Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Picture Of Abiola, Tukur And Yaradua Back In The Days - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture Of Abiola, Tukur And Yaradua Back In The Days (37658 Views)

Throwback Pics Of Abiola Arriving Court In 1994 After Being Charged Wit Treason / Susan Rice Possible Killer Of Abiola And Abacha - Chief Femi Fani-kayode / Sagay, Others Differ Over Renaming Of UNILAG In Honour Of Abiola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Abiola, Tukur And Yaradua Back In The Days by eaglechild: 6:40am On Oct 07, 2013
obo_man: I have this feeling that Abiola was a charismatic man even though I never met him....

Story of Africa= Always creating strong men, not strong institutions.
Keep your feelings to yourself.
Re: Picture Of Abiola, Tukur And Yaradua Back In The Days by SlimShawty(f): 6:43am On Oct 07, 2013
Come o,did the mods hide my last post? ? Did I insult anyone or break any rules?

Na wa oo.
Re: Picture Of Abiola, Tukur And Yaradua Back In The Days by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 07, 2013
cKaiser:
[size=18pt]
You people with your lies and stuupid Sentiments

Kalu Idika Kalu was Minister of Finance, Walter Ibekwe Ofonagoro was Minister of Information [/size]

I remember those 2 at least aside Jim Nwobodo

Those people are born into crude propaganda......that is why the Ministry of dis -information have always been their exclusive preserve... grin

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Abiola, Tukur And Yaradua Back In The Days by Kululuwa: 6:58am On Oct 07, 2013
Aigipan:

how come all the people you saw are from the same religion .
isnt that contradicting the second line of your post? wink

He didn't see it, you saw it.
Re: Picture Of Abiola, Tukur And Yaradua Back In The Days by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 07, 2013
obo_man: I have this feeling that Abiola was a charismatic man even though I never met him....

Story of Africa= Always creating strong men, not strong institutions.

Indeed he was.....one of the greatest philanthropist that ever walked on the surface of the earth.
Re: Picture Of Abiola, Tukur And Yaradua Back In The Days by girlsmoney: 7:40am On Oct 07, 2013
musa ajebor: Who be dat nd man with goodluck cap for front.
So e don tay wey dem dey wear resource control cap.
lolz but u re just a church rat cheesy
Re: Picture Of Abiola, Tukur And Yaradua Back In The Days by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 07, 2013
claremont: The guy with beads around his neck is the great Chief Gabriel Igbinedion, a living legend from Benin city, Edo state. He is also the father of the immediate past Governor of Edo state, Chief Lucky Nosakhare Igbinedion.

ProudlyEdotill6ftdeep.com! grin
. U are very correct,that is the esama of benin kingdom,
Re: Picture Of Abiola, Tukur And Yaradua Back In The Days by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 07, 2013
the man in blue attire is chief igbinedion, esama of benin
Re: Picture Of Abiola, Tukur And Yaradua Back In The Days by toprealman: 8:24am On Oct 07, 2013
Headline should be......Pics of men who held Nigeria to ransom!
Re: Picture Of Abiola, Tukur And Yaradua Back In The Days by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 07, 2013
Looking @ this pic,there's no different from now,same corrupt Politicians then,are still ruling us today. The only difference now,is the facts we the govern,has come of age und the introduction of social media is helping us to voice out our anger period.
Re: Picture Of Abiola, Tukur And Yaradua Back In The Days by LajaLaba: 8:32am On Oct 07, 2013
cKaiser:
[size=18pt]
You people with your lies and stuupid Sentiments

Kalu Idika Kalu was Minister of Finance, Walter Ibekwe Ofonagoro was Minister of Information [/size]

I remember those 2 at least aside Jim Nwobodo
Tell them ma bro
Re: Picture Of Abiola, Tukur And Yaradua Back In The Days by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 07, 2013
ilugunboy:

Those people are born into crude propaganda......that is why the Ministry of dis -information have always been their exclusive preserve... grin
i bet u bloody saharan still constipating n brooding over da fact tha Dora hit u hunk heels on da balls so hard when she was there n spoke boldly,huh?
U seem to fancy whistling from da hole down south central behind so much...keep brooding like da sick hen, 2day might be ur lucky day 4 u n tha old empty vessel making da loudest noice competing with da hyenas n jackals 2 da laughs n giggles up there ^ n down below to lay 1 or 2 eggs,man....
Re: Picture Of Abiola, Tukur And Yaradua Back In The Days by anishe(m): 8:52am On Oct 07, 2013
musa ajebor: Who be dat nd man with goodluck cap for front.
So e don tay wey dem dey wear resource control cap.

I think that's our GEJ Jonathan (a.k.a Retardinho) bur it seems they never born Jonathan that time o. End time things.

No backlash please it is Monday morning oo

Re: Picture Of Abiola, Tukur And Yaradua Back In The Days by youngice(m): 9:02am On Oct 07, 2013
Politics in nigeria have always been biased and religion based ,what do u tink caused d civil war
Re: Picture Of Abiola, Tukur And Yaradua Back In The Days by MacLovington(m): 9:02am On Oct 07, 2013
ochejoseph: WHEN POLITICS WAS ABOUT WHAT AN INDIVIDUAL COULD OFFER, NO ETHNIC OR RELIGIOUS SENTIMENTS

You must be very young. You were possibly not born yet in the second republic and perhaps very young in third republic.

Ethnic and religious bigotry in politics has always been there. Worse since 1970s. In fact since Biafra war.

What united them was corruption, quest for power and born-to-rule mantra. If any of them had anything to offer we won't be where we're now. You don't have to live till 100 years to make a difference.

Granted Abiola was a superbly intelligent guy with uncommon business acumen BUT his ITT corruption history, buying delegates' vote in presidential primary and coup sponsorship cast great doubt over him.
Re: Picture Of Abiola, Tukur And Yaradua Back In The Days by idrezee(m): 9:05am On Oct 07, 2013
gboso1ne: Thief,ole,barawo,oji
oji's Igala, hope u aint my brother
Re: Picture Of Abiola, Tukur And Yaradua Back In The Days by burkutu: 9:07am On Oct 07, 2013
ochejoseph: WHEN POLITICS WAS ABOUT WHAT AN INDIVIDUAL COULD OFFER, NO ETHNIC OR RELIGIOUS SENTIMENTS

op, u are deluded if you think 'ethnic or religious sentiments' politics is a recent thing. that kind of politics started in the 60s. read our history abeg.
Re: Picture Of Abiola, Tukur And Yaradua Back In The Days by ddeola: 9:16am On Oct 07, 2013
I wish Nigerians understand that your ethnic group or religion does not matter when it comes to moving the country forward. This nonsense called ethnicity and religion when it comes to leadership MUST stop. Let's vote for those who really deserve it and have what it takes to move the country forward. Nigeria is bigger than anyone's selfish ambition
Re: Picture Of Abiola, Tukur And Yaradua Back In The Days by mnaass(m): 9:21am On Oct 07, 2013
esama of benin(gabriel igbinidion) is also in their mix who z a christian

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Abiola, Tukur And Yaradua Back In The Days by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 07, 2013
mnaass: esama of benin(gabriel igbinidion) is also in their mix who z a christian

He is not a Christian.

He is a native doctor grin

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Abiola, Tukur And Yaradua Back In The Days by obayaya(m): 9:27am On Oct 07, 2013
a picture of this nature can also be taken in this dispensation. you can't say they weren't tribal politicians just from this pix. the truth is that right from 1958, Nigerian politicians have always sold their popularity along tribal lines
Re: Picture Of Abiola, Tukur And Yaradua Back In The Days by eaglechild: 9:28am On Oct 07, 2013
ilugunboy:

Indeed he was.....one of the greatest philanthropist that ever walked on the surface of the earth.
He (Abiola) was just like any other politician, who stole funds to enrich himself.
Even your revered Fela said so.
Wake up and face the truth.
Re: Picture Of Abiola, Tukur And Yaradua Back In The Days by obayaya(m): 9:35am On Oct 07, 2013
the problem with today's Nigeria is that we've swallowed all the emotional fallacious stories our father told us without investigating. and we live in suspicion of the neighbouring ethnic group. and we are in the danger of transmitting those fallacious suspicions to our children.

like Martin Luther King said, "I have a dream that my four little children will be judged not by the color of their skin (not by their tribe in the case of Nigeria ) but by the content of their characters"
Re: Picture Of Abiola, Tukur And Yaradua Back In The Days by aigbeedo(m): 9:37am On Oct 07, 2013
i can also see OSAWARU IGBENEDION the ESAMA OF BENIN KINGDOM there also. he is the man wearing the yoruba attire wit a wide smile.
Re: Picture Of Abiola, Tukur And Yaradua Back In The Days by obayaya(m): 9:40am On Oct 07, 2013
Slim Shawty: Come o,did the mods hide my last post? ? Did I insult anyone or break any rules?

Na wa oo.

One of the mods is probably eyeing you
Re: Picture Of Abiola, Tukur And Yaradua Back In The Days by hollypagan: 9:45am On Oct 07, 2013
ilugunboy:

that abiola is a devil ,do you know how many coup he sponsored in nigeria and out side .he is one of people that start to loot our money,i tell you guys he sponsored to kill samuel doe after huge amount was paid in his wife account ,he brought out 10 million dollars to over throw idi amin,he sponsored babagida to over threw buhari ,even shagari ,let him go to hell.i still believe theirs alot of sentiment in nigeria politics since humanbeing and cows were joint together even those british knew such will happened

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mudiaga Asagba Is Dead (Omo-Agege's Media Aide) / Governor Obiano Poses In Cowboy Hat (Photo) / Solomon Dalung: Why I Wear Khaki Uniform, Red Beret

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.