Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,278 members, 7,957,705 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:54 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (628422 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 7:20am On Dec 20, 2013
ChriGo: ....Mis sim bitibo....sim card? grin.....

grin Sim card ke? Maybe, Simpson.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by nrdgeek: 8:42am On Dec 20, 2013
miss bon: yea I get u, I think u shuld just use the pgd to get the visa and wen u get to canny, u can switch. It's safer dat way smiley

nrd_geek: Yeah ... guess I'd have to start looking for a new school pronto smiley

On a second thought, I hope the Canadians don't use the UK system where you have to get sponsored by a school to get a visa. In this system, you can apply for a visa based on your sponsor and only attend the school that sponsors you. Interestingly, you're required to register with your sponsor school immediately you arrive the UK and both the school and the UKBA are 'expected' to keep tabs on you all through your studies. If this is the case, then your suggestion might get compromised. cry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 8:44am On Dec 20, 2013
no they don't use the UK system, u can check the cic website to learn more smiley www.cic.gc.ca
nrd_geek:

On a second thought, I hope the Canadians don't use the UK system where you have to get sponsored by a school to get a visa. In this system, you can apply for a visa based on your sponsor and only attend the school that sponsors you. Interestingly, you're required to register with your sponsor school immediately you arrive the UK and both the school and the UKBA are 'expected' to keep tabs on you all through your studies. If this is the case, then your suggestion might get compromised. cry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 8:47am On Dec 20, 2013
I can see your shinny teeth too.lol smiley
lymelyte:
@miss bon,see your BIG teeth cheesy grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 9:13am On Dec 20, 2013
To all the people dat sent me pm, please email chrigolex@gmail.com for a quicker reply. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 20, 2013
Hello Everyone, good morning. Please I need some information as regards applying to Canadian schools. I've made some research & I'm thinking University of Alberta or Calgary but I really do need more options. Any safety school(s) that offer a masters degree in Environmental Engineering/Technology would be just fine. Would love to apply for financial aid as well, just want a school with higher chances of admission & financial aid. No GRE required. Thank you all for keeping this thread live. I'm a newbie here actually lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by worry359(m): 9:55am On Dec 20, 2013
coolbibz: Hello Everyone, good morning. Please I need some information as regards applying to Canadian schools. I've made some research & I'm thinking University of Alberta or Calgary but I really do need more options. Any safety school(s) that offer a masters degree in Environmental Engineering/Technology would be just fine. Would love to apply for financial aid as well, just want a school with higher chances of admission & financial aid. No GRE required. Thank you all for keeping this thread live. I'm a newbie here actually lol
Unfortunatly your requirements are contradicting.
To get easy entry and to get good scholarship (grant) you normally need exceptional grades on your entry qualifications.
Most scholarships go to the best pupils so you should look to your qualifications.
Use Google to find school names then go to their website for specific information.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by surveyor1: 10:35am On Dec 20, 2013
coolbibz: Hello Everyone, good morning. Please I need some information as regards applying to Canadian schools. I've made some research & I'm thinking University of Alberta or Calgary but I really do need more options. Any safety school(s) that offer a masters degree in Environmental Engineering/Technology would be just fine. Would love to apply for financial aid as well, just want a school with higher chances of admission & financial aid. No GRE required. Thank you all for keeping this thread live. I'm a newbie here actually lol
I will advice you not to choose the aforementioned universities if you don't have first class, work experience and publication if you need scholarship. Canada university value publications if u applying for scholarship. You can search for less competitive universities.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 20, 2013
worry 359:
Unfortunatly your requirements are contradicting.
To get easy entry and to get good scholarship (grant) you normally need exceptional grades on your entry qualifications.
Most scholarships go to the best pupils so you should look to your qualifications.
Use Google to find school names then go to their website for specific information.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 20, 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by greatheights: 2:46pm On Dec 20, 2013
miss bon: To all the people dat sent me pm, please email chrigolex@gmail.com for a quicker reply. smiley

#np caro

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 3:14pm On Dec 20, 2013
......Hmmm!!! Lambton college....Nice school....cold level not bad(-6C)....No Nepa Light.....No generator fume.....No agbero....No rival for my Miss bon grin....My advice to peeps coming down to Lambton...or even Canada in general....try as much as possible to hold less raw cash with you....say $300....you can always come down to withdraw the cash via ATM machine....Greatheights tried it yesterday and it worked...GTB card,N240 charges per withdrawal....at bank rate.....so if you go dull ursef change $1000 at the rate of 172(owo tabua) for black market you are at loss.....this info does not apply to Omo Baba Olowo(OBO) anyway.....Miss bon dearie who wants to rival with you?.....

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 3:20pm On Dec 20, 2013
Rival ke? Ko joor, dat ain't gon happen switie kiss smiley
ChriGo: ......Hmmm!!! Lambton college....Nice school....cold level not bad(-6C)....No Nepa Light.....No generator fume.....No agbero....No rival for my Miss bon grin....My advice to peeps coming down to Lambton...or even Canada in general....try as much as possible to hold less raw cash with you....say $300....you can always come down to withdraw the cash via ATM machine....Greatheights tried it yesterday and it worked...GTB card,N240 charges per withdrawal....at bank rate.....so if you go dull ursef change $1000 at the rate of 172(owo tabua) for black market you are at loss.....this info does not apply to Omo Baba Olowo(OBO) anyway.....Miss bon dearie who wants to rival with you?.....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Siga: 3:31pm On Dec 20, 2013
ChriGo: ......Hmmm!!! Lambton college....Nice school....cold level not bad(-6C)....No Nepa Light.....No generator fume.....No agbero....No rival for my Miss bon grin....My advice to peeps coming down to Lambton...or even Canada in general....try as much as possible to hold less raw cash with you....say $300....you can always come down to withdraw the cash via ATM machine....Greatheights tried it yesterday and it worked...GTB card,N240 charges per withdrawal....at bank rate.....so if you go dull ursef change $1000 at the rate of 172(owo tabua) for black market you are at loss.....this info does not apply to Omo Baba Olowo(OBO) anyway.....Miss bon dearie who wants to rival with you?.....
...Chrigogo ... u don dey get old info since u don enter Canada... heard dollar for Malo na N179 now ooo...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Siga: 3:31pm On Dec 20, 2013
miss bon: Rival ke? Ko joor, dat ain't gon happen switie kiss smiley
... See u... I don arrange one white chick for Chrigogo already... u too late...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 3:38pm On Dec 20, 2013
Lol.......ha! Oga siga no do dat one for me oo *flying to canny ASAP* smiley
Siga: ... See u... I don arrange one white chick for Chrigogo already... u too late...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 3:40pm On Dec 20, 2013
Siga: ...Chrigogo ... u don dey get old info since u don enter Canada... heard dollar for Malo na N179 now ooo...
.....ohhhh!!...Exchanged mine for N172....hmmm!!! N179 na owo Tabua mehn......not meant for dudes like ChriGo and Kclexa grin......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 3:42pm On Dec 20, 2013
Siga: ... See u... I don arrange one white chick for Chrigogo already... u too late...
....She aint scared grin....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Siga: 3:48pm On Dec 20, 2013
ChriGo: ....She aint scared grin....
...I gat picture evidence...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 4:10pm On Dec 20, 2013
Those who God have joined togeda, make no man put asunder biko. Lol
Siga: ...I gat picture evidence...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by teexzle: 6:57pm On Dec 20, 2013
miss bon: i think you shuld try to get a pgd for better chances so there wont be problems smiley
Seconded..u can always change wen u get it

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by greatfa4(m): 7:29pm On Dec 20, 2013
ChriGo: .....bro if na postgraduate be your target with that cgpa i advice u change target bro....narrow your search down to college postgraduate diploma admission...its your best bet....as for the cost..hmmm!! its advisable to go for 2yrs postgrad diploma and the cost per year ranges from $12000 - $13000 per year .....to work isnt the problem...its just a strategy you have you do...working as a student outside campus isnt allowed buh you can only work on campus for a restricted period of time ....after six months of studies then you can start working off campus...Thats the rules...offcampus jobs pays pretty good compare to oncampus......during summer you are allowed to work 24hrs,you can use that opportunity to work and earn some cool cash grin......its pretty bad that doesnt favour us Winter applicant cuz we have to study from jan - April(4months) ....we cant work offcampus cuz its not up to 6months studies...we get to be issued offcamp work permit around october.....hope dis helps.....

Bros thank u very much for the great advise, I will go for college diploma or still yet go 4 undergraduate, what did u think?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Fhemmmy: 7:32pm On Dec 20, 2013
greatfa4:

Bros thank u very much for the great advise, I will go for college diploma or still yet go 4 undergraduate, what did u think?

Sorry to butt in, hope you dont mind me commenting . . . . I will advice to go as ChriGo has advised, undergrad makes no sense except age is not against you, else, go for Post graduate at one of the colleges . . . . Good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 8:34pm On Dec 20, 2013
ChriGo: .....ohhhh!!...Exchanged mine for N172....hmmm!!! N179 na owo Tabua mehn......not meant for dudes like ChriGo and Kclexa grin......

Padi mi, you sure know say I can't fit dull myself. I just renewed my GTB card wey suppose expire 2014 cos I no ready change pass 200 dollars for here.

And all those cunny pple wey go say dey no fit send me dollars no go get excuse cos I go dey request naira gbam. grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tkay11(f): 10:04pm On Dec 20, 2013
Hi nl's ts good to knw more pple av gotten trv's nd chrigo n gh have landed! Thank God for his mercy!
A frnd of mine has a lil challenge he gave his app to an agent since sept nd jst dscoverd dey jst submittd 4him 3dayz ago dts 17th of dec please is there nytn he can do cuz he alredi paid fees as he wz suppose to resume in centennial for january pls ur suggestions wil b appreciated!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Fhemmmy: 10:06pm On Dec 20, 2013
tkay11: Hi nl's ts good to knw more pple av gotten trv's nd chrigo n gh have landed! Thank God for his mercy!
A frnd of mine has a lil challenge he gave his app to an agent since sept nd jst dscoverd dey jst submittd 4him 3dayz ago dts 17th of dec please is there nytn he can do cuz he alredi paid fees as he wz suppose to resume in centennial for january pls ur suggestions wil b appreciated!

It is impossible for him to resume if the agent just submitted application on 17th of December, might have to delay till next Fall session

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Siga: 10:55pm On Dec 20, 2013
tkay11: Hi nl's ts good to knw more pple av gotten trv's nd chrigo n gh have landed! Thank God for his mercy!
…Are u sure the agent no use ur friend SOA for one of his clients wey pay am wella and didn't have a correct SOA…. don't trust those crooked agents oo…. abi what was the reason given to ur friend as per why they got an application that long and didn't submit… in my opinion… tell ur friend to college him money back…that if its possible … and collect all him docs to apply himself….
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lillaowow(m): 11:03pm On Dec 20, 2013
apple08: Anyone coming to Durham College this Jan? Pls holla...

Hi
Apple,
Please, do send me your email.
Wanna clarify something related to your school.
Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by apple08(m): 11:12pm On Dec 20, 2013
lillaowow:

Hi
Apple,
Please, do send me your email.
Wanna clarify something related to your school.
Thanks.

i just sent you a PM, my email add is there so just reply...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Siga: 11:48pm On Dec 20, 2013
…. Winter official starts tonight…. nice one… Lovin' it like Mcdonalds… grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by pchax: 12:40am On Dec 21, 2013
Hello People!
Been a passive observer of this thread for some months now and the comments have been a valuable source of information.
Just dropping in to say I appreciate the efforts that some people are putting in here to guide some other people.
Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 12:43am On Dec 21, 2013
good morning my people...pls which university offers postgraduate diploma in chemical engineering in Canada?

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.