Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article (13857 Views)

The List Of BIG Frauds That Got Buhari Angry Sacked Over 20 Dgs Of Federal Agent / Okonjo Iweala Article Hacked, Threat Message Left (pix) / 5 Supreme Court Workers Sacked Over Leaked Judgment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by crowaddy(m): 4:30pm On Oct 10, 2013
My Guy, you cannot be a civil servant and " openly" publish and write ariticles against your ministers,yet still based on unfounded hearsays. Yashua has enjoyed the best of the Nigerian Government. From his appointments into the civil service to scholarships and courses overseas. We were looking toward to him being a perment secretary someday. He messed up big time.Those of us that have been part of him over the years in Information, Finance Nema etc are highly dissapointed he got involved in all this nonsense. He must have been misadvised
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by crowaddy(m): 4:33pm On Oct 10, 2013
My Guy, you cannot be a civil servant and " openly" publish and write ariticles against your ministers,yet still based on unfounded hearsays. Yashua has enjoyed the best of the Nigerian Government. From his appointments into the civil service to scholarships and courses overseas. We were looking toward to him being a perment secretary someday. He messed up big time.Those of us that have been part of him over the years in Information, Finance Nema etc are highly dissapointed he got involved in all this nonsense. He must have probably been misadvised.
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Okijajuju1(m): 4:53pm On Oct 10, 2013
crowaddy: RoyPCain: @Okija juju;
My Guy, you cannot be a civil servant and " openly" publish and write ariticles against your ministers,yet still based on unfounded hearsays. Yashua has enjoyed the best of the Nigerian Government. From his appointments into the civil service to scholarships and courses overseas. We were looking toward to him being a perment secretary someday. He messed up big time.Those of us that have been part of him over the years in Information, Finance Nema etc are highly dissapointed he got involved in all this nonsense. He must have probably been misadvised.

the rule that governs business of the nation is not the same as that of the 'business world'. so, yes you can work for the same government and criticize it. its is patriotic and gutsy to do so instead of being a lackey and kisser of the shoes of your superior. congressman Paul Ryan of the US is an example who had and still openly criticizing the US governance and it is such a value of allowing such act that differentiates real strength from suds on the surface of the ocean. moral conscience should guide those in corridor of power. self correcting can come from those who are your subordinates and openly criticizing you.

the entity called nigeria is greater than the office of the president and the office of the minister of finance is less than that of the president. when you do horrible work, people need to remind you. if she had made excellent appointment, the critic might not have been openly vocal. her excellence is below par, as i see it. there are many igbo women i know that will utilize the office to greater progress of the nation, quicker and much much transparent just for the love of the nation.

her world influence, she has not tapped into it, making such influence worthless or she called and they ignore her which will be how much they value her.

look, i love nigeria over and above any nigerian and unemployed graduate association is at least a testament of her bad judgment, even even if you ignore that she cant take criticism

[b]Well said..

However!! Paul Ryan is a bad example.. Paul Ryan is a congressman not an employee of the Obama Administration. Its like this; Imagine the U.S defence secretary in Bushes administration speaking against President Bushes decision to go to war in Iraq!! Mba nu! You dont work against your Boss..

Do you think that if Obama could sack all these Republicans that are organizing this "shut down" he wouldnt have done so?!

And to me, the principle of business applies even in government. If the Government is not performing as you would like, please resign in opposition and go take sides with the opposition or better yet, go solo and shout your grieviances from the mountain top.. But to stay inside that same government and cause dissention and problems with unconfirmed talks.. Thats unacceptable. When he published that paper, was he expecting to be promoted or hailed?! Like seriously?!

So what do they expect us to do with this news?! Protest for Jonathan to bring back a cog into his wheel?!

Do you realize that his accusation of tribalism in employment against the Minister is a Federal offence for which she can be jailed?! You think say na small thing ehn do?!

Now he has been sacked, he can no provie evidence to support his claim because the onus of proof is now on him.

Okonjo is a dissapointment to you!! Thats absolutely fine by me.. However, your feelings are not a standard for everyone. many Nigerians would also disagree with you and provide supporting proof. Thats just how it is in government. You will never find a government without opposition and support. E.G Assad of Syria.. Some are fighting to keep him, others are fighting to oust him..

He was rightfully sacked in my opinion and should be thankful that Okonjo isnt bringing charges of Slander, defamation & Libel against him..[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by doublewisdom: 5:14pm On Oct 10, 2013
abujalapdog: You have “Freedom of Speech” but Freedom
AFTER speech - that I cannot guarantee”..-Idi Amin.
I don laff my belly tear oooo. This is classic. @abuja God bless you for making my day.w
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Fadelex(m): 5:22pm On Oct 10, 2013
RoyPCain: @Okija juju;

the rule that governs business of the nation is not the same as that of the 'business world'. so, yes you can work for the same government and criticize it. its is patriotic and gutsy to do so instead of being a lackey and kisser of the shoes of your superior. congressman Paul Ryan of the US is an example who had and still openly criticizing the US governance and it is such a value of allowing such act that differentiates real strength from suds on the surface of the ocean. moral conscience should guide those in corridor of power. self correcting can come from those who are your subordinates and openly criticizing you.

the entity called nigeria is greater than the office of the president and the office of the minister of finance is less than that of the president. when you do horrible work, people need to remind you. if she had made excellent appointment, the critic might not have been openly vocal. her excellence is below par, as i see it. there are many igbo women i know that will utilize the office to greater progress of the nation, quicker and much much transparent just for the love of the nation.

her world influence, she has not tapped into it, making such influence worthless or she called and they ignore her which will be how much they value her.

look, i love nigeria over and above any nigerian and unemployed graduate association is at least a testament of her bad judgment, even even if you ignore that she cant take criticism.

Ryan Paul is a republican, he's an opposition and has all d right to criticize d govt. no comparison
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by texazzpete(m): 5:56pm On Oct 10, 2013
naijaking1: He has no business being anybody's PRO. He can now go work fulltime for Boko Haram

I don't understand this. Why are you this m0r0nic?!
You're Igbo, you'd feel VERY aggrieved if someone said something really odious about your tribe. Why would you make the imbecilic insinuation that all Northerners = Boko haram sympathizers?

You and all 13 misguided people (so far) who 'liked' your post are really silly.
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by lif2uz(m): 6:17pm On Oct 10, 2013
[quote author=dridowu]Where is freedom of speech ?
It travelled, it will b back in 2015.
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Italiano1: 7:35pm On Oct 10, 2013
gleaf: Its wrong for a civil servant to publicly accuse, abuse or counter the same govt. He/she is serving. He might be right but the condition or environment does not condone such effrontery, not even in Western world.

Not entirely correct!

His primary allegiance is to the federal Republic of Nigeria as a country and not a particular administration or Minister/appointed government official. I am amused that you make reference to western countries because unlike Nigeria, they have independent bodies that critically evaluate government decisions and actions- none of these exist in Nigeria.

Additionally, the civil service in most Western nations have internal mechanisms that allow workers to make recommendations and critique decisions and actions of both their superiors and subordinates without the fear of being summarily or constructively dismissed.

Madam Iweala is employed by the World Bank and as such should know and appreciate the importance of separating politics from professional duties.

However, the fact that this fellow decided to take his alleged grievance to a media outlet makes his position as Chief Information Officer untenable but an outright dismissal was unnecessary; considering it was Madam Iweala who reported and asked for him to be disciplined- Surely such requests would not have been entertained in the World Bank but I guess you act like a Roman when in Rome.

4 Likes

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Jomark(m): 8:14pm On Oct 10, 2013
dridowu: Where is freedom of speech ?
It's the ethics of civil service. You shouldn't criticize the gov'nt that you are part of
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by ITbomb(m): 8:25pm On Oct 10, 2013
LawChick:

@ IIbomb

today is your DAY! You just won a gift as today is your Bday - congrats, and happy many returns,
please to claim your gift pack call Eno on - 07031357736, which item do you want? the exotic wrist watch or the beautiful angel wings for your loved younger one?

website - http://mytrendyitems.com facebook - http://statictab.com/gafypah

I'm going for the watch . Watch me Smile
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by ebukaOtika(m): 9:35pm On Oct 10, 2013
abujalapdog:

you can find that in the beer parlour okay.

LWKMD grin grin grin
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by cumba(m): 11:09pm On Oct 10, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]I believed very strongly in freedom of speech, but freedom after speech could be suicide grin.
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Pholar97(m): 11:52am On Oct 11, 2013
Anyhow but it is better to say your mind than to die be a paupa. Okonjo is a public servant & if anyone complain about her conduct what she surpose do is to clear the air not to cruxify anyone. Nigerians with wrong mindset.
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Gorrbachev: 1:13pm On Oct 11, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Oga remove the cloak of tribal sentiments!!!

Watch this girl as she criticises her boss,but I want you to take special note of how she ends the criticism...

I QUIT simple...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew_tdY0V4Zo&gl=US&hl=en-GB&client=mv-google&guid=

Remove the cloak of tribal sentiment? That's ironic giving the accusation labelled against okonjo.
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by russellino: 1:14pm On Oct 11, 2013
Italiano1:

Not entirely correct!

His primary allegiance is to the federal Republic of Nigeria as a country and not a particular administration or Minister/appointed government official. I am amused that you make reference to western countries because unlike Nigeria, they have independent bodies that critically evaluate government decisions and actions- none of these exist in Nigeria.

Additionally, the civil service in most Western nations have internal mechanisms that allow workers to make recommendations and critique decisions and actions of both their superiors and subordinates without the fear of being summarily or constructively dismissed.

Madam Iweala is employed by the World Bank and as such should know and appreciate the importance of separating politics from professional duties.

However, the fact that this fellow decided to take his alleged grievance to a media outlet makes his position as Chief Information Officer untenable but an outright dismissal was unnecessary; considering it was Madam Iweala who reported and asked for him to be disciplined- Surely such requests would not have been entertained in the World Bank but I guess you act like a Roman when in Rome.

Outright dismissal is just apt. You need to take a look at the civil service rules to get a clearer picture. The minister's person is immaterial but the office has been undermined from the INSIDE with a false story
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 11, 2013
Segadem:
You 've spoken well,but why some Nairalanders will call for the heads of Okupe and Abati while they are discharging their duties?

The post above is utmost nonsense and rubbish. Has criticism become a punishable offence in this land. What kind of education were u given in school? Don't condone injustice to lend credence to ur shallow mind. The sack is wrong. Absolutely wrong.
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by gleaf: 1:55pm On Oct 11, 2013
[b][/b]
Italiano1:

Not entirely correct!

Like you said,western countries has independent bodies that takes care of such issues, but week have Icpc and federal character commission,did he report to them before going public which would have even saved him from bn sacked. I personally believe the man has an ulterior motive for boldly going public or just bn overzealous

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by gleaf: 1:57pm On Oct 11, 2013
[b][/b]
Italiano1:

Not entirely correct!

Like you said,western countries has independent bodies that takes care of such issues, but week have Icpc and federal character commission,did he report to them before going public which would have even saved him from bn sacked. I personally believe the man has an ulterior motive for boldly going public or just bn overzealous

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by gleaf: 2:00pm On Oct 11, 2013
[b][/b]
Italiano1:

Not entirely correct!

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by gleaf: 2:01pm On Oct 11, 2013
[b][/b]
Italiano1:

Not entirely correct!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

21 Killed In Fresh Barkinladi, Plateau Attack / Aso Rock Security Operatives Grumble Over Unpaid Allowances / Andrew Uchendu To Wike: "Stop Fighting Me"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.