Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,426 members, 7,822,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men (6611 Views)

Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee / Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram / Libyan PM Ali Zeidan Freed By Kidnappers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by Msgamble: 1:44pm On Oct 10, 2013
HolyHolla:

Sure, I agree with you. If Ghadaffi had nuclear capabilities, they would still be negotiating with him by now in fear that it might fall into wrong hands or be used against their protected targets. That's the advantage Iran and North Korea still wield till now.
guy, N. Korea n iran doesn't possess any nuke as at now..d only reason N. Korea is nt attacked by West is because of China, iran is nt attacked(for now) because of Russia n israel safety(due to threat from iranian terrorist proxy lyk hezbollah n ISoI n Levant)..west attacked vietnam,korea,cuba,panama,serbia why didn't they result to terrorism? Is it only muslim state they attacked, jihad(terrorism) is in their book n genes..get ur fact right
Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by Pattey(m): 2:34pm On Oct 10, 2013
Symphony007: Libya should stop being weak and stupid to get back rebuilding their country. They said they wanted freedom but now they can't handle that freedom. Look how tunisia is stablizing after deposing ben ali. Look how egypt is crushing opposition. Libya is still rolling in the gutter and giving some people reason to regret deposing that monster called gadaffi.

Excuse you? Which Egypt are you talking about?

In case you're not enlightened, power has returned to Mubarrak's camp, so, strike out Egypt from ur wishful list. Even Tunisia is recording violence ontop of assasination ontop of aaall other manner of destabilization.

The so-called uprising was nothing but pure senseless charade!
Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by LawChick: 3:10pm On Oct 10, 2013
ITbomb: This people don show us say we never even start for kidnapping business

ITbomb

pls your attention is needed here ....

https://www.nairaland.com/1472196/ex-nema-spokesman-sacked-over-okonjo-iweala/1#18718041
Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by HolyHolla(m): 7:03pm On Oct 10, 2013
Msgamble: guy, N. Korea n iran doesn't possess any nuke as at now..d only reason N. Korea is nt attacked by West is because of China, iran is nt attacked(for now) because of Russia n israel safety(due to threat from iranian terrorist proxy lyk hezbollah n ISoI n Levant)..west attacked vietnam,korea,cuba,panama,serbia why didn't they result to terrorism? Is it only muslim state they attacked, jihad(terrorism) is in their book n genes..get ur fact right

I'm sorry if I gave the impression that Iran and North Korea have nukes. That is definitely not what I meant by saying having "nuclear capabilities". In the parlance, having nuclear capability is having commenced of a process to a level that is capable of enriching uranium, even if not yet achieved to nuclear grade. You will agree with me that both nations mentioned fall into this cathegory. North Korea is even reported to have some nukes already and only working on how to successfully launch it.

There is also the possibility of making what is called 'dirty bomb' if enriched uranium is available for inclusion in an explosive, not minding whether the enriched uranium is home-made or purchased abroad. That alone is a fear factor for the west and for Israel.

There was a time that Ghaddafi commenced the process of building nuclear facilities, but was convinced by the west to discontinue and dismatle the facilities as a condition for peace. South Africa too was reported to have developed few nukes but disposed of them, probably because it was apparent that blacks would soon hold political power. If indeed thay had nukes or the capability, they lost both at that time.

Any way it goes, enriched uranium is a dangerous weapon that could be introduced in some ways for a fatal attack, including just diseminating it into the air, water, feed or land.
Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by stargalameena: 12:47pm On Oct 11, 2013
Men are talking....Aljazeera should host people frm nairaland grin on their news
Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by Msgamble: 7:12pm On Oct 11, 2013
HolyHolla:

I'm sorry if I gave the impression that Iran and North Korea have nukes. That is definitely not what I meant by saying having "nuclear capabilities". In the parlance, having nuclear capability is having commenced of a process to a level that is capable of enriching uranium, even if not yet achieved to nuclear grade. You will agree with me that both nations mentioned fall into this cathegory. North Korea is even reported to have some nukes already and only working on how to successfully launch it.

There is also the possibility of making what is called 'dirty bomb' if enriched uranium is available for inclusion in an explosive, not minding whether the enriched uranium is home-made or purchased abroad. That alone is a fear factor for the west and for Israel.

There was a time that Ghaddafi commenced the process of building nuclear facilities, but was convinced by the west to discontinue and dismatle the facilities as a condition for peace. South Africa too was reported to have developed few nukes but disposed of them, probably because it was apparent that blacks would soon hold political power. If indeed thay had nukes or the capability, they lost both at that time.

Any way it goes, enriched uranium is a dangerous weapon that could be introduced in some ways for a fatal attack, including just diseminating it into the air, water, feed or land.
bro, For a nation to be classified as 'nuclear capable nation' d state must possess long-range missile n d technology to delivered it precisily(mayb N. korea does,iran no), stealth bomber that can fly 2000km range-for them to b saved from nuclear arms fallout(both nation doesn't, especially iran that protray helicopter as stealth bomber), d only reason israel hasn't bombed iran is that their uranium has never exceed 20% level enrichment..Terrorism exist even b4 Russia invaded afghan(trying to topple gov't) nt to talk of when Nato intervene lykwise iraq, 1972 revolution in iran,al qaeda started in saudi wen osama was captured then, yemen n bahrain never enjoyed peace..don't fault US fault their religion n ideology(book)
Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by juman(m): 7:20pm On Oct 11, 2013
HolyHolla: Libyan PM Ali Zeidan kidnapped by armed men

Prime MinisterAli Zeidan seized from a hotel inTripoli and taken to unknown location, government website reports.

Libyan Prime Minister Ali Zeidan was kidnapped at dawn by an armed group and taken to an unknown location, the government said .

" The head of the transitional government, Ali Zeidan, was taken to an unknown destination for unknown reasons by a group" of men believed to be former rebels, the government said in a brief statement on its website on Thursday"

I would say, perhaps, this is a blow-back for Libyan government involvement in the U.S. recent kidnapping of al Qaeda leader and terror suspect Abu Anas al-Liby.

http://www.npr.org/2013/10/10/231179107/official-libya-prime-minister-kidnapped-by-gunmen?f=1001&ft=1

America has started again their infamous kidnapping of Muslims like during the time of president Bush. The kidnapping is illegal and in violation of international law.
Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by HolyHolla(m): 11:00pm On Oct 11, 2013
juman:

America has started again their infamous kidnapping of Muslims like during the time of president Bush. The kidnapping is illegal and in violation of international law.

Oh no! My man, this has no American involvement. It's about armed Islamist fighters kidnapping the PM. He's been released same day, though.
Re: Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men by Msgamble: 10:19am On Oct 13, 2013
HolyHolla:

Oh no! My man, this has no American involvement. It's about armed Islamist fighters kidnapping the PM. He's been released same day, though.
No bro, d guy is talking abt 'his al qaeda bro' captured by US special forces anas al-libi..imagine some1 saying it illegal to arrest terrorist this are d type of muslim that make one insult islam making excuses for mass-murderer, too bad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ouattara Fighters Seize I.coast Capital, Few Hours Left For Gbagbo / PHOTOS: Terrible Life Of African Prostitutes In Italy / Muslims Begin To Demand For Sharia Law In London (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.