Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools (10371 Views)

Ifa Worshippers Offer To Fight Boko Haram / Reception Given To Aregbesola From His Hometown Residents. / Buhari Busted! Waec/cambridge Did Not Offer Hausa As Subject In 1961 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by abes(m): 9:53pm On Oct 07, 2013
They can hate.

[img]'http://3.bp..com/-Vk5UvNwNPz0/UORwvbObJfI/AAAAAAAAC3w/arVlJHubQ3o/s1600/El+Papa+saluda+al+profesor+Wande+Abimbola,+fundador+del+Instituto+Ifa+Heritage,+un+centro+de+educaci%C3%B3n+en+Nigeria+basado+en+la+tradici%C3%B3n+africana+Yoruba.jpg'[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-FX5Xzw4fxcM/UORwUvjPCtI/AAAAAAAAC3g/Z67r1VZvChY/s1600/El+budismo+y+el+hinduismo,+presentes+en+el+encuentro+interreligioso+por+la+paz+en+As%C3%ADs.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-x4YbPDNi-8w/UNh-lc2AMcI/AAAAAAAACuM/RKqGKvl7vPw/s280/20111103-asis.jpg[/img]
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 07, 2013
No wonder. I suspected something was wrong with these guys. Now we know most of the worshippers at Tinubu's shrine on this forum are idol worshippers.

There's no justification for introducing minors to idolatry. If Aregbe and his indolatrous partners are keen on propagating Ifa and the worship of other idols, they should do that at higher institutions. They should leave innocent children out of their evil agenda.

1 Like

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by AndreUweh(m): 10:02pm On Oct 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: No wonder. I suspected something was wrong with these guys. Now we know most of the worshippers at Tinubu's shrine on this forum are idol worshippers.

There's no justification for introducing minors to idolatry. If Aregbe and his indolatrous partners are keen on propagating Ifa and the worship of other idols, they should do that at higher institutions. They should leave innocent children out of their evil agenda.
@Higher institution, yes that's my point.

1 Like

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by MayorofLagos(m): 10:05pm On Oct 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: No wonder. I suspected something was wrong with these guys. Now we know most of the worshippers at Tinubu's shrine on this forum are idol worshippers.

This is why SNC must kick off soon so each region can operate within the window of its cultural values.
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Italiano1: 10:06pm On Oct 07, 2013

Sorry but are you sure you are ok?

What is your definition of idolatry? What constitutes idolatry in your opinion? Why do you think Ifa is an idol?

1 Like

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Ngwakwe: 10:19pm On Oct 07, 2013
Keep your insult to yourself. I am not surprise at your outburst but as a Senior Citizen I forgive you.

You are not Ifa Priest, neither are you Mohammed (PBUH) nor Jesus Christ, then what makes you think your undocumented statement should be taken as gospel truth?

Authenticate your claim with verifiable photographs or any other documented evidence (link to any article supporting your story or whatever)

1radioguru1:

what is this dumbell yeaping about. Something that happens in my presence. Talking to empty headed goons like you is a waste of bandwidth.
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by MayorofLagos(m): 10:31pm On Oct 07, 2013
Ngwakwe: Keep your insult to yourself. I am not surprise at your outburst but as a Senior Citizens I forgive you.

You are not Ifa Priest, neither are you Mohammed (PBUH) nor Jesus Christ, then what makes you think your undocumented statement should be taken as gospel truth?

Authenticate your claim with verifiable photographs or any other documented evidence (link to any article collaborating your story or whatever)

What do you need autheticated?
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Ngwakwe: 10:36pm On Oct 07, 2013
That Igbos were all in arms to harm a female youth corp member for wearing hijab in Anambra State.

Can you imagine such a libel?

Mayor_of_Lagos:

What do you need autheticated?
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Desola(f): 10:48pm On Oct 07, 2013
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Desola(f): 10:50pm On Oct 07, 2013
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Desola(f): 10:52pm On Oct 07, 2013
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Katsumoto: 10:53pm On Oct 07, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Please share this philosophy which you embrace with us, that is, if you indeed have the knowledge. I'm all ears and I know that you never shy away from challenges such as this.

grin grin grin grin

You didn't come seeking knowledge or understanding; your initial comments on this thread indicate that your mind isn't open.

If you are sincere that you want to gain some knowledge, then you can start with any of the following books.

Some Aspects of Yoruba Aesthetics – Babatunde Lawal
The Yoruba Concept of Human Personality – Wande Abimbola
Black Critics and Kings: Hermeneutics of Power in Yoruba Society – Andrew Apter

When you are done with at least one, you can return to this thread and then we can proceed to have a discussion.

But let me throw a poser at you - why do you think that the Yoruba have been able to assimilate foreign religions without being assimilated by those religions? What do you understand by the Duality of purpose (Ejiwapo in Yoruba) and what are its similarities to Zoroastrianism, ancient Greek and Roman beliefs, Hinduism, etc?

1 Like

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Desola(f): 10:55pm On Oct 07, 2013
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Katsumoto: 10:57pm On Oct 07, 2013
Andre Uweh:
@Higher institution, yes that's my point.

This is a moronic comment. Any subject to be learned in a higher institution MUST have a foundation from Primary and Secondary schools. If you saw a quadratic equation for the first time in university without having attempted mathematics, will you not feel daunted? Second, why would a majority without any foundation in Ifa select it in a university? Just as you have grades in mathematics, there are grades in Ifa Corpus.

2 Likes

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by tomakint: 10:59pm On Oct 07, 2013
Ngwakwe: Keep your insult to yourself. I am not surprise at your outburst but as a Senior Citizens I forgive you.
You are not Ifa Priest, neither are you Mohammed (PBUH) nor Jesus Christ!
Authenticate your claim with verifiable photographs or any other documented evidence (link to any article supporting your story or whatever)
Ngwakwe, I am shocked you didn't know the dimwit you are quoting is egghead shocked better stop dignifying the kid with response....ignore him!
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Katsumoto: 11:02pm On Oct 07, 2013
Ngwakwe: Define tolerance in this context.

Please, can you give us a verifiable example of intolerance exhibited by the Igbos (ethnic group) in any circumstance against any other ethnic or religious group?

See an example of intolerance below from one of your brothers.

5 Likes

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Katsumoto: 11:03pm On Oct 07, 2013

What a comment from someone who earns his daily bread by selling his soul.

5 Likes

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Leward(m): 11:06pm On Oct 07, 2013
Pukkah:

What's it about Ibadan that you know? Spill it.

Do you know how Christianity was before the present age?
The worst that has happened in the history of christianity as recorded in historical books is the numerous wars between England(Anglican) and italy/portugal(catholic/protestant) and i prefer that to being sacrificed for simple sins
Oyo alaafin is widely known for its afinity with deep yoruba culture.
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Leward(m): 11:11pm On Oct 07, 2013
What are you all saying, most of you are displaying a higher level of ignorance than sincere9girian, Esu? He is supposed to be the most powerfull and most wicked god among the lesser gods and you want us to revive him? His sacrifises are primitive and expensive(in terms of palm oil, chickens and so on, i think sometimes humans are need if he has been vexed), i didnt get these facts from films, these are what i was taught so no ajebutter born and bred in the city should open his smelly ignoramus mouth to say what he doesn't know,the worship of Esu is characterised with fear, ask any yoruba professor you knw especially those in UI. Btw BH and Esu, BH is better, atleast the death is less painful and humiliating
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Desola(f): 11:14pm On Oct 07, 2013
ifa sikinsikin...
ifa mo loro kan...
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Desola(f): 11:14pm On Oct 07, 2013
Leward: What are you all saying, most of you are displaying a higher level of ignorance than sincere9girian, Esu? He is supposed to be the most powerfull and most wicked god among the lesser gods and you want us to revive him? His sacrifises are primitive and expensive(in terms of palm oil, chickens and so on, i think sometimes humans are need if he has been vexed), i didnt get these facts from films, these are what i was taught so no ajebutter born and bred in the city should open his smelly ignoramus mouth to say what he doesn't know,the worship of Esu is characterised with fear, ask any yoruba professor you knw especially those in UI. Btw BH and Esu, BH is better, atleast the death is less painful and humiliating

Esu laalu ogiri oko....
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Nobody: 11:22pm On Oct 07, 2013
ndu_chucks: The day you people use your Ifa to give us things like constant electricity is the day I'll start taking Kafiris seriously.
See, An Expert in IFA who is very skillful in the corpus should be able to produce Electricity ..... Yes !!!

The Problem of most IFA-Adherents is ack of Education,most expecially Formal one ....simply cuz, If U should consult IFA, and it started divining some certain chemical combinations in Metal(Ogun) which would be combined with other forces in Water (IyeMoja/oya) ..................... Most Unskillful Baba-Alawo would get lost since their IQ could not comprehend that realm !!!

IFA is a tool for answering Questions ; It must have its own form of Simultaneous Equation,Inequalities,Quandratic Binomial,Polynomila et all !!
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by tomakint: 11:23pm On Oct 07, 2013
I can't believe intellectuals would gather together and start extolling esu, a trickster deity who is renowned to preside over chance, luck, accidents, lurking along roads, ready to trick travelers! undecided Ifa is not supposed to be dignified in this age why? The Prophets of Baal (pagan god of the Hebrews) contest with Prophet Elijah in the Bible is a proof that these 'gods are dead' and are not to be compared in anyway to the Power in the Blood of Jesus Christ!

1 Like

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Leward(m): 11:24pm On Oct 07, 2013
The fact is, the introduction of ifa studies in our schools will have its negative effects, now the question is when the positive an negative effects are compared, is it worth it? Definitely after learning some ifa secretes in school some kid go in the line of reviving the dark arts(whether we like it or not there will be bad eggs), is that what we need in this nation now? The revitalisation of the primitive era of superstitions and shutting down of economic activities for the celebration of some funky festivals with some abnormal activities when the rest of the world is going in another direction is not what we need. There are security, economic and power issues to be faced..
But like someone rightly said, as long as it's not compulsory, there'ld be no problems.
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 07, 2013
Pataki:
Hmmmmm......ododo oro arabinrin Desola. Beeni oh! Ifa is WYSIWYG. That is: ohun ti ifa ba wi, ni ifa ma se.

Learning foreign languages is quite good to be honest. I would rather French rather than Chinese though. We are surrounded by French speaking countries, and these French speaking countries do actually teach their own citizens English language.

I was intrigued when I came across the knowledge and evolution of IFA. How it equally validates the concept of BODMAS. I think in the years coming, Osun state indigenes might be leading in technological innovations relating to webspace and programming in this country and globally.

In the coming years of cyber warfare globally, who says IFA - ''olokun asoro dayo'' cannot be used to strategically understand and eliminate any form cyber warfare! cheesy
U mean it? And many of ur fore fathers who worshiped ifa of which present worshippers are no match with, were bought or taking into slavery with a piece of mirror, a boltte of gin and other minor things and D ifa that knw BODMAS couldnt teach them wht those things D white gave them were. Worst of it were, D main juju or Idol carved or cast and kept in inner shirine were joyfully taking by the white as artifacts, as they were curious abt civilization. Only to be realesed aftr u ppl were groomed to civilization to knw wht is right and this civilization and human right is highly forstered by D werstern religion. And if nt 4 it, u this poster should have jumping on tress with D monkey, u will still be half naked and still killing twins.
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 07, 2013
Pataki:
Hmmmmm......ododo oro arabinrin Desola. Beeni oh! Ifa is WYSIWYG. That is: ohun ti ifa ba wi, ni ifa ma se.

Learning foreign languages is quite good to be honest. I would rather French rather than Chinese though. We are surrounded by French speaking countries, and these French speaking countries do actually teach their own citizens English language.

I was intrigued when I came across the knowledge and evolution of IFA. How it equally validates the concept of BODMAS. I think in the years coming, Osun state indigenes might be leading in technological innovations relating to webspace and programming in this country and globally.

In the coming years of cyber warfare globally, who says IFA - ''olokun asoro dayo'' cannot be used to strategically understand and eliminate any form cyber warfare! cheesy
U mean it? And many of ur fore fathers who worshiped ifa of which present worshippers are no match with, were bought or taking into slavery with a piece of mirror, a boltte of gin and other minor things and D ifa that knw BODMAS couldnt teach them wht those things D white gave them were. Worst of it were, D main juju or Idol carved or cast and kept in inner shirine were joyfully taking by the white as artifacts, as they were curious abt civilization. Only to be realesed aftr u ppl were groomed to civilization to knw wht is right and this civilization and human right is highly forstered by D werstern religion. And if nt 4 it, u this poster should have jumping on tress with D monkey, u will still be half naked and still killing twins.
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by AndreUweh(m): 11:39pm On Oct 07, 2013
Katsumoto:

This is a moronic comment. Any subject to be learned in a higher institution MUST have a foundation from Primary and Secondary schools. If you saw a quadratic equation for the first time in university without having attempted mathematics, will you not feel daunted? Second, why would a majority without any foundation in Ifa select it in a university? Just as you have grades in mathematics, there are grades in Ifa Corpus.
Kats, mind your choice of words. Anyway, I gave an instance of Philosophy that is studied at the university level yet not introduced in secondary schools. There are so many of them.
I still stand by my comment. I mean Ifa should be introduced at the university level. Its a good idea. But at secondary school level, MBA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Armed Robbers Not Assassins Attacked Barr Mfon Udeme - Akwa Ibom CP / Buhari And The Ruga Controversy By Clarius Ugwuoha / Sanwo-olu To Turn Campaign Offices To Citizens Consultative Centres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.