Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,973 members, 7,814,301 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? (36023 Views)

Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs. / Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria / Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by Finecat(m): 1:02pm On Jul 22, 2008
@Magentam

Very well put, most of these Nigerian bankers are airheads. Their so called well paying job is like a minimum wage in the states without all the useless stress attached. It's too sad for a country when a bank worker thinks he/she is among the best paying worker. MY HEART BLEEDS FOR NIGERIA. And i feel sorry for these bankers, because come December or January 2009 most of them will be out of job or work at a highly reduced wage. The new Govt. policy that harmonized their account declarations, will expose most of the banks. Atleast 8 to 10 banks are going under. Wait and see.
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by GoldCircle: 1:33pm On Jul 22, 2008
Finecat!!! NA GOD GO PUNISH U FOR THAT STATEMENT WEY U MAKE! Ignorant pig!!!
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by hanen(f): 7:12pm On Jul 22, 2008
@ finecat and mangetan

Bankers dont think they're the highest paying workers. Other people do. Bankers know how much they earn after all. There's just so much hype surrounding bank workers by people that earn LESS, and they hear annual salary and think all sorts. Just because they happen to have those jobs doesn't mean they're stupid.

U obviously have a lot of beef and resentment to address.

1 Like

Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by Finecat(m): 7:45pm On Jul 22, 2008
GoldCircle:

Finecat!!! NA GOD GO PUNISH You FOR THAT STATEMENT WEY You MAKE! Ignorant pig!!!

God Punish you, you Bastard !!! You obviously lack home training. Your Papa should have used a Gold circle condom. You are a waste.
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by pcicero(m): 3:57am On Jul 24, 2008
@ Superstar
i've seen all those all those stuffs u posted on the OAU MBA 2 site . Are u sure u didn't copy it from there?
or one of the members sent it to u? Piracy is now a serious offence in Nigeria oh, so beware before u now start feeling like a superstar that u call urself.

As for the much touted Oceanic review, do u guys still stand by ur claims?
It's only in Nigeria that the manufacturing (real) sector is comatose while the bankers are smiling to the banks ( no pun intended).
i don't envy the bank workers, enjoy ur self now till Soludonomy takes his exits.
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by magentam(f): 4:08am On Jul 24, 2008
@ GoldCircle.

Wetin be your own naaaa? Such heavy languages because of Bankers? Shuoooo! E be like sey you be one of those ZENITH people o!
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by Acheina: 12:05pm On Jul 24, 2008
i tire self.is bank the only place u can get money grin
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by superstar1(m): 2:57pm On Jul 24, 2008
@ Picero

what are u talking about?
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by hyde(m): 5:40am On Jul 25, 2008
Na wa 4u guy, why u come abuse the guy like that se u no no say hm mama try hm best to abort am d guy no gry comot
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by superstar1(m): 5:22pm On Jul 25, 2008
@ Picero,

i never copied anything from anywhere. my post on nairaland might have been copied by your so called OAU MBA site and is high time i sued them for piracy (after taking permission from Nairaland). learn to confirm source of posts b4 splitting zilch here.

please, be guided.

1 Like

Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by Dauchman(m): 2:36pm On Jul 27, 2008
@ superstar1
At times when u guys pass comments on bank's pay, u tend to make me laugh at times.
i am working in one of the banks, my bank is not in the top five yet but in the top ten.
do not be deceived wit all those paper pays and apart from that, HR policies of each of the banks differs

if u say bank phb is the highest paying you make me laugh.See they will just tell u the good part of it they, leaving out the negatives.
Do u know that in the same bank phb, you only earn the percentage of the branch target that was met for that month. If u branch makes 75% in target and profitability, then you are going too earn 75% of your salary, be it business developers (marketers) or support guys (operations).

entry level for 1st bank is 104k and it is a less stressful place to work. this is because they have cheap funds ---- monies of our great grandfathers are dead that we are not even aware of (ie monies of the deads).the amalgamation of this funds over the decade makes 1st bank a big bank, thereby putting less stress on ttheir biz developers. they are really being proactive and dynamic nowadays.

as for intercontinental bank, nice pay but unsecured work.don't be surprised if u get to work tommorrow morn and that your colleague is under suspension for what could be treated as minor issues in other places.sincerely, i don't know how there staffs still manage to put up asmil despite the uncertainties thaats surrounds them.

zenith pay is quite small at entry level but they usualy promote across board unlike other places where promotion is based on performance. Zenith promotes u for your effort and also promotes attimes for you to be geared to be like top performers though you're not performing very well. if u really want to learnt the ethics and basics of banking, it is not the best place to start for a marketer becoz u will not kno more than how to generate deposit. the other aspects of banking ie risk assets generation (credit packaging) will be virtually nil. it is a nice place to be wit good and strong corporate image.they have a sound IT in place and their staffs are proud of heir bank

gtb is a very classy place to work. my problem wit them, they have quite a sizeable number of contracts staffs as support. their psy is cool too and your promotion is rest assured.their staffs are very distinct.their staffs are very proud f their bank too.

Oceanic pays well too. it is roughly 90k at the begining for 6months, before you are upgraded from PIT to AO and you start earning upto 156k in a month.thay are also pay 87k as quaterly pay for entry level.
it is a bank that needs to pay more attention to the quality of staffs they recruit, as well as their IT. more often than not, they are always having finacle down time.at times the quality of staff recruit is a reflection of the organisation.i tend to wonder if some of them tipped HR to be employed or maybe the people that are recruiting are recruiting people like them.

fcmb is a place i will rather advise entry level guys to start from becoz they will learn more within a short period of time. after acquiring the knowledge here, the sky is not even the limit again. entry level is 160k per month before confirmation. immediately you are confirmed, your monthly pay drops to 87k but the remaining part is paid as quarterly pay every three months. this is usally upto 220k.you also have access to 80k line of medical services. they have a superb IT  facility and their staffs are highly knowlegeable. my problem with fcmb is their staffs. thay are usually not proud of their workplace and they have a very cause to be --- nice t-shirt,advert,product,building. i love their lapel pin.

stanbic ibtc is a lovely place to work too. entry level is upto 150k.it is another place i ll recommend to starters to begin from because they will learn alot from here.their staffs are cool.

skye bank -- entry level is 130k (not too sure).i heard they have a lot of contracts staffs too. i had an unpleasant experience wit some of their marketers last week and i promised myself if those are the calibres of people working in skye, i will never work for them.they have a very good advert that won them into the hearts of nigerian. i tot they dropped their standard wit that new hakuna matata advert.they also need to improve their IT.

Access bank place alot of emphasis on the quality of their recruitment.though they have contract staffs too and they staffs look well paid. entry level i sup to 120k.so i heard o.

ETB -- heard they pay well, but it is a one-man biz that is not quoted on the stock market floor.

i don't know much about the following. ------ Fidelity, Eco,Unity, first inland,Union

be that as it may, banking sector is still one of the best place to work. it makes u couthe and respected.you also meet people you would never jave dreamt of meeting.in terms of pay, the oil boiz may be ahead initially but the problem is that they hardly get promoted unlike a banker that can become a BM within 4-5years whereas your friend in the oil sector is just about getting his 1st promotion and a time is coming when money might no be important again but positions. that is why you see people intoducing themselves as Head of this and that while your friend in the oil industry is still saying yes sir to the same oga he has been saying it to for 5years.

truly speaking, the best thing you can do for yourself is to be self employed.

i have read wrote about bankers abd i just an help laughing attimes. banking is not all about marketing and begging for money. there are other technical depts --- finacial control, treasury, credit admin etc.

u never know wetin dey, until you're in the system. i rest my case

i beg to disagree with a little of what u have said.

bank phb pay very well, recently the MD/cCEOjust announced that if you are able to meet an average performance at the end of a qquarteru get all uUrperformance induced pay. so except if u r lazy u ddon'tget 100% of uUrpay.

people say oceanic has reviewed yes on paper but yet to implement.

ecobank pays starters 171k, fidelity does something in this region, so does first inland. and u r totally wrong about stanbic. i wwouldn'tadvice any1 i know to go to intercontinental. access just reviewed recently ddon'tknow wat the figure is but u get a loan to buy a brand new car payable in 4yrs.

u r very correct about the oil industry. u are deceived with fat pay while ur mates in the banking industry grow in career and i must say very soon the pay would be a thing of the past. like i said oceanic is about to implement reviewed salaries, PHB would be doing so in about a month or 2 and they intend to remain the highest paying.

but i would advise everyone to look to self employment it may be hard at first but wen u get it rite it becomes bliss.
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by toyoski25: 8:23pm On Jul 29, 2008
Hello my pple,
I have a friend that wants and to come and work in Niger, she has a master from the uk and a couple of certification including A PRINCE2 certification.

she also has 2 yrs experience in project mgt

How much can she possibly take home on a monthly basis? OR per anuum?
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by benabanum: 5:29am On Jul 30, 2008
If u r legally married 2 her,4get her &move on wit ur life,bt if u r not den she is not ur wife its just a child's play. All d same life go on even at 40's wit God
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by athena8888(m): 1:04pm On Jul 30, 2008
Well, my Bank has been consistence winning Bank of the Year back to back (2006-2007,2007-?),
I will be my Oceanic Bank Anytime grin cheesy

Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by Gonorrhea(m): 1:07pm On Jul 30, 2008
athena8888:

Well, my Bank has been consistence winning Bank of the Year back to back (2006-2007,2007-?),

How much are they paying to come and start shinning your teeth on nairaland?!

i bet it is still peanuts at the end of the day, because apart from the highest heirarchy in banks, every other staffer dont get wat they deserve!

Find out how much your bosses get, and you would lead a revolt or resign!
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by toyoski25: 3:44pm On Jul 30, 2008
gonnorea

my pple , haba, i asked a question nobody even cares to answer, una just dey talk about salaries.
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by juxam(m): 8:51am On Jul 31, 2008
SuperStar is a true super star. he got the basics and infact someone cut out his portion and is circulating many mail boxes in banks.
infact from reliable sources bank human resources departments are looking into some of the very true assertions. i'll like to add a few thoughts, however;

First Bank Promises to be on of the most stable places to work in and if you are ready for a career and not to greedy. then first bank is the place for you.
Everything superstar said about GT Bank is absolutely true. infact that is my dream bank. i believe that in Nigeria, it is one of the best places to work in just as Google is the best place in the world to work.

Oceanic bank has the goodwill, little wonder they make so much profit (hope it is not paper). however the staff quality issue may be as a result of the open arms to recieve anyone with a little banking experience even if they were no longer desireable to thier former employers. the staff are very proud and happy. its a good place to work in but i hope that when Madam Cecilia steps down that the new MD doesnt kick out staff.

FCMB, i have a feeling that superstar works there, or has someone close who works there. you no what? the staff are so un motivated and 'un proud' of thier organisation. the brand is great, the career path solid but staff arent able to own and believe in the brand. i heard that the MD had a forum with staff and many things are happening already to make the staff feel good. promotion is an issue. the vision is that FCMB will be the best place to work in.

Diamond Bank, another lovely place. the pay is amongst the top 5 in the bank sector. the keep to thier word and what you see on your offer letter is what you get. staff are highly motivated, happy and stand out. career and growth is cool. there is a snag though, Diamond Bank management can take harsh decisions some times.

Intercontinental Bank gave me an offer and i refused it. people say why? and my reason is this: how will you work in a place that you are always on the edge and you are encouraged to work hard and not smart? i dont believe in making so much noise with adverts and all that. the one good thing about Intercontinental is that they are providing employment for graduates and the slogan about happy customer, happy bank is true to an extent, in that thier customercentric focus is superb.

Skye bank comment is where i beg to differ a bit, they never had any standard from the word go. the first advert was a remix of LIght House Family's Song. so Hakuna Na Matata advert just went down to show that this guys will always be second best or never paceseters. i hear the pay is good and the job security is there.

Zenith is good and remember that all that glitters may or/and may not be gold. i rest my case.

all the other banks have the strenghts and weak points. no work place is entirely perfect. banks are the larget employers of labour in Nigeria and what i hear is that Nigerian Banks pay more around the planet earth.

to be self employed is good but do you have the guts to start up, face the unknown and manage a little capital till it becomes something big?

are we ready to leave our comfort zones, ignore the pressure of being nigerians who always look for short cuts and easy way outs and decide to be creative and industrious (by the way Nigerians are the best breed of humans in the planet earth)!
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by katesegun(f): 2:48pm On Jul 31, 2008
[/color][b][/b] [b][/b[color=#770077]

INTERCONTINENTAL BANK PAYS WELL. THE GUY LOOKING 4 A JOB SHOULD TRY AND GO INTO FISH AND POULTRY FARMING AND SHOULD CONTINUE TO PRAY THAT THE OTHER STYLING BANK GUY SHOULD NOT BE SACKED SO THAT HE WILL BE THE ONE TO ALWAYS COME FOR HIS MONEY AT THE END OF THE DAYS WORK.
        AM NOT YABING U .

ONE LOVE
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by 702: 10:21am On Aug 01, 2008
@daunchman your rite bout ma phb!!  itz rily based on each branch performance!!!

ders wat we kal PIP team based n PIP individual Based!

u would av 2 tell all ya buddies 2 tighten dere belts so that u all cud get a full month's pay!!! wink
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by MyPeace(f): 12:26pm On Aug 01, 2008
athena8888:

[/quote
t

true talk!!!!! infact l worked at a place, i fortunately/unfortunately saw my boss salary, her one month salary is my gross annual pay. couldnt believe my eyes!!
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by GoldCircle: 2:44pm On Aug 01, 2008
@juxam!
na wa oh! U don reach here too? I still know what u did last summer o! I be your country broda! ya ya de?
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by Shegbe: 4:10pm On Aug 04, 2008
Your Girl ran away 2 cos of a guy in Steerlin? Wat she have done if the guy works in CBN. I feel ur pain man
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by hypso: 4:41pm On Aug 05, 2008
well just in case u havent heard, zenith just review salary and it 149k for entry level minus ps and medical,
just take home,
inner source that i am
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by Blessed2k: 5:25pm On Aug 16, 2008
i think zenith bank is the highest paid
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by banjiadu(m): 7:28am On Aug 19, 2008
As @ yesterday, information has it that 'Afribank is the highest paying '
Top 5 are

Oceanic
Phb
Access: 3.6
Etb: 3.0 then 3.7 on confirmation (6months)
Intercontinental
Skybank:3.2

well most banks now are in the range of 2.6-3.9

If Afribank is the highest paying as they say, then oceanic is next, I stand corrected.
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by ayobase(m): 7:49pm On Sep 05, 2008
whatever they pay there in banks,
I wouldnt afford to work in there.
maybe I COULD only try 4
at most,2 years just 4 stepping
stone financially.
but, NOPE!!!!
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by pcicero(m): 4:05pm On Nov 30, 2009
A prophecy that came true.

@ Superstar
i've seen all those all those stuffs u posted on the OAU MBA 2 site . Are u sure u didn't copy it from there?
or one of the members sent it to u? Piracy is now a serious offence in Nigeria oh, so beware before u now start feeling like a superstar that u call urself.

As for the much touted Oceanic review, do u guys still stand by your claims?
It's only in Nigeria that the manufacturing (real) sector is comatose while the bankers are smiling to the banks ( no pun intended).
i don't envy the bank workers, enjoy your self now till Soludonomy takes his exits.
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by Lolladey(f): 9:33pm On Nov 30, 2009
though banking jobs pay well. but,
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by insight04: 1:07am On Jun 05, 2010
bump
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by ReachRich(m): 9:25am On Feb 17, 2012
any one with infor about Stanbic entry level pay?
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by kingfisher1: 10:39am On Aug 12, 2012
Pls I need info on how much do entry level take home? A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ again I wanna know if there is cuaterly pay for entry befoor confirmation? Pls I need intel?
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by kingfisher1: 11:30am On Aug 12, 2012
I mean diamond bank

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse / Yagana Musa Bags The Rank Of Major In Nigerian Army (Photos) / My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.