Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs? (2276 Views)

Is It Wrong To Question The Existence Of God / Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? / Why Are People So Afraid To Question God? Why, How, When, If Etc? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs? by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 08, 2013
I am running out of strategies and the number of setbacks I have had is affecting my ministry grin

I am open to suggestions (and tithes)

Seriously, what can we do?
The atheist sermons seem to be working but I feel more can be done.......

We also need more female atheists/pagans/unbelievers etc...........

How do we proceed?
Re: How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs? by mumumugu(m): 8:08am On Oct 08, 2013
Join us

1 Like

Re: How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs? by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 08, 2013
mumumugu: Join us

Who are "US"?
Re: How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:17am On Oct 08, 2013
Write a letter to a church and hold a formal debate on a tv or radio.

Thats my job anytime I go to church. Though some dont give me audience but I love JW, they can argue for 24 hours now stop.....we share drinks and food and argue.

Bashing pastors in front of his followers is really cool

1 Like

Re: How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs? by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 08, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Write a letter to a church and hold a formal debate on a tv or radio.

Thats my job anytime I go to church. Though some dont give me audience but I love JW, they can argue for 24 hours now stop.....we share drinks and food and argue.

Bashing pastors in front of his followers is really cool

Where your church...let me give them some logicboy debunking....... cheesy
Re: How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs? by Smartiegurl(f): 8:20am On Oct 08, 2013
What a waste of time..
Re: How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs? by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 08, 2013
Smartie gurl: What a waste of time..

noooooo

Wait, we need atheist babes....is there anything that could convince to question religion kiss
Re: How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:46am On Oct 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

Where your church...let me give them some logicboy debunking....... cheesy

lol. I dont have church.

Usually invited after bashing members. Lol
Re: How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs? by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 08, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

lol. I dont have church.

Usually invited after bashing members. Lol

Omo....that's a good church grin grin grin grin grin grin

I think there should be a debate between atheists and christians in a church hall.

In the usa, some churches have even started inviting atheists to discuss with the congregation- bt these are very liberal churches
Re: How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:58am On Oct 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

Omo....that's a good church grin grin grin grin grin grin

I think there should be a debate between atheists and christians in a church hall.

In the usa, some churches have even start inviting atheists to discuss with the congregation- bt these are very liberal churches

And you think they will recognise you as atheist? Base your point on misconception of a bible verse. Like God is evil according to Isaiah. Haha. Then you can beat anybody who stand up with more verses. They will just look at you as dubious christian.

But dont really if official letter will work though. You can make a try
Re: How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs? by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 08, 2013
Logic Sceptics Are Rarely Made In Nigeria most are born given that Nigeria is also at the Peak Of Penticostal Revivalism which is sniffing the life out of any form of doubt whatsoever as a kid i always wondered why can't there be one religion and what would ve existed if this world doesn't but would later supress such thoughts and i also used to think why would God send his son to far away isreal but would also dismiss such thought assuming it was the jewish hypothetical satan puting such thoughts in my heart, i also met a friend whose father his an IMAM and attended islamic schools for almost seven years of his life but don't believe, the guy is Agnost he said he has always doubted his father's teachings since childhood.

Another factor hindering the propagation of reason in Nigeria are unexplained or rather unphantomable occurence which the followers of Yahweh or Allah attribute to the hebrew war god or his War mongering arabia Counterpart as i've had similar experiences which transcends physical laws and unexplainable for the time being which also still makes me belive in a God , An anthropomorphic one? i'm not certain of.

A little history of the church and more textual criticism should be able to FLIP the switch of an individual whose Viral Load is still below the sky level so i'll advise you work on that and did i forget to mention that some guyz in my department visit this board and have somewhat been influenced by it.

Great Day.
Re: How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs? by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 08, 2013
Nolongthing1: Logic Sceptics Are Rarely Made In Nigeria most are born given that Nigeria is also at the Peak Of Penticostal Revivalism which is sniffing the life out of any form of doubt whatsoever as a kid i always wondered why can't there be one religion and what would ve existed if this world doesn't but would later supress such thoughts and i also used to think why would God send his son to far away isreal but would also dismiss such thought assuming it was the jewish hypothetical satan puting such thoughts in my heart, i also met a friend whose father his an IMAM and attended islamic schools for almost seven years of his life but don't believe, the guy is Agnost he said he has always doubted his father's teachings since childhood.

Another factor hindering the propagation of reason in Nigeria are unexplained or rather unphantomable occurence which the followers of Yahweh or Allah attribute to the hebrew war god or his War mongering arabia Counterpart as i've had similar experiences which transcends physical laws and unexplainable for the time being which also still makes me belive in a God , An anthropomorphic one? i'm not certain of.

A little history of the church and more textual criticism should be able to FLIP the switch of an individual whose Viral Load is still below the sky level so i'll advise you work on that and [size=18pt]did i forget to mention that some guyz in my department visit this board and have somewhat been influenced by it.[/size]

Great Day.

Great day sir, great day!! grin grin

Thanks for the words!
Re: How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs? by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 08, 2013
Op, let me ask you this, after atheism, what next?

According to you it is simply a lack of belief, and nothing more. It is simply anti and not pro. But people need a pro, something to believe in. In other words, to entice people out of something, you have to entice them into something else. You cannot take what people hold on to and give them nothing in return, especially in such a depressing nation.

Hope you get me?

1 Like

Re: How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 08, 2013
barefootbandit: Op, let me ask you this, after atheism, what next?

According to you it is simply a lack of belief, and nothing more. It is simply anti and not pro. But people need a pro, something to believe in. In other words, to entice people out of something, you have to entice them into something else. You cannot take what people hold on to and give them nothing in return, especially in such a depressing nation.

Hope you get me?

Hmm that's true.
Re: How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs? by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:02pm On Oct 08, 2013

Hope you get me?

Belief in yourself and capability to work.
Re: How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 08, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Belief in yourself and capability to work.

True, but people are going to need guidance on that, or at least a fellowship of some sorts. Not everybody can walk alone, especially when you've been brought up to attribute and give your life to a deity.
Re: How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs? by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:19pm On Oct 08, 2013
barefootbandit:

True, but people are going to need guidance on that, or at least a fellowship of some sorts. Not everybody can walk alone, especially when you've been brought up to attribute and give your life to a deity.

Government and law comes in.
Re: How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 08, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Government and law comes in.

Please elaborate.
Re: How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 08, 2013
Logicboy03: I am running out of strategies and the number of setbacks I have had is affecting my ministry grin

I am open to suggestions (and tithes)

Seriously, what can we do?
The atheist sermons seem to be working but I feel more can be done.......

We also need more female atheists/pagans/unbelievers etc...........

How do we proceed?

smiley cheesy grin
Re: How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 08, 2013

Hope you get me?

I agree 100%....thats why I am also a humanist.
Re: How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs? by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:43pm On Oct 08, 2013
barefootbandit:

Please elaborate.

You asked about protection or something....government is there to protect when needed. The law of the country will guide you too.

Cleared?
Re: How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

I agree 100%....thats why I am also a humanist.

Good!

But there seems to be a problem here. I just went through the first page of your list of threads, and I see more of an anti-theist than a humanist. As a humanist your life should not revolve around religion, it should revolve around man. You should also be creating threads centering on gay rights, the adverse effects of gender roles and inequality on both women and men, the effects of particular laws, of media, and all those other things which are vital to the peaceful coexistence of man.

I know religion has a lot to with these things, but it is not all down to religion, there are so many other factors in life. It's so much more complex than that. And so as a humanist I expect you to look beyond religion, to look at all the other factors which influence both the society and the individual, and how we could all come together to solve the world's problems.

You need to be more pro-man than anti-theist.

1 Like

Re: How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 08, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

You asked about protection or something....government is there to protect when needed. The law of the country will guide you too.

Cleared?

Nope, so the law is going to help you with your "spirituality". wink

Nowadays people need more than the basics.
Re: How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 08, 2013
barefootbandit:

Good!

But there seems to be a problem here. I just went through the first page of your list of threads, and I see more of an anti-theist than a humanist. As a humanist your life should not revolve around religion, it should revolve around man. You should also be creating threads centering on gay rights, the adverse effects of gender roles and inequality on both women and men, the effects of particular laws, of media, and all those other things which are vital to the peaceful coexistence of man.

I know religion has a lot to with these things, but it is not all down to religion, there are so many other factors in life. It's so much more complex than that. And so as a humanist I expect you to look beyond religion, to look at all the other factors which influence both the society and the individual, and how we could all come together to solve the world's problems.

You need to be more pro-man than anti-theist.

I have touched on those topics here and there......

Bros, religion is the main focus here.

You can not decide my balance for me. I am an atheist and a humanist. However, I feel like representing them is my prerogative. I know that you're only trying to help but guy....crossing lines mennnn
Re: How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

I have touched on those topics here and there......

Bros, religion is the main focus here.

You can not decide my balance for me. I am an atheist and a humanist. However, I feel like representing them is my prerogative. I know that you're only trying to help but guy... crossing lines mennnn

I break frontiers. cool

On a serious note, people are always going to come back to religion if some other areas leave them blank. It might not be the Abrahamic faiths, it might even be a new religion, it might not be about a deity but might include brainwashing. Nevertheless people will keep coming back if other areas of their life leave them empty. All these things are interconnected, it is impossible to solve one and think you have solved all.

But hey, your life, your path to choose, and I respect that. Have a good day.
Re: How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 08, 2013
barefootbandit:

I break frontiers. cool

On a serious note, people are always going to come back to religion if some other areas leave them blank. It might not be the Abrahamic faiths, it might even be a new religion, it might not be about a deity but might include brainwashing. Nevertheless people will keep coming back if other areas of their life leave them empty. All these things are interconnected, it is impossible to solve one and think you have solved all.

But hey, your life, your path to choose, and I respect that. Have a good day.

lol....well said...I cant do everything naa wink
Re: How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs? by UyiIredia(m): 1:34pm On Oct 08, 2013
Talk about it. Or read things related to it without fear of responses, who kniws an interesting talk or charged argument that will have its effect will ensue.. On initially joining Nairaland I was hesitant to show I was engaged in atheist topics but now I am not, my siblings know, but a time will come, especially wrt my sis that I will tell her up-front my mind on her complaints regrding this. Simply put, I am not a Christian. People I'm acquainted with appear to still think so.
Re: How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs? by Oduduwaboy(m): 3:44pm On Oct 08, 2013
Dear Logic boy ,

i do always enjoy your threads on nairaland .Its been of so much use to me. Presently , am agnostic and it has given me incomparable peace unlike before when i always believed God was waiting at every corner to punish me for ....whatever!

I think you can never really convert people into Atheism or other shades of the application of reason and logic . I believe you only need to continue laying the facts of the foolisness of religion open ....Europe had stronger religious fervor 500 years ago but now they are almost areligious ......

1 Like

Re: How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 08, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Talk about it. Or read things related to it without fear of responses, who kniws an interesting talk or charged argument that will have its effect will ensue.. On initially joining Nairaland I was hesitant to show I was engaged in atheist topics but now I am not, my siblings know, but a time will come, especially wrt my sis that I will tell her up-front my mind on her complaints regrding this. Simply put, I am not a Christian. People I'm acquainted with appear to still think so.

Nice....then why are you alwsays antagonizing me?
Re: How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 08, 2013
Oduduwaboy: Dear Logic boy ,

i do always enjoy your threads on nairaland .Its been of so much use to me. Presently , am agnostic and it has given me incomparable peace unlike before when i always believed God was waiting at every corner to punish me for ....whatever!

I think you can never really convert people into Atheism or other shades of the application of reason and logic . I believe you only need to continue laying the facts of the foolisness of religion open ....Europe had stronger religious fervor 500 years ago but now they are almost areligious ......

Great post.

Wow. grin

Didnt know I was of so much service
Re: How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs? by PastorOluT(m): 4:03pm On Oct 08, 2013
Sincerely Logicboy I like u and have read some of ur post which make much sense to me, bt seriously its high time someone call u to order. I seriously fear for u for u know not what u are getting involve with, there is more to life than here and now, and consequences too.

I also have doubts or let me say some things I am yet to understand fully, bt what keep me straight is my experiences. God is real, more real than u can ever imagine, this is not just a talk of a man being brainwashed bt a man with load of experiences.
WATCH HOW YOU THREAD MAN!
Re: How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 08, 2013
Pastor Olu T: Sincerely Logicboy I like u and have read some of ur post which make much sense to me, bt seriously its high time someone call u to order. I seriously fear for u for u know not what u are getting involve with, there is more to life than here and now, and consequences too.

I also have doubts or let me say some things I am yet to understand fully, bt what keep me straight is my experiences. God is real, more real than u can ever imagine, this is not just a talk of a man being brainwashed bt a man with load of experiences.
WATCH HOW YOU THREAD MAN!

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Answers To Supersuave's 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another / Christians, Don't Be So Gullible!!!! / Remember The Cross - Joseph Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.