Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha (33534 Views)

The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr / Happy Eid ul Adha To All Muslims In The World. / Eid Ul Adha: Barka Da Sallah : Eid Mubarak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 10, 2013
Please why is it that muslims observe the moon bfor doin anything.....are u guys invoking powers from the moon or what
Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by BonnyDominic: 2:41pm On Oct 10, 2013
All i want is that, may the sacrifices and prayers be made with good intentions and also geared to bringing peace and transquility to our struggling Nation. Happy Eid-el Kabir in advance to all Muslim faithfuls.

1 Like

Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by deols(f): 3:02pm On Oct 10, 2013
phayvorr: Please why is it that muslims observe the moon bfor doin anything.....are u guys invoking powers from the moon or what

do you think that the moon has any power to give anyone?

The moon is only used for dating and nothing more.
Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 10, 2013
deols:

do you think that the moon has any power to give anyone?

The moon is only used for dating and nothing more.
if I hear......mtcheeew
Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by hikmoj(m): 3:26pm On Oct 10, 2013
phayvorr: Please why is it that muslims observe the moon bfor doin anything.....are u guys invoking powers from the moon or what
every tin about islam is under divine rules and also dissociates 4rm human originator.islamic days &months are not named after any idols as in d case of d other religions .we use lunar months as our calender not d gregorian &d days of d week in islam are unconnected wit any idols.moon,sun stars etc worship GOD as we muslims do.

1 Like

Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by buskeske: 3:42pm On Oct 10, 2013
Please I'm a Christian, I make sure I buy ileya ram for my
Father every ileya festival (my father is a moslem) to sacrifice
For himself, I hope his sacrifice is acceptable.

The man is a pensioner, he cannot afford the money but I buy
It for him to make him happy.
Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by vanariso(m): 3:44pm On Oct 10, 2013
At Al.Abaniy..........................Horse is not a ruminant (an'aam) so its not permitted for Islamic sacrifice or consumption. Its hood is not splitted.

At Yuzedo......................Simply say "Eid Mubaarak.....meaning...blessed celebration/festival" Barka De Sallah is Hausa and please note that Allah is not a blood sucking god ...Q:22V37" It is not their meat nor blood their blood that reaches Alla: its is yoyr piety that reaches Him: He has thus made them subject to you, that ye may glorify Allah for His guidance to you:And proclaim the Good News to all who do right"

2 Likes

Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by RealAlfranco: 4:03pm On Oct 10, 2013
VICTORCIZA: gilbrish
madam deols,u see dis gal is messing up hear bt u didn't hide her comment abi?! Bt I made an obviously sensible comment and u hid my comment!! I repeat,God is watching all of u!!! Tor!
Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by deols(f): 4:24pm On Oct 10, 2013
buskeske: Please I'm a Christian, I make sure I buy ileya ram for my
Father every ileya festival (my father is a moslem) to sacrifice
For himself, I hope his sacrifice is acceptable.

The man is a pensioner, he cannot afford the money but I buy
It for him to make him happy.

Good of you. His sacrifice is very acceptable.

But would you not want to be in paradise with your dad? #justwondering

2 Likes

Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by Shegsakinz(m): 7:02pm On Oct 10, 2013
I am already planning myself for that day. My Muslim friends go hear from me on that day
Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by sylvok: 8:15pm On Oct 10, 2013
deols: Question: Can a husband & wife add money together to purchase a ram for sacrifice on eid if they can't afford individually?

Answer: if they both have money individually not enough to purchase a ram, they only have one way out according to the Islamic Shariah.

In the Shariah, we are to sacrifice for eid 3 different types or categories of animal 1.camel 2.Cow & 3.Ram or any of its family which includes ram,sheep or goat etc

1.If its a Donkey you want to purchase, it must be up to 7 people that can add money together to sacrifice 1 Donkey.

2.If it is a Cow, the same applies as for a camel, 2,3 or 4 people cannot add resources except 7 people.

3.If it is a Ram or any of its family, 1 person will purchase 1 in the Ram family as you cannot put resources together, you can sacrifice any from this family depending on what you have as cash, you are not to borrow such.

But there is a way out. If the wife & husband have insufficient funds to sacrifice individually, the wife is advised to give her husband her money then the husband would slaughter as Prophet Muhammed(peace be upon him) did say, he(pbuh) said Allahuma haza an Muhammadin wa aali muhammad meaning this is for Me Muhammad & the family of Muhammad. So such wife would also be rewarded & also be happy as it is only one intention for one animal.

If you have the intention of slaughtering an animal for eid, you should not cut your nails or hair after the moon of ZulHajjah has been sighted, do not cut or trim your hair and nails until you have offered the sacrifice.
As Rasool Allah (saw) has ordered:
“When any one of you intending to sacrifice the animal enters in the month (of Dhu’l-Hijja) he should not get his hair or nails touched (cut)” (Muslim 22: 4870).

By Dr Abdul Majeed Alaro
i thnk slaughtering of animal for religious worship is idolatory. God doesn't need it. It is disgustn.
Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by usermane(m): 9:45pm On Oct 10, 2013
hikmoj: every tin about islam is under divine rules and also dissociates 4rm human originator.islamic days &months are not named after any idols as in d case of d other religions .we use lunar months as our calender not d gregorian &d days of d week in islam are unconnected wit any idols.moon,sun stars etc worship GOD as we muslims do.

Peace. Chairman, it is not Islamic calendar, it is lunar calendar. The reason why it is called islamic calendar is because islamic nations utilise it for marking and dating,long after other nation gave it up, and so it became identified with islam. Otherwise, lunar or moon sighting calendars have been utilised by ancient sumerians,babylonians for dating or timing.
The jews also utilised the lunar calender even up to the 7th century. They(jews,sumerians,babylonians etc) relied on and insisted upon sighting the moon before they decide the start of a new month,just like the muslims do today.

Interestingly, the word 'day' occur 365 times in the Quran. Is it not worth mentioning that there are 365 days in a solar or gregorian year/calendar? The lunar or Islamic year,however has about 354 days. There exist a correlation or mathematical relationship btw lunar and solar calendar for interconversion,so either or both of them can be used by muslims. Civilised communities(e.g Romans), thousands of years ago utilised these two calendars simulatenously.

Finally, GOD also tells us in Qur'an 10:5 and 17:12 that both the moon and the sun can be used for dating. So muslim don't always need to sight the moon before every month begins,knowing fully well that moon sighting is affected by factors such as weather. Simple Maths can also do.
Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by akwunmi(m): 11:31pm On Oct 10, 2013
[quote author=deols]1. Who is eligible to sacrifice?

2. How should it be done?

3. Can a woman do the slaughtering?

4. What are the conditions that must be met at the slaughter?

5. How is the meat distributed?
Answers!!!
1.Any mature man/woman can slaugther a ram.

2.Accord 2d prophet muhammad(s.a.w)says all intendin buyers of ram should not cut/barb their hair till d meat is slaugthered.
3.I have no idea but I don't think women
Would be bold enof to kill though,all I know b say wen woman buy ram she would call on somebody 2help her slaugther it but all d sabath rewards belongs 2her.
4.Say bismillia allahu arkbar.some grt alfa could say mor but dat d shortest 4novice lik u n me.
5.After d killin of d ram our prophet told us to cook n eat part of it with our families,share som with people who can nt afford ram dat stay arund us,not pple wu already have 3 or more oo coz I kno most pple do dis,share wit evrybodi b it muslims or not..n finaly keep some for later eatins.dats d little I can tell abt it.wala o allam.

1 Like

Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by Lakayanah: 6:39am On Oct 11, 2013
acaolly1:

Your likes are the cause of religious disintegration, you lack knowledge of religion so you cant condemn it. for you to condemn anything, you must know about it. you only pretend to know Jesus, but you don't know more about Jesus like a true Muslim does...

Morals: don't condemn what you lack Knowledge of, Seek Knowledge first.
what is bringing Jesus into this matter anyone can any user name to be on a forum like this. The person saying rubbish or disrespecting the topic does not make him/her a Christian please we should be careful staring religious battles.
Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by deols(f): 6:20pm On Oct 11, 2013
eliz1:
sacrifice is done to idol not God

“…Thus We have subjected these animals to you so that you may be grateful. It is neither their meat nor their blood that reaches Him but your piety”- (Q22: 36-37)
Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 21, 2018
deols:
Question: Can a husband & wife add money together to purchase a ram for sacrifice on eid if they can't afford individually?

Answer: if they both have money individually not enough to purchase a ram, they only have one way out according to the Islamic Shariah.

In the Shariah, we are to sacrifice for eid 3 different types or categories of animal 1.camel 2.Cow & 3.Ram or any of its family which includes ram,sheep or goat etc

1.If its a Donkey you want to purchase, it must be up to 7 people that can add money together to sacrifice 1 Donkey.

2.If it is a Cow, the same applies as for a camel, 2,3 or 4 people cannot add resources except 7 people.

3.If it is a Ram or any of its family, 1 person will purchase 1 in the Ram family as you cannot put resources together, you can sacrifice any from this family depending on what you have as cash, you are not to borrow such.

But there is a way out. If the wife & husband have insufficient funds to sacrifice individually, the wife is advised to give her husband her money then the husband would slaughter as Prophet Muhammed(peace be upon him) did say, he(pbuh) said Allahuma haza an Muhammadin wa aali muhammad meaning this is for Me Muhammad & the family of Muhammad. So such wife would also be rewarded & also be happy as it is only one intention for one animal.

If you have the intention of slaughtering an animal for eid, you should not cut your nails or hair after the moon of ZulHajjah has been sighted, do not cut or trim your hair and nails until you have offered the sacrifice.
As Rasool Allah (saw) has ordered:
“When any one of you intending to sacrifice the animal enters in the month (of Dhu’l-Hijja) he should not get his hair or nails touched (cut)” (Muslim 22: 4870).

By Dr Abdul Majeed Alaro
Donkey? Thats Haram

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are The Do's And Don'ts Of A Muslim? / How Do You Handle Sexual Dreams ? / Maryam Ahmad Gumi Dies! Sheikh Gumi Losses Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.