Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,939 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Dana Air License Suspended For Audit - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Air License Suspended For Audit (7508 Views)

Dana Air Flight ‎537 Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – A Passenger’s Ordeal. / Dana Air-crash Memorial Arcade (Pictures) / Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 07, 2013
Nice one.. If found guilty, they should be banished and their operations brought to an end instantly. Prevention is better than cure
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by Ijebulogic(m): 1:14pm On Oct 07, 2013
We need High Speed Trains, i'm tired of flying domestic airlines. By the way why isn't there a Ministry for Rail Networks?

1 Like

Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by coconuthead(m): 1:16pm On Oct 07, 2013
Na wa for this dana pipu o. How do we get refunds for booked flights already
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by mastersr95(m): 1:18pm On Oct 07, 2013
emmysenior: More than 250 ethnic groups.

2 major religions... One for peace and the other for piss (blood sucking)

I doubt the feasibility of the coexistence.

goldylock:

What is this one saying You don drink ur merecine?

Sounds like the man is talking nonsense right? But his actually say the truth.. The truth they say is bitter
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by iamboody(m): 1:21pm On Oct 07, 2013
If there was never a crash Dana airline would never have been grounded for audit check. i believed the audit is long over due and they have to do this now cos there was a crash. what if they have audited the crashed plane would it have crashed? I support Femi Fani Kayode on this that the minister should be sacked or redeploy. All these airline bribe these government officials really well to allow them fly a plane that is not completely free of problems. If you have been boarding plane you will know there are issues with our airlines, I have seen several cases where airline operators will be aware of plane condition and they will still insist on flying it, that it will be repaired on its return.
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by iamboody(m): 1:21pm On Oct 07, 2013
If there was never a crash Dana airline would never have been grounded for audit check. i believed the audit is long over due and they have to do this now cos there was a crash. what if they have audited the crashed plane would it have crashed? I support Femi Fani Kayode on this that the minister should be sacked or redeploy. All these airline bribe these government officials really well to allow them fly a plane that is not completely free of problems. If you have been boarding plane you will know there are issues with our airlines, I have seen several cases where airline operators will be aware of plane condition and they will still insist on flying it, that it will be repaired on its return.
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by GoodSamaritan: 1:29pm On Oct 07, 2013
I can assure you all that Dana Air will be back soonest because they know who and who to bribe to still be in business.

Just mark my words.

Am so sorry for Nigeria
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by coconuthead(m): 1:37pm On Oct 07, 2013
Just spoke with their customer car. they say one has to wait till the scheduled flight date to get a refund. Meaning, they're hoping to be in business soon. My flight is for sundat ABV-LOS. But they say i'll have to wait till sunday and dat the refund can only be claimed at the abuja airport and not Lagos airport.

How true is this please
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by Nosyke(m): 2:11pm On Oct 07, 2013
coconut head: Just spoke with their customer car. they say one has to wait till the scheduled flight date to get a refund. Meaning, they're hoping to be in business soon. My flight is for sundat ABV-LOS. But they say i'll have to wait till sunday and dat the refund can only be claimed at the abuja airport and not Lagos airport.

How true is this please

When I spoke with them, the lady told me that, the suspension was only for today just for the audit, that normal flights will resume by tommorrow.
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by otokx(m): 2:23pm On Oct 07, 2013
GoodSamaritan: I can assure you all that Dana Air will be back soonest because they know who and who to bribe to still be in business.

Just mark my words.

Am so sorry for Nigeria

I am not sorry for Nigeria but for the people that will enter DANA after now.
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 07, 2013
Fly Dana At Your Own Risk
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by shevon: 2:56pm On Oct 07, 2013
Why dem sef go go do 2 for 1 promo (fly one, death one free)
Na im make pipo suspet dem come go grin-grin people whey fly mata dey dem hand say "Eh! Una dey look dem Dana ni? Pipo whey dem aromplan good sef dey get asident, Dana whey no get aromplan dey do buy 1 die 1 free una leave dem. Ok o!" whey come make those pipo go kwashe Dana paper.
Me don kuku beg dem before to tell me how much me go pay not to fly with them before. Berra now sef, I can save my moni go enter Agofure. grin
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by coolsegun(m): 3:40pm On Oct 07, 2013
israel007: Huh? they should give us a reason. i expected that the FG/FAAN, upon hearing that dana airline failed engine 20 minutes after take off from abuja last week, should have come out and issue a statement. surprise no one said anything on that front. all the fuss was on social media.

God help us
Nobody is saying anything about this. They are just wasting lives in this country.
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by knightsamsong(m): 3:52pm On Oct 07, 2013
whr basket mouth?
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by Forwetinnah: 4:10pm On Oct 07, 2013
citizenisb: I am the one that revealed the loss of its engine from abuja to lagos. After all the abuse i received on social media from what i obviously saw of loss of the right turbine on the wing of the aircraft, the same airline has repeated it again with passengers on their way FROM Port Harcourt:-

The Director General of the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), Mr. Fola Akinkuotu, Sunday suspended the operations of Dana Air.

General Manager, Public Affairs, NCAA, Fan Ndubuoke, who confirmed the suspension, said it was because its flight from Port Harcourt to Lagos made on air return due to technical problem.
THISDAY investigations learnt that the aircraft lost one of its engines and this was the second time in a week that such an incident would happen.

An informed source revealed that the aircraft had flown 38 miles away from Port Harcourt when one of the engines shut down, when it called the control tower.

It was gathered that by the time it was making the air return, it had flown 45 miles with one engine, in an aircraft laden with passengers.

Last year, the airline recorded a tragic air accident in Lagos that killed 153 persons on board.

THIS INDIANS NEVER LEARN TILL THEY KILL NIGERIANS ON THE ALTAR OF THEIR gOD OF mONEY!!!

You've been vindicated..where are the people talking about engine specs, construction, model, features in a bid to cover for blaaah blaaaah blaaaah?!! See una life now?. When we were talking about the safety of Nigerians, some people were here discussing aeronatics..rubbish!
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 07, 2013
For wetin nah?:

You've been vindicated..where are the people talking about engine specs, construction, model, features in a bid to cover for blaaah blaaaah blaaaah?!! See una life now?. When we were talking about the safety of Nigerians, some people were here discussing aeronatics..rubbish!
U DEY MIND THE FVCKIN PARROTS?
AERONAUTICS BLOCK MY NYASH
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by olaife80: 4:56pm On Oct 07, 2013
Dana Airline>>>>hmmmm
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by kushsy: 6:51pm On Oct 07, 2013
fast guy 10: Dana u again
as in ? U de read backward ?
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by Okwombageneral(m): 7:31pm On Oct 07, 2013
Since plane, boat and car no safe again, na
trekking sure pass o, even to UK, when we
reach red sea, na to call Moses number..
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by ritux: 8:39pm On Oct 07, 2013
coconut head: Just spoke with their customer car. they say one has to wait till the scheduled flight date to get a refund. Meaning, they're hoping to be in business soon. My flight is for sundat ABV-LOS. But they say i'll have to wait till sunday and dat the refund can only be claimed at the abuja airport and not Lagos airport.

How true is this please
Nosyke:

When I spoke with them, the lady told me that, the suspension was only for today just for the audit, that normal flights will resume by tommorrow.

I don't blame both of you. People like you guys are the ones still keeping DANA in the market. No wonder one of u got a coconut head. grin

With all the complains I have been reading online about DANA, if I even have 100M worth of contract to sign in the next hour, I won't board the next available DANA flight.
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by Sayet(m): 9:03pm On Oct 07, 2013
Does this dana think nigerians are animals,it's not enough to suspend them,they ought to be banned forever.
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by backwardneva: 9:25pm On Oct 07, 2013
one f the problem f dis sector is lack f professionalism on d part f d owners f d airlines.An aircraft is not just like any vechicle/bike that you just kick start& u drive/ride.Every player in d sector is as important as d machine working.Some airlines treat their staffs like factory workers,to the extent that some engineers are more/less on contract,not to talk of security dept,catering dept etc.we need to carryout forensic audit test on our domestic ailines.May GOD HELP US.

1 Like

Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by scobaba: 10:55pm On Oct 07, 2013
First, only and last tym I flew Dana, from abuja to lag sometime in july...I almost missed the flight, infact I was the last to board cos they had checked every other persons in. while I was running towards the plane, I was just asking myself...' guy no be die you dey run go die so'. Dat journey was the longest 55minutes of my life.

The owners should just leave naija and face kenya or some other country. People are really scared of their planes. They shud just go or face another trade. Aviation no be by force.
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by chinaman666(m): 11:14pm On Oct 07, 2013
Never fly Deathtrap Dana Air! These Indians have proven themselves to be unethical businessmen.
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by alstacs(m): 3:38am On Oct 08, 2013
sincerely, I think all the local flights are not doing fine. They are all born of the same mother.
Arik is useless..... poor customer service, flight delays, cancellations and lots funny incidences. Aero is no better.
God bless the person that talked about MedView.... great airline I've flown recently....Planes younger than 10 years......that is not true though.
Overland.... funny airline with prop engine planes..,..I've been so scared of props since the governor-pilot crashed and developed head injury.
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by KoloOyinbo(m): 2:20pm On Oct 08, 2013
The results of the Accident Investigation should be made fully public. ESPECIALLY the maintenance record of the aircraft. Who serviced it, where was it serviced, when was it serviced, what is the fault record. Only then will we really know the airlines attitude to safety.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dana Wins Best Domestic Carrier For 2011 Award / EFCC Charges Bellview, First Nation Airlines With N1.7bn Fraud / How Do I Resolve The Wrong Date Of Birth On My Transcript

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.