Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Do You Have An Ex - Best Friend Or Friend??? Why Did You Write Him/her Off - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Have An Ex - Best Friend Or Friend??? Why Did You Write Him/her Off (1109 Views)

My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me / What My Bro Did To An Ex (classic Blast) / Ma Boyfriend Will Break Up With Me If I Dont Write Him A Love Poem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Have An Ex - Best Friend Or Friend??? Why Did You Write Him/her Off by chineloSA(f): 10:05pm On Oct 06, 2013
Do you have an ex best friend? What happened? What made you to write-off the person? Did you reconcile? What did you learn from the situation?

In my case, it was a friend of mine. We were really as thick as thieves. Our families knew each other, I was her MAID OF HONOUR at her wedding, I was there,during her pregnencies, when her 2 kids were born, when she graduated with her first( undergraduate degree), second degree ( masters), marital problems as a friend etc.

She was doing her Phd and she had some difficulties with regards to her supervisor, who was supervising her Phd programme.
She came to me, telling me she wanted to quit the programme after having spent 4yrs on her complicated Thesis. As a friend I was so concerned that I refused to accept that she was going to waist time just like that and make her enemy win ( her Professor ). I tried advising her as much as I could, but my advice fell on deaf ears, she cancelled the programme.

I then invited one of our friends (friend # 2 ) who was also busy with her Phd to talk to her as she would understand since they were both on the same level of study and pour some sense into those deaf ears regarding quitting. As requested friend #2 picked up the phone ( since we all live in different cities ) and spoke to her. She listened and pretended like the advice was the best.

Immediately after ( friend #2 ) dropped the phone, my friend called me and was so mean to me. She fought me saying that I had no right talking about her biz to friend #2.

Her exact words were " You had no right discussing about my business with your friend ( who is her friend as well ). If I needed help I was going to ask her for help. In fact who do you think you are? You are a nobody". undecided undecided She continued saying alot of hurtful things, and I listened

I immediately apologized and asked for forgiveness for talking to friend #2. I explained how concerned I was about her.

I then asked that we end our friendship at that time, no notice period, nothing. What made me do that was her statement "In fact who do you think you are? You are a nobody" It was so hurting,I never expected that from her.

I then became clear to me that I may have been her friend because she felt that I was a nobody. I had to write-her-off at that time.

Its been two years now, hurt as I was. I still miss her, but life has to go on. I hope we both find peace, though she will miss my important milestones ( wedding, kids, graduations etc ) even though I didn't miss hers.

Our families never bothered to intervene and THANK GOD for that.

The best that came out of our situation is that she eventually re-instated her programme which she had cancelled and fought the bull by its horns. She graduated with her Phd this year. Ironically she called friend #2 to inform her.

I am glad that on trying to prove her point to me, she made it. Even though we are never ever gonna be friends again, but I am glad I was a motivation somehow. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Do You Have An Ex - Best Friend Or Friend??? Why Did You Write Him/her Off by NnamdiN: 6:24am On Oct 07, 2013
I have never had a best friend. No one ever graduates to that level, they always fail one important test or the other. I'm better off on my own.

1 Like

Re: Do You Have An Ex - Best Friend Or Friend??? Why Did You Write Him/her Off by greedie1(f): 10:10am On Oct 07, 2013
i came close to having a bestie twice but it didn't work out. we are now friendly strangers.

was it my fault? maybe. they exhibited certain traits i detest and i value my principles more dan any friendship

im not cut out to have best friends or close friends. i do ok with acquaintances
Re: Do You Have An Ex - Best Friend Or Friend??? Why Did You Write Him/her Off by chineloSA(f): 6:26pm On Oct 07, 2013
NnamdiN: I have never had a best friend. No one ever graduates to that level, they always fail one important test or the other. I'm better off on my own.

Really, since childhoood, no close friend ? Very odd.

Hope you get a friend in your spouse. A friend is something good to have.
Re: Do You Have An Ex - Best Friend Or Friend??? Why Did You Write Him/her Off by chineloSA(f): 6:30pm On Oct 07, 2013
gree-die:
i came close to having a bestie twice but it didn't work out. we are now friendly strangers.

was it my fault? maybe. they exhibited certain traits i detest and i value my principles more dan any friendship

im not cut out to have best friends or close friends. i do ok with acquaintances

grin grin grin grin grin @ you came close. Classic.

I love friends, but I categorize them. I still have two left though, though I can see we are slowly growing apart. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do You Have An Ex - Best Friend Or Friend??? Why Did You Write Him/her Off by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:35pm On Oct 07, 2013
If we say we are friends, just like mine, since secondary school days, we dnt right each others off!

If there is a problem, we meet, talk abt it, and the erring party apologized.

But unless we are actually not friends, we stay together, offend each other, rant and shout, but in the end..we forgive and move on.

BFF. We dey gidigba!
Re: Do You Have An Ex - Best Friend Or Friend??? Why Did You Write Him/her Off by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 07, 2013
He asked me out undecided

And I was like, Hell Naw!

Well, after experiencing this twice, I stopped having male best friends.

I do not have any ex- female close friends or best friends cool We remain Friends Forever <3
Re: Do You Have An Ex - Best Friend Or Friend??? Why Did You Write Him/her Off by Vickycherish: 6:42pm On Oct 07, 2013
chineloSA: Do you have an ex best friend? What happened? What made you to write-off the person? Did you reconcile? What did you learn from the situation?

In my case, it was a friend of mine. We were really as thick as thieves. Our families knew each other, I was her MAID OF HONOUR at her wedding, I was there,during her pregnencies, when her 2 kids were born, when she graduated with her first( undergraduate degree), second degree ( masters), marital problems as a friend etc.

She was doing her Phd and she had some difficulties with regards to her supervisor, who was supervising her Phd programme.
She came to me, telling me she wanted to quit the programme after having spent 4yrs on her complicated Thesis. As a friend I was so concerned that I refused to accept that she was going to waist time just like that and make her enemy win ( her Professor ). I tried advising her as much as I could, but my advice fell on deaf ears, she cancelled the programme.

I then invited one of our friends (friend # 2 ) who was also busy with her Phd to talk to her as she would understand since they were both on the same level of study and pour some sense into those deaf ears regarding quitting. As requested friend #2 picked up the phone ( since we all live in different cities ) and spoke to her. She listened and pretended like the advice was the best.

Immediately after ( friend #2 ) dropped the phone, my friend called me and was so mean to me. She fought me saying that I had no right talking about her biz to friend #2.

Her exact words were " You had no right discussing about my business with your friend ( who is her friend as well ). If I needed help I was going to ask her for help. In fact who do you think you are? You are a nobody". undecided undecided She continued saying alot of hurtful things, and I listened

I immediately apologized and asked for forgiveness for talking to friend #2. I explained how concerned I was about her.

I then asked that we end our friendship at that time, no notice period, nothing. What made me do that was her statement "In fact who do you think you are? You are a nobody" It was so hurting,I never expected that from her.

I then became clear to me that I may have been her friend because she felt that I was a nobody. I had to write-her-off at that time.

Its been two years now, hurt as I was. I still miss her, but life has to go on. I hope we both find peace, though she will miss my important milestones ( wedding, kids, graduations etc ) even though I didn't miss hers.

The best that came out of our situation is that she eventually re-instated her programme which she had cancelled and fought the bull by its horns. She graduated with her Phd this year. Ironically she called friend #2 to inform her.

I am glad that on trying to prove her point to me, she made it. Even though we are never ever gonna be friends again, but I am glad I was a motivation somehow. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

my dear i quite havin a best frnd lng ago i js hv close frnds nd frnd of mere acquintnc,i made dat decision unknownly snc secndry skul...bt i think its best4 me so i wuldnt get hurt agn
Re: Do You Have An Ex - Best Friend Or Friend??? Why Did You Write Him/her Off by Vickycherish: 6:44pm On Oct 07, 2013
chineloSA: Do you have an ex best friend? What happened? What made you to write-off the person? Did you reconcile? What did you learn from the situation?

my dear i quite havin a best frnd lng ago i js hv close frnds nd frnd of mere acquintnc,i made dat decision unknownly snc secndry skul...bt i think its best4 me so i wuldnt get hurt agn
Re: Do You Have An Ex - Best Friend Or Friend??? Why Did You Write Him/her Off by NnamdiN: 6:48pm On Oct 07, 2013
chineloSA:

Really, since childhoood, no close friend ? Very odd.

Hope you get a friend in your spouse. A friend is something good to have.
not one. I'm actually a very quite dude. I love my space a lot.
I've tried to have close friends but I always get exploited. Being a loner aint so bad.
Re: Do You Have An Ex - Best Friend Or Friend??? Why Did You Write Him/her Off by chineloSA(f): 6:49pm On Oct 07, 2013
SLIDE waxie: If we say we are friends, just like mine, since secondary school days, we dnt right each others off!

If there is a problem, we meet, talk abt it, and the erring party apologized.

But unless we are actually not friends, we stay together, offend each other, rant and shout, but in the end..we forgive and move on.

BFF. We dey gidigba!

You lucky. Woman are very petty and hold grudges for ever.
Re: Do You Have An Ex - Best Friend Or Friend??? Why Did You Write Him/her Off by chineloSA(f): 6:54pm On Oct 07, 2013
NnamdiN: not one. I'm actually a very quite dude. I love my space a lot.
I've tried to have close friends but I always get exploited. Being a loner aint so bad.

I get you. Being alone is good, but there are some things that one needs to share and you cant share them with family.

There are some activities that you cannot always have your family with you all the time.

But I get you smiley smiley smiley
Re: Do You Have An Ex - Best Friend Or Friend??? Why Did You Write Him/her Off by NnamdiN: 7:29pm On Oct 07, 2013
I get you too.
Re: Do You Have An Ex - Best Friend Or Friend??? Why Did You Write Him/her Off by vivianc(f): 8:35pm On Oct 07, 2013
I'm done keeping close friends o. My relationship with people these days is just a surface thing. True friendship doesn't exist!

I used to have this bestie, someone I really loved beyond words. In fact, if i were a guy, nothing would make me not to marry her. Through out our years of friendship she has been the selfish one; its always about her. I was always there for her but she was never there for me, but i over looked all those things. Love indeed counts no wrong! Since i knew she is that way, i find a way to deal with my problems myself.

What broke the camel's back was she is building a house (she is richer). Right from the day I saw the building's plan, i told her I would love to live there. I have been singing this for 2yrs now cos she is not rushing the building, and she never said anything. I really loved the house that I had already chosen an apartment. She was like "just keep my 150k ready."

When I started having accomodation problems, I now wanted to pay her so that I can move in but she said the house won't be ready when i'd love to move in, and I now asked her when the house would be ready. What she said to me was "Is my house the only solution to your accommodation problem? You still have enough time to look for a cheaper apartment, friendship and biz don't mix!" Wow! I had to rub my eyes to make sure I wasn't dreaming. I didn't ask to live for free o or at a cheaper rate o. So all these while I was telling her how I'd love to stay in her house, she had already written my off as someone who couldn't afford her house? My own bestie? Hot tears flowed down my cheeks. I told her its ok, i have heard and i'd look for somewhere else.

I was shocked beyond marrow because i know i'd never do such to her.

I haven't written her off tho, i don't write people off. I just distanced myself from her. We are still friends but not a close one.

True friendship doesn't exist for me. I don't want one anymore, and I'd never be a true friend to anyone anymore.
Re: Do You Have An Ex - Best Friend Or Friend??? Why Did You Write Him/her Off by danchuzzy(m): 12:12am On Oct 08, 2013
Re: Do You Have An Ex - Best Friend Or Friend??? Why Did You Write Him/her Off by danchuzzy(m): 12:12am On Oct 08, 2013
NnamdiN: I have never had a best friend. No one ever graduates to that level, they always fail one important test or the other. I'm better off on my own.

better off own your own right?
better change that mindset else... your fall would b hard and resounding
just ma 1 kobo
Re: Do You Have An Ex - Best Friend Or Friend??? Why Did You Write Him/her Off by NnamdiN: 9:42am On Oct 08, 2013
danchuzzy:

better off own your own right?
better change that mindset else... your fall would b hard and resounding
just ma 1 kobo
bro read Vivianc's post, that's exactly how all the people I made close friends were/are. You give your all, thinking someone has your back, just a little problem, you'd realise you've been on your own since Adam.
A friend, I impersonated and wrote an exam for. Gave him a B while I had C during my own time, ran away with my school fees the very next semester. Just coz I was busy and asked him to help me pay.
Another friend, someone I always gave money without asking for payback, asked me to pay him, before he could help my own brother stay in his house for post ume.
Another one, took money from people to do their projects, somehow his laptop's screen damaged, he was receiving threats coz the deadline was approaching and he couldn't get another laptop. What did I do? Gave him mine. HP pavilion DV5(Dad's gift when I got admission). How did he pay me back? Sold it and told me it was stolen. As if that wasn't enough, he told me he had imported another one from India (this was February this year) fast forward to October, I no see charger, let alone laptop. Is the laptop trekking from India?
Another friend, I was supposed to do a business with him back in 100lvl, I thought I was contributing capital, didn't know he was swindling me. Fast forward to 2012, he got detained by some army guys, coz he couldn't repay a debt he owed, I was the only guy he could call. I bailed him. Up till this moment, not a call to repay me.

And you say I need friends ? I'd rather fall and bangg my head hard on German concrete than fall with the expectation, that I have people on ground to catch me.
Re: Do You Have An Ex - Best Friend Or Friend??? Why Did You Write Him/her Off by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 12, 2013
NnamdiN: bro read Vivianc's post, that's exactly how all the people I made close friends were/are. You give your all, thinking someone has your back, just a little problem, you'd realise you've been on your own since Adam.
A friend, I impersonated and wrote an exam for. Gave him a B while I had C during my own time, ran away with my school fees the very next semester. Just coz I was busy and asked him to help me pay.
Another friend, someone I always gave money without asking for payback, asked me to pay him, before he could help my own brother stay in his house for post ume.
Another one, took money from people to do their projects, somehow his laptop's screen damaged, he was receiving threats coz the deadline was approaching and he couldn't get another laptop. What did I do? Gave him mine. HP pavilion DV5(Dad's gift when I got admission). How did he pay me back? Sold it and told me it was stolen. As if that wasn't enough, he told me he had imported another one from India (this was February this year) fast forward to October, I no see charger, let alone laptop. Is the laptop trekking from India?
Another friend, I was supposed to do a business with him back in 100lvl, I thought I was contributing capital, didn't know he was swindling me. Fast forward to 2012, he got detained by some army guys, coz he couldn't repay a debt he owed, I was the only guy he could call. I bailed him. Up till this moment, not a call to repay me.

And you say I need friends ? I'd rather fall and bangg my head hard on German concrete than fall with the expectation, that I have people on ground to catch me.

guy, your problem is you trust humans way too much.
Re: Do You Have An Ex - Best Friend Or Friend??? Why Did You Write Him/her Off by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 12, 2013
NnamdiN: bro read Vivianc's post, that's exactly how all the people I made close friends were/are. You give your all, thinking someone has your back, just a little problem, you'd realise you've been on your own since Adam.

Re: Do You Have An Ex - Best Friend Or Friend??? Why Did You Write Him/her Off by NnamdiN: 8:07pm On Oct 12, 2013
careytommy:

best friends are meant to be trusted right? Anyway, that's all in the past now. I Don't trust anyone, anymore.
Re: Do You Have An Ex - Best Friend Or Friend??? Why Did You Write Him/her Off by chineloSA(f): 9:08pm On Oct 12, 2013

Eeeeewwww, your own is too much shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. You are very giving and you get little back.

Write the off,they don't deserve you smiley smiley smiley
Re: Do You Have An Ex - Best Friend Or Friend??? Why Did You Write Him/her Off by chineloSA(f): 9:10pm On Oct 12, 2013
NnamdiN: best friends are meant to be trusted right? Anyway, that's all in the past now. I Don't trust anyone, anymore.

true friends are meant to be trusted. If you cant trust your friend than that is not your friend. smiley
Re: Do You Have An Ex - Best Friend Or Friend??? Why Did You Write Him/her Off by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 13, 2013
Ex- too controlling. saw himself as a god, his ways were forever right. was a misogynist, had no respect for my family but would slit my throat if i said something about his (not even intended as an insult), proud too proud even and considering the fact that all he had was thin air (he doesnt even own air) it was amazing. never listened to me, not even once. When things went wrong it was always my fault. he was a maniac. too proud to tell me he wanted me back, started faking terminal disease cheesy

1st ever Best friend- dumped me for a popular girl. Told me she preferred her to me and she hoped i understand came crying back after 3 yrs and pretended she never did such, still crying up till now.

(1) (Reply)

WHY DID YOUR NEW GIRLFRIEND THINK SHE IS SPOILING YOU WITH SEX / Marriage Advise 4 Singles / Why The Hide And Seek

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.