Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,798 members, 7,810,075 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt (40106 Views)

Elegant 3 Bedroom Bungalow Construction On Half Plot - Lekki (with Pictures) / Photos From The Building Collapse In Lekki, Lagos This Morning / Photos From The Building Collapse In Isheri-Magodo, Lagos In The Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 10:58pm On Nov 12, 2013
A brief explanation on how we stand our column starter pads. We cast a concrete mixture and allow for drying, the next day we place a metal reinforcement and then stand the column rods on top of it.

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 11:03pm On Nov 12, 2013
Moist, dripping concrete casting,

Column starter buried in a strong cast of concrete.

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 11:07pm On Nov 12, 2013
So many columns, chai! cheesy This one na column bombardment grin grin

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by Fhemmmy: 11:50pm On Nov 12, 2013
Loving it by the day
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by chinosxl(m): 2:30am On Nov 13, 2013
Oga Spyder well done.
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 5:50am On Nov 13, 2013
chinosxl: Oga Spyder well done.

Thank you Sir, we must continue to push the boundaries of speedy, quality buildings.
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 5:55am On Nov 13, 2013
Ladies and gentlemen, I welcome you into a new day, and into a great moment in the construction of this house. You are all welcome to the foundation laying ceremony in this great house. A house normally will be built with thousands of blocks, but it is important we capture the laying of the very first block in a house. This is the moment!

1 Like

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by Wendyphil(f): 8:32am On Nov 13, 2013
Good job Op..
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 13, 2013
spyder880: Ladies and gentlemen, I welcome you into a new day, and into a great moment in the construction of this house. You are all welcome to the foundation laying ceremony in this great house. A house normally will be built with thousands of blocks, but it is important we capture the laying of the very first block in a house. This is the moment!
I am not regretting the high school fees paid for this course as there is so much to learn from Spyder, every resource devoted to this program is worth it. This post should not go back to the front page so that only genuine and interested students will make contributions. What is the depth of the foundation and the concrete cement ratio??

This may not have been included in your quote, but please consider making the DPC very high (3-4 blocks above ground level) since Port Harcourt is prone to seasonal flooding. Just wish I could come for site visit and also be reminded that the students were not taught on how Obio Akpor boys were settled, how about land papers, building permit, bush entry and others... curious to know. Good for you to incorporate this in our course outline.
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 13, 2013
scribe2000: Oga Spyder, I observed, with huge admiration, your updates on the projects you are handling. Kudos for the excellent job.

I am about to start work on a 2 storey building with 6 flats of 3 bedroom each somewhere in the southeast. Each room will be en-suite.

Because I am not in the country, I want to get an independent expert opinion on the quotes I received for the completion of the building. I intend to independently verify the estimate before I commit myself to a particular builder.

Can you please give me an idea of what the cost might be to complete the building? Can I send you a private email?

Thanks.

I can deliver this project for you between 18m to 20m, this range depend on the taste of the finishings. 30m is too much and too far from it. I will p.m you so that i can send my company profile to you for necessary actions and i have agreement form that i draft for my clients. This is my number +2347035596641 and +2348178706641, this is my email: samuelajoseengineers@gmail.com and ajosesegun2011@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by NL1960: 11:02am On Nov 13, 2013
scribe2000: Thanks for the information. I must have missed Spyder's thread on the Enugu building. N16m sounds nice and too good to be true because unofficial speculations are putting it to me at between N30 to N40m. Please can more experts in the house comment? Thanks.

Iam not an expert but from the little i know and from the little i have done and depending on the area, N16m can give you something good. Finishing depends on taste. For instance, somebody can decide to buy a set of toilet sittings for 17k while another person's taste is that of 75k. Somebody can buy toilet wall tiles for N2000 per square meters while another person is comfortable with N900 per Square Meters. If you want jacuzzi, all na money and taste.
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by scribe2000(m): 1:34pm On Nov 13, 2013
NL1960:

Iam not an expert but from the little i know and from the little i have done and depending on the area, N16m can give you something good. Finishing depends on taste. For instance, somebody can decide to buy a set of toilet sittings for 17k while another person's taste is that of 75k. Somebody can buy toilet wall tiles for N2000 per square meters while another person is comfortable with N900 per Square Meters. If you want jacuzzi, all na money and taste.

Thanks for the intelligent insight on this. I have noted what you said, and will use as a starting point on negotiations when i do get the final qoute. Your contribution is highly appreciated.
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by scribe2000(m): 1:42pm On Nov 13, 2013
segzy14:

I can deliver this project for you between 18m to 20m, this range depend on the taste of the finishings. 30m is too much and too far from it. I will p.m you so that i can send my company profile to you for necessary actions and i have agreement form that i draft for my clients. This is my number +2347035596641 and +2348178706641, this is my email: samuelajoseengineers@gmail.com and ajosesegun2011@gmail.com

I have sent you an email. Thanks.
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by mufutau55(m): 3:33pm On Nov 13, 2013
NL1960:

NL1950, you are definitely right. You may get a closed estimate for carcass but when it comes to finishing, it depends on individual taste,
I know because I am going thru the same process, just like you are with your project.. Finishing is the killer..

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 9:28pm On Nov 13, 2013
We continued works on the foundation block work today,

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by Fhemmmy: 9:29pm On Nov 13, 2013
Feeding my eyes and teaching my brain
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 9:31pm On Nov 13, 2013
growing.........

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2013
more blocks....

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by Fhemmmy: 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2013
Na wa oh cheesy
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 9:42pm On Nov 13, 2013
We are going to pick more blocks from tomorrow as we target to complete this in good time,

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 9:46pm On Nov 13, 2013
Carry the blocks into the foundation where they are needed.

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by jamesbridget13(f): 5:49am On Nov 14, 2013
Weldone sire!

1 Like

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 14, 2013
chibabe3: I am not regretting the high school fees paid for this course as there is so much to learn from Spyder, every resource devoted to this program is worth it. This post should not go back to the front page so that only genuine and interested students will make contributions. What is the depth of the foundation and the concrete cement ratio??

This may not have been included in your quote, but please consider making the DPC very high (3-4 blocks above ground level) since Port Harcourt is prone to seasonal flooding. Just wish I could come for site visit and also be reminded that the students were not taught on how Obio Akpor boys were settled, how about land papers, building permit, bush entry and others... curious to know. Good for you to incorporate this in our course outline.

Hoping to get a reply to the earlier sent post... We need to learn these things very well. Thanks.
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by NL1960: 12:22pm On Nov 14, 2013
mufutau55:

NL1950, you are definitely right. You may get a closed estimate for carcass but when it comes to finishing, it depends on individual taste,
I know because I am going thru the same process, just like you are with your project.. Finishing is the killer..

Hajji Mufutau

@Hajji Mufutau. I discovered property section of Nairaland after i started my project. The lessons here has been of immerse benefits. Prior to this, i have always wondered why there were so many abandoned building projects especially after the block work. Breakdown by the gurus here has given me more insights into the reasons. Most people start a building with the mind that once blocks has been set, the building is finished which is a wrong assumption. Foundation to end of block work can be done piecemeal. For example, somebody can just buy 200 blocks, get a bricklayer and lay and then wait for money to buy another set of blocks. I will call this, Phase 1 which i think is the simplest.

The part i call Phase 2 is the roofing, windows and doors which i consider the most difficult and which i think most people get stuck on because this phase cannot be done in piecemeal like the Phase 1. Wood noggin for roofing has to be done at once. Covering the roof with roofing sheets has to be done at once also. To do these two activities require bulk money as there is no way you can do one part of the roof and leave the other or roof one part and leave the other. The same applies to windows and doors. This is where i think most get stuck on which leads to building projects being abandoned. I can remember when i wanted to roof my project and i saw about 1million staring at me at once.

The final Phase is what i call the finishing Phase or Phase 3. This phase is similar to Phase 1 as activities in this phase can also be done in piecemeal. This phase also depends on taste. I remember a friend who wanted to use stainless for his staircase and other railings. He was given a bill of about 1million. He just told them to hold on or in the alternative they should look for local fabricated equivalent.

I will advise people that intend to build to look critically at Phase 2 mentioned above and try to plan ahead for that before they start. Luckily for me, even though i was a novice before i started, i had somehow provided for Phase 1 and Phase 2 before commencement.
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by mufutau55(m): 4:34pm On Nov 14, 2013
NL1960:

@Hajji Mufutau. I discovered property section of Nairaland after i started my project. The lessons here has been of immerse benefits. Prior to this, i have always wondered why there were so many abandoned building projects especially after the block work. Breakdown by the gurus here has given me more insights into the reasons. Most people start a building with the mind that once blocks has been set, the building is finished which is a wrong assumption. Foundation to end of block work can be done piecemeal. For example, somebody can just buy 200 blocks, get a bricklayer and lay and then wait for money to buy another set of blocks. I will call this, Phase 1 which i think is the simplest.

The part i call Phase 2 is the roofing, windows and doors which i consider the most difficult and which i think most people get stuck on because this phase cannot be done in piecemeal like the Phase 1. Wood noggin for roofing has to be done at once. Covering the roof with roofing sheets has to be done at once also. To do these two activities require bulk money as there is no way you can do one part of the roof and leave the other or roof one part and leave the other. The same applies to windows and doors. This is where i think most get stuck on which leads to building projects being abandoned. I can remember when i wanted to roof my project and i saw about 1million staring at me at once.

The final Phase is what i call the finishing Phase or Phase 3. This phase is similar to Phase 1 as activities in this phase can also be done in piecemeal. This phase also depends on taste. I remember a friend who wanted to use stainless for his staircase and other railings. He was given a bill of about 1million. He just told them to hold on or in the alternative they should look for local fabricated equivalent.

I will advise people that intend to build to look critically at Phase 2 mentioned above and try to plan ahead for that before they start. Luckily for me, even though i was a novice before i started, i had somehow provided for Phase 1 and Phase 2 before commencement.

NL1960, I was glad to be involved with Nairaland Property forums too.. I went thru the same thing you did before I discovered this great forum with all the professionals helping here.. I asked so many novice questions and I was glad I did and learnt so many things.
Your analysis bove are correct and should be read by all novice trying to build their own house.. The stages are correct from the to the end.
At one stage I abandoned my project not for lack of money but for lack of people to help me execute it, especially when you are not in Nigeria to monitor it yourslef.. I have since started everything again based on all my knowledge from this great forums.. God bless all the pros here.
Building a good house is not a joke, unless you are one of those Politicians scooping money like water.. God help us.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 10:32pm On Nov 14, 2013
We are still laying the final set of blocks in the foundation of this house.

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by mufutau55(m): 10:34pm On Nov 14, 2013
spyder880: We are still laying the final set of blocks in the foundation of this house.

Good work Spyder. I am watching this and hoping it's mine. smiley

Hajji Mufutau

1 Like

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 10:36pm On Nov 14, 2013
More from the site.

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 10:37pm On Nov 14, 2013
mufutau55:

Good work Spyder. I am watching this and hoping it's mine. smiley

Hajji Mufutau

I am hoping to work for you one day Sir.

1 Like

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 10:40pm On Nov 14, 2013
More blocks laid.

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 10:43pm On Nov 14, 2013
Carpentry works ongoing, as we cast the columns with wet concrete.

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by solelymade: 11:05pm On Nov 14, 2013
Always gentle at the master's feet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

5 BEDROOM PANTHEON SMART DUPLEX + A POOL @ ORCHID BY CHEVRON LEKKI. CALL US NOW! / Building A New 6 Bedroom Duplex, A Diary. / A Sample Collection Of Tiles For Your Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.