Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,897 members, 7,810,447 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men (6606 Views)

Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee / Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram / Libyan PM Ali Zeidan Freed By Kidnappers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by HolyHolla(m): 6:04am On Oct 10, 2013
Libyan PM Ali Zeidan kidnapped by armed men

Prime MinisterAli Zeidan seized from a hotel inTripoli and taken to unknown location, government website reports.

Libyan Prime Minister Ali Zeidan was kidnapped at dawn by an armed group and taken to an unknown location, the government said .

" The head of the transitional government, Ali Zeidan, was taken to an unknown destination for unknown reasons by a group" of men believed to be former rebels, the government said in a brief statement on its website on Thursday"

I would say, perhaps, this is a blow-back for Libyan government involvement in the U.S. recent kidnapping of al Qaeda leader and terror suspect Abu Anas al-Liby.

http://www.npr.org/2013/10/10/231179107/official-libya-prime-minister-kidnapped-by-gunmen?f=1001&ft=1
Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by Tolexander: 6:09am On Oct 10, 2013
A prime minister kidnapped?
Gadafi will surely be laughing wherever he is.

10 Likes

Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by Nobody: 6:10am On Oct 10, 2013
O Boy! Wahala dey!

1 Like

Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by kelvincoll(m): 6:12am On Oct 10, 2013
I guess security in Naija is better after all grin

1 Like

Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by Maxymilliano(m): 6:14am On Oct 10, 2013
I wonder if the rebels alone are capable of pulling such a thing off by themselves.

Kinda makes you wonder ...

2 Likes

Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by HolyHolla(m): 6:14am On Oct 10, 2013
Tolexander: A prime minister kidnapped?
Gadafi will surely be laughing wherever he is.

Yeah, probably if people in Hell can still laugh. If he's on internet right now, Ghaddafi would at least post a "LOL".

The Libyan government had earlier called on the U.S. to return the terror suspect, but your guess is as good as mine, if that isn't a never ending dream.

But I just hope they won't kill the man. Al Qaeda are very unmerciful.

1 Like

Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by HolyHolla(m): 6:17am On Oct 10, 2013
kelvincoll: I guess security in Naija is better after all grin

Wait till the U.S. start sending the drones after declaring Boko Haram a terror group.
Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by HolyHolla(m): 6:19am On Oct 10, 2013
Maxymilliano: I wonder if the rebels alone are capable of pulling such a thing off by themselves.

Kinda makes you wonder ...

Are you thinking of a culpable Libyan security forces involvement?
Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by Nobody: 6:22am On Oct 10, 2013
Ghadafi warned about the consequences of his death but nobody listened. Just imagine, a once secured base of the former strongman of Africa is now a place where a Prime minister is said to be abducted. What a shame? The mighty fell and the weak rejoiced, now the prowess of the mighty is needed but this time nowhere to be foundundecided

13 Likes

Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by Nobody: 6:23am On Oct 10, 2013
Once upon a time Libya was a peaceful and prosperous country now it has become a den of terrorists

2 Likes

Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by seanet02: 6:26am On Oct 10, 2013
Good news.
Now those dunderheads brainwashed by the western countries will see reason when we said that was only being victimized because of oil.
Very Good news.
Hope the rebels cut off the neck of that traitor

9 Likes

Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by adino(m): 6:33am On Oct 10, 2013
When we told them they said they know too much, now Libya has gone to the dogs.
Gadaffi's greatest mistake was to listen to UN and US and abandon his nuclear weapons plan.
GOOD MORNING LIBYA.

3 Likes

Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by badmeat(m): 6:33am On Oct 10, 2013
If only islam is a religion and not a terrorist organisation!hey hang it theresad,its there no where in the Koran where they talked abut Love,
Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by OPCNAIRALAND: 6:39am On Oct 10, 2013
Who be prime minister? My brothers for East kidnap a whole Igwe, with his ofor and all hin charms still on his person. Tell those Libyans come learn from bakassi boys abeg.
Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by Ismahill(m): 6:39am On Oct 10, 2013
MORI YANU. HEY IYANU
Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 10, 2013
OPC.NAIRALAND:
Who be prime minister? My brothers for East kidnap a whole Igwe, with his ofor and all hin charms still on his person. Tell those Libyans come learn from bakassi boys abeg.
Who let the dogs out undecided

3 Likes

Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by Omen100(m): 6:49am On Oct 10, 2013
let Me add my voice because I am not ready to say a word. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by OPCNAIRALAND: 6:54am On Oct 10, 2013
Idi Amin: Who let the dogs out undecided

Do you know how mouse trap works? Have you ever seen anybody eradicate mice with these traps? I need you to face your front!
Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by Licensed2Kill(m): 6:56am On Oct 10, 2013
Dont yah all jst wish that it was clueless+shoeless dat was kidnapped?

1 Like

Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by dBard: 7:38am On Oct 10, 2013
Have always said this..
Sometimes its d dynamics on ground that creates wat we term 'brutal' leaders..
A Strong leader, depending on d locale, may need t assert his authority in order t be able t hold d diff pieces of his country together..
Gadaffi was a Strong leader n exactly wat Libya needed. granted, he was becoming unhinged, but taming him woulda bin a far beta option than d path that was taken.
See d consequences now;
an unstable country where A Prime Minister can b kidnapped so carelessly
weapon proliferation in d Sahel +boko haram
al qaeda now having a comfortable base t liase wit oda like minded terrorists
a govt unable t guarantee security n social services t its ppl
the list goes on n on..
While The Oil gets refined n exported..

5 Likes

Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by HolyHolla(m): 7:48am On Oct 10, 2013
Idi Amin: Ghadafi warned about the consequences of his death but nobody listened. Just imagine, a once secured base of the former strongman of Africa is now a place where a Prime minister is said to be abducted. What a shame? The mighty fell and the weak rejoiced, now the prowess of the mighty is needed but this time nowhere to be foundundecided

Yes sir. The unlawful Ghaddafi was replaced with a weak government haunted by lawless Islamists. They destroyed Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, and now they are converging on Syria. Maybe the next would be Egypt; the violence there is fast growing and getting deadlier. Nigeria is becoming a potential candidate too. Very unfortunate for Africa and many of us are in support of this militarized neo-colonialism.

When we have economic upheavals, they are reluctant to get involved, but they take advantage of every chance for military intervention. Why, why?

9 Likes

Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by HolyHolla(m): 7:53am On Oct 10, 2013
adino: When we told them they said they know too much, now Libya has gone to the dogs.
Gadaffi's greatest mistake was to listen to UN and US and abandon his nuclear weapons plan.
GOOD MORNING LIBYA.

Sure, I agree with you. If Ghadaffi had nuclear capabilities, they would still be negotiating with him by now in fear that it might fall into wrong hands or be used against their protected targets. That's the advantage Iran and North Korea still wield till now.

4 Likes

Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by Symphony007: 8:01am On Oct 10, 2013
Libya should stop being weak and stupid to get back rebuilding their country. They said they wanted freedom but now they can't handle that freedom. Look how tunisia is stablizing after deposing ben ali. Look how egypt is crushing opposition. Libya is still rolling in the gutter and giving some people reason to regret deposing that monster called gadaffi.
Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by HolyHolla(m): 8:14am On Oct 10, 2013
Licensed-2-Kill:
Dont yah all jst wish that it was clueless+shoeless dat was kidnapped?

An unlikely dream you have there. Do you know that 000s of security forces with tanks, sea and aerial surveillance always attend to Pres Jo everytime? Not to talk of freezed movements whenever he is anticipated. I'll welcome even al Qaeda to complete annihilation if they try.
Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by Licensed2Kill(m): 8:21am On Oct 10, 2013
HolyHolla:

An unlikely dream you have there. Do you know that 000s of security forces with tanks, sea and aerial surveillance always attend to Pres Jo everytime? Not to talk of freezed movements whenever he is anticipated. I'll welcome even al Qaeda to complete annihilation if they try.
bruh i mentioned no names. . .i still like Nigeria biko. . .btw, you seem to be overestimatin d military power of Nigeria. . .all dos power u mentioned nd yet still so much insecurities. . .now, who jst have its independence day done inside the government house jst bcuz of threats from some insurgents in d not too distant past? Refresh my memory i seem to have forgotten.

1 Like

Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by ikweremilitant: 8:29am On Oct 10, 2013
HolyHolla:

Wait till the U.S. start sending the drones after declaring Boko Haram a terror group.
my broda i wonder wat is keepng d drones from strikng ds devils ofsprings in nija
Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by taharqa: 9:41am On Oct 10, 2013
Symphony007: Libya should stop being weak and stupid to get back rebuilding their country. They said they wanted freedom but now they can't handle that freedom. Look how tunisia is stablizing after deposing ben ali. Look how egypt is crushing opposition. Libya is still rolling in the gutter and giving some people reason to regret deposing that monster called gadaffi.
Which Tunisia and Egypt is stabilising?? Are you sure you live in this same earth? Beta click Google now, to keep up...

4 Likes

Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by ITbomb(m): 10:05am On Oct 10, 2013
This people don show us say we never even start for kidnapping business
Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by Fazhy: 10:07am On Oct 10, 2013
PM?

Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by kennyonthrone(m): 10:08am On Oct 10, 2013
R
Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 10, 2013
No place is safe any more... Especially where extremist islamists thrives..

They had it coming.. Death of ghadaffi + existence of extremists = war/anarchy

1 Like

Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 10, 2013
So, dem dey do for Libya as dem do for Naija too... Well done

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why The Anti-american Hate And Rhetoric Here? / Muslims Begin To Demand For Sharia Law In London (pic) / Ouattara Fighters Seize I.coast Capital, Few Hours Left For Gbagbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.