Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,475 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools (10374 Views)

Ifa Worshippers Offer To Fight Boko Haram / Reception Given To Aregbesola From His Hometown Residents. / Buhari Busted! Waec/cambridge Did Not Offer Hausa As Subject In 1961 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by isalegan2: 12:55am On Oct 10, 2013
Katsumoto:

The concept of piety is alien to you being that most pastors and senior imams are rich in Nigeria. Fela captured the reality in 'Coffin for head of state'. How rich are Catholic priests or Buddhist monks? A life in servitude to God's work requires servitude.

Which "Imams are rich in Nigeria"? grin Cashumondo no go kill me with laugh o. cheesy

ndu_chucks: La ilaha illa Allah - There is no God but the Almighty. He that has ears, let him/her hear.

Orun apandi awaits Kafiris

Ndu_Chucks, I'm sorry you are so opposed to African traditional religions. Just like you and Aregbesola, I also am a Muslim. But, I, as well as the trail-blazing governor, have a deep and abiding respect for our cultural beliefs.

So much so that I have indeed made it known that I would have no problem raising little Isale in Ifa if her daddy were to be an adherent. cheesy

I see nothing wrong with orunmila, Obatala, Sango and all the other gods and the Ifa principle. There is nothing wrong with appreciating our own. I think the future to African advancement and genuine independence will lie in a movement to re-claim our true history and way of life.

Believing other peoples' creation myth is the beginning of true colonisation. Colonisation of the mind and self-image.

Afam4eva: This is a right step in the right direction. We have to start being Africanists first before anything.

Agreed. I love what Aregbesola is doing. The O.P. really missed road this time, huh? He probably should have kept with the typical - a thread accusing Rauf of being a Boko Haramite.

Aregbesola ti di baba, won d'ite kiri
Okunrin d'ite titi titi, ko ri fila de s'ori
Obinrin d'ite titi titi, ko ri gele we s'ori
Aregbesola mi ti di baba, won d'ite kiri.
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Nobody: 6:23am On Oct 10, 2013
Katsumoto:

9jacrip is correct. Esu is a divine messenger god. He is the messenger between the physical and spiritual world. He is also the enforcer of spiritual justice; when ever man strays away from the instructions of the gods, Orunmila sends Esu to enforce the will of the orisas.
Esu's responsibility is similar to that of Hermes.
abdurrazaq: I hope other south-western states do same and hasten the process of adopting Yoruba language for teaching in our schools. IFA is not evil but knowledge, deep knowledge as a matter of fact, that adopt Yoruba history in teaching culture and moral for better society. I am a Muslim and I‘m always proud to be associated with my culture.
For the record, we (Yorubas) have lived peacefully without Mathematics, Physics, Psychology, Biology, etc.

This move has my 100% support.
I am a Yoruba christian too and totally support this move by Aregbesola.
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by OPCNAIRALAND: 10:15am On Oct 10, 2013
Ndu- chucks,
Are u moslem? I dont think you are. what are these people doing here in the video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS_IBMQhx5A

1 Like

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Eledan: 10:51am On Oct 10, 2013
Wit my being and my soul.....I will always support such move as this.
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 10, 2013
The decolonisation process is well and truly underway. I foresee in the next few decades, we'll ditch Christianity and islam altogether, and revive/ update our indigenous religions. It happened with our music. It happened with our movies. It happened with our football coaching and even player selection, and it will surely happen with religion.

2 Likes

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Pukkah: 2:26pm On Oct 10, 2013
ROSSIKE: The decolonisation process is well and truly underway. I foresee in the next few decades, we'll ditch Christianity and islam altogether, and revive/ update our indigenous religions. It happened with our music. It happened with our movies. It happened with our football coaching and even player selection, and it will surely happen with religion.

Oh yes, the renaissance has started. It's only a matter of time. People are waking up.
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Pukkah: 2:56pm On Oct 10, 2013
Leward:
yeah, i know but not by Africans, let me checkup the exact country.

Still checking?

I hope you've not abandoned the thread.

You need to come back to address the point we were on.

You should have the grace to apologize that you were wrong and moreso for using impolite words.

You need to get used to the bitter fact that European or Arab religions are not superior to African ways of worship.

You should know that white Europeans were taken as slaves by North Africans!
This essentially kills the argument of those of you that disparage Nigerian religions just because their adherents were conquered/taken by the British.

1 Like

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Katsumoto: 5:23pm On Oct 10, 2013
saxywale:
Esu's responsibility is similar to that of Hermes.

I am a Yoruba christian too and totally support this move by Aregbesola.

Precisely - also similar to Mercury for the Romans.
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Nobody: 5:20am On Oct 11, 2013
abdurrazaq: I hope other south-western states do same and hasten the process of adopting Yoruba language for teaching in our schools. IFA is not evil but knowledge, deep knowledge as a matter of fact, that adopt Yoruba history in teaching culture and moral for better society. I am a Muslim and I‘m always proud to be associated with my culture.
For the record, we (Yorubas) have lived peacefully without Mathematics, Physics, Psychology, Biology, etc.

This move has my 100% support.
IFA covers all courses in Life from Algebra,Arithmetic to Zoology .....!!

I believe If U sabi IFA very well, one can use it to work Simultaneous Equation and get the same answer as working it Scientifically .... All lies in the power of Interpretation !!!

N.B Scientists are thieves, They just re-codified most spiritual Heritages and gave all of them better/Logical Interpretations,Explanations and Understanding ...... !!!

IFA has different Formulas for Different issues ....... Both Physical and Supernatural ........ !!!

NO baba'lawo can have complete Knowledge over IFA,that is why they are always in Group(cult) to consult one-another on Knowledge Sharing,Exchanging Formulas( E.g provide me with Quandratic Equation Formula and I provide U with that of Binomial) and Studying together areas of profound Interpretation ...... !!!

I would be Happy the day IFA is used to prepare ''Financial Statements'' of companies .......... That would give better figure of profits and state of affairs of company than this Scientific Computations .... grin

Sincerely Speaking, Oyinbo Invented system, Science, has made the world simplier and easier to understand than Other systems although Science doesn't provide answers to all .......

The Knowledge of Both Science and PseudoScience doesn't hurt ...!!!

AudhuBillahi Mina Shaetani Rojeem .... !!!

1 Like

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by cbravo3: 11:21pm On Apr 26, 2017
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Sunky200: 12:23am On Apr 27, 2017
it's so unfortunate that this beautiful idea aimed at recapturing our mentality from slavery, reviving our tradition as well as promoting our heritage is still not being practiced.

i hope one day, in no distant tomorrow, IFA is indeed introduced as a subject in both Elementary, High Schools and Higher Institutions.
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by jullty: 1:38am On Apr 27, 2017
yes all school should teach it, even lagos. anyone who does not want can leave the school.s all state should teach it.

if not the school have to drop islamic and christianity in school. in nigeria it is recognized as a form of religion and has more fellowship than Christianity and muslim.

do you know any pastor in nigeria that has this crowd.. No.. there are not up to 20 pastors..

christian are minority in nigeria.

[img]http://static1.squarespace.com/static/57285ca8f699bbbcb2bd9e39/t/58c2c92bbebafb1001f88a5c/1489160555129/oshun+festival%2C+oshun+osogbo%2C+sacred+grove%2C+osun%2C+orisha%2C+oricha%2C+orix%C3%A1%2C+oxum%2C+ochun%2C+osun%2C+babalawo%2C+ifayemi+elebuibon%2C+araba+ososgbo%2C+yoruba%2C+ioruba[/img]

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by jullty: 1:40am On Apr 27, 2017

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by jullty: 1:42am On Apr 27, 2017
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by jullty: 1:45am On Apr 27, 2017
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by jullty: 1:46am On Apr 27, 2017

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by jullty: 1:48am On Apr 27, 2017

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by jullty: 1:49am On Apr 27, 2017
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by jullty: 1:51am On Apr 27, 2017
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by jullty: 1:51am On Apr 27, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2023: Women’s Group Backs Osinbajo, Seeks Buhari’s Support / Bala Mohammed To Refund Monies For Nomination Forms To PDP Aspirants Who Lost / Can The North Wait Till 2027 If Yar Adua Dies? Yar adua Getting Lean Save 15mil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.