Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,870 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis (28348 Views)

Endometriosis,adenomyosis,polycystic Ovarian Cyst Story? Or Fibroid / Endometriosis / Serrapeptase May Be Good For Endometriosis And Cysts (2) (3) (4)

Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by creativemusic: 1:43pm On Oct 08, 2013
the Lord will heal her in Jesus Name.
Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by yomalex(m): 1:44pm On Oct 08, 2013
i wish you healing
Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 08, 2013
Please can all those who don't have anything reasonable to say shut the f..ck up'
read the whole story before you spew thrash from your mouths-obviously you wouldn't know the pain someone goes through till you are in their shoes.

She has come out to educate others and save many women from dying in pain-awareness is important, it wasn't easy for her but she has done many a favour, so your opinion of her doesn't count.

I admire your strenght Nike God bless you.

Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 08, 2013
We all get painful periods and it's hard to imagine any pain above that. Here I thought I experienced pain popping ibuprofen every 6 hours for five days.
She's brave for creating awareness for a hitherto untouched/taboo topic. I pray her children compensate her for a lifetime of pain.

Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by nerodenero: 1:53pm On Oct 08, 2013
One of the greatest gifts one can ever hope of having from God is being hale and hearty.It is a rare gift!
Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by turawafett(f): 2:17pm On Oct 08, 2013
Nike you are a strong woman, it's not easy to let it out at first, it takes a lot of courage to do what you just did. And this will go a long way to help other women and young lady out there to be more aware. Information is power.

Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 08, 2013
Now I feel sad! sad. First NL news I really appreciate.
Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by vislabraye(m): 2:30pm On Oct 08, 2013
Its sad. Some diseases are not scandalous especially if its a congenital defect.
Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by taharqa: 2:34pm On Oct 08, 2013
Woo!!! Some education!! And I never knew about this disease.. And She was sooo open, and Brave about it. A STRONG woman; and I like Strong women... Respects, ma; She just won a Big Fan

Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by andyanders: 2:35pm On Oct 08, 2013
Let them take her to SCOAN and she will be delivered.
Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by taharqa: 2:36pm On Oct 08, 2013
turawafett: Nike you are a strong woman, it's not easy to let it out at first, it takes a lot of courage to do what you just did. And this will go a long way to help other women and young lady out there to be more aware. Information is power.

Exactly!!
Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 08, 2013
Ujujoan:

Nigerians . . .

You are doomed when you do and damned when you don't!

SMH.
Not just Nigerians. The human race are never satisfied.

Btw I like you Uju cheesy
You cannot be intimidated

Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 08, 2013
Endo whatever suppose to be menstrual pain?

me I love her sha.. if not for d age difference,I no mind marrying her
Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by taharqa: 2:42pm On Oct 08, 2013
Cutejay: Please can all those who don't have anything reasonable to say shut the f..ck up'
read the whole story before you spew thrash from your mouths-obviously you wouldn't know the pain someone goes through till you are in their shoes.

She has come out to educate others and save many women from dying in pain-awareness is important, it wasn't easy for her but she has done many a favour, so your opinion of her doesn't count.

I admire your strenght Nike God bless you.
NL can be so incredibly ANNOYING most times, dear; but I hope d message has been past.... She is in deed a Brave lady

Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by switdil(f): 2:48pm On Oct 08, 2013
I just thank God for my life
N as for her
She is a strong woman
E no easy

Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 08, 2013
It is well....there's nothing God cn nt do....

Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by Adesam01(m): 2:50pm On Oct 08, 2013
dominique: As a public figure, she should have come clean and disclose her fertility issue much earlier. She used to tell journalists that she didn't want kids and she'd prefer to adopt. Her story could have touched and educated a lot of people in similar situations. Anyways, better late than never. Good for her.

Can you come out clean and tell us your own condition? You talk like one of those foolish people, Is it that easy?

Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by theripper3: 2:58pm On Oct 08, 2013
Woman wahala.

Lord, Thank you for nutsacks.
Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by Chanchit: 2:59pm On Oct 08, 2013
Its only God that can forgive people like me that have called this lady all sort of names like Ashawo etc, when she's yet to get married or reproduce @ 40.
Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by dominique(f): 3:04pm On Oct 08, 2013
DarryOsh:
like you earlier said: better late than never. The press was pestering her and she wasn't strong enough to deal with the embarrassment (which she still suffers from) that comes from talking about it. Yeah, speaking earlier would have been best, but please lets give her some credit. Celebrity or not, its not easy to put your personal business in the open for people to analyze. For example, after all the explanation she gave, imagine the question this one is asking:

True. To bad we live in a very judgemental society where majority of its people choose to remain ignorant. The nature of comments on this topic speaks volumes about caliber of people in this country.

Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by thorpido(m): 3:08pm On Oct 08, 2013
Chanchit: Its only God that can forgive people like me that have called this lady all sort of names like Ashawo etc, when she's yet to get married or reproduce @ 40.
it's a very enlightening piece.
That doesn't change the fact that she is a 'waka' woman.She married my boss Soleye so I know.
Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by geesilver(m): 3:14pm On Oct 08, 2013
Puttin myslf. In her shoe ℓ̊. Feel for her she Ȋ̝̊̅§ goin tru alot. My. God will c ƴƠƲ tru
Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by IYANGBALI: 3:15pm On Oct 08, 2013
dominique: As a public figure, she should have come clean and disclose her fertility issue much earlier. She used to tell journalists that she didn't want kids and she'd prefer to adopt. Her story could have touched and educated a lot of people in similar situations. Anyways, better late than never. Good for her.
must you know everything about her because she is a public figure?i wonder how much you would disclose to the public when you eventually become a wife to a local government Councillor.That one too na public figure now. grin grin grin
Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by IYANGBALI: 3:16pm On Oct 08, 2013
Adesam01:

Can you come out clean and tell us your own condition? You talk like one of those foolish people, Is it that easy?

God bless you
Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by IYANGBALI: 3:18pm On Oct 08, 2013
sanniemoe: Endo whatever suppose to be menstrual pain?

me I love her sha.. if not for d age difference,I no mind marrying her
see ole,you wan marry her fame and money abi? grin grin grin grin
Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by dominique(f): 3:20pm On Oct 08, 2013
Adesam01:

Mumu, so you endorse people lying then changing stories years later huh? Celebs have the power to use the media to their advantage and educate people especially those in situations like this. Anyways, I'm happy she has come out with this, for the benefits of millions of women who are not aware.
Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by IYANGBALI: 3:27pm On Oct 08, 2013
dominique:

Mumu, so you endorse people lying then changing stories years later huh? Celebs have the power to use the media to their advantage and educate people especially those in situations like this. Anyways, I'm happy she has come out with this, for the benefits of millions of women who are not aware.
what are you waiting for now?try become celeb,make we dey hear everything about your life,the good,the bad and the ugly.Na people like you go do worse when you become celeb,thank God say na second hand clothes you dey sell for oshodi market so no celeb status for you unless you marry an up coming actor like me grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by caprini: 3:27pm On Oct 08, 2013
OMG! to think she was going through all this,and some lazy ass junk journalists are always writing poo on her sleeping with this and that president and vice president back In the days.
Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by soulglo: 3:27pm On Oct 08, 2013
Endometriosis is not always a disease. A lot of women live with endometriosis. Not a big deal with most. In a small percentage of women it can be bad. Maybe she is part of that small percentage. Just putting it out there so that some of these quack doctors will not convince you to have surgery when it could be just watched and managed.
Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by alpontif(m): 3:30pm On Oct 08, 2013
that Nike is the definition of a Strong woman. I respect her.
Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 08, 2013
There is a cure for that, i av to x the rite doctor
Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by soulglo: 3:43pm On Oct 08, 2013
Shyna112: There is a cure for that, i av to x the rite doctor

There's no cure. You manage it. In extreme cases you get surgery

Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck / Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( / Fastest Way To Lose Weight?