Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (477) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (517909 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 8:00am On Nov 29, 2017
SalC:

HCman I didn't see where you talked about anything.
So what are you talking about? tongue

Ehmm, Isn't this the legendary "fada Chrismas" we've all been expecting, or are we still expecting another one?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 9:03am On Nov 29, 2017
hurricaneChris:

Ehmm, Isn't this the legendary "fada Chrismas" we've all been expecting, or are we still expecting another one?
una don begin to sell me
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 12:58pm On Nov 29, 2017
hurricaneChris:

Oh you are waiting for fada Christmas?

I never knew smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 12:59pm On Nov 29, 2017
Ubenedictus:
una don begin to sell me

But we don't sell people here. This is a Catholic home wink
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 6:37pm On Nov 30, 2017
SalC:

But we don't sell people here. This is a Catholic home wink
lol, so u never read the story of Joseph? who sell am?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Mickey02(m): 2:25am On Dec 01, 2017
Ubenedictus:
lol, so u never read the story of Joseph? who sell am?

grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by crixcrox(f): 10:56am On Dec 01, 2017
Hello everyone good day please I have a few questions to ask. I have been attending the Catholic church for the past 7yrs (since 2009). I joined in secondary school and immediately joined baptism class but all of a sudden our catechist stopped coming to teach us (it was a boarding) so I couldn't baptize. Fast forward to 2012 200 lvl I started classes again but school stress became overwhelming I had to stop. My wedding is next year and I haven't been able to settle in one place long enough to attend classes what can I do as I really want my wedding to hold in a Catholic church. Is it possible for me to start classes this month and join those baptizing this new year. P.s My fiancee is not a Catholic

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 3:50pm On Dec 02, 2017

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 3:51pm On Dec 02, 2017
crixcrox:
Hello everyone good day please I have a few questions to ask. I have been attending the Catholic church for the past 7yrs (since 2009). I joined in secondary school and immediately joined baptism class but all of a sudden our catechist stopped coming to teach us (it was a boarding) so I couldn't baptize. Fast forward to 2012 200 lvl I started classes again but school stress became overwhelming I had to stop. My wedding is next year and I haven't been able to settle in one place long enough to attend classes what can I do as I really want my wedding to hold in a Catholic church. Is it possible for me to start classes this month and join those baptizing this new year. P.s My fiancee is not a Catholic

Yes. First step, visit the catechist/parish office in your closest parish and have this discussion with him. you can even be baptised this xmas but they may decide to do it on your wedding day if time is short.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:19pm On Dec 02, 2017
babestell:
Good Afternoon all.

I used to be a member here. grin grin grin

So Italo lost his dad a few months ago don't know if anyone posted it here.

All has been well with me. Even though i must confess I have been lukewarm in the practice of my faith. Its become mechanical so to say. Yes I go morning mass, regular confession but that deep burning desire to love God is gone, plus i dont pray or read my bible or say my rosary as often. i think that makes me officially a sinner.

My mechanic who i liked so much died on 4th of November and i didn't find out till 30th. so much for liked so much. My junior brother has been struggling at school and i have blocked him. But if i die now there will always be that regret so i better unblock him.

Also since i am still unmarried, and 35 is almost here, i have decided to get pregnant. its so funny that there are many candidates who want to help you get preggy but don't want to marry you. Because the process of getting preggy is a sin, i guess i am going to be spiritually lukewarm for another year.

So yeah....now you cant say you dont know whats up in babestell's life

There is nothing like 'used to be" here. You are here and that's the most important part of it.
Welcome back!

Concerning italo's dad, no one posted it here maybe because we weren't aware. May his soul rest in perfect peace.
Many things have happened that weren't talked about probably because many people hardly come around.
Like Striktlymi/ darknez just wedded few weeks ago and we didn't even give him a proper felicitation here.

Our bad!!!

About your mechanic, what do I say? Take heart, you will get a better one, may his would rest in peace.

Concerning your brother, I will not justify you, unblock him joor.

This marriage issue eh, am really speechless biko, I think I kinda understand the pressure and fear you are having but........ this your resolve though, smh... Please you may need to reconsider.

I pray God to grant you excess grace and the spirit of discernment.

I would've loved to write other things to you but this is a public forum.

May grace abound.

BTW good to have this troublemaker back. cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by bluerange(f): 11:39am On Dec 03, 2017
Good morning all. It's been ages! cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by crixcrox(f): 3:21pm On Dec 03, 2017
babestell:

Yes. First step, visit the catechist/parish office in your closest parish and have this discussion with him. you can even be baptised this xmas but they may decide to do it on your wedding day if time is short.

Thanks I will

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 7:05pm On Dec 03, 2017
bluerange:

HI Sister

Reading ages. What's up with you? Are you coming for xmas
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 8:50pm On Dec 03, 2017
Just arrived and reading from handles I saw last here since 19kpiridim...
Welcoming everyone back..

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:35pm On Dec 03, 2017
bluerange:

Wow it's great hearing from you after close to two years.

Today is the first Sunday of advent. Really this liturgical year will make so much sense.

Welcome sis!!! cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by sonofluc1fer: 11:59pm On Dec 03, 2017
Hard to believe y'all still here. Salc babestell strykl uben wow.... Been ages...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 12:06am On Dec 04, 2017
sonofluc1fer:
Hard to believe y'all still here. Salc babestell strykl uben wow.... Been ages...

Of course we are here, this is our home na.
Amanfrommars aka sonoflucifer, are you addicted to weird names smiley?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 11:53am On Dec 04, 2017
crixcrox:

Babestell gave you the simple practical answer. If I have to follow up, don't be discouraged if the first parish isn't cooperative, try the next one. Sometimes human differences affect a lot of things.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 12:31pm On Dec 04, 2017
babestell:
Good Afternoon all.

I used to be a member here. grin grin grin

So Italo lost his dad a few months ago don't know if anyone posted it here.

All has been well with me. Even though i must confess I have been lukewarm in the practice of my faith. Its become mechanical so to say. Yes I go morning mass, regular confession but that deep burning desire to love God is gone, plus i dont pray or read my bible or say my rosary as often. i think that makes me officially a sinner.

My mechanic who i liked so much died on 4th of November and i didn't find out till 30th. so much for liked so much. My junior brother has been struggling at school and i have blocked him. But if i die now there will always be that regret so i better unblock him.

Also since i am still unmarried, and 35 is almost here, i have decided to get pregnant. its so funny that there are many candidates who want to help you get preggy but don't want to marry you. Because the process of getting preggy is a sin, i guess i am going to be spiritually lukewarm for another year.

So yeah....now you cant say you dont know whats up in babestell's life

It's sad to hear about Italo's Dad, may his soul rest in peace. May God grant the family the fortitude to bear the loss. I condole with you on the death of your mechanic, may his soul rest in peace.

A little child was carrying a smaller one on her back and was walking with difficulty, a passerby seeing this child struggling, exclaimed" who gave this child this heavy load", to the surprise of the passerby, the little child retorted "o bughi ibu aro, o Nwanne m - it's not a heavy load, that's my sibling". That's all I can say about your brother and you.

On the rest sis, sometimes it just doesn't work for us when we need it to. Amidst all these diffulties in life, trying to solve a need on my own without God scares me a lot. All around me are people who are no longer with us, but were here yesterday, discussed their needs with me, set out plans to solve them, but are not here to complete it.

I have seen the love between adopted children and their parents, that I begin to feel ashamed for those who took the path of sin to bear theirs. I have seen doors eventually open for those who refused to defile their bodies for career, that I began to feel ashamed for those who earlier rushed at the opportunity.

Each time I tell myself, Syncan you are not alone in this challenge, God's people in many places are holding on, I have to hold on too, for I am one of them.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 12:47pm On Dec 04, 2017
As promised, Fada Kristimas is here today. He is pleased with the updates from babestell, so via here or via Syncan pm, send any phone number of your choice (your brother maybe) cheesy and it's network, it will be recharged with a 1k airtime.

Fada Kristimas will need the brethren to recommend a good song for babestell, I know she has the capability of finding and listening to each, any body she chooses his or her own by the end of the day,as the one she loved and played repeatedly will get a 1k free airtime.

So start sending in your songs and the artist.

A splendid day ahead to all.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Pchinak: 4:04pm On Dec 04, 2017
Syncan:
As promised, Fada Kristimas is here today. He is pleased with the updates from babestell, so via here or via Syncan pm, send any phone number of your choice (your brother maybe) cheesy and it's network, it will be recharged with a 1k airtime.

Fada Kristimas will need the brethren to recommend a good song for babestell, I know she has the capability of finding and listening to each, any body she chooses his or her own by the end of the day,as the one she loved and played repeatedly will get a 1k free airtime.

My song to babestell is - give them up to Jesus by Christy Lane.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 4:13pm On Dec 04, 2017
Syncan:

That one no hard na, I go just ask am what song she loves and I supply it and go away with the 1k.

See me see wahala o
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:18pm On Dec 04, 2017
Syncan:

Am sure my brother can recharge his phone joor.

How about me recommending someone else?

If its accepted, here is this one 07035381355 MTN
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:27pm On Dec 04, 2017
My song to babestell is "oga-adi mma" by Blessing Anyanele
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:09pm On Dec 04, 2017
SalC:

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:15pm On Dec 04, 2017
SalC:

That was for babestell...the first paragraph, an automatic 1k airtime, but Fada Kristimas has heard you and will recharge that number today. Yours is the second paragraph.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:12pm On Dec 04, 2017
Syncan:

That was for babestell...the first paragraph, an automatic 1k airtime, but Fada Kristimas has heard you and will recharge that number today. Yours is the second paragraph.
Sorry if you have not credited that number I made a mistake.
It is 07035381533
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:18pm On Dec 04, 2017
SalC:
Sorry if you have not credited that number I made a mistake.
It is ...

Too late SalC, that number is already credited.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:33pm On Dec 04, 2017
Syncan:

Too late SalC, that number is already credited.

Maybe he/ she deserve it the more. Thanks to you Fada Christmas smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by bluerange(f): 7:38am On Dec 05, 2017
SalC:

Wow it's great hearing from you after close to two years.

Today is the first Sunday of advent. Really this liturgical year will make so much sense.

Welcome sis!!! cheesy

Thank you.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by bluerange(f): 7:55am On Dec 05, 2017
babestell:

HI Sister

Reading ages. What's up with you? Are you coming for xmas

Am good. Not coming down for Xmas because am presently in Lagos and leaving this weekend as I came down to pick up some stuff.

If you were at the Marian shrine in Maryland last Sunday, na me the Priest use do small comedy when giving his thanks to those participating in the Novena. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.