Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? (36021 Views)

Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs. / Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria / Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by JUNIT1(m): 4:03pm On Jul 09, 2008
banks are thieves, they use u and give you jack, rather start up your business, inly way to survive in naija
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by superstar1(m): 9:52pm On Jul 09, 2008
i don't believe we have to castigate the banking industry the way JUnit,finecat and aysometin are making us to believe. yeah, you could be under intense pressure of performance --- no mata wot ur job function is, but i can assure you will be working optimally,you think faster and see business in virtually all discussion.

i have seen bankers that sealed deals and their cut of the transaction was 35m, i have seen a banker that was given a brand new Jeep just because of a transaction -- mind you the so called bankers were guys and not a ladies.in everything you find yourself doing apply yourself to the job, know it as if your life depends on it, be it banking,oil,or even civil service.without the bankers, there is virtually no deal that can be sealed, even the one partaining to the oil sector.

apart from the oil giants --- shell,chevron,mobil,elf etc and 1 or 2 oil servicing companies -- haliburton,schlumberger, tell me others that can employ and pay as well as banks.

if u know what you are doing,as in you are really learning the art of banking and not running after deposits alone, you have alot to gain.u will meet people that matter in the society, you will meet the lows ,the highs and the mighties.thats y if u r smart enough, you can find such people useful in the nearest future.they are ur contact base.

one ting i have obeserved about bankers alot is that they have more contact base than any group of people(maybe the only exceptions are the pastors and imams) and they tend to take risks (fnancial) more than any group of people.for u to be a succsful biz man,you need that call it.how many oil/gas boiz retired and you can hear them doing quality things.if there are, you can count them on ur finger tips.whereas you can lose count of those of bankers that retired and r doing worthwhile things.

finally, my thanks goes to all for all ur appreciation of my last post.

God bless us all.
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 10:12am On Jul 10, 2008
Can someone please breakdown the grades within banking for me.

From PIT to Executive Director, what are the grade levels inbetween.
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by anon1: 11:38am On Jul 10, 2008
Working in a Bank is okay but you must check that after your salary are you fulfilled? I have worked in two different Banks and I left out of frustration. I am not saying that working in a Bank is bad, No. All am saying is is that what you want? Are you cut out for such jobs? Will you be fulfilled? I thought that my salary could bring fulfilment but I was totally wrong. Fulfilment goes way beyond money because money will surely finish. Another point is what value is added to you in a Bank. Initially yes but for how long? Will you remain relevant for life in the World? I think that building your career is key, being fulfilled is also important. I know that the economic situation of the country has made lots of people join various Banks, that is what is called reality but you don't have to remain there, plan your life and jump out as soon as possible.
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by personpapa: 5:20pm On Jul 10, 2008
Phb correct but unity bank plc is one of the best paid banks in nigeria with 150% increase 4 all cadre with employment security and reasonable target, best IT infrastruture.
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by temmilorun: 5:45pm On Jul 10, 2008
my reply is to Olajide 07, please ur dream if it is want u want and if other opportunities come, please go for it,
although I was not present during ur relationship with ur lady, so we would not know who to blame
Please Life goes on, if she comes back fine and if not, fine
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by moshewd: 6:56pm On Jul 10, 2008
hi super star. i like your analysis. pls. do keep the good work up.
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by HIROSHI: 11:24pm On Jul 11, 2008
I doff my hat for Superstar1! cool But u did not mention UBA and NIB.
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 11:42pm On Jul 11, 2008
Ah ha!!!

Nobody fit list the job grades in bank for me? undecided

Oya:

Officer
Senior Officer
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by 702: 1:33pm On Jul 12, 2008
@sagamite

Guy no worry about dat, just give 101% on d job , then in 4-6yrs u wud become a branch manager!!!
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by thirdeye(m): 3:32am On Jul 13, 2008
Is good to work where you will be well paid, but you can't compare it with doing what you love and enjoy. When I was working somewhere sometimes ago Mondays were my saddest days. Now I look forward to mondays. The money doesn't count like happiness.
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by ijiko: 4:50pm On Jul 13, 2008
Hi,

For clarification, Access Bank pays 3.5M per annum. Though a good chunk is tied to appraisal perfomance and bonuses while an ET takes home 174k per month of this amount.
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by 702: 10:25pm On Jul 13, 2008
@ijiko

where did u get this source info 4rm?

u sure??, hmm 3rd highest paid bank!!
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 13, 2008
As for me Banks dont pay because if u consider their workload to the Pay, it is nothing. Beside banks even contribute alot to Prison Congestion n Police Stations n EFCC Station Cell Congestion, because the thing is THIS IS MONEY, THIS IS JAIL, THIS DEAD.I shld no beta because am a staff n Am proud of It. I love it even without pay. It gave u the Power to Network n also met people [VIPs] without booking an Appointment. I guess if U wanna be SELF-EMPLOYED, get a little banking experience, I mean there Operations not Marketing, because that will save U Millions if not Billions when u finally Get Established.

If u are thinking or planing to work in a bank, Plz dont go because of the CASH, Go because of Ur Zeal n Passion.because if na CASH u go for I Assured U, U will get Ur Reputation n Name destroyed in the Process of working.

Be Passion Driven smiley
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by LondonCool(m): 12:22am On Jul 14, 2008
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by LondonCool(m): 12:28am On Jul 14, 2008
[.
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by ehie007(m): 10:55am On Jul 14, 2008
the highest paying bank now in terms of monthly take home pay is ETB. the other like Oceanic, bankphb,intercontinental dont match up with ETB in take home pay. most of their salaries are in paper.

i wish i culd leave the banking sector for a much less stree company, Oil and gas or Multinationals. Banking sector is wicked.
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by badblood13(m): 3:16pm On Jul 14, 2008
@ all
   my younger cousin finished with a 3RD class what prospect of getting a job in a Bank?? with connection or without,
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by andrew3338(m): 4:03pm On Jul 14, 2008
etb is the only bank that pays N4 MILLION -no performance to her entry level staff
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by CyberG: 9:57pm On Jul 14, 2008
Boy, everyone wants to work in a bank in Nigeria? If not, it is Oil or Telecom! Nobody actually using some brains to design, build and create something to be sold in all other nations of the world and for once set up Nigeria as a true country with VALUE - not just buying and selling all fuelled by corruption! Where is the money being banked coming from when there is no development in infrastructure, education, health and other sectors? Who will treat all the bankers when the fall sick or we will all just go abroad like that BONEHEADED president and the useless leaders?

I was in Nigeria recently, all my friends who studied anything are all in the banks now! Engineers, doctors, pharmacists all straight to the bank, what a calamity of a country! But am I not glad not to have to see all this things in Nigeria everyday? You bet I am! I wish Nigeria will emphasize and focus the right things to build that country and stop making all of us look like fools who cannot have no brains!

NB: In case you cannot see the positive criticism of my rant, please look more clearly and you would see it. Where I am, I am doing so well: making close to N1,000,000.00 per month and developing myself very fast, as fast as I choose to go! Live a quality of life anyone in Abuja or Lekki can only dream off, less than 30 yrs old, graduated from OAU just a few years ago! NIGERIA MAKES MY HEART BLEED AND ITS SO FRUSTRATING!

1 Like

Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 5:12am On Jul 15, 2008
@ LondonCool

thanks.
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by 702: 11:37am On Jul 17, 2008
@badblood

probability is 0.5!!! n 0.6 wiv runs!! grin
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by bixqo3: 2:54pm On Jul 17, 2008
highest paying banks are
oceanic
bank phb
intercontinental bank
etb- just reviewed
fbn

confirmed
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by carmelily: 3:10pm On Jul 18, 2008
CyberG:

Boy, everyone wants to work in a bank in Nigeria? If not, it is Oil or Telecom! Nobody actually using some brains to design, build and create something to be sold in all other nations of the world and for once set up Nigeria as a true country with VALUE - not just buying and selling all fuelled by corruption! Where is the money being banked coming from when there is no development in infrastructure, education, health and other sectors? Who will treat all the bankers when the fall sick or we will all just go abroad like that BONEHEADED president and the useless leaders?

I was in Nigeria recently, all my friends who studied anything are all in the banks now! Engineers, doctors, pharmacists all straight to the bank, what a calamity of a country! But am I not glad not to have to see all this things in Nigeria everyday? You bet I am! I wish Nigeria will emphasize and focus the right things to build that country and stop making all of us look like fools who cannot have no brains!

NB: In case you cannot see the positive criticism of my rant, please look more clearly and you would see it. Where I am, I am doing so well: making close to N1,000,000.00 per month and developing myself very fast, as fast as I choose to go! Live a quality of life anyone in Abuja or Lekki can only dream off, less than 30 years old, graduated from OAU just a few years ago! NIGERIA MAKES MY HEART BLEED AND ITS SO FRUSTRATING!

gbam grin
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by BangBang2(m): 3:21pm On Jul 18, 2008
CyberG:

NB: In case you cannot see the positive criticism of my rant, please look more clearly and you would see it. Where I am, I am doing so well: making close to N1,000,000.00 per month and developing myself very fast, as fast as I choose to go! Live a quality of life anyone in Abuja or Lekki can only dream off, less than 30 years old, graduated from OAU just a few years ago! NIGERIA MAKES MY HEART BLEED AND ITS SO FRUSTRATING!

It is pathetic really if everyone thinks itz all about the banks!!

All dic.k, tom and harry of all other educational discipline area have flooded the banks and telecoms

Nigeria need them all in other sectors to drive the nation forward, but NA LIE- "if i no work for Bank, no be my papa born me"

Mindset has to change, people need to think laterally and constructively, otherwise Nigeria would never move forward!!

The tune on everybody's mouth is Bank!Bank!!Bank!!! or OIL! OIL!! OIL!!! or TELECOMS!TELECOMS!!TELECOMS!!!

PEOPLE NEED TO THINK OUT OF THE FUCKING BOX AND BE INNOVATIVE

I wonder where they would run to, if the financial, telecoms or oil sectors collapses or redundancies starts creeping in!!
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by 702: 5:48pm On Jul 18, 2008
Guyz!!! a friend of mine wz given the opportunity 2 work in PHB n then Oceanic, which do u tink is best suited 4 her??
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 18, 2008
The entry level pay in StanbicIBTC is 108K, not 150k.
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by koksi(f): 3:18pm On Jul 19, 2008
you guys are doing a very nice job,pls keep up the spirit!

i'm aware first bank has improved a lot in its pay package.a friend of mine that just
got a job with one of its subsidiaries smiles home with 120k 4 a start subject to an increase after 6 months.that is besides some other allowances,and stuffs like upfront,
and the likes,also there are no targets and job security is guaranteed.
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by Boslo: 11:35am On Jul 21, 2008
wHY IS NOBODY TALKING ABOUT uNION bANK,Spring bank and the rest.Pls I need info on this banks.Thanks
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by oladim80: 2:13pm On Jul 21, 2008
hello Superstar1
how are you doing, i want to know abt this banking stuff payment does it depend on B.sc or HND and can you breif me on payment roll of the oil company,telecom company and banking sector which is the higest pay
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by magentam(f): 7:42am On Jul 22, 2008
Thank you Superstar,you are the most informative person on this forum, I bet you are a banker too. No grudges but I don't think the banking sector is the most innovative.Yeah! They,ve got good dressers,smart talkers et al but I rather find them a lazy bunch who make the most of their oppurtunity. Get a banker sacked and you have pulled the rug off his feet, He goes down the drain faster than a metal key in a well. The most insecured people I can think of, all puffs,no gravity. I read someone talk about Lawyers and how they earn poorly (laughs). I do admire them greatly, they are a fountain of knowledge hence they are called "LEARNED" .Don't get me wrong,I am not a lawyer.

No beefs! But I find alot of bankers vain and lacking in substance. Sometimes meeting some on personal levels,I wonder how they ever got employed. I guess it's the turnover that really matters, not the calibre of recruit. "ZENITH" never ceases to amaze me with their half baked bankers,who will flash their knickers at the drop a hat shocked. Or the ill mannered way they conduct themselves outside office hours. I believe your proffession should mould you to some extent since 70% of your life is spent working. Polish IN, polish OUT! But I get to see alot of Crap IN,Polish out.

In summary,I just want bankers to define their worth better, not financially but in character.Money is a neccesity but what is money without character.Please don't look like pigs with a golden ring.

Lastly,I believe being self employed determines who a real man is. Take a look at Virgin's Richard Branson or our very own Dangote. It takes a real man to go out there to get made on his own. Afterall some of these banks are owned by real men,why not be one too?
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by hanen(f): 9:05am On Jul 22, 2008
magentam:

Thank you Superstar,you are the most informative person on this forum, I bet you are a banker too. No grudges but I don't think the banking sector is the most innovative.Yeah! They,ve got good dressers,smart talkers et al but I rather find them a lazy bunch who make the most of their oppurtunity. Get a banker sacked and you have pulled the rug off his feet, He goes down the drain faster than a metal key in a well. The most insecured people I can think of, all puffs,no gravity. I read someone talk about Lawyers and how they earn poorly (laughs). I do admire them greatly, they are a fountain of knowledge hence they are called "LEARNED" .Don't get me wrong,I am not a lawyer.

No beefs! But I find alot of bankers vain and lacking in substance. Sometimes meeting some on personal levels,I wonder how they ever got employed. I guess it's the turnover that really matters, not the calibre of recruit. "ZENITH" never ceases to amaze me with their half baked bankers,who will flash their knickers at the drop a hat shocked. Or the ill mannered way they conduct themselves outside office hours. I believe your proffession should mould you to some extent since 70% of your life is spent working. Polish IN, polish OUT! But I get to see alot of Crap IN,Polish out.

In summary,I just want bankers to define their worth better, not financially but in character.Money is a neccesity but what is money without character.Please don't look like pigs with a golden ring.

Lastly,I believe being self employed determines who a real man is. Take a look at Virgin's Richard Branson or our very own Dangote. It takes a real man to go out there to get made on his own. Afterall some of these banks are owned by real men,why not be one too?

Wow. Chick. Calm DOWN, undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse / Yagana Musa Bags The Rank Of Major In Nigerian Army (Photos) / My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.