Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC (39160 Views)

El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) / Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:51pm On Oct 09, 2013
Eledan: I thought Ibos are Christians and frowns at anything that has to do with idolatry practice ...which clearly the Ofala festival represent....

Why are they now all up in arms against Ngige?

Hypocrisy !

IF YOU ARE IGBO, YOU MUST FOLLOW IGBO RELIGION (even if you are grandpapa is christian/jesus relative).
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by biafranqueen: 11:54pm On Oct 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
I don't play partisan politics and there's no reason why i will favour Ngige over any other candidate as i have been more critical of APC even more than the most hated party in Africa(PDP). I'm only trying to understand if there's a rule that says that no one can host an event on an ofala festival day. I'm saying this because i believe that since Igwe Achebe has a soft spot for Peter Obi and has invariably endorsed Obiano, that he's just using Ngige as a scape goat.
yes the tradition is that you do not hold events on Ofala Festival it is Igwes day the market is suppose to be closed, when I was little in the 80s all the Emirs Obas everyone comes, from far and wide. It is a very heavy event.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by biafranqueen: 12:06am On Oct 10, 2013
Afam4eva: But on a second thought, i think Ngige and those around him are 1diots. As a governorship candidate, it's advisable that you try as much as possible not to step on people's toes as it may come back to hunt you. Even if there's no rule prohibiting anyone from conducting a campaign on a day set aside for the Ofala festival, common sense should tell Ngige that he should move his event to a later date and even attend the festival and pay homage to the Obi of Onitsha. That's what smart politicians do. He should not take actions that will be counter-productive as people especially from this part of the world are very traditional. This is similar to when he came out to speak about the deportation saga which he shouldn't have spoken about whether what he said was wrong or right. people should be wise when playing politics.
this is the Afam I know, very very stupid move. This man has been a poli thief for too long not to know the rules no poli thief in any state would disrespect the tradition and the culture of the people. He is suppose to be a titled man this was a big slap to Igbo people after the dropping on the bridge episode which I blamed Obis people because they should have sent someone to Lagos when they were locked up and contacted, but this was a very unprofessional strategy and proof he has lost touch with his constituents.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Deskyo: 1:01am On Oct 10, 2013
Let me tell u d people dat attend d campaign are not more dan 15000
I was dere life.ask tinibu he was disappointed .

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Deskyo: 1:07am On Oct 10, 2013
I can tell u authoritatively dat tinibu was disappointed in rochas and ngige cos d crowd was not upto 15000. I was dere life.
I tell u we hv accepted dat we will lose d election already . APC for ever!
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by bushwailo: 2:53am On Oct 10, 2013
Deskyo: I can tell u authoritatively dat tinibu was disappointed in rochas and ngige cos d crowd was not upto 15000. I was dere life.
So it is now low crowd.
I thought you say na boo, stone and pure water you go take drive am. undecided
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by bushwailo: 2:58am On Oct 10, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

IF YOU ARE IGBO, YOU MUST FOLLOW IGBO RELIGION (even if you are grandpapa is christian/jesus relative).
Shut up my friend !
There is no such thing as Igbo Religion.
Even if there is one it is Christianity.
I can see you are desperate to play up this small issue of Obi of Onitsha.

Achebe is Obi of Onitsha and not Obi of Anambra.
Igwe of Ngige's town must have blessed him many times so he doesn't matter. grin
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by gregg2: 3:02am On Oct 10, 2013
Ngige don enter "One Chance"
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by TempleChinedum(m): 3:40am On Oct 10, 2013
Idi Amin: And who is Obi of onitsha? Does he have two heads? Why must everything about Ngige be politicized? A culti*st and ritual*ist placing a curse on an innocent man is simply the biggest joke of the century. As if the so called gods of the land are listening to him.mtcheeeeeew undecided

Mr man you are a BIG F.O.O.L
In as much as Ngige doubles up as a thief and good man same time, our tradition must be respected!
Nonsense!
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by ikechemez(m): 7:17am On Oct 10, 2013
Igwe or no igwe, Ngige must reign again,

Thank God the electorate would decide and npt Igwe

Ngige all the way
All haters should Hug transformer right now
28282deb
And who is Obi of onitsha? Does he have two heads? Why must everything about Ngige be politicized? A culti*st and ritual*ist placing a curse on an innocent man is simply the biggest joke of the century. As if the so called gods of the land are listening to him.mtcheeeeeew

(Quote) (Report) 81 Likes

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Eledan: 7:28am On Oct 10, 2013
Ngige will definitely have sympathy votes from people of Anambra during the election.

Nigerians generally supports those persecuted....

The Ofada Obi can keep the votes of the electoral booth located in his shrine for his preferred candidate.

Nonsense !

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by ACM10: 7:50am On Oct 10, 2013
Peter Obi will do ANYTHING to install his boy to the post. Now he is trying to pitch Ngige against much respected Obi Achebe and Igbo traditional institution by extension. If Obi Achebe truly cursed Ngige, then it's unfortunate. I believe that there is a mix up of information here. Ngige will not disrespect Onitsha traditional institution intentionally. I'm hopeful that this issue will be resolved. However, come rain come shine, I will not vote for Obi's boy by november. We will punish him for a slight on Prof Soludo.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by VirginFinder: 8:11am On Oct 10, 2013
Arysexy:

So building bridges is in ur apc constitution, bt fashola is been breakin bridges by deportation and all his anti-igbo policies in lag, when u nid our vote so as to annex our wealth to ur criminal godfada u rmbr building briges. Bridge ndi Yoruba gbakwa oku. Na by force to force alliance with u hypocrites?

Yes we have to annex your wealth so that we can take care of your people who keep migrating to our lands for the better life. cool

Anambra has to be governed by the best hand - a Yoruba-anointed Ngige - so that it can become a Lagos of some sort for all ibos. cool

Ibos won't have to throng to Lagos and then face detention/deportation when they begin to constitute nuisance to us. tongue
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Eledan: 8:16am On Oct 10, 2013
Temple Chinedum:

Mr man you are a BIG F.O.O.L
In as much as Ngige doubles up as a thief and good man same time, our tradition must be respected!
Nonsense!

Fvck that your tradition that tramples upon people's right of civil gathering and association!!

Bloody hypocrites!!!

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by miguelangelo01(m): 8:49am On Oct 10, 2013
[ author=chima12]However way you look at it,it wasn't wise of ngige to carry out his political rally on thesame day an important festival was on-going in onitsha.ngige is a titled chief,he should comport himself with wisdom and not act like rascals.[/quote]
HE has always bn a rascal ...does his things the way n wen he feels like without due consultations.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by dallyemmy: 8:57am On Oct 10, 2013
Even if he like make e strike ofor 3 million times for ground sef! One thing wey I know very well be say Jehovah has the final say! Ngige nor fear! You nefa read say he prepare a table for me in the presence of Ofor people. Abeg go ahead. Just be prayerful!
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by dallyemmy: 9:05am On Oct 10, 2013
Deskyo: I can tell u authoritatively dat tinibu was disappointed in rochas and ngige cos d crowd was not upto 15000. I was dere life.
bros I watch am life for AIT dem pass 15000 well well. Abeg talk anoda tin
bros I watch am life for AIT dem pass 15000 well well. Abeg talk anoda tin

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by B2mario(m): 9:19am On Oct 10, 2013
ACM10: Peter Obi will do ANYTHING to install his boy to the post. Now he is trying to pitch Ngige against much respected Obi Achebe and Igbo traditional institution by extension. If Obi Achebe truly cursed Ngige, then it's unfortunate. I believe that there is a mix up of information here. Ngige will not disrespect Onitsha traditional institution intentionally. I'm hopeful that this issue will be resolved. However, come rain come shine, I will not vote for Obi's boy by november. We will punish him for a slight on Prof Soludo.
you are very knowledgeable.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by B2mario(m): 9:23am On Oct 10, 2013
dallyemmy: Even if he like make e strike ofor 3 million times for ground sef! One thing wey I know very well be say Jehovah has the final say! Ngige nor fear! You nefa read say he prepare a table for me in the presence of Ofor people. Abeg go ahead. Just be prayerful!
You are funny man.cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by dallyemmy: 9:29am On Oct 10, 2013
1Corinthians 10:14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 10, 2013
Igwe!
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Lilimax(f): 10:31am On Oct 10, 2013
dallyemmy: 1Corinthians 10:14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by manny4life(m): 11:18am On Oct 10, 2013
dallyemmy: Even if he like make e strike ofor 3 million times for ground sef! One thing wey I know very well be say Jehovah has the final say! Ngige nor fear! You nefa read say he prepare a table for me in the presence of Ofor people. Abeg go ahead. Just be prayerful!

God honors a man's prayer who's clean at heart, and dishonors a man who disrespects the law. You people that always twist the Bible, but you forget very quickly of the very few teachings of Jesus Christ who was humble and meek, after love and another one, it was "RESPECT/OBEDIENCE". God emphasized about respecting and obeying your parents, leaders in the church, elderly in the community, and even "SUBMITTING to governing authority.

In Romans 1-3

"Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God. So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and they will be punished. For the authorities do not strike fear in people who are doing right, but in those who are doing wrong. Would you like to live without fear of the authorities? Do what is right, and they will honor you."

So again, how do you honor a man who knowingly disrespects authority and those whom the people have chosen to lead them and then say, he shall prepare a table before your enemies? If you are gonna quote the Bible, DO IT RIGHT. God honors his words than his own name.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Cuche: 11:30am On Oct 10, 2013
As the Election draws very near, we need a
leader with such vision someone who will
value our history and uphold the dreams of
our Fathers, who laid the foundation for our
enterprise, who valued the importance of
practical education. A number of them were
Catechists, traders, but they contributed
money sacrificially to build schools, technical
centres and even sent some of our sons to
European countries to study.
We need a leader who will create industrial
zones, support them financially through
creation of necessary infrastructure,
independent power for those zones, we need
airports, universities (not just one) that are
technically oriented.
We need a government that will value
overseas scholarships for deserving under-
graduate and post-graduate students. A
government that will partner with
industrialized nation to turn Anambra to an
industrial hurb even if loans are involved or
we paying them in kind through other means.
We need a Leader who will build world class
Universities, health centre, stadia and sports
complex, farm settlements, airports and trade
zones, a leader who will support and
encourage each Local government to
produce something that can be exported,
thereby creating jobs. A leader who will value
the importance of a vibrant local government
administration.
The amount of money that came into
Anambra in the past 8 years could do these
things if the vision was there.
We need do not need another Peter Obi, who
has shown lack of vision except for the
establishments where he has personal
interest. His pattern of spending over the
past years leaves much to be desired. His
ideas of development is very faulty. The
infra-structural drive in Awka, Onitsha, Nnewi
and indeed most communities are mostly
private and individual efforts.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:03pm On Oct 10, 2013
bushwailo:
Shut up my friend !
There is no such thing as Igbo Religion.
Even if there is one it is Christianity.
I can see you are desperate to play up this small issue of Obi of Onitsha.

Achebe is Obi of Onitsha and not Obi of Anambra.
Igwe of Ngige's town must have blessed him many times so he doesn't matter. grin

[size=28pt]YOU SHUT UP!

IGBO RELIGION IS ODINANI!

CHRISTIANITY IS MAN-MADE RELIGION OF SLAVES, NOT IGBOS![/size]
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by goziepenzy: 3:12pm On Oct 10, 2013
malele: The flag off of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Governorship candidate in Anambra State, Dr Chris Nwabueze Ngige Tuesday kicked off without the national leader of the party, Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu even as the traditional institution in Onitsha condemned the flag off on the day Onitsha was holding its Ofala festival.

Although only three governors, including Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, Fayemi of Ekiti State and Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State where among other party chieftains who attended the rally, which was disrupted by a heavy down pour till after 3 pm.
Adding to that, youths in Onitsha protested against Ngige for holding their flag-off campaign on the day, Dr. Alfred Achebe, the Igwe of Onitsha was having his Ofala festival.

The Obi of Onitsha speaking at his palace, placed curse on Ngige and APC , saying his Ofala announcement was made over a year ago and wondered why APC should disrupt its sanctity.

While rounding up his Ofala festival Tuesday, the angry Obi said it was very disrespectful for a political party, in spite of the almost one year notice, to fix their rally the same day.

He angrily struck his ofor thrice on the ground and spoke in Igbo "onye mejoo ani, ochuba ya (he who goes contrary to tradition will have himself hunted).

Earlier he debunked the rumour in some quarters that he resigned as the Chairman of the Traditional Rulers Council on account of differences with Governor Obi, insisting that having been in the position for over five years that it was time for others to serve too.

He said he enjoyed good and harmonious relationship with Obi, who accorded him due respect punctuated by reciprocity. He said he was behind him in the support for Anambra North to produce the next governor in the spirit of equity and fairness.

Senator Ngige was also not spared too by Governor Obi, who condemned APC rally, expressing surprise that a true Igbo son, Dr. Chris Ngige is supposed to be, would allow his party to fix rally at Onitsha the same day the Obi of Onitsha is performing Ofala festival.

Calling on the people of the state to respect traditional institutions, he wondered if any politician, including Ngige would try such in an APC-controlled state.

Obi, who recalled that APGA shifted their rally from Tuesday, the 8th to Monday, the 7th, said a dog bears the name given it by its owner and that it behoves Igbos to stand up firmly and insist that their traditional institutions must be accorded full respect at all times.

Meanwhile, Onitsha Youths carried placards with anti APC and Ngige inscriptions, some which read: "from deportation to desecration of Igbo land!”

However, while speaking at the campaign rally, Ngige assured Anambrarians that the light will shine again. He restated that Anambra will witness a tremendous improvement within space of time in the state if returned as the state governor adding: “We are in the journey together and we shall sing and rejoice together by March 16 when the batten will shift from Obi to Ngige.

http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/apc-flag-obi-onitsha-places-curse-ngige
. Aboki Rochas don deceive u! Rat wey accompany lizard on a swimming venture, u knw wetn do am? Y fixing ur rally on dat day? Those ur colleagues frm Hausa n Yoruba will they do such 2 dia Emirs n Obas?
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by obayaya(m): 3:23pm On Oct 10, 2013
ACM10: Peter Obi will do ANYTHING to install his boy to the post. Now he is trying to pitch Ngige against much respected Obi Achebe and Igbo traditional institution by extension. If Obi Achebe truly cursed Ngige, then it's unfortunate. I believe that there is a mix up of information here. Ngige will not disrespect Onitsha traditional institution intentionally. I'm hopeful that this issue will be resolved. However, come rain come shine, I will not vote for Obi's boy by november. We will punish him for a slight on Prof Soludo.

your soludo showed the whole world that he's just a partisan politician. not different from the rest of them. cross carpeting just to pick a winning ticket.

punish obi all you want.. akpokuedike will come out victorious.. soludo isn't the only technocrat in anambra.. he should go and sleep
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 10, 2013
manny4life:

God honors a man's prayer who's clean at heart, and dishonors a man who disrespects the law. You people that always twist the Bible, but you forget very quickly of the very few teachings of Jesus Christ who was humble and meek, after love and another one, it was "RESPECT/OBEDIENCE". God emphasized about respecting and obeying your parents, leaders in the church, elderly in the community, and even "SUBMITTING to governing authority.

In Romans 1-3

So again, how do you honor a man who knowingly disrespects authority and those whom the people have chosen to lead them and then say, he shall prepare a table before your enemies? If you are gonna quote the Bible, DO IT RIGHT. God honors his words than his own name.
The same Jesus that was disrespectful as hell to the Government and Authority of his time? Oga Manny, may hypocrisy not kill u o.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:43am On Oct 11, 2013
kingoflag: [size=28pt]The same Jesus that was disrespectful as hell to the Government and Authority of his time? Oga Manny, may hypocrisy not kill u o.[/size]

GBAM! cool

disrespectful to the most prosperous, civilized and stable govt. of the time!
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by achigogoggle(m): 10:26am On Oct 11, 2013
"He whom the gods want to destroy, they first make mad". To me, its quite awkward for Ngige a titled man in Igboland to fix his rally on the day of Ofala that was announced over a year ago. It amounts to a clear disrespect of the person of Obi of Onitsha and by extension, the traditional institutions he(the Obi) represents. Ngige should watch it.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Lushore1: 6:03pm On Apr 08, 2015
achigogoggle:
"He whom the gods want to destroy, they first make mad". To me, its quite awkward for Ngige a titled man in Igboland to fix his rally on the day of Ofala that was announced over a year ago. It amounts to a clear disrespect of the person of Obi of Onitsha and by extension, the traditional institutions he(the Obi) represents. Ngige should watch it.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Lushore1: 6:06pm On Apr 08, 2015
malele:
The flag off of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Governorship candidate in Anambra State, Dr Chris Nwabueze Ngige Tuesday kicked off without the national leader of the party, Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu even as the traditional institution in Onitsha condemned the flag off on the day Onitsha was holding its Ofala festival.

Although only three governors, including Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, Fayemi of Ekiti State and Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State where among other party chieftains who attended the rally, which was disrupted by a heavy down pour till after 3 pm.
Adding to that, youths in Onitsha protested against Ngige for holding their flag-off campaign on the day, Dr. Alfred Achebe, the Igwe of Onitsha was having his Ofala festival.

The Obi of Onitsha speaking at his palace, placed curse on Ngige and APC , saying his Ofala announcement was made over a year ago and wondered why APC should disrupt its sanctity.

While rounding up his Ofala festival Tuesday, the angry Obi said it was very disrespectful for a political party, in spite of the almost one year notice, to fix their rally the same day.

He angrily struck his ofor thrice on the ground and spoke in Igbo "onye mejoo ani, ochuba ya (he who goes contrary to tradition will have himself hunted).

Earlier he debunked the rumour in some quarters that he resigned as the Chairman of the Traditional Rulers Council on account of differences with Governor Obi, insisting that having been in the position for over five years that it was time for others to serve too.

He said he enjoyed good and harmonious relationship with Obi, who accorded him due respect punctuated by reciprocity. He said he was behind him in the support for Anambra North to produce the next governor in the spirit of equity and fairness.

Senator Ngige was also not spared too by Governor Obi, who condemned APC rally, expressing surprise that a true Igbo son, Dr. Chris Ngige is supposed to be, would allow his party to fix rally at Onitsha the same day the Obi of Onitsha is performing Ofala festival.

Calling on the people of the state to respect traditional institutions, he wondered if any politician, including Ngige would try such in an APC-controlled state.

Obi, who recalled that APGA shifted their rally from Tuesday, the 8th to Monday, the 7th, said a dog bears the name given it by its owner and that it behoves Igbos to stand up firmly and insist that their traditional institutions must be accorded full respect at all times.

Meanwhile, Onitsha Youths carried placards with anti APC and Ngige inscriptions, some which read: "from deportation to desecration of Igbo land!”

However, while speaking at the campaign rally, Ngige assured Anambrarians that the light will shine again. He restated that Anambra will witness a tremendous improvement within space of time in the state if returned as the state governor adding: “We are in the journey together and we shall sing and rejoice together by March 16 when the batten will shift from Obi to Ngige.

http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/apc-flag-obi-onitsha-places-curse-ngige

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP / Gov Rochas Okorocha Buying Roasted Corn.(pic) / Fayose’s Stomach Infrastructure Vs El-Rufai’s City Infrastructure Compared

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.