Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,758 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off (27886 Views)

Medview Passengers Coming Out After Their Plane Made An Emergency Landing / Medview Plane Makes Emergency Air Return To Lagos / Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by Deschil: 2:20pm On Oct 05, 2013
Agagu has been vindicated! At least another plane has FINALLY had issues! Nigerians with BAD MOUTH!!! undecided
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by Lordave: 2:29pm On Oct 05, 2013
Is that an international airport?
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by drstan(m): 2:29pm On Oct 05, 2013
Neduzze5:

So boring... It has no essence. Please rephrase and try again next time!!
you said boring but the you check how many likes the comment, and your?
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by achovirux(m): 2:30pm On Oct 05, 2013
Neduzze5:

Are u crying??
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by dalynch(f): 2:30pm On Oct 05, 2013
grin[quote author=Neduzze5]

So boring... It has no essence. Please rephrase and try again next time!![/ ;Dquote. Is nt boring pls, is funny jare.
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by Opeyemi1525(f): 2:32pm On Oct 05, 2013
thank God for their lives.but something needs to be done to end all these
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 05, 2013
preshuzpearl: Ember distaster months activated.. the worst is yet to come. And you reading this, yes you, you could be next. death is probably knocking at your door so put your house in order.
who's this? Open door for am, its knocking on your door. M.um.u

1 Like

Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by Rejoice5000(f): 2:36pm On Oct 05, 2013
Another crash in making
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by SHAAWA: 2:36pm On Oct 05, 2013
LoL,

O Lord! I beg of You all good things, O Lord! open the gates of all what
is good for me, make me breath my last in a state of goodness,
grant me a strong passion for meeting You in a condition which does not amounr to an affliction or ordeal, It should be of a blessed servant with his Lord.

[quote
author=preshuzpearl]Ember distaster months activated.. the worst is yet
to come. And you reading this, yes you, you could be next. death is
probably knocking at your door so put your house in order. [/quote]
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by Rejoice5000(f): 2:39pm On Oct 05, 2013
Another crash in making, all this polijujuans una never go rest,agagu that went with innocent blood citizens never do una.
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by Mekanus(m): 2:43pm On Oct 05, 2013
Sometimes i hate how fellow nigerians react to issues. Why call the devil when our predicaments always comes from our carelessness and treating most issues with levity. Aircrafts are not maintained in this country and when they eventually crash somebody will come here and say that it is blood suckers. We really need to change the way think
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by kunlex445(m): 2:45pm On Oct 05, 2013
may Allah protect us
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by mbulela: 2:45pm On Oct 05, 2013
Larry Tay: Lord have Mercy! The year is running to an end and the devil is seeking for more blood to suck! By the Grace of God, no more evil in our land and we shall not weep over any loved ones in Jesus Name (Amen)
so the devil does not seek for blood at the beginning of the year? Or is there an allotted quota of blood for the year?
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by Sexxymom(f): 2:56pm On Oct 05, 2013
Since plain no safe again, na trekking sure pass oooo Even to uk, canada when we reach red sea ,na 2 call moses number... Abeg who get moses number, i don almost reach..
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 05, 2013
I listened on Oct 1 to hear the announcement of the new national carrier, otu awu eshi! I actually flew from Abj to Phc on Oct 1, I no see the four new airlines which aviation minister promised to launch on independence day. Abi na for Aso rock, the planes park?

1 Like

Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by searay(m): 3:02pm On Oct 05, 2013
RIP to the dead
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by Umbro01(m): 3:03pm On Oct 05, 2013
kunlex445: may Allah protect us
Amin
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by jhidey08(m): 3:03pm On Oct 05, 2013
smothly: May God continues to guide his own people oh
and he'll continues helping us speak/write gud english.
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by baby124: 3:10pm On Oct 05, 2013
Let them sack their person in charge of buying/procurement of tires if it is new. Somebody probably bought china tire and stole the money allocated. When it comes to a business that involves life, forget about stealing or being cheap. Those bad products will cost you more money in the end
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by Symphony007: 3:14pm On Oct 05, 2013
manny4life:

My brother, it will serve you best to STOP acting that you know it all because it wouldn't help your cause. American Airlines has more than 5,000+ flights daily, the U.S. has more 85,000+ flights daily, so in your perfect wisdom, FAA inspectors inspects each flight? Who's the bigger fooll? My advice, quit saying stuff you know nothing about. Every airline has a maintenance program, from time to time, FAA will ground certain airplanes, and inspect them before putting them back to service but to claim that they inspect aircraft before each flight shows how smart you really are.

Whether I live in Nigeria or not is irrelevant, one thing about you is that you love to argue. Runway inspectors inspecting runways before takeoff, are you really this smart? Where will these inspectors be located at? On the side of the runway? Don't you know every minute wasted is translates to lost $$$? If one flight doesn't depart on time, it will miss its connecting flight?

JFK for instance clears about 10 flights (arrival and departure) every 5mins or less, this is what you claim they drive around to inspect the runway before every flight? cheesy cheesy cheesy Do you know aircraft leave streaks of small cloud/powerful wave energy upon landing and departure, that ATC doesn't clear a smaller aircraft for takeoff right after a larger one has left, then it's a truck that's besides the runway waiting to inspect the runway before every takeoff, more so, it highly dangerous to seat by the runway waiting to inspect runways and violates ALL FAA rules...indeed you're a lil kid. Go and rest.

Bros, GO AND READ the accident report again, perhaps, Nat Geo is good in annoying air accidents. There is a good reason why that case hasn't been resolved. However, if you want detailed incident of what happened, I'll be more than glad to share with you not this generic explanation.

Again, ask any pilot in the house, it is the responsibility of the pilots to perform flight checks/walk around before departure which includes checking the tires for scratches, dents, marks, and importantly has enough pressure, testing the flight controls (ailerons, flaps, etc) and making sure it's moving properly, etc. When pilots see issues, they call the mechanic on ground to inspect the problem.

Save your argument because I know you love to argue. grin grin
i love to argue sensible things, with sensible people, this should put you in your place.

http://www.pprune.org/atc-issues/159488-routine-runway-inspections-active-runway.html

http://www.csmonitor.com/world/global-news/2010/0202/what-caused-the-2000-concorde-crash

Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by MichaelSokoto(m): 3:17pm On Oct 05, 2013
Abdul Adam56: Again?wats going on with this country naija?
GEJ's leadership iz goin on
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by nora544: 3:18pm On Oct 05, 2013
tyres exploded immediately after take off.

When this happen than the plane cannot look like this, sorry.

The airport have to put a foamcarpet.

Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by 3ace(m): 3:33pm On Oct 05, 2013
Gwekzy: All Dis naija aircrafts re older dan my granny...
Oga abeg, that is not the problem under this circumstance. Emergency landing happens all over the world as a result of tyre bust. It has happened in US before in case you must know.
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by manny4life(m): 3:34pm On Oct 05, 2013
Symphony007: i love to argue sensible things, with sensible people, this should put you in your place.

http://www.pprune.org/atc-issues/159488-routine-runway-inspections-active-runway.html

http://www.csmonitor.com/world/global-news/2010/0202/what-caused-the-2000-concorde-crash

You right bout that, time to quit arguing with you

First link: an aviation forum with random opinions, how about you quote NL as valid source next time you're looking for validated information. Below is a very nice comment from the link

At our airport, routine runway inspections can happen at any time, with the vehicle calling up as it is approaching [size=14pt]the holding point[/size]. [size=14pt]It doesn't have priority over aircraft and will be fiited in between movements[/size]. Aircraft on the approach can have landing clearance delayed until the last minute to squeeze a runway inspection in and there is no reason why one can't be done as a departing aircraft is in the process of lining up.[size=16pt] If need be, do the inspection in bits[/size].

This should free your mind - inspections aren't done after every flight, with emphasis on "IF NEED BE", there goes your argument of performing an inspection after every flight...lol grin grin grin grin

Second link: Please come up with a better argument, what papers write and what NTSB releases are two different things. Go to NTSB and get their information, till then, all na hot air.

1 Like

Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by 3ace(m): 3:37pm On Oct 05, 2013
dgifted:

Its not boring.... bad belle... go form ur own joke if u think its easy
No mind am. Dem plenty for this site. It is people like this that will envy you for no reason because you have become successful in life. I know them when they make such posts. Enemy of progress.
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by durtman: 3:37pm On Oct 05, 2013
Decryptor: Lagos to Akure...now Sokoto to Saudi...It shall not be our potion in the SE Amen!

Racist,tribalist mo**er,f***r

1 Like

Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by 3ace(m): 3:39pm On Oct 05, 2013
confetti: Which tyres the plane take land?
groovie:

i was wondering how a plane will successfully land with burst tyres
felifeli:

Fake news. If the tyres exploded after take off then how did it land in Sokoto ? Please stop peddling fear.
wrench: How Did The Plane Land? :|
It's possible. I suspect that plane has 16
tyres and if just one of the tyres busted, it is
very possible. Even if two tyres busted, the
plane can still make a smooth landing. This
is not really an emergency
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by manny4life(m): 3:40pm On Oct 05, 2013
Another comment again

Runway Inspections at LHR are done 4 times a day plus at any other times that ATC or Airfield ops request it.

There are no set times but at LHR they tend to be mid morning mid afternoon ( slightly earlier in the winter so you have daylight) at night and a "first light" inspection which includes all turn offs and takes longer which is usually before the first movements.

All inspections are recorded by Video

The night inspection is just a quick inspection checking the lights for outages and can be done very quickly. The daylight routine inspections are done at 20mph and at Heathrow any runway inspection is done with 2 members of staff.

At night if we get a report of debris then we may use 2 vehicles with 2 staff in each as it is quicker to get the runway back to ATC instead of 1 vehicle doing a couple of runs either side of the centreline.

All inspections are done between movements and in all weathers including Low Viz. Although this takes longer because the team need to clear the LSA before calling vacated. The "checker" team at heathrow also have a transponder fitted to help ATC There is very good liasion between ATC controllers and the inspection teams and the quicker ATC get the guys on the runway the quicker they can get back to dealing with aircraft only. [size=16pt]Inspections at Heathrow can take from 20 mins to 50 minutes depending on the flow of aircraft and the gaps between aircraft types[/size].
The ATC guys at LHR may whish to add their comments

So much for inspection is performed after each flight...

The same thing I told you in my post, here is the commenter saying same thing "gaps between aircraft types", there's a good reason why ATC doesn't clear a 747 and then clear a 737 or regional at the same time..Let alone a mere truck performing inspection...

You just love to argue, STOP IT, it's not gonna help you.

1 Like

Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by 3ace(m): 3:40pm On Oct 05, 2013
WhoDeyThere: abeg wetin be 'SE'?
Sony Ericsson.
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by 3ace(m): 3:49pm On Oct 05, 2013
Neduzze5:

Abeg, free the guy joor, he's not responsible for your sadness.
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by bosmanfaithy: 3:52pm On Oct 05, 2013
d man no wanna becom story lik others
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by ewizard1: 4:42pm On Oct 05, 2013
SMH!!! This is Nairaland! Everybody is struggling to be relevant! cry
Just like on twitter... If you think say you get 1million star, come dey form. I trust some yilori tweeps. They will drop ya stars to 0!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Describes What Happened When He Prayed Traditional Prayer In A Bus / Couple Dies In Sokoto Auto Crash (Photos) / Lagos Bans Interstate Vehicles along Ikorodu Road.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.