Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

Why Are Born Again People So Wicked? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Are Born Again People So Wicked? (4718 Views)

Why Are Most Poor People So Stupid? / I'm Now Born Again - And I Say No To Tribalism / On Sahalareporters' Wicked Attempt To Tarnish My Image (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Born Again People So Wicked? by tsharp(m): 5:28pm On Jun 28, 2008
Why are born again people so wicked? One acclaimed holy guy I know who had been jobless and suffering for many years recently struck gold and started a business that fetches him millions. He employed and pays his staff between 12 and 20 thousand naira depending on their level of experience.

Some of them live in Egbeda, Agbado and sango ota and the office is on Lagos Island. He deducts 500 naira from this money for every day his staff are late and sometimes his staff leave with very little money at the end of the month because they have to be at the office before 7.30am.

I know another whose mother was sick and needed N10,000 for treatment and he will not give her yet he never fails to pay tithe. I also have neighbors who pray every night but despise other neighbors, shy away from contributions and owe rent even when they are buying cars. From my experiene, the holier they are, the meaner!
Re: Why Are Born Again People So Wicked? by manmustwac(m): 5:37pm On Jun 28, 2008
Well my own personal opinion is that wickedess is to do with mind and has nothing to do with whether a person is born again. There are good people who are non believers and there are bad people who are believers (and vice versa)
Re: Why Are Born Again People So Wicked? by vassilli(m): 7:13pm On Jun 28, 2008
i think dey only principled and not wicked
Re: Why Are Born Again People So Wicked? by tsharp(m): 7:33pm On Jun 28, 2008
@ Vassilli

PRINCIPLED!

Nice try.
Re: Why Are Born Again People So Wicked? by donmayor(m): 3:52pm On Jun 30, 2008
Every true born again christian must bear good fruit. Any person that calls himself a born again christian who bears bad fruit was never saved; thats how I see it. I do meet some of these so called born agains and it makes me want to stop attending church.
Re: Why Are Born Again People So Wicked? by ziga: 8:00pm On Jul 01, 2008
@ Poster.
The title of your post is contradictory, You can't be born again and still be wicked. But i understand what you mean. Some people claim to be what they are not but only God truly sees the heart.
Sometimes, the most "religious" people in churches do not even believe in Jesus.

May God save us all.
Re: Why Are Born Again People So Wicked? by wiod657: 4:24pm On Jul 04, 2008
donmayor (m)
Lagos

Re: Why Are Born Again People So Wicked?
« #4 on: June 30, 2008, 03:52 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Every true born again christian must bear good fruit. Any person that calls himself a born again christian who bears bad fruit was never saved; thats how I see it. I do meet some of these so called born agains and it makes me want to stop attending church.

hypocrisy abounds in the church no doubt but if a hypocrite is standing between you and God then it means the hypocrite is closer to God than you are
Re: Why Are Born Again People So Wicked? by donmayor(m): 4:42pm On Jul 04, 2008
wiod657:

donmayor (m)
Lagos

Re: Why Are Born Again People So Wicked?
« #4 on: June 30, 2008, 03:52 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hypocrisy abounds in the church no doubt but if a hypocrite is standing between you and God then it means the hypocrite is closer to God than you are
I do not know the definition of closeness to God.
Re: Why Are Born Again People So Wicked? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 04, 2008
when you are born again, you are of a new spirit which is in the likeness of God. Such person bares the fruits of this new spirit and wickedness is not one of the fruits. So such people are not born again but only acting holy.
Re: Why Are Born Again People So Wicked? by naijacutee(f): 12:57pm On Jul 05, 2008
There were bad eggs even among the disciples of Jesus. I think it is wrong for you to classify all born-again people as "wicked" based on this one man, just as it would be wrong to classify all christians as suicidal because of Judas Iscariot. This man obviously doesn't understand what it means to be born-again - and is apparently living for himself and not for God. It is not in my place to judge, as I know do not know the surrounding circumstances but any true individual who claims to be born-again should walk in love, as commanded by Jesus Christ. This is demonstrated by loving others and some of the acts you mentioned don't sound like acts of love. 
Re: Why Are Born Again People So Wicked? by Baxilexi(m): 2:48pm On Jul 06, 2008
naijacutee iam feeling you down t in bones,
preach sistah the person who started this thread is probably a bench warming christain. that goes to church because its a sunday. the bible states that in a great house there are many treasures, some made of gold and some of silver and some of wood. some are to honour and some to dishonour. the guy in question simply doesnt have full understanding of the word.
for it is said 'that not all those who call me lord lord shall enter the kingdom of God'.
you shouldnt classify all born agains as wicked, if your a muslim you can be forgiven but if your a christain you can't be serious that you haven't met any good born again.
a final scripture from the bible love your neighbour as your self tells you that the bible is not in support of this brethens actions.
Re: Why Are Born Again People So Wicked? by Nobody: 12:11am On Jul 09, 2008
wicked and stingy
Re: Why Are Born Again People So Wicked? by madamkoko: 1:00am On Jul 09, 2008
Do NOT forget that  people  ARE HUMANS first,  and humans have certain disgusting characters.

Born again is only a term that attempts to cover up these human like characteristics like (selfishness, greed, lying, stealing)
Re: Why Are Born Again People So Wicked? by mccloud224(m): 8:17am On Nov 21, 2009
All so called "born again" Christians are hypocrites and nothing more.It's all fallacy and a scam (mind you i am Christian).Let's ask answer one question as honestly as we can :

[size=8pt]WHY DO YOU GO TO CHURCH?[/size]

99.9% of so called "believers" worship God because of what he can do for them and NOT for what they can do for him.The type of reverence for the lord like in the old bible is no longer present (e.g Abraham was willing to sacrifice his only son who he had in old age).How many "believers" would even consider doing that to please God?How many believers pay their actual tithes?Sorry to say this, but Christianity of today is heavily flawed.There are a lot of things in it that shouldn't be there.Roman catholics,Anglicans,Baptists,Vincentians,Saint this and Saint that are ALL IDOL WORSHIPERS.Those aren't even close to Christianity to begin with.

People worship God mainly for the following reasons :
(1)Blessings in their endeavors (popularly known as "divine favor"wink
(2)Healing from physical afflictions
(3)Looking for spouses (the church is a "coded" arena to meet singles and even match making is common place)

The list is endless but you get the point.People are Christians ONLY when God provides for them. After all Obasanjo was born again in prison.We all see what "born agains" can do when they get into power.

Rubbish!
Re: Why Are Born Again People So Wicked? by deb(m): 10:24pm On Nov 21, 2009
Why are born again people so wicked? One acclaimed holy guy I know who had been jobless and suffering for many years recently struck gold and started a business that fetches him millions. He employed and pays his staff between 12 and 20 thousand naira depending on their level of experience.

I think I like the guy for the fact that he was once poor and he didn't give up like many losers. An d to think of it he has also taken some people out of joblessness and also paying them salary based on their experience. nothing wrong.

Some of them live in Egbeda, Agbado and sango ota and the office is on Lagos Island. He deducts 500 naira from this money for every day his staff are late and sometimes his staff leave with very little money at the end of the month because they have to be at the office before 7.30am.

Man the guy has laboured so hard to set up the business and he would not allow any employee who does not understand the pain of starting a business to chatter his dream in a broad day light. Employees living far from the office have a choice to resign and look for another job elsewhere after all he has done them no evil employing them

I know another whose mother was sick and needed N10,000 for treatment and he will not give her yet he never fails to pay tithe. I also have neighbors who pray every night but despise other neighbors, shy away from contributions and owe rent even when they are buying cars. From my experiene, the holier they are, the meaner!

This last one I leave him to God if he truly could afford it and he didn't provide it.
Re: Why Are Born Again People So Wicked? by EreluY(f): 4:01pm On Jun 25, 2012
It's not just the born again Christians who are guilty of this, but adherents of the Abrahamic Religions: Judaism (see what the Jews are doing to the Palestinians); Islam (consider the spates of global terrorist attacks as well as Boko Haram insurgences in Northern Nigeria); and, Christianity (imagine the clerical child abuse rocking the Roman Catholic Church). Besides, you could say this of all adherents of all religions. It's sadly a paradox. But then, it demonstrates the fact that religion is a smoking screen.

(1) (Reply)

Your Most Traumatising Experience? / Women Help Me: I Know I Can Invest In My Children's Lives. / Sex Workers Stormed Ogun Openly; Youth Unemployment, Failing Moral Or Boldness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.