Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Nysc Requirements - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nysc Requirements (9782 Views)

Ways To Apply For A Job Even When You Don't Meet The Requirements / 31 Insane Requirements Flight Attendants Must Follow / The New Senseless Job Requirements In Nigeria (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nysc Requirements by Garuba(m): 3:26pm On Jun 06, 2006
Hey All,

I'm currently living in canada and wont be back in nigeria for a while. I wanted to know if you can get jobs without having to do NYSC or if it is mandatory.

What is NYSC anyways and whats the purpose? I've heard thangs about being able to get exemption certificates. Whats that all about? How can i get one?

Thankz
Re: Nysc Requirements by Hotstepper(f): 3:36pm On Jun 06, 2006
well I live in Canada as well. well, Youth Service is a most for every1 who wants to work in Nigeria. If u are lucky enough, u can get a job 4rom where u did ur Youth Service. Like those of us datz skooling abroad, we r given the chance to choose the city we want to do it. itz a nice thing am looking forward to tongue

well, people in Nigeria can explain better esp. people who has done it b4
Re: Nysc Requirements by Hotstepper(f): 3:38pm On Jun 06, 2006
well I live in Canada as well. well, Youth Service is a most for every1 who wants to work in Nigeria. If u are lucky enough, u can get a job 4rom where u did ur Youth Service. Like those of us datz skooling abroad, we r given the chance to choose the city we want to do it. itz a nice thing am looking forward to tongue

well, people in Nigeria can explain better esp. people who has done it b4
Re: Nysc Requirements by twinstaiye(m): 3:49pm On Jun 06, 2006
Well, hotstepper has said it. It is a compulsory service for every graduate in Nigeria. There is no military conscription in Nigeria but since 1973 graduates of Universities and later Polythecnics have been required to take part in the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) programme. Exemptions are allowed for people who are over the age of thirty at graduation or have previously served in the military.

Corp members are expected to serve in states other than their state of origin or where they went to university. Service is for a period of one year starting with an orientation camp which lasts about one month followed by deployment to a place of primary assignment which involves teaching at a school for about 70% of corps members. There is a "passing out ceremony" at the end of the primary assignment followed by one month of vacation.
Mostly, most employer demand your NYSC discharge certificate before they employ you, while some dont count it as much. It is a good scheme first started by the administration of General Yakubu Gowon in 1973. It has been helping a lot of our graduate especially when they leave school. You can read more about NYSC and other related matters in this
Re: Nysc Requirements by Garuba(m): 10:25pm On Jun 06, 2006
wow thas sweet that we get to choose our state cheesy definately going to chillin abuja or lagos tongue where there is light and water most of the time. Or i can find some jungle and teach village kids. lol.
Re: Nysc Requirements by uchie(f): 2:12am On Jun 07, 2006
Yeah, I live in Canada as well and am going for my youth service.
If u want to start in September I suggest you start making plans right now,
If u let the NYSC people allocate for u, u will probably end up working in a school ,
So if u want 2 work somewhere else, better start calling up ur people now! good luck
what school did u go 2?
Re: Nysc Requirements by Edken: 10:47am On Jun 07, 2006
Hi Hotstteper,
What part of Nnewi are u from?Am from Nnewi myself. Umudim to be precise. You feature very prominently on this forum. I will like to know u.

Sorry all, if i deviated from the subject.

Cheers
Re: Nysc Requirements by Hotstepper(f): 3:23am On Jun 13, 2006
@Edken , 10x 4 letting me know, am 4rom Uruagu tongue
Re: Nysc Requirements by vomme(m): 6:08am On Dec 11, 2007
I am indeed enlightened on the NYSC issue. I am very greatful for all those who contributed to the questions. I would like to know how to request for an exception letter from the NYSC since I am among the aged graduate becuase I am 35. I am presently doing my graduate programme in Thailand. Thanks.
Re: Nysc Requirements by ifyeve1(f): 11:03am On Dec 11, 2007
well doing youth service is compulsory when ua re within the age bracket and u think of future,. but when above age there is an alternative called exemption certificate. it still stands in for nysc cert. so know where u are and where u belong and where u are goin to goodluck.
Re: Nysc Requirements by vomme(m): 1:43pm On Dec 11, 2007
I would like to know the process involved in getting the letter of exception from NYSC. What are the required documents I needed to submit? Who do I meet? where do I meet the person? I am planning to come back to Nigeria come March 2008. I appreciate your contributions.

vomme.
Re: Nysc Requirements by ell77(f): 5:49pm On Jan 08, 2008
Re: Nysc Requirements by tjolawale: 7:25pm On Jan 08, 2008
if u are sure of what u saying then get in touch, service is a big deal and also not a big deal all depend
on you preferece. my no. 08052861576 iam in ABUJA
Re: Nysc Requirements by tonymakeke: 10:14am On Jan 09, 2008
nysc programme is very important exercise in nigeria and in the whole world to be precise.u must per-take in the event if ur age is not above 30 years.it is very easy event.if u are staying in abroad nd u want per-take in the febuary batch,hurry now call mr tony on 08035066170 for further assitance.
Re: Nysc Requirements by tonymakeke: 10:24am On Jan 09, 2008
if you are above 30 years ,you can call me for an assitance.hurry now and mr tony on 08035066170 or 094817959
Re: Nysc Requirements by ell77(f): 10:56am On Jan 09, 2008
hi i am trying to IM u, I am invisble as I have 15 people online who will make my computer crash! lol. you aren't responding.
Re: Nysc Requirements by gboye83: 11:36am On Jan 09, 2008
hi, i want to advise you based on the type of programme you did. I want to know if you did a part-time or full time programme. if you did a full time programme it is very necessary for you to do you youth service. But if you did a part time programme you will be given an exlcusion certifcate i.e you are not to take part in the NYSC programme smiley
Re: Nysc Requirements by tonymakeke: 11:47am On Jan 09, 2008
if you need my assitance ,call 08035066170,094817959,meanwhile check if you arte quilified to participate on the event by logging on to there wb sitehttp://www.nysc.gov.ng,
Re: Nysc Requirements by cuju: 4:17pm On Jan 09, 2008
@ Vomme
If you obtained your first degree before 30, u wont be exempted. those eligible for exemption are those that obtained their first degree while they were above 30 years.
Re: Nysc Requirements by tonymakeke: 4:26pm On Jan 14, 2008
This is to inform all foregin students that wants to participate in the 2008 (MARCH) batch A NYSC exercise that the Registration for march 2008 NYSC is still taken place.This are their requirement:-
1.ORIGINAL AND PHOTOCOPIES OF WASC/GCE RESULT.
2.OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT.
3.ORIGINAL NIGERIAN TRAVELLING PASSPORT AND PHOTOCOPIES OF 1-3 OF YOUR PASSPORT.
3.THREE PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPHS.
4.SCHOOL IDENTIFICATION CARD.

HURRY NOW IF YOU HAVE NOT REGISTARED.FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE ABOVE SUBJECT MATTER,YOU CALL ME ON 08035066170/094817959.YOU CAN IM ME FOR MORE ENQUIRES ON TONYMAKEKE@YAHHO.COM.
Re: Nysc Requirements by kaytye: 5:05pm On Jan 14, 2008
Throw your questions open for Youth corpers to answer. Get the current gists and info. Go to corpers forum.com. There are youth corpers currently in there. Am sure they will be glad to respond to your questions. Beware of false news and fraudsters that could cause you to loose your money. Visit www. corpers forum.com and get the real info from corpers that are currently serving.
Re: Nysc Requirements by H20(f): 8:01pm On Jan 14, 2008
Hello Garuba,

For more Info on NYSC, you are free to check their website, www.nysc.gov.ng. From there you can get all the necessary answers that you need,
Re: Nysc Requirements by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 13, 2008
Great opportunity to grab a free education in Sweden !!!

GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO GRAB TUITION FREE EDUCATION  IN SWEDEN!!!

LINDA EDUCARE (BN 2083526)

Who we are:  Linda Educare is a registered foremost educational consult that only carries out admission for Nigerian students that want to school in Europe.
What we do:  We are an educational consult  that help Nigerian student secure admission in foreign universities in Europe  in Sweden, Iceland & Ukraine to mention a few. Our track record of successful applicant will speak for us.
Our policy:   It is the job of Linda Educare to help you secure your admission letter for qualified candidates & also give you professional advice on visa procurement as well as to also follow up admission monitor of every applicants. We will like to sound that in the best interest to every applicant that they only provide original copies of their credentials unless they will be denied admission. We do not grantee visa procurement we only guide you on how to proceed for your visa application.
Our people:  We are well connected with our foreign contacts as we only interact with officials of the schools abroad. We also have a team that work round the clock to serve you better.

Our Seminars: We organize regular seminars in and outside Lagos to reach a wide range of people interested in our services. Below is our program schedule for our forthcoming seminar in Lagos venue.
Rita Lori Hotel, (V.I.P LOUNGE) Surulere, opposite NYSC secretariat, Lagos. Venue

22nd, 23rd and 24th  June, 2009. Dates

7am – 4pm. Time

*Please note admission letter for august 2009 admission is out. See database ;

DATABASE FOR SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS 2008/2009 SESSION (TO START LETURES BY AUGUST/SEPTEMBER 2009)

s/n Surnames Other names Phone nos./email addresses Admission status/courses Admitted for Name of University

1. Kanu Chukwuemeka Nnamdi 08063961234 International Business Marketing Dalarna University
2. Yusuf Ayodeji Kazeem 08033900294 International Tourism Managent Dalarna University
3. Echiwo Micheal Uchenna 08056413688 International Relation Malmo University
4. Ibenegbu Chike Donathus 08033154969 International Relation Malmo University
5. Ezegbu Chukwunwike Ezenwa 07030644128 International Tourism Managent Dalarna University
6. Iwuchukwu Chukwuemeka Chibuzor 07025880441 InternationalBusiness Marketing DalarnaUniversity
7 Ige Opeyemi olabisi 07026125822 International Business Marketing Dalarna University
8 Oduyela Samuel Oluwaseun 08076143488 Literature, Culture and Digital media Blekinge Institute of Technology
9 Okojie Michael Uhunoma 08070670645 Network Design and Computer Management Halmstard University
10 Nwokonta Emanuel Wesley ysley4real@yahoo.com
Software Engineering Managent Gothenborg University
11 Ozurumba Chukwudi Columbus 08038294998 International Business Marketing Dalarna University
12 Okolie Jude Ozuluonye 08060933285 International Business Management Malardalen University
13 Onyejiaka Chibuzor 08035036482, 08067751445 Bachelor Programme in Analytical Finance Malarddalen University
14 Ikemba John  Izuchukwu 019521734,08035747897
johnikemba@yahoo.com
Network design and Computer Management Halmstard University
15 Nwanze Chinedu Jeffrey 08037074283
donald4jesus@yahoo.com
International Business Management Dalarna University
16 Bako Ede Oluwemo Anthonia 08039146504 International Relation Malmo University
17 Ezeala Glory 08029138358,07031140527 International Tourism Management Dalarna University
18 Adeloye Stephen Bolaji 07034329636 International Relation Malmo University
19 Okwodu Jennifer Adaeze 08024553225
jennychick4real@yahoo.com
International Relation Malmo University

Application for January 2010 admission commences in the Month of June, 2009 hurry now as we have limited entry for January 2010.
NOTE: It is only English language course that is available for this application period. Anybody can study English language as long as you credited your English, Mathematics with any three other subjects in your O’ level Certificate(NECO or WAEC CERTIFICATE).
For further information contact;
Tel: 08083332876, 08034420718, 08062907584, 08085505078
Email:freeeducationinsweden@yahoo.com

NOTE: COME WITH THE FOLLOWING ITEMS FOR THE APPLICATION;
1. WAEC OR NECO CERTIFICATE (NOT YOUR STATEMENT OF RESULTS).
2. WAEC OR NECO SCRATCH CARD.
3. A PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH
4. A SMALL BROWN ENVELOP (N5 TYPE) AND

Further information and questions will be answered at the seminar venue.
Thanks for your co-operation.
Management.
Re: Nysc Requirements by phroxy: 11:31am On May 02, 2012
Goodday every body. This NYSC stuff of a thing,i am 30 yrs old now and will graduate in 2mnts time which is july, and i will be 31 by october 21 this same year. Want to know if i will still serve or not? Cos in NYSC site they wrote that "Only those who, at the time of graduation, are above 30 years old are exempted" dn't think i really understand the statement. help me out pls

(1) (Reply)

Peopleplus Recruiting 4 Zenithbank / Partake In This Weekly Politics/general Knowledge Quiz Competition To Win N,5000 / ARM Pension Calls For Submission Of Cv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.