Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,858 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Ogun State The Next Lagos In The Making? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun State The Next Lagos In The Making? (2538 Views)

Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor / Is Remi Tinubu Next Lagos Governor? / Olorunimbe Mamora As The Next Lagos State Governor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun State The Next Lagos In The Making? by investnow2013: 6:20pm On Oct 09, 2013
Ogun State is growing very Fast that some people are beginning to Believe That Another LAGOS OR EVEN MORE IS IN THE MAKING.
Re: Ogun State The Next Lagos In The Making? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 09, 2013
U're very correct. Those that are wise are already acquiring land and investing in the State. The late comers may have to take the back seat in the future

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State The Next Lagos In The Making? by geeez: 6:29pm On Oct 09, 2013
It's not just Ogun

The SW is fast becoming industrialised

There is a concerted effort by states of the SW to transform the region into an economic hub

I've been to every state of the region even in recent times and I've seen each nuke and cranny grow and transform

I must admit that Ogun is fast growing but Osun is growing even faster. All you need to do is analyse their year-on-year GDP growth which is evident in their increased IGRs. In two years, Ogun grew from N730m to N4bn monthly while Osun grew from N300m to N1.6bn

5 Likes

Re: Ogun State The Next Lagos In The Making? by investnow2013: 6:29pm On Oct 09, 2013
I Bought some Plots of Land in Ogun State at a Plot 550,000Naira less than 2 years ago,but now is 3million Naira each!
Re: Ogun State The Next Lagos In The Making? by investnow2013: 6:33pm On Oct 09, 2013
geeez: It's not just Ogun

The SW is fast becoming industrialised
[color=#006600][/color]IT IS MORE NOTICABLE IN OGUN STATE THAN ANY OTHER PLACE! I KNOW BECAUSE I AM AN INVESTOR!
Re: Ogun State The Next Lagos In The Making? by ikeyman00(m): 6:33pm On Oct 09, 2013
^^^ opp igbos about to buy up south west

tufiakwa these arrogate ppl too like domination ooo

make dey divide this awolowo koutry charp charp so i go collect that house self
Re: Ogun State The Next Lagos In The Making? by deelaw4mp: 6:34pm On Oct 09, 2013
Amosun is @ work, ogun is moving
Re: Ogun State The Next Lagos In The Making? by investnow2013: 6:38pm On Oct 09, 2013
ikeyman00: ^^^ opp igbos about to buy up south west

tufiakwa these arrogate ppl too like domination ooo

make dey divide this awolowo koutry charp charp so i go collect that house self
Please THIS IS A THREAD FOR SERIOUS PEOPLE & INVESTORS WHO LOVE TO INVEST IN OGUN-STATE OF NIGERIA!
Re: Ogun State The Next Lagos In The Making? by ikeyman00(m): 6:47pm On Oct 09, 2013
^^ be haful of those BLOCK LETTER cool
Re: Ogun State The Next Lagos In The Making? by investnow2013: 6:50pm On Oct 09, 2013
Ogun-State happens to be one the States that are attracting more investments from local & foreign! Some of those States/Places are:Lagos,Akwa-Ibom,Cross-State,Kogi,Delta,Ondo,Rivers,Anambra,BENUE,Abia & Enugu State.
Re: Ogun State The Next Lagos In The Making? by donphilopus: 6:55pm On Oct 09, 2013
Good
Re: Ogun State The Next Lagos In The Making? by Sloan: 7:55pm On Oct 09, 2013
Very good news from my people! It is so GREAT to hear of the progress of the Yorubas, my people in present day Nigeria! With so much progress, other parts of Nigeria will refuse us to go on our own! angry angry

1 Like

Re: Ogun State The Next Lagos In The Making? by Dansy(f): 8:52pm On Oct 09, 2013
A lot of infrastructure are carried out

Major road construction are carried out
Re: Ogun State The Next Lagos In The Making? by LilBRightTMc(m): 9:05pm On Oct 09, 2013
Sloan: Very good news from my people! It is so GREAT to hear of the progress of the Yorubas, my people in present day Nigeria! With so much progress, other parts of Nigeria will refuse us to go on our own! angry angry
Can u explain to me how BIAFRA is holding ur odua republic? BIAFRANS are reading to leave any second we are a Nation and by that I mean the few in Odua land
Re: Ogun State The Next Lagos In The Making? by IGBOSON1: 9:10pm On Oct 09, 2013
I predict that when you finish with Onitsha and Ogun, your next port of call will be Kano! Any takers for a bet?
Re: Ogun State The Next Lagos In The Making? by enyi1: 9:17pm On Oct 09, 2013
ogun state, the slum capital of africa

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State The Next Lagos In The Making? by Sloan: 9:24pm On Oct 09, 2013
Lil B®ight™©:
Can u explain to me how BIAFRA is holding ur odua republic? BIAFRANS are reading to leave any second we are a Nation and by that I mean the few in Odua land

Don't be fool.ish! In a country, you just cannot and should not UP & go like a senseless animal! Unlike ibos, Yorubas are not impulsive who act on emotion, they think things through! So, no byafra is inconsequential in the independence of SW Nigeria but as a people who realize that we will still exist in the same geographical space and will be impacted by mutual trade, economic output, conflict, etc with different people choosing to stay in the independent countries and vice versa, it is important to think it through. If ojukwu had thought and planned like a strategy, he would not have ended up with the abysmal result he got in 1970!

1 Like

Re: Ogun State The Next Lagos In The Making? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 09, 2013
osundefender dream
Re: Ogun State The Next Lagos In The Making? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:19pm On Oct 09, 2013
The OP want to sell something. He should go abt it and stop supporting himself with different monikers.

Ogun state is growing, yes we knw..

What did u want to sell?

1 Like

Re: Ogun State The Next Lagos In The Making? by eaglechild: 7:48am On Oct 10, 2013
Ogun should not be where it is today.
It is lagging behind given the prospects it has.
Re: Ogun State The Next Lagos In The Making? by eaglechild: 7:50am On Oct 10, 2013
SLIDE waxie: The OP want to sell something. He should go abt it and stop supporting himself with different monikers.

Ogun state is growing, yes we knw..

What did u want to sell?
I don't get you, is it because he did something similar on Onitsha?
Re: Ogun State The Next Lagos In The Making? by Aedesmuskeeto: 9:06am On Oct 10, 2013
Good thing my pop is a smart-a$s dude...

He bought some lands 3years ago in ifo area for just #85k per plot...

He went back to acquire more land in the exact area, Only for him to learn that the price has climaxed to 700k per plot..
Re: Ogun State The Next Lagos In The Making? by investnow2013: 1:52pm On Oct 10, 2013
Hei guys! let come back to the subject again! What do you Think about what is going on in Ogun State development wise?
Re: Ogun State The Next Lagos In The Making? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 10, 2013
invest-now2013:
Hei guys! let come back to the subject again! What do you Think about what is going on in Ogun State development wise?
Ogun State is developing at an unprecedented rate. In fact, road construction is massive, accountability has improved tremendously leading to improved IGR from barely a couple of millions to about N4 billions, massive road and flyover construction across the State. In the next 20 years (if the development drive is sustained) it may be hard to differentiate some part of Ogun State from Lagos.
Re: Ogun State The Next Lagos In The Making? by investnow2013: 4:02pm On Oct 10, 2013
obasy09:
Ogun State is developing at an unprecedented rate. In fact, road construction is massive, accountability has improved tremendously leading to improved IGR from barely a couple of millions to about N4 billions, massive road and flyover construction across the State. In the next 20 years (if the development drive is sustained) it may be hard to different some part of Ogun State from Lagos.
I don't Think that it will be that long!
Re: Ogun State The Next Lagos In The Making? by tpia5: 4:06pm On Oct 10, 2013
not even sure why it took this long.

given its proximity to lagos.
Re: Ogun State The Next Lagos In The Making? by Gbawe2: 4:08pm On Oct 10, 2013
invest-now2013:
I don't Think that it will be that long!

I agree with you. I believe Ogun State will be massively transformed in even the next 5 years if Amosun continues the way he has started.
Re: Ogun State The Next Lagos In The Making? by investnow2013: 4:24pm On Oct 10, 2013
tpia@:
not even sure why it took this long.

given its proximity to lagos.
You are right!
Re: Ogun State The Next Lagos In The Making? by investnow2013: 5:21am On Oct 12, 2013
The Govt Should build Rail lines that will connect the major areas in Ogun like Abeokuta,Ikenne,Sagamu,Ota,Ijebu-Ode etc.
Re: Ogun State The Next Lagos In The Making? by kunle4toyeyaho: 7:28am On Oct 12, 2013
Of all states in SW,it is only ondo state that is not really being transformed economically.I'm not impressed by Mimiko's style of governance.He isolates himself from other gov.in the region.
Re: Ogun State The Next Lagos In The Making? by investnow2013: 3:17pm On Oct 13, 2013
kunle4toye@yaho:
Of all states in SW,it is only ondo state that is not really being transformed economically.I'm not impressed by Mimiko's style of governance.He isolates himself from other gov.in the region.
Ondo is Developing also.
Re: Ogun State The Next Lagos In The Making? by investnow2013: 3:21pm On Oct 13, 2013
Ogun is developing very fast,but a lot should be done on basic infrastructure!A lot of Chinese Investor are now investing in Ogun state.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ex-gov Orji Uzor Kalu & Dele Momodu Visit Prophet T. B Joshua (photos) / Jonathan PDP Government Is A FAILURE According To Obama / The Next Two Nigerian Global Sports Superstars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.