Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off (27887 Views)

Medview Passengers Coming Out After Their Plane Made An Emergency Landing / Medview Plane Makes Emergency Air Return To Lagos / Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by Fantacy1(m): 12:52pm On Oct 05, 2013
God ve mercy
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by docjuli(m): 12:52pm On Oct 05, 2013
achovirux: BREAKING NEWS: ASUU
ASUU Executives Were Called For A Meeting In The UK... So They All Met At The Muritala Mohammed
International Airport In Lagos...
While They Were Seated And Relaxed In The Plane, They Were Informed That The Plane Was Built
By A Group Of Students From Nigeria's Universities And The Plane Was On Its First Experimental Trip... They All Ran Out Of The Plane, Except One Person, When He Was Asked By The Other Staff, His Reason For Remaining, He Said "If It Is Made By Our Students, It Will Not Even Start...

lol
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by alaladakosta(f): 12:54pm On Oct 05, 2013
so this carrier wey shina peter take sing for early 90s still dey? oga oooo.
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by bunmila(f): 12:57pm On Oct 05, 2013
Neduzze5:

So boring... It has no essence. Please rephrase and try again next time!!
I thought it was funny.
Let's hear yours

3 Likes

Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by manny4life(m): 12:59pm On Oct 05, 2013
Symphony007: That is why i always say that painting a airport and putting new tiles is not renovation. A lot more has to go into aircraft inspection. Are planes that take off in nigeria adequately inspected before takeoff? How often are the runways in nigerian airports cleaned? A piece of plastic the size of your pinky finger,that fell from another plane is what crashed a concord jet fron paris in 2000. These are extremely essential and i don't think the nigeria government has paid enough attention to this.

What has airport got to do with airplanes? Stick to the topic.

It's the pilots (two of them) responsibility to perform a pre-flight inspection on their aircraft before departure checking tire for scratches, dents, pressure, etc

You're asking how often are the runway cleaned? In what world do you live in? How often do you think they should be cleaned?

No that wasn't what caused the Concourse crash, it aided in it, but there was a lot if interconnected issues that led to the crash.
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by Excellent7(m): 1:01pm On Oct 05, 2013
smoosh15: The devil is a liar

Which devil
Why blame the devil for our inefficiencies?
Accidents are not a one time event, they are more due to a sequence of errors!
The way we Nigerians are always keen to shift "any and every" blame to the devil, I think the dude must be damn mad with us!! grin Possibly shouting those guys are bloody liars grin grin

On a serious note, after critically analysing the aviation sector in Naija in the light of corruption, sharp practices, and lack lustre attitude to duties, I had placed on myself a personal moratorium for 4 years running now on flying in Naija or on local airlines. Unfortunately, I still have family and friends that do not share my convictions or fears.

Imagine over three accidents I have not seen or heard of the accident report. Imagine the Dana crash and nasty things regarding the payment of compensation to relations of victims. I was pissed when I read of double speak on payment terms ( as par per family or per accident victim)!

Let no one say am not patriotic, I am just being realistic, and not interested in being a victim or blaming any devil.
The truth is that most if not all of these occurrences can be prevented and/or avoided, but are symptoms of the level of rot in our national structures, physche and sectors (educational, public, health etc.). The observed high manifestation of these symptoms in the aviation sector is due to the fact that this sector is designed for close tolerances and very allergic to very slight abuses in systems and processes.

1 Like

Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by smithjanetstore: 1:05pm On Oct 05, 2013
haaaaaa nija what is happening in this country GOODLUCK DON TURN BADLUCK she dadan ni ki oje presidentiii nii wahala wa ooo
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by jentlsoul: 1:06pm On Oct 05, 2013
Otenestbestyaho: U pple are hapy dat they all survived,pple going 2 be trianed in TERROR act 2 bomb churches and christians, i wish all of them(400+) were killed and burnt beyound any recognition in REVENGE 4 does CHRISTIANS killed by boko haram, i dnt and i wil never 4give muslims
no man is capable to destroy a sour without God permission.
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by choice393(f): 1:07pm On Oct 05, 2013
God have mercy on us.
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by WhoDeyThere(m): 1:13pm On Oct 05, 2013
Decryptor: Lagos to Akure...now Sokoto to Saudi...It shall not be our potion in the SE Amen!
abeg wetin be 'SE'?

1 Like

Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by b03liberty(m): 1:15pm On Oct 05, 2013
preshuzpearl: Ember distaster months activated.. the worst is yet to come. And you reading this, yes you, you could be next. death is probably knocking at your door so put your house in order.
..did Ember months created by devil or why painting my months of breakthru black wit ur blak mind
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by felifeli: 1:15pm On Oct 05, 2013
dani1luv:

Another plane crash was averted this morning in Sokoko when a Saudi bound Kabo Air plane carrying 400 passengers from Kano made an emergency landing at the Sir Abubakar III international Airport when its tyres exploded immediately after take off.

The Boeing 747 jumbo jet, left Kano on Friday en route Saudi Arabia but had to divert to Sokoto when the incident happened.

DailyPost learnt that all the passengers aboard the airline had been successfully evacuated from the plane and lodged in a hotel in the state. This is coming barely 72 hours after an Embraer aircraft belonging to Associated Airlines with registration number, 5N-BIT crashed in Lagos shortly after take-off from the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos.

The 30-seater aircraft had 20 passengers on board including seven crew members on board and the remains of former Ondo State governor, Olusegun Agagu crashed about 9:30am, killing 13.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/10/05/breaking-400-passengers-escape-death-as-saudi-bound-jet-makes-emergency-landing-in-sokoto-after-tyres-explode/

Fake news. If the tyres exploded after take off then how did it land in Sokoto ? Please stop peddling fear.
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by princeonx: 1:18pm On Oct 05, 2013
confetti: Which tyres the plane take land?
I guess they changed to the spare in mid air!
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 05, 2013
pleeeaasssssse pleeeaasssssse pleeeaasssssse read this

www.nairaland.com/1465612/shocking-article-nigerian-leadersis-there

It'll be worth it I promise
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by Symphony007: 1:23pm On Oct 05, 2013
manny4life:

What has airport got to do with airplanes? Stick to the topic.

It's the pilots (two of them) responsibility to perform a pre-flight inspection on their aircraft before departure checking tire for scratches, dents, pressure, etc

You're asking how often are the runway cleaned? In what world do you live in? How often do you think they should be cleaned?

No that wasn't what caused the Concourse crash, it aided in it, but there was a lot if interconnected issues that led to the crash.
don't let me call you a fool. It is the responsibility of two pilots of inspect the tires, engines, gears, and everything associated with passanger jumbo jet? You see how you think? Or maybe it's because you live in nigeria where everything goes. If you actually travel, you'll realise that the in a country like the u.s and other developed countries. Agencies like the FAA, have teams of aircraft inspectors who are trained to certify every inch of a plane before it takes off.

Once again, it's because you live in nigeria, go find out how other countries manage airports. Their are teams of runway inspectors who drive along runways between flight take offs to clear it of any dirt of plastic and make sure stuff like the bird sirens are working fine.

The concord flight that too off from charles d'gaulle hit a plastic fragment on the runway which created a dent on the gas tank. The tank started leaking fuel and when the plane was in the air, it caught fire, burnt for a while and crashed.
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by AKMoney1(m): 1:27pm On Oct 05, 2013
Look I'm tired of plane crash/fault news ok? Una no wan make i travel commot naija again ni? Abeg stop it if na joke ok? angry
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by hammedkola(m): 1:27pm On Oct 05, 2013
OK
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by everyday: 1:27pm On Oct 05, 2013
thank God no one was hurt
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by basty: 1:37pm On Oct 05, 2013
Nigeria. A failed state
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by phemybof(m): 1:39pm On Oct 05, 2013
yerima11: Thank God for their lives. Allahu Akbar'
folorunso to nfoku ogedd gu ope
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 05, 2013
confetti: Which tyres the plane take land?

i installed emergency tyres on it in the air...
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by manny4life(m): 1:45pm On Oct 05, 2013
Symphony007: don't let me call you a fool. It is the responsibility of two pilots of inspect the tires, engines, gears, and everything associated with passanger jumbo jet? You see how you think? Or maybe it's because you live in nigeria where everything goes. If you actually travel, you'll realise that the in a country like the u.s and other developed countries. Agencies like the FAA, have teams of aircraft inspectors who are trained to certify every inch of a plane before it takes off.

Once again, it's because you live in nigeria, go find out how other countries manage airports. Their are teams of runway inspectors who drive along runways between flight take offs to clear it of any dirt of plastic and make sure stuff like the bird sirens are working fine.

The concord flight that too off from charles d'gaulle hit a plastic fragment on the runway which created a dent on the gas tank. The tank started leaking fuel and when the plane was in the air, it caught fire, burnt for a while and crashed.

My brother, it will serve you best to STOP acting that you know it all because it wouldn't help your cause. American Airlines has more than 5,000+ flights daily, the U.S. has more 85,000+ flights daily, so in your perfect wisdom, FAA inspectors inspects each flight? Who's the bigger fooll? My advice, quit saying stuff you know nothing about. Every airline has a maintenance program, from time to time, FAA will ground certain airplanes, and inspect them before putting them back to service but to claim that they inspect aircraft before each flight shows how smart you really are.

Whether I live in Nigeria or not is irrelevant, one thing about you is that you love to argue. Runway inspectors inspecting runways before takeoff, are you really this smart? Where will these inspectors be located at? On the side of the runway? Don't you know every minute wasted is translates to lost $$$? If one flight doesn't depart on time, it will miss its connecting flight?

JFK for instance clears about 10 flights (arrival and departure) every 5mins or less, this is what you claim they drive around to inspect the runway before every flight? cheesy cheesy cheesy Do you know aircraft leave streaks of small cloud/powerful wave energy upon landing and departure, that ATC doesn't clear a smaller aircraft for takeoff right after a larger one has left, then it's a truck that's besides the runway waiting to inspect the runway before every takeoff, more so, it highly dangerous to seat by the runway waiting to inspect runways and violates ALL FAA rules...indeed you're a lil kid. Go and rest.

Bros, GO AND READ the accident report again, perhaps, Nat Geo is good in annoying air accidents. There is a good reason why that case hasn't been resolved. However, if you want detailed incident of what happened, I'll be more than glad to share with you not this generic explanation.

Again, ask any pilot in the house, it is the responsibility of the pilots to perform flight checks/walk around before departure which includes checking the tires for scratches, dents, marks, and importantly has enough pressure, testing the flight controls (ailerons, flaps, etc) and making sure it's moving properly, etc. When pilots see issues, they call the mechanic on ground to inspect the problem.

Save your argument because I know you love to argue. grin grin
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by simdam500(m): 1:47pm On Oct 05, 2013
Nigeria.... ah ah ah... seriously i Love my country... Good one Pilot *nice save* grin
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by Stunner1(f): 1:50pm On Oct 05, 2013
May God help us in this country
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by DMainMan: 1:52pm On Oct 05, 2013
Alhamdullilah
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 05, 2013
Alhamdulillahi Rabili Alamin.
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by victorious1986: 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2013
guys its high time we repent and turn to God and pray ernestly for ourselves and our country
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by ogbronx(m): 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2013
Jcob: We keep trusting God to help us, unfortunately, heaven helps those who help themselves. Emancipate yourself from wrong leadership. High time we took to the streets in one accord!
true talk.
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by ogbronx(m): 2:02pm On Oct 05, 2013
basty: Nigeria. A failed state
Indeed! only fools fail to realise this.
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by wrench: 2:06pm On Oct 05, 2013
How Did The Plane Land? :|
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by Lilimax(f): 2:12pm On Oct 05, 2013
preshuzpearl: Ember distaster months activated.. the worst is yet to come. And you reading this, yes you, you could be next. death is probably knocking at your door so put your house in order.
hope u are not a prohetess of doom
Re: Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off by caukerzee(m): 2:17pm On Oct 05, 2013
Jcob: We keep trusting God to help us, unfortunately, heaven helps those who help themselves. Emancipate yourself from wrong leadership. High time we took to the streets in one accord!
What the f**k are you saying? What has this got to do with leadership?? Accidental Tire busts happen all over the world. Our leaders are not gods to prevent such happenings. And No, this has got nothing to do with mentanance. Even the concord, the plane with the best safety record crased as a result of a tire bust. Please give the leadership some air for once.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Describes What Happened When He Prayed Traditional Prayer In A Bus / Couple Dies In Sokoto Auto Crash (Photos) / Lagos Bans Interstate Vehicles along Ikorodu Road.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.