1. Please don't be absurd. Whatever I edit is for reasons of space and clarity. Sources are clearly indicated in order to encourage people
to personally verify authenticity.

2. The word 'non-Christians' precisely, precisely refers to atheists and pagans. Search your intellect (it oughtn't take long), and find
me any non-Christian who cannot be described as pagan (false god doctrine) or atheist (no-gods doctrine).

3. The notion that the Holy Spirit is at work in false religions (bolded) confirms your theological illiteracy.

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and injustice of those
men that detain the truth of God in injustice:
Because that which is known of God is manifest in them. For God hath manifested it unto them.
For the invisible things of him, from the creation of the world, are clearly seen,
being understood by the things that are made; his eternal power also,
and divinity: so that they are inexcusable

- Romans 1: 18-20
)

4. The verse clearly condemns as ungodly and unjust those who detain the truth
They are condemned because the truth (of God) is manifest.
Manifest in creation itself ("...being understood by the things that are made...")
and so they are without excuse.

Therefore...

Atheists who claim ignorance of God for 'lack of evidence' are... (fill in the blank space).

5. Lies, lies, lies.

"... today we no longer understand ecumenism in the sense of a return, by which the others
would ‘be converted’ and return to being ‘Catholics’. This was expressly abandoned by Vatican II.”
- 'Cardinal' Kasper, Head, Vatican’s Council for Promoting Christian Unity
(under Wojtyla and Ratzinger.)

“… so that education can be imparted to their children in all schools according to the families’ own moral
and religious principles
.”

- Antipope Paul VI, Gravissimum Educationis (# 7), Oct. 28, 1965

"We must walk united with our differences: there is no other way to become one.”
- Francis, Thinking Faith, Sept. 19, 2013, p. 10.

Truth, truth, truth.

“… for the union of Christians can only be promoted by promoting the return to the
one true Church of Christ of those who are separated from it...”

- Pope Pius XI, Mortalium Animos, 1928

“Wherefore, since outside the Catholic Church there is nothing perfect,
nothing undefiled, the Apostle declaring that "all that is not of faith is sin" (Romans 14:23), we are[b] in no way[/b]
likened with those who are divided from the unity of the Body of Christ; we are joined in no communion

- Pope St. Leo the Great, Sermon 129

The VII Church is opposed to converting people to Catholicism. Period.
Your feeble attempt to pretend otherwise confirms you as both ludicrous and base.

P.S. I condemn the VII Church as apostate.
You argue against me by citing VII documents. (without comparing them to earlier ones)
Purely by the rules of rational debate you are ...[fill in blank space]

Hahahaha, so you consider exposing the limitation of your device, and your vision handicap, a mark of your intellectual advancement? I see.

1. Continue telling lies, you substituted two words "but due" with "..." just for space and clarity? Yeah, I see that those two words can take a whole page, and completely misleading the unsuspecting reader is your version of clarity. Ride on.

2. Another lie. Are Jews not non Christians, are they pagans or atheists? Stop deceitfully pointing people to a direction, be truthful.

3. Lies again. If you know even the basic level of theology, you would know that the holy spirit has always been in action from the creation of man. Rom2:14-15 "For when the Gentiles, who have not the law, do by nature those things that are of the law; these having not the law are a law to themselves : Who shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness to them, and their thoughts between themselves accusing, or also defending one another" (Douay-Rheims)

4. O heretic, what else can I say here. Pick your Bible and read, read chapter 1 till the end to see what ungodliness and injustice entails, then read chapter 2 to understand that he wasn't passing judgement on "those who have not the law", as you do. In fact, chapter 2 starts with a warning for you. In summary everyone is called to act right, whether Jews or gentile, for the spirit acts in everyman naturally, via a medium known as conscience. That's what St. Paul is saying, you can go ahead and proclaim anathema on St. Paul, O judge.

5. Bla bla bla, stop diverting attention, remain on your slander of Pope Francis, that's what I am exposing your lies about.

PS. I continue to suspect your lack of comprehension. I quoted those documents to refute your slander against the holy father, Pope Francis. To show that he actually quoted working documents in the Vatican, yet you make it look like he originated them. What is my business nor Pope Francis's business about which council of our church an outsider agrees with or not? Stop giving yourself too much credit, Arian, Nestorius, Luther, and the rest of your father's did same, yet the church Christ established still lives on, beyond them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by MrCork: 10:16pm On Nov 10, 2016
Hisduchess:
nice thread.Helo to my fellow Catholics. November is a month for the faithful departed pls remember ur lost loved ones by booking masses for them.may d souls of all d faithful departed thru d mercy of God rest in peace.Amen

...will you replace that your gorokofagric picture & put back that sexy picture of your mosquito sexy leg? (No ooofense) angry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Hisduchess(f): 8:38pm On Nov 11, 2016
MrCork:

...will you replace that your gorokofagric picture & put back that sexy picture of your mosquito sexy leg? (No ooofense) angry

is this old troll back.ancestors ur re welcome
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 12, 2016
Hello all, I was shortlisted for etisalat flash fiction..
All I need is your vote, pls!!

Please your votes would be appreciated

https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=42

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 4:15pm On Nov 13, 2016
Papist, sorry to carry this over from another thread, but i've gat to ask what exactly do u have against d catechism in d paragraph on muslims?

Are u aware that the catechism is supported by d church's magisterium and authoritative?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 3:18am On Nov 19, 2016
Aha!, I have unearthed a time capsule which predates the 14th century.

The Knights of the Knight Templar would chant this along with other hymns to motivate themselves into battle during the Jerusalem Crusade. It's titled Da Parcem Domine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0d4qM7gCH8

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:41am On Nov 20, 2016
Christ is king forever and ever! May He reign in our hearts always.

Good morning brethren, a splendid Sunday ahead to all.

SalC, long time.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:44am On Nov 20, 2016
Syncan:
Christ is king forever and ever! May He reign in our hearts always.

Good morning brethren, a splendid Sunday ahead to all.

SalC, long time.
Wishing you the great blessings of Christ the supreme king.

Yeah long time bro, hope you are doing great?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:47am On Nov 20, 2016
SalC:

Wishing you the great blessings of Christ the supreme king.

Yeah long time bro, hope you are doing great?

Thanks nne, am doing just fine. I believe you are too.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:51am On Nov 20, 2016
Syncan:

Sure! God is faithful smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:52am On Nov 20, 2016
SalC:
Sure! God is faithful smiley

It's pleasing to my ears wink
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:53am On Nov 20, 2016
Syncan:

You haven't gone to church or are you typing from church?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:55am On Nov 20, 2016
Syncan:

It's pleasing to my ears wink
Yeah you've always had that kind of ear cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:58am On Nov 20, 2016
SalC:
You haven't gone to church or are you typing from church?

One of your submissions is true, choose one. smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:59am On Nov 20, 2016
SalC:

Yeah you've always had that kind of ear cheesy

Am sure its something we mutually share...among other things tongue
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:00am On Nov 20, 2016
Syncan:

One of your submissions is true, choose one. tongue
Why ask me to choose when you can tell me outright? smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:04am On Nov 20, 2016
SalC:

Why ask me to choose when you can tell me outright? smiley

Why take away the fun and thrill of playing a little game with SalC?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:05am On Nov 20, 2016
Syncan:

Am sure its something we mutually share...among other things tongue
Maybe, i just laughed out when i discovered i posted right after you on a thread i didn't even see you viewing. I was like "did he just pop out of the moon"? cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:08am On Nov 20, 2016
Syncan:

Why take away the fun and thrill of playing a little game with SalC?
Typical! Always dribbling me, you really enjoy keeping me in suspense?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:08am On Nov 20, 2016
SalC:
Maybe, i just laughed out when i discovered i posted right after you on a thread i didn't even see you viewing. I was like "did he just pop out of the moon"? cheesy

hahahahaha, no wonder I already got two likes on the post, people must have loved the effect it had on you.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:11am On Nov 20, 2016
SalC:

Typical! Always dribbling me, you really enjoy keeping me in suspense?

Indeed its like undiluted Palm wine, have you had a taste of undiluted Palm wine before?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:17am On Nov 20, 2016
Syncan:

hahahahaha, no wonder I already got two likes on the post, people must have loved the effect it had on you.
Lol congratulations grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:20am On Nov 20, 2016
Syncan:

Indeed its like undiluted Palm wine, have you had a taste of undiluted Palm wine before?
Yes, that was a long time ago, am not sure i enjoyed it o, i only remember my joints being weakened by it lol
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:22am On Nov 20, 2016
Off to mass. Waiting for a straight answer when i get back smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:30am On Nov 20, 2016
SalC:
Lol congratulations grin

Thanks dearie. grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:35am On Nov 20, 2016
SalC:
Yes, that was a long time ago, am not sure i enjoyed it o, i only remember my joints being weakened by it lol

Hmmm, its sweetness is unmistakable.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:38am On Nov 20, 2016
SalC:
Off to mass. Waiting for a straight answer when i get back smiley

Wow! She actually evaded making a choice. Catch ya later
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 20, 2016
Today is the feast day of Christ The King – a celebration which marks the end of the church's liturgical calendar, and yet there's not a single thread about it on Nairaland.

This forum is a colossal DISGRACE - alongside its moderators.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 3:50pm On Nov 20, 2016
DarkRebel101:
Today is the feast day of Christ The King – a celebration which marks the end of the church's liturgical calendar, and yet there's not a single thread about it on Nairaland.

This forum is a colossal DISGRACE - alongside its moderators.
Nah, there is a thread about it and it even made the homepage
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 4:49pm On Nov 20, 2016
Syncan:

Wow! She actually evaded making a choice. Catch ya later
Now this is unfair cry
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:55am On Nov 22, 2016
SalC:

Now this is unfair cry

Eiyaa, *Veronica mode activated*

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.