Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,454 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article (13848 Views)

The List Of BIG Frauds That Got Buhari Angry Sacked Over 20 Dgs Of Federal Agent / Okonjo Iweala Article Hacked, Threat Message Left (pix) / 5 Supreme Court Workers Sacked Over Leaked Judgment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 10, 2013
Biafran Agenda!!!

1 Like

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by guzomaken: 10:51am On Oct 10, 2013
YUSHAIB SHUAIB: ANOTHER PACK OF LIES AGAINST
OKONJO-IWEALA

It will be recalled that two weeks ago,
Saharareporters published a story which alleged that the Coordinating Minister
called the Publisher of THISDAY to demand the sack of one of his editors over a
story which she did not like.

As the Publisher confirmed later, the
Minister made no such call and made no such demand.

Now, as part of the same campaign to tarnish
the image of the Minister, reports are being circulated that she ordered the
Federal Ministry of Information to effect the retirement of Mr Shuaib Yushau,
former head of information at the Nigerian Emergency Management Agency.

Like the first story there is no truth in
the allegation.

It is public knowledge that Mr Shuaib, a
civil servant, wrote an opinion article in which he made false and libelous
allegations against the Minister for which he refused to apologise.

He was subsequently taken before a
disciplinary panel by his home ministry, the Federal Ministry of Information.

The Coordinating Minister did not influence
the process in any way. His recent sack is on account of additional actions
which Mr Shuaib should be bold enough to disclose. The Minister was not the
issue.

As the Information Ministry
stated in April when he was initially redeployed: “The
Honourable Minister of Finance didn’t authorise the redeployment and doesn’t
have to do so. Such matters are within the purview of the Public Communication
and Human Resources Departments”.

OKONJO-IWEALA

the allegation.

issue.

Paul C Nwabuikwu
Special Adviser to the Coordinating Minister and Minister of Finance
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by wasiudvd(m): 10:56am On Oct 10, 2013
Democrazy na ni.
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Fadelex(m): 11:04am On Oct 10, 2013
ok now.... the guy is a daft, was he d only civil servant that knew the rot in d service? nowhere in the world is that unprofessional act acceptable. now that he's out of job, he should open all d cans of worms since he has nothing to lose... he shld apply to apc whether they can create office for him.
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by GeneralShepherd(m): 11:08am On Oct 10, 2013
Ramanto: A Military govt wudn't have been any worse than this in terms of freedom of xression.Okonjo shld have simply cleared herself out of the mess if trully the alligation was wrong rather than showing Nigerians that she's 'untouchable'...God punish all the evil leaders

I wonder how we always analyse things emotionally,

This is a case of insurbodination if you want to criticise your boss in public,always make sure you resignation letter has beem written already.

Have you seen the 'I quit' video on youtube? Now that is how to criticise your boss; on YOUR WAY OUT

3 Likes

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 10, 2013
Not sure what the mods are trying to achieve. Buncha nutters!

Not only is this topic/article old but it also made the front page when it first broke.
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by pmc01(m): 11:14am On Oct 10, 2013
Sincerely, Nigerians are hypocrites.

If you start your criticism when you are out of the system (FFK, El-rufai, Melaye, Patrick, e.t.c. as case studies), they accuse you of being dishonest; when you criticize while still in the system (like this man), they say you are disloyal.

Do we only know how to condemn without even reasoning on the issues been raised? Just asking.

9 Likes

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by everyday: 11:17am On Oct 10, 2013
Serves him right
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 10, 2013
That's what happens to people who ignore the games of power, in every position there is politics even within a family, to remnain relevant you must play this hideous games or face the consequences like Mr. Shaibu did, LEARN AND BE WISE!!!
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by GeneralShepherd(m): 11:26am On Oct 10, 2013
pmc01: Sincerely, Nigerians are hypocrites.

If you start your criticism when you are out of the system (FFK, El-rufai, Melaye, Patrick, e.t.c. as case studies), they accuse you of being dishonest; when you criticize while still in the system (like this man), they say you are disloyal.

Do we only know how to condemn without even reasoning on the issues been raised? Just asking.

Well there is solution, resign and state your criticisms as the reason for your resignation,in that way people will actually respect you.

Both scenarios above all a means of 'trying to eat your cake and have it' which we know is impossible!!!!

Nigerians are not hypocrites, Nigerians in authority are selfish and when they try to pretend they are honest? It stinks to the high heavens (FFK, El-rufai, Melaye, Patrick, e.t.c. as case studies)

1 Like

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Okijajuju1(m): 11:31am On Oct 10, 2013
fkaz:

shocked

Sand enter ya eye?! Why you dey shine am like ikwikwi?!
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 10, 2013
Okija_juju: Analogy:: You go and tweet that your Boss is a reetard and yet you want to keep your job... grin

Goodbye fool... #Congratulations to the new guy wey go collect your job..

#Circle of life things!
grin grin grin grin....him think say him be FFK way dey on pension
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 10, 2013
Brymo: I once respected NI,untill now.
nyarinya is that you
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by genali(m): 11:39am On Oct 10, 2013
guzomaken: YUSHAIB SHUAIB: ANOTHER PACK OF LIES AGAINST
OKONJO-IWEALA

the allegation.

issue.

OKONJO-IWEALA

the allegation.

issue.

Paul C Nwabuikwu
Special Adviser to the Coordinating Minister and Minister of Finance

You be mumu [Paul C Nwabiukwu ] always telling lies fooling illiterates. Can't wait 2015 when ebele goodluck pack his belonging straight to prison
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by uhuns: 11:45am On Oct 10, 2013
ITbomb: I dont care who is sack or who is not sack because today is my birthday.
Pls like my post ♥ to help me celebrate

I rejoice with you.
it is always better to light the candle than to curse darkness.

happy birth day.

1 Like

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Gmike2rule(m): 12:11pm On Oct 10, 2013
abujalapdog:

you can find that in the beer parlour okay.
.. I promise! Even if my father were to hinder to growth, development and upliftment of dis country, I will not forgive HIM... All we Nigerians are re greedy people, who only care 4 der personal pocket... I wont become a Bastard to dis country... Arrrggggg!
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 10, 2013
are the nigerians for nigeria or are the nigerians predominantly for the people that are ruling, regardless of their governance as long they are in power and from their own section of the country?

iweala is not lord of anyone, neither is gej her boss. no public officer, elected or appointed should be above scrutiny, publicly if needed if he/she fail to be fair, especially if she/he had been advised, privately.

if iweala is a sacred cow that is untouchable, in the western world, even bosses are criticized publicly. obama, the holder of the title of the leader of the free world is criticized by those under him; everyone living in the usa, today is under my main man barackAllah hussaine Obama, my president.

your critics make your job easier because you have to realize that you are not perfect and those who critique should be dearest to your heart because they are the indicators of your efficiency and you need not to be empress or emperor over them. at some point, even gej will be irrelevant and iweala is older who i am sure she is less relevant now, if only by title. she could be fired by gej, while she can not terminate gej, regardless.

this people you guys have ruling you in nigeria are bunch of arrogants. iweala who studied in the usa should have had something of thick skin the public personality develop around here.

i am disappointed in her and i am certain that she does a poor job yet because she has not capitalized on her international influence to improve nigeria. if i were living in that part, i would do nothing less than criticize her and if i have a chance to tell her how badly she is rated among igbo elites who know economics, i will not hesitate to do so.

you people who are surrogates and lack alliance to your fatherland, but only ethnically biased are free just like the man who looked at her poor performance and spoke out; almost a whistle blower, i will say.

1 Like

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by bankyblue(m): 12:33pm On Oct 10, 2013
the man is sick....................................................

maybe God as hope another chapter of life for him. undecided
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Gorrbachev: 12:52pm On Oct 10, 2013
Iweala's kinswoman did it in Immigration, Stella is doing it in Aviation ministry. That's their way of reasoning and doing things. Imagine what her people are saying on this thread, Shuaib is wrong for complaining. Na turn by turn, how many months remain?

2 Likes

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Okijajuju1(m): 12:56pm On Oct 10, 2013
RoyPCain: are the nigerians for nigeria or are the nigerians predominantly for the people that are ruling, regardless of their governance as long they are in power and from their own section of the country?

iweala is not lord of anyone, neither is gej her boss. no public officer, elected or appointed should be above scrutiny, publicly if needed if he/she fail to be fair, especially if she/he had been advised, privately.

if iweala is a sacred cow that is untouchable, in the western world, even bosses are criticized publicly. obama, the holder of the title of the leader of the free world is criticized by those under him; everyone living in the usa, today is under my main man barackAllah hussaine Obama, my president.

your critics make your job easier because you have to realize that you are not perfect and those who critique should be dearest to your heart because they are the indicators of your efficiency and you need not to be empress or emperor over them. at some point, even gej will be irrelevant and iweala is older who i am sure she is less relevant now, if only by title. she could be fired by gej, while she can not terminate gej, regardless.

this people you guys have ruling you in nigeria are bunch of arrogants. iweala who studied in the usa should have had something of thick skin the public personality develop around here.

i am disappointed in her and i am certain that she does a poor job yet because she has not capitalized on her international influence to improve nigeria. if i were living in that part, i would do nothing less than criticize her and if i have a chance to tell her how badly she is rated among igbo elites who know economics, i will not hesitate to do so.

you people who are surrogates and lack alliance to your fatherland, but only ethnically biased are free just like the man who looked at her poor performance and spoke out; almost a whistle blower, i will say.

You can't work for the same government and openly attack that same government period!!

Now that he no longer works for the government, he can tweet, broadcast on BBM, facebook and scream his misgivings freely.. Nobody can deny him that right.. But the president of Nigeria and have a Minister somewhere that is on TV errday calling me Retardeen.. It does not work that way..

The government is an entity.. Every cabinet, minster and civil servant are part of how the government is able to work. They are one unit. So when one part starts to work against the others, you correct that fault..

Its the simple law of the business world..
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Pattey(m): 1:04pm On Oct 10, 2013
Nigerians and indeed NairaLanders are thinking with their anus as usual.

The allegations made by the guy in question, were they later proven to be unfounded? No?

Ngo Ngo and her co ministers didn't deem it fit to set the record straight when the credibility of the Ministry headed by the Great Hon. Minister of Finance & Coordinating Minister of the Economy a.k.a Prime Minister, was put under scrutiny.

Why did they kill the matter if the guy wasn't right in the 1st place? Ethnic agenda or not, if those people weren't qualified as the 'whistle-blower' alleged, why didn't they bring out their credentials to justify their appointments?

Nigerians will keep suffering so long as they think like apes. QED

2 Likes

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by kaeto(m): 1:32pm On Oct 10, 2013
dridowu: Where is freedom of speech ?
in your anus grin
dridowu: Where is freedom of speech ?
in your anus
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Orokita(m): 1:49pm On Oct 10, 2013
ITbomb: I dont care who is sack or who is not sack because today is my birthday.
How will "liking" ur comment help u celebrate??

1 Like

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Orokita(m): 2:07pm On Oct 10, 2013
Its funny and silly at the same time how each post has an ethnic undertone... Yet we claim to be one Nigeria!!! Smh for some people, why can't issues be deliberated upon without undue cynicism?

1 Like

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by LawChick: 2:11pm On Oct 10, 2013

@ IIbomb

today is your DAY! You just won a gift as today is your Bday - congrats, and happy many returns,
please to claim your gift pack call Eno on - 07031357736, which item do you want? the exotic wrist watch or the beautiful angel wings for your loved younger one?

website - http://mytrendyitems.com facebook - http://statictab.com/gafypah

1 Like

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Rubbyy(m): 2:44pm On Oct 10, 2013
He should have factored in the consequences of his action before opening his mouth. How can u criticise the same person that's responsible for your bread and expect to go scot free? Now he can open his mouth as wide as he wants to.
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by GeneralShepherd(m): 2:45pm On Oct 10, 2013
Gorrbachev: Iweala's kinswoman did it in Immigration, Stella is doing it in Aviation ministry. That's their way of reasoning and doing things. Imagine what her people are saying on this thread, Shuaib is wrong for complaining. Na turn by turn, how many months remain?

Oga remove the cloak of tribal sentiments!!!

Watch this girl as she criticises her boss,but I want you to take special note of how she ends the criticism...

I QUIT simple...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew_tdY0V4Zo&gl=US&hl=en-GB&client=mv-google&guid=

1 Like

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by SPIDER90: 3:01pm On Oct 10, 2013
pmc01: Sincerely, Nigerians are hypocrites.

Thank you my broda, I pity Nigerians if contributions on dis forum is a reflection of our thought?
What if the person being criticized is Hajia Ibrahim or Mrs Babalola.
Will our comments be the same?
Does our civil service system has a channel where subordinates that are aggrieved with decisions of their superior can be listen to without fear?
Please, are some people above mistake?
Let us reflect on these.

1 Like

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by pmc01(m): 3:13pm On Oct 10, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Well there is solution, resign and state your criticisms as the reason for your resignation,in that way people will actually respect you.

Both scenarios above all a means of 'trying to eat your cake and have it' which we know is impossible!!!!

Nigerians are not hypocrites, Nigerians in authority are selfish and when they try to pretend they are honest? It stinks to the high heavens (FFK, El-rufai, Melaye, Patrick, e.t.c. as case studies)

He should resign on what basis? Has he been convicted of crime? Has he been found incapable to discharge his duties? When he resigns, what changes? How does he even proof anything when he resigns and will you still believe him then? Stop that deceit please?
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 10, 2013
@Okija juju;
You can't work for the same government and openly attack that same government period!!

Now that he no longer works for the government, he can tweet, broadcast on BBM, facebook and scream his misgivings freely.. Nobody can deny him that right.. But the president of Nigeria and have a Minister somewhere that is on TV errday calling me Retardeen.. It does not work that way..

The government is an entity.. Every cabinet, minster and civil servant are part of how the government is able to work. They are one unit. So when one part starts to work against the others, you correct that fault..

Its the simple law of the business world..

the rule that governs business of the nation is not the same as that of the 'business world'. so, yes you can work for the same government and criticize it. its is patriotic and gutsy to do so instead of being a lackey and kisser of the shoes of your superior. congressman Paul Ryan of the US is an example who had and still openly criticizing the US governance and it is such a value of allowing such act that differentiates real strength from suds on the surface of the ocean. moral conscience should guide those in corridor of power. self correcting can come from those who are your subordinates and openly criticizing you.

the entity called nigeria is greater than the office of the president and the office of the minister of finance is less than that of the president. when you do horrible work, people need to remind you. if she had made excellent appointment, the critic might not have been openly vocal. her excellence is below par, as i see it. there are many igbo women i know that will utilize the office to greater progress of the nation, quicker and much much transparent just for the love of the nation.

her world influence, she has not tapped into it, making such influence worthless or she called and they ignore her which will be how much they value her.

look, i love nigeria over and above any nigerian and unemployed graduate association is at least a testament of her bad judgment, even even if you ignore that she cant take criticism.

1 Like

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by humblesteve(m): 3:49pm On Oct 10, 2013

Happy birthday bro as you u celebrate your b'day

Celebrating my elder bro too wishing u guys many more years. Cheerz!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mbaka Why? Video By Prophet BBC / We Why Failed To Honour Reps Summon Last Friday - Defence Chief / I Should Be Held Responsible For What I Promise Nigerians, If Elected - Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.