Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,824 members, 7,956,114 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:46 AM

Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis (28548 Views)

Endometriosis,adenomyosis,polycystic Ovarian Cyst Story? Or Fibroid / Endometriosis / Serrapeptase May Be Good For Endometriosis And Cysts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by joelenesleek(f): 11:13pm On Oct 08, 2013
babyosisi:

That is the classic symptom
Pain during menses
Like her I just took pain medicines from my teenage years to deal with it but as I got older it got worse
And after my last child,when the period came ,it was flowing like tap
And the pain increasingly got worse monthly such that I could hardly work on those days but lay writhing in pain
2008 was a very significant year in my family,I was sick all the time
Hubby was afraid to travel
I couldn't do much at those times
I will wake up screaming in pain
The pain medicines were no longer effective
Trying to do a no 2 was torture,I would be screaming and moaning
Couldn't walk straight
I even cancelled my trip to Nigeria that year
It paralyzed my whole household
It was at that point I went to see an OBGYN for an ultrasound and another ultrasound
Then when they ruled out fibroids ,it was endometriosis
Had surgery to zap inside my uterus with laser and I have been free of pain praise God
Now at that time of the month,ordinary pain pills will do the work and I haven't missed a day of work for that again.
I totally understand what she is talking about
God Bless your Husband, he shall live long to enjoy you and your love.

1 Like

Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by Brainiacmrtolz(m): 11:49pm On Oct 08, 2013
40yrs of issue of blood! God of Prophet Sanmi Metiboba will heal you IJN! Amen
Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by trolling(m): 12:29am On Oct 09, 2013
same thing happened with the woman who menstruated for 12 years before she gat healed
Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by mkoabiola: 12:52am On Oct 09, 2013
I took tym to read it all cos it an health issue.
Very educative,insightful and touching story.
Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by Nobody: 2:59am On Oct 09, 2013
adekayo_1234: though I knew endometriosis which some also call pelvic inflammation is a major cause of infertility, I have never imagined it comes also with lots of pain...God bless u Nike and babyosisi for sharing this and I pray God will heal Nike and those in her shoes. my sister gat to read this

If you are not sure of what you are saying please keep quiet
Pelvic inflammatory disease is a sexually transmitted disease
Has absolutely no connection with endometriosis
Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by joelenesleek(f): 9:35am On Oct 09, 2013
babyosisi:

If you are not sure of what you are saying please keep quiet
Pelvic inflammatory disease is a sexually transmitted disease
Has absolutely no connection with endometriosis

I really don't know what's up with most people like you here? You musn't shut him up, yell, bark, scream n Nagg just to prove a point we all know. Learn to respect other people's view and live very long.
Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by okwele1(f): 12:46pm On Oct 09, 2013
may God comfort & give her healing in Jesus name Amen
Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 09, 2013
[quote
author=joelenesleek]
I really don't know what's up with most people like you here? You musn't
shut him up, yell, bark, scream n Nagg just to prove a point we all
know. Learn to respect other people's view and live very long.[/quote]it is better to bark and correct somebody than keep quiet and allow millions of lives to b fooled n deceived all because u want to contribute.All that the former has sed dat ENDOMETRIOSIS is P.I.D is blatant nonentity of a human potraying knowledge with a dark sense of finess!

1 Like

Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by sparta(f): 5:23pm On Oct 09, 2013
is it easy to disclose such a thing? We all have our pride so easy on her if you are just hearing this. Come to think of it, i read about her health issue in a magazine some years ago. Wonder why people think her opening up is recent

1 Like

Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by joelenesleek(f): 9:19pm On Oct 09, 2013
Lucky-G-:
it is better to bark and correct somebody than keep quiet and allow millions of lives to b fooled n deceived all because u want to contribute.All that the former has sed dat ENDOMETRIOSIS is P.I.D is blatant nonentity of a human potraying knowledge with a dark sense of finess!
I know so, but if u ave a point prove it and correct him/her than humiliate the person. He will appreciate more.
Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by soulglo: 1:14am On Oct 10, 2013
Lucky-G-:
it is better to bark and correct somebody than keep quiet and allow millions of lives to b fooled n deceived all because u want to contribute.All that the former has sed dat ENDOMETRIOSIS is P.I.D is blatant nonentity of a human potraying knowledge with a dark sense of finess!

Well she is not wrong. She never said Pelvic Inflammatory Disease. Endometriosis causes pelvic inflammation and is very similar to PID in presentation. So many women with Endometriosis do suffer from pelvic inflammation not Pelvic Inflammatory Disease.
Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by girlloom(f): 7:46pm On Nov 09, 2013
I am so happy to come accross a post like this. I was diagnosed with endometriosis in 2010. Prior to diagnosis I used to have unbearable menstrual cramps and nonstop heavy periods and pains during number 2. In 2010 painkillers stopped working, my periods became a nightmare. I am always rushed to the hospital on emergency and injected with pentalucin. Endometriosis affected every area of my life, I was always on sick leave and sex is a nightmare.

I had a sugery to take out cysts in 2012. In 2013, I developed another cyst plus adhesions which blocked my ureters and caused my kidneys to enlarge. I had to travel out to remove the cyst and get stents implanted . I will be on hormones to stop my period till I am ready for children.

I don't have kids yet but I strongly believe in Jesus name that I will have my own kids when the time comes and will come back here to testify.

Endometriosis is real!

4 Likes

Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by toygod2: 12:27am On Dec 18, 2013
sorry tho
Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by matgeezy: 7:41pm On Jun 13, 2015
girlloom:
I am so happy to come accross a post like this. I was diagnosed with endometriosis in 2010. Prior to diagnosis I used to have unbearable menstrual cramps and nonstop heavy periods and pains during number 2. In 2010 painkillers stopped working, my periods became a nightmare. I am always rushed to the hospital on emergency and injected with pentalucin. Endometriosis affected every area of my life, I was always on sick leave and sex is a nightmare.

I had a sugery to take out cysts in 2012. In 2013, I developed another cyst plus adhesions which blocked my ureters and caused my kidneys to enlarge. I had to travel out to remove the cyst and get stents implanted . I will be on hormones to stop my period till I am ready for children.

I don't have kids yet but I strongly believe in Jesus name that I will have my own kids when the time comes and will come back here to testify.

Endometriosis is real!
finally someone talks about it. Me too. Terrible pain. Even in my chest when i have my period. I have suffered for 15years. And no doctor could diagnose it till i met a woman with d same problem who wasnt ab,e to conceive for several years. When i realised her symptoms were like mine,i ran to the doctor and almost had to hold a gun to his head to take a proper look. God help all women with this problem. Because you have to live it to understand it.

1 Like

Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by girlloom(f): 10:02pm On Jan 30, 2016
To God be the glory! With faith, I said I was going to come back here and testify. I conceived naturally by Gods grace and had my baby boy on the 31st of December 2015. I am thankful to God Almighty, he alone is worthy of my praise. Despite all the reports from doctors, Gods report was final. God is real, he answers prayers and is still in the business of performing miracles.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by Mamatee07: 2:06am On Jan 31, 2016
girlloom:
To God be the glory! With faith, I said I was going to come back here and testify. I conceived naturally by Gods grace and had my baby boy on the 31st of December 2015. I am thankful to God Almighty, he alone is worthy of my praise. Despite all the reports from doctors, Gods report was final. God is real, he answers prayers and is still in the business of performing miracles.

WOW i'am so happy for you. God is indeed awesome and he will continue to bless you and watch over your baby. God that has given you this child will give you as many as you desire. Amen
Re: Adenike Oshinowo's Battle With Endometriosis by Mimzyy(f): 2:46pm On Dec 05, 2016
I guess the pain varies... Some are not as acute as others.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light / The Rhesus Blood Group And Pregnancies; What You Must Know? / Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.