Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,327 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (610126 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by NasdaQ: 3:57pm On Jan 02, 2014
Yo! Any Nlander in London,ON(fanshawe) shld pls holla. A brothers gettin bored af here mehn.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Tmish(f): 4:00pm On Jan 02, 2014
@obichijiokeobi

where do I track from? Physically at d embassy, via email or Online - thier website? Cos each time I try to track it online i.e. Temporary resident - study permit part, it says I can't track for this type of visa.

If possible, please can you send me the link to where you tracked yours from? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jan 02, 2014
Tmish: @obichijiokeobi

where do I track from? Physically at d embassy, via email or Online - thier website? Cos each time I try to track it online i.e. Temporary resident - study permit part, it says I can't track for this type of visa.

If possible, please can you send me the link to where you tracked yours from? Thanks

www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Nigeria/trackyourapplication.html

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Tmish(f): 4:26pm On Jan 02, 2014
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by eddydestiny: 5:26pm On Jan 02, 2014
@chrigo i saw your post were you wrote that you help some to apply through the online route.Please i want to ask if you add police report when you were applying for that person.please i need your response.thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 6:18pm On Jan 02, 2014
eddydestiny: @chrigo i saw your post were you wrote that you help some to apply through the online route.Please i want to ask if you add police report when you were applying for that person.please i need your response.thanks
....NO....don't bother ursef about it....its not a requirement ...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by coolsammy1(m): 6:20pm On Jan 02, 2014
ojoolajire:
okay ..I will see what I can do about that tomorrow

bros please I still haven't gotten the sample sponsorship letter. It is very urgent because I submit in a few days. I know you are busy, kindly make out time.... Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 6:22pm On Jan 02, 2014
zeefa:

Ogbeni, y can't you just read and understand the link you sent to back your argument up. I neva zd its only the people that applied for TRV . As a student, you will only be given a student visa and u cld apply for work permit visa as soon as u finished ur program in canada.

Please, go through the link again and stop given people a false hope Mr immigration expert.

If you have or know someone that has a student visa already. Why cnt you just ask them the type of visa canada gave to them as a student.

I neva zd student can't apply for a work permit, but that wld b after your study as a student in canada.

Everything is stated in their website pls
....its now obvious u don't know wat u're saying.....

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 02, 2014
coolsammy1:

bros please I still haven't gotten the sample sponsorship letter. It is very urgent because I submit in a few days. I know you are busy, kindly make out time.... Thanks

I have sent it since 2pm. kindly check your mail

or resend your email for me to confirm whether it is among the guys I sent to
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by eddydestiny: 6:28pm On Jan 02, 2014
ChriGo: ....NO....don't bother ursef about it....its not a requirement ...
THANK YOU FOR QUICK RESPONSE.PLEASE YOU MADE MENTION OF A WEB SOME ONE CAN USE TO COMPRESS HIS DOCUMENT,PLEASE CAN YOU STILL MENTION IT AGAIN.THANKS
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 02, 2014
coolsammy1:

Have sent it now. check your mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 6:44pm On Jan 02, 2014
eddydestiny: THANK YOU FOR QUICK RESPONSE.PLEASE YOU MADE MENTION OF A WEB SOME ONE CAN USE TO COMPRESS HIS DOCUMENT,PLEASE CAN YOU STILL MENTION IT AGAIN.THANKS
www.pdfcompressor.org
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by marksum: 7:00pm On Jan 02, 2014
eddydestiny: THANK YOU FOR QUICK RESPONSE.PLEASE YOU MADE MENTION OF A WEB SOME ONE CAN USE TO COMPRESS HIS DOCUMENT,PLEASE CAN YOU STILL MENTION IT AGAIN.THANKS
http://compress.smallpdf.com/
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by coolsammy1(m): 7:10pm On Jan 02, 2014
ojoolajire:

I have sent it since 2pm. kindly check your mail

or resend your email for me to confirm whether it is among the guys I sent to

ehijie7@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by MrArams: 7:34pm On Jan 02, 2014
pls I have posted here before and got no response. What stage of my MSc application should I apply for TRV or study permit ( this recent debate about trv, study permit, work permit got me confused). abeg answers this time o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tolyem(m): 8:05pm On Jan 02, 2014
ojoolajire:
okay ..I will see what I can do about that tomorrow

Congrats Ore. Just sent you a PM, kindly revert for us to relate.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kjbobo: 8:51pm On Jan 02, 2014
ebdib:

Yes I'm a pharmacist too.
Masters in Pharmacology
okay.....send me a pm......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BeulahHephziba: 9:55pm On Jan 02, 2014
@ Mr Arams, are you a learner? Just joking, anyway don't get confused.
Just apply for study permit either through paper route or online route. You don't have to apply for TRV separate, your application has covered for the two.

Once your application is successful, the CDHC will issue you TRV with a letter. This is what you will use to travel to Canada.
Then @ the port of entry (POE), present your TRV, letter from CDHC, letter of admssion(LOA) to the visa officer(VO), and in return the VO will smile & issue your Study permit. Lobatan!
Just follow Chrigo's line of argument and don't get yourself confused.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by teexzle: 10:25pm On Jan 02, 2014
sly-k:
Am waiting ernestly for my medicals now.
Submitted online Dec 26
Did biometrics Dec 30
2014 - my year of Porting......................
Hi I sent u a PM or pls send me a mail, I wanna ask u some ?s Teexzle@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by SantohFilz(m): 10:57pm On Jan 02, 2014
Hello, fellow nairalanders its been a long time. Pls I just want to ask that if there is any problem after applying for study permit for more than a month and you are yet to receive any mail from CIC concerning your application. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by greatheights: 2:44am On Jan 03, 2014
Hailing all my bosses and bosses_miss in the house.....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by snugle: 2:45am On Jan 03, 2014
SantohFilz: Hello, fellow nairalanders its been a long time. Pls I just want to ask that if there is any problem after applying for study permit for more than a month and you are yet to receive any mail from CIC concerning your application. Thanks.

No. Processing time is normally 4 - 6 months. Sometimes, even more. So you need not be worried.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by greatheights: 2:57am On Jan 03, 2014
NasdaQ: Yo! Any Nlander in London,ON(fanshawe) shld pls holla. A brothers gettin bored af here mehn.

@chrigo, any1 abeg
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by snugle: 2:58am On Jan 03, 2014
zeefa:

U guyz should understand that there are differences btw student visa and TRV visas to canada. If you have a student visa, at the point of entry in canada, you will be issued with study permit.

But in the case of TRV

Canadian Work Permits

Canada has some of the best employment opportunities of anywhere in the world. The country relies on a steady stream of immigrant workers who come both to work and to live in Canada. This beautiful country attracts many thousands of people every month due to its booming economy and welcoming attitude,

A Canada work permit is a well-known stepping stone to residency and applications for visas of this kind are designed to help Canadian employers who are finding it difficult to fill positions with Canadian permanent residents or Canadian citizens. However, we aim to ensure your Work Permit can act as a stepping stone to Citizenship.

Applying for a Canadian working permit makes provision for working in Canada without the need to undergo a points based assessment. Canadian work permits allow you to work in the country; however, they are dependent upon a job offer from a sponsoring company.

Working permits are not transferable, although you can apply for a Canadian visa for immigration of another type during your stay. Whilst in Canada, immigration status can only be altered in this way so long as your permit is still valid.

Who is Eligible? 

A Canada work permit rests upon a written job offer from an employer.

Once you have received such an offer, in most cases it is then subject to confirmation by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC) who will assess the likely impact of employing a foreign national in the position in question, to ensure that the employment is genuine and that it will not impact negatively on the domestic labour market.

HRSDC 

Once HRSDC confirms that job offers may be filled by foreign nationals, applicants may request Canadian working permits from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

Foreign workers seeking to work in Quebec will also require authorization from the Quebec immigration authorities.

Employers sponsoring a foreign national for a work visas in this way are responsible for ensuring that the candidate is in possession of the necessary permits and that they adhere to the appropriate conditions and limitations.

Further Criteria

For your case to be approved, you will have to supply evidence to the Canadian government that you are in good health and do not have any serious criminal convictions. This evidence will take the form of a medical examination and a full police report from your current country of residence. 

A Path to a New Life in Canada

Work permits are a great way of getting that all-important work experience that you need to take the next steps in becoming a citizen. Although work permits are temporary, some people see them as an ideal route to a longer-term solution. One of our clients explains how this worked for him:

“Getting my Canada work permit was the first step for me becoming a citizen. I know that this is not what Work Permits are for but after working in Canada, I completely fell in love with the country. Originally, I contacted IXP to help me find work anywhere- I was simply desperate to find new opportunities away from home country. Then an opportunity arose in Canada, although it was only temporary. I decided to take my chances and soon enough I was working just outside of Edmonton. Once my permit was almost up, I called IXP again to see what they could do for me; I wanted to stay but didn’t know if I would be able to. Thanks to my new work experience in Canada, I was allowed to apply for a longer term visa once I had secured a new job offer. It took a lot of hard work but I knew that IXP were trying their best to find work for me. They put me in touch with a local employer who was willing to sponsor me and that led to me on the path to citizenship.”

Pls ready the above to kw better

Hello Zeefa, Il advice that in subsequent post, when you are lifting other peoples write-up, please do well to reference the source of your information. Apparently, you lifted your post from different online research and pasted here with a blurred understanding of what the write-up really means.

Lets avoid misleading people. The information shared here goes a long way in assisting prospective students complete their application with minimal hassles.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by greatheights: 3:02am On Jan 03, 2014
tony2more: pls can anybody here help me on how to prepare or any guild line on how to pass IELTS?

Try https://www.notefull.com/ and dwnload their videos on each sections, wrks pretty well for TOEFL, shd do for IELTS too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 3:12am On Jan 03, 2014
greatheights:

@chrigo, any1 abeg
..... grin.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by greatheights: 3:12am On Jan 03, 2014
Siga: ... Congrats to those that are already in Canada... Lovely weather isn't it.... Make I use the weather officially welcome una ooo.... grin ... Biko no complains ooo...

@chrigo bn chilln on the *fence outsyd al nyt wt boxer and singlet, LIKE A BOSS!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by greatheights: 3:16am On Jan 03, 2014
ChriGo: ..... grin.....

Y shine teeth now, simple kwestion, u no fit answer... Abeg no do thz one for klass o. I go change mind sit bsyd nas_jay o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 3:23am On Jan 03, 2014
greatheights:

Y shine teeth now, simple kwestion, u no fit answer... Abeg no do thz one for klass o. I go change mind sit bsyd nas_jay o
....My guy, the food wey u just dey chop anyhow for Orientation still dey turn ur belle.....Better go sleep grin.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by greatheights: 3:29am On Jan 03, 2014
ChriGo: ....My guy, the food wey u just dey chop anyhow for Orientation still dey turn ur belle.....Better go sleep grin.....

Mi n T.J dy try cover yo ass, u sha won mak I talk abi, jes 1 more minute fo u to teeee! *I dy observe*
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Siga: 3:38am On Jan 03, 2014
greatheights:
@chrigo bn chilln on the *fence outsyd al nyt wt boxer and singlet, LIKE A BOSS!!!!
...for where.... unless he wan turn to Kote fish...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Kolt(m): 4:12am On Jan 03, 2014
Siga: ... Congrats to those that are already in Canada... Lovely weather isn't it.... Make I use the weather officially welcome una ooo.... grin ... Biko no complains ooo...

Lovely weather wit real feel -42. Anybody wey dey com from naija soon beta kit like persn wey dey go pluto, else na pneumonia oo abi wetin dem dey call am

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.