Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

First love. - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / First love. (34676 Views)

YOUR FIRST LOVE: How Long Did You Date And What Caused The Breakup? / Must Your First Love Be Your True Love ? / To Marry Your First Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First love. by Udeme288(m): 8:46am On Nov 05, 2013
Wasak,its not easy to wait for this updates. Why don't you shorten the intervals,that will be greatly appreciated.
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 1:11pm On Nov 06, 2013
continues

It was only when I got to my room I discovered I was hungry, the fact was that I hadn’t eaten anything since I morning. Cooking was impossible, since my kerosene stove was already a desert with serious drought of kerosene, even if I had kerosene, the only foodstuff in my locker was garri. I immediately found myself in a dilemma, I couldn’t go to Mt’s room, because I knew I wouldn’t find any food, he only cooked at mid-night when everyone was asleep, and even at that, he cooked at a regular intervals of three days.
I switched on the Bluetooth headset I took from ykay’s room and started playing the song, paying attention to the lyrics rather than the beats, all this I did amidst near violent rumbling in my stomach. I knew quite well that none of fmr friends would lend me money, and it wasn’t yet month end, in fact the month was sjust beyond half, so there was no hope of getting money from home. I continued learning the song amidst heavy thoughts of how to get food, the 110 naira on me was already gone before I even spent it spent since I had to call Funke.
I was grateful to Etisalat when I discovered I still had about 10 megabytes left of the weekly 15 megabyte I was given. In order to utilize it , I quickly clicked on Google and started searching for ‘love my baby’ lyrics. I had just few hours left before 7pm- the time I ought to call Funke, therefore, the best I could do was to concentrate on the task despite the protest by the worms in my stomach.
When I felt I my preparation was enough, I went to the Aboki’s shop just outside my hostel to recharge my phone with 100 naira, and I bought 10 naira sugar for the sake of my stomach. I got back to my room and soaked the remnant of my garri, I could feel jubilation in my stomach when the first spoons of garri dropped there, and gradually I came back to life…never underestimate the power of love…I only got to know how hungry I was when I started drinking my’ garium sugarnitrate’.
After my sumptuous meal, I called my Funke to prove to her I could do anything to make her happy…

to be continued
Re: First love. by misseris(f): 6:31pm On Nov 06, 2013
Rilly nice writeup.had 2 create a nairaland acct so I cld fflw up dis story...kip up d good work buh I ve a qustn 4 u "is dis story rilly real n is it ur own xperience"
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 6:42pm On Nov 06, 2013
98%real.! Thanks for reading and welcome to Nairaland!
misseris: Rilly nice writeup.had 2 create a nairaland acct so I cld fflw up dis story...kip up d good work buh I ve a qustn 4 u "is dis story rilly real n is it ur own xperience"
Re: First love. by misseris(f): 8:16pm On Nov 06, 2013
wasak: 98%real.! Thanks for reading and welcome to Nairaland!
tnks alot
Re: First love. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 06, 2013
Lol. When men were boys... grin

@op, if you meant to produce art you've got a lot of work yet. So far you have given an engaging report of events but there isn't much in the way of technique to what you have done.

You make paragraphs, that's good. Now make them a bit more obvious. Put space between your paragraphs so that your work does not fatigue the eyes.

As for your technique, I'm not sure I can go in-depth into what you can do better at. I suggest you simply compare your work to those of established writers. It should be immediately obvious to you what's missing once you look.
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 8:34pm On Nov 06, 2013
Ihedinobi: Lol. When men were boys... grin

@op, if you meant to produce art you've got a lot of work yet. So far you have given an engaging report of events but there isn't much in the way of technique to what you have done.

You make paragraphs, that's good. Now make them a bit more obvious. Put space between your paragraphs so that your work does not fatigue the eyes.

As for your technique, I'm not sure I can go in-depth into what you can do better at. I suggest you simply compare your work to those of established writers. It should be immediately obvious to you what's missing once you look.
OK boss, thanks a lot, I ll check d literature section tonight, this is my first attempt @ writing. I'll try to improve, once again Thanks.
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 8:35pm On Nov 06, 2013
misseris: tnks alot
u welcome
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 8:40pm On Nov 06, 2013
Udeme288: Wasak,its not easy to wait for this updates. Why don't you shorten the intervals,that will be greatly appreciated.
Boss it's not my fault. I've been busy late I'm sorry.
Re: First love. by Nobody: 12:09am On Nov 07, 2013
wasak: continues

It was only when I got to my room I discovered I was hungry, the fact was that I hadn’t eaten anything since I morning. Cooking was impossible, since my kerosene stove was already a desert with serious drought of kerosene, even if I had kerosene, the only foodstuff in my locker was garri. I immediately found myself in a dilemma, I couldn’t go to Mt’s room, because I knew I wouldn’t find any food, he only cooked at mid-night when everyone was asleep, and even at that, he cooked at a regular intervals of three days.
I switched on the Bluetooth headset I took from ykay’s room and started playing the song, paying attention to the lyrics rather than the beats, all this I did amidst near violent rumbling in my stomach. I knew quite well that none of fmr friends would lend me money, and it wasn’t yet month end, in fact the month was sjust beyond half, so there was no hope of getting money from home. I continued learning the song amidst heavy thoughts of how to get food, the 110 naira on me was already gone before I even spent it spent since I had to call Funke.
I was grateful to Etisalat when I discovered I still had about 10 megabytes left of the weekly 15 megabyte I was given. In order to utilize it , I quickly clicked on Google and started searching for ‘love my baby’ lyrics. I had just few hours left before 7pm- the time I ought to call Funke, therefore, the best I could do was to concentrate on the task despite the protest by the worms in my stomach.
When I felt I my preparation was enough, I went to the Aboki’s shop just outside my hostel to recharge my phone with 100 naira, and I bought 10 naira sugar for the sake of my stomach. I got back to my room and soaked the remnant of my garri, I could feel jubilation in my stomach when the first spoons of garri dropped there, and gradually I came back to life…never underestimate the power of love…I only got to know how hungry I was when I started drinking my’ garium sugarnitrate’.
After my sumptuous meal, I called my Funke to prove to her I could do anything to make her happy…

to be continued
I created account because of this your story make it snappy na ah ah check other threads you see how fast the updates are... Ah ah bro
Re: First love. by soulminister(m): 5:20pm On Nov 07, 2013
nawa ooo......im get as this story be ooo....so fictious.....but the suspense is killing.

@castingcrowns, sorry for my manner but I want to chat with you. pleaseeeeeee
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 9:35pm On Nov 07, 2013
continues

The best way to enjoy being with the one you love is in the silence of nature, to be out of sight and hearing of the market eyes and ears. Thus, I strolled to the back of the girls hostel, which was the closest to the most silent part of the school- the bush. The female hostel was usually busy at that time of the night with the trooping in of visitors, and I sometimes went there to feed my eyes. On that particular night, my eyes were almost blinded by the powerful rays produced by the headlight of several flashy cars parading the hostel searching for dates.

I kept wondering why the female hostel had to be filled at night with men various classes of the society, I remembered my first few weeks in the school when I told my friends that the fathers of those grills coming to visit them almost every night must be very caring. I remembered how they busted into laughter, don jazz especially who was laughing with tears in his eyes. Mt was benevolent enough to inform me that its actually the daddies that came to visit them, not the biological daddies but the aristo-daddies.and so as I made my way through on that night, I reminded myself it meant actually nothing to those involved, after all it’s a free world.

By the time I got to my silent destination, a feeling of déjà vu stole the moment, as I kept imagining being there with Funke herself in all her glory. As I dialed her number, an additional feeling of anxiety came over me. I was hardly aware when my darling picked up, until I heard ‘hello’, I didn’t bother replying her, though inadvertently, I started singing in the most melodious voice I could produce…and on I went.

To my amusement, i was as good as flawless throughout the song,when i finished singing, the receiver reminded me that I just had a minute left, and with that I simply told her ‘I love you’ and as usual she replied with ‘ok’. It was over three months into our relationship but I was yet to get a word of love from her. I wished her goodnight, tucked my hands into my cashless pockets and started finding my way back to the hostel with a feeling of complacence….

to be continued soon
Re: First love. by amuniiopz(m): 10:30pm On Nov 07, 2013
Wasak...yu ar rili endowd...bt I'm suprisd wit al dis yur nyc ryt up and bein a sharp student...na funke de put full stop 4 yu...abeg I jst hop @ d end of dis story yu go try pt funke pics let's c ha face...bliv me am jst tnkin hw dis funke tak b sef...mayb na 4rm abov she fall com land 4 earth...nyc ryt up dud.

2 Likes

Re: First love. by wasak(m): 10:40pm On Nov 07, 2013
amuniiopz: Wasak...yu ar rili endowd...bt I'm suprisd wit al dis yur nyc ryt up and bein a sharp student...na funke de put full stop 4 yu...abeg I jst hop @ d end of dis story yu go try pt funke pics let's c ha face...bliv me am jst tnkin hw dis funke tak b sef...mayb na 4rm abov she fall com land 4 earth...nyc ryt up dud.
Lol. Thanks man!
Re: First love. by chaarly(m): 12:29am On Nov 08, 2013
Wasak!!!!!

Ur story is xoxoxooxoxo coOL

Been readn frm page 0

Nyc writeup.. Bt bros U̶̲̥̅̊ bin Ŋa̶̲̥̅ try sha.. Y U̶̲̥̅̊ go fall in love wit persn wey U̶̲̥̅̊ love U̶̲̥̅̊ Ŋa̶̲̥̅ sad

C as she jez dy use U̶̲̥̅̊ do kobo-kobo since sad

Oya cum and update smiley
Re: First love. by babysmart(f): 6:26am On Nov 08, 2013
we re waitin......

1 Like

Re: First love. by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 08, 2013
honestly, lover boy u try o, she is jst punishing u for nothing sake, its no biggie if she tell u dt she is nt interested, afteral we al av freedom of choice, al d same, weldone!

1 Like

Re: First love. by wasak(m): 9:07am On Nov 08, 2013
adefunke_62: honestly, lover boy u try o, she is jst punishing u for nothing sake, its no biggie if she tell u dt she is nt interested, afteral we al av freedom of choice, al d same, weldone!
Thanks o!
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 9:08am On Nov 08, 2013
chaarly: Wasak!!!!!

Ur story is xoxoxooxoxo coOL

Been readn frm page 0

Nyc writeup.. Bt bros U̶̲̥̅̊ bin Ŋa̶̲̥̅ try sha.. Y U̶̲̥̅̊ go fall in love wit persn wey U̶̲̥̅̊ love U̶̲̥̅̊ Ŋa̶̲̥̅ sad

C as she jez dy use U̶̲̥̅̊ do kobo-kobo since sad

Oya cum and update smiley
Thanks man..... just dey read dey go!
Re: First love. by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 08, 2013
wasak:
Thanks man..... just dey read dey go!
the story makes sense but I will be glad if you update regularly and make it somehow long small as others do example, madness.com etc foxy

1 Like

Re: First love. by wasak(m): 9:48am On Nov 08, 2013
Innoxacs: the story makes sense but I will be glad if you update regularly and make it somehow long small as others do example, madness.com etc foxy

Seriously my failure to update regularly is due to circumstances for which I have no control. you know we also have lives outside Nairaland but I'll try best to serve u better Thanks for reading!
Re: First love. by Sunny360: 10:36am On Nov 08, 2013
*Signs autograph on thread* Following! KIU-Keep It Up...Wasak
Re: First love. by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 08, 2013
U're a very good writer...
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 1:13pm On Nov 08, 2013
CONTINUES

I went straight to Id’s room to see if I could be lucky to get something to eat since the satisfaction I got from the garri I had eaten earlier was only momentary and had therefore expired. Id’s block was actually the dirtiest in the school, although it was a general thing that the hostels are eternally dirty and had probably been like that from its inception. But Id’s block was exceptional; it was dirty with a trademark stamp. L block as it is popularly known was blessed with an evergreen stinkingness, the type which was capable of making a day-old child cover his nose, no thanks to the permanent decay of the drainage system. As such whenever I was going to visit Id who lived on the third floor, I always seized my breath.

When I got to Id’s block I was welcomed by the familiar smell, I sprinted the stairs to his room, and to my surprise, Mt and Ykay were also present. They were about going for night class and it was at that point I remembered that I had a test slated for the next day. ‘Poor boy how far?’ I was greeted by Mt,
‘Rich man I dey o, na because of U I even come here sef, I know sey u go fit help my life’ I answered
‘I no sey u don broke, ur father just dey waste money, e nor know sey woman don carry ur head’ he said amidst a wicked grin.
‘guy bone abeg, I go see small garri smoke for ur side?’ I asked
‘omo mesef don broke o, na Atm side I wan go this night sef and u know sey test dey tomorrow’ he replied.
The ATM in our conversation wasn’t referring to the automated teller machine which disposed money to customers; rather it was the name my guy gave his girlfriend. Truly she performed the function of the machine and therefore Mt had little or no need for the machine. I convinced him after several arguments to allow us go to FCE to see his ATM so we could at least get something for our ever demanding stomachs, we all left Id’s room together , Ykay and Id left for night class, while myself and Mt headed for the FCE.

The road leading to the college was usually busy at night, and on that night it wasn’t any different, against all odds we arrived at the school to the delight of our ATM who was already waiting patiently for MT, when she saw us on that night, gratitude was written all over her, and for once I thought about my Funke, I suddenly wished she turned Funke, for she was the best any guy could ask for, although I knew my wish was impossible for wishes are not horses.

She had prepared fried rice and salad for us, and the mere mention of it, elicited a crazy jubilation from my mouth that was already salivating in a flood-like manner. She requested we eat it in her presence, there in the love garden, but Mt objected much to my advantage for ATM’s presence would have spoilt the show. Mt rose to leave since the ATM had dispensed food which was our goal of visiting. We had hardly gotten to the exit gate of the FCE when a violent storm took over, it started as a cool breeze with a soothing effect on the skin until it started throwing violent objects, it was only then it became clear that we were in for it… I quickly grabbed the most important thing from Mt- the cooler of ATM’s food and the marathon race back to school began!!!

TO BE CONTINUED LATER
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 1:14pm On Nov 08, 2013
BLUSHES...THAANKS MAN
Sunny360: *Signs autograph on thread* Following! KIU-Keep It Up...Wasak
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 1:15pm On Nov 08, 2013
I wouldnt say i am but i leave it tto my readers to decide. thanks
LARRYDKING: U're a very good writer...
Re: First love. by Tonia500(f): 3:27pm On Nov 08, 2013
Wasak well done!
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 3:31pm On Nov 08, 2013
Tonia500: Wasak well done!
Thanks for reading and being benevolent enough to comment!
Re: First love. by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 08, 2013
Wasak, u really suffered in the hands of this babe o nd i know 4sure that other babes would have wanted less attention even to turn the on.

I understand what u when 2ru, i went 2ru even more to get Sonia, each time i look back to that time, i assume i was mad.

The difference btw me nd u is that immediately i was offered admission, gpa nd cgpa became my paramount aim but still smile everytime i remember what i went 2ru to express love to her.
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 4:09pm On Nov 08, 2013
LARRYDKING: Wasak, u really suffered in the hands of this babe o nd i know 4sure that other babes would have wanted less attention even to turn the on.

I understand what u when 2ru, i went 2ru even more to get Sonia, each time i look back to that time, i assume i was mad.

The difference btw me nd u is that immediately i was offered admission, gpa nd cgpa became my paramount aim but still smile everytime i remember what i went 2ru to express love to her.

on the contrary my cgpa suffered when I started dating her. love is magical!
Re: First love. by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 08, 2013
Nice write up,but seriously you don suffer on top woman o....
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 5:57pm On Nov 08, 2013
Ivyluvie2: Nice write up,but seriously you don suffer on top woman o....
lol u ain't seen nada

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Describe Your Type Of Man: Nigerian Ladies React (Video) / Guys How Do You Respond To What Do You Want From Me ? / My Husband Is Drinking My Menstrual Blood And Urine – Woman Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.