Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,367 members, 7,829,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (266) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (611669 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Siga: 4:15am On Jan 03, 2014
...Na so now... at a point this afternoon... it was said to be colder than the surface of planet MARS and even colder than the North Pole.... O gidi gan ni...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 5:28am On Jan 03, 2014
Siga: ...for where.... unless he wan turn to Kote fish...
...Lolzzz...You dey mind Greatheights....me wey cold dey deal with me grin.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by blink6(m): 6:41am On Jan 03, 2014
Anyone in new brunswick here? saint John to b specific.

I hail er'1.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 7:46am On Jan 03, 2014
Awwww Omo; it is not easy to catch up with this thread once you leave for a week or 2.
I done read post tire in other to catch up, hope I go read my book pass this sha.

@Mr Arams, pls am sorry your questions on Masters in info sys security has not been answered, I will try to answer them

@Miss Bon; How far na? Abegi no let things bother you so much. Just look your trv and flight schedule and smile

@My fellow Albertans in Edmonton, Calgary, lethbridge etc; I salute you all. Happy new year.

@Chrigo, how far with the weather, hope you dey fit go outside grin

@My lovely Nairaland family; Happy new year of great testimonies.

Naija sweet for Christmas period and I had a blast but it's time to say good bye and face my studies; So with mixed feelings, I am heading to the Land of - degrees next week cool

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 7:52am On Jan 03, 2014
Oshee kclexa, the wait is over grin smiley
kclexa: Awwww Omo; it is not easy to catch up with this thread once you leave for a week or 2.
I done read post tire in other to catch up, hope I go read my book pass this sha.

@Mr Arams, pls am sorry your questions on Masters in info sys security has not been answered, I will try to answer them

@Miss Bon; How far na? Abegi no let things bother you so much. Just look your trv and flight schedule and smile

@My fellow Albertans in Edmonton, Calgary, lethbridge etc; I salute you all. Happy new year.

@Chrigo, how far with the weather, hope you dey fit go outside grin

@My lovely Nairaland family; Happy new year of great testimonies.

Naija sweet for Christmas period and I had a blast but it's time to say good bye and face my studies; So with mixed feelings, I am heading to the Land of - degrees next week cool
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 7:54am On Jan 03, 2014
Lol........lambton all the way smiley
greatheights:

@chrigo, any1 abeg
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lexmikey: 8:04am On Jan 03, 2014
eddydestiny: Happy new year to all forumite.Please am little confuse,to those that apply through the online route especially Fislag,slik-g,lexmikey,just want to find out if police report is important,when applying through the online.please i need your response.thanks
yes I think,cos it is a periquisite for the paper route.what I did was to find a way to upload all available document dat will better my chances.I made the police report part of my travel documents.you can make sure they are sized by pasting them on MS word ,saving as pdf and subsequently reducing d document using Pdf aid.best of luck pon your app.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 8:14am On Jan 03, 2014
Mr.Arams:
I'm kinda new here in following this thread. Pls has anyone applied for MSc information technology security in either University of Ontario Institute of Technology or Concordia college university of Alberta ( cos those are d 2 I saw offering anything relating to comp security) on how they went about admission process and d possible challenges. pls help a bro

I am an Msc student of Concordia university college of Alberta, and my course is Information systems security management.

The admission process is pretty straight forward if you meet the standard admission requirements; it will be an added advantage if you have some computing certifications backed up with work experience.

The University is a little more expensive (currently 27k dollars) because it is a private school and not too big. But they are rated highly in information security studies.

As for your other question on trv and work permit, fear not. Get the admission first then your trv and work permit will follow.

We NLand family are very positive minded and believe in our Canadain dreams, so take it one step at a time.
Best of luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 8:19am On Jan 03, 2014
miss bon: Oshee kclexa, the wait is over grin smiley

Welcome Miss bon but hope you are on my flight as proposed grin ChriGo, close your eyes and mind to this question tongue
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 8:29am On Jan 03, 2014
LOL........ smiley
kclexa:

Welcome Miss bon but hope you are on my flight as proposed grin ChriGo, close your eyes and mind to this question tongue

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by coolsammy1(m): 9:22am On Jan 03, 2014
Hello House,

I started filling my online application but since last week anytime I try to edit the application I get the below message.

Our Online Services Are Currently Down
System-generated error code: XXXXXXXX

Sorry

This on-line service is currently not available.

Possible reasons::

We are currently updating this Web site.
We are experiencing technical difficulties.

Please try again later.

Is anybody experiencing similar or is it just me? I am even tempted to delete the current application since I have not submitted yet and start all over. I am guessing their website upgrade messed up my application..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Princessterry(f): 9:33am On Jan 03, 2014
@Marksum How far?. Please check ur mail. Tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by marksum: 10:02am On Jan 03, 2014
Princessterry: @Marksum How far?. Please check ur mail. Tnx
Am fyn nd u.I wld check it now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by UwemJimmy: 10:57am On Jan 03, 2014
Pls fellow NL, I've been instructed for meds and also to pay for a year tuition and accommodation. But the sch only offer to place me on the awaiting list regarding my accommodation.
Having paid my tuition and with this awaiting list thing, my question is: will the CDHC be satisfied that I've met their condition?
Pls help a brother!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by britiko: 11:00am On Jan 03, 2014
By fire by force storming...
Trv Loading......

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lexmikey: 11:04am On Jan 03, 2014
Turn on the hotspot sheild on ur device,or better still head to the best cafe in town and get it done in minutes,I experienced the same when I applied a month ago.
coolsammy1: Hello House,

I started filling my online application but since last week anytime I try to edit the application I get the below message.

Our Online Services Are Currently Down
System-generated error code: XXXXXXXX

Sorry

This on-line service is currently not available.

Possible reasons::

We are currently updating this Web site.
We are experiencing technical difficulties.

Please try again later.

Is anybody experiencing similar or is it just me? I am even tempted to delete the current application since I have not submitted yet and start all over. I am guessing their website upgrade messed up my application..

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by britiko: 11:05am On Jan 03, 2014
Uwem Jimmy: Pls fellow NL, I've been instructed for meds and also to pay for a year tuition and accommodation. But the sch only offer to place me on the awaiting list regarding my accommodation.
Having paid my tuition and with this awaiting list thing, my question is: will the CDHC be satisfied that I've met their condition?
Pls help a brother!

Congrats.
Yes, u r okay.
Print out ur student account info/ receipt showing the deposit and submit.alongside ur tuition receipt.
Wish u luck!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by obichijiokeobi: 11:06am On Jan 03, 2014
Please how can I get d cheapest flight to canada. Plan moving on Sunday. Just got my TRV.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by britiko: 11:07am On Jan 03, 2014
obichijiokeobi: Please how can I get d cheapest flight to canada. Plan moving on Sunday. Just got my TRV.

Congrats on ur trv.
Check www.wakanow.com
Safe trip.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by marksum: 11:12am On Jan 03, 2014
britiko: By fire by force storming...
Trv Loading......
Gud morning,ma
Can we now storm d embassy now?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by marksum: 11:21am On Jan 03, 2014
obichijiokeobi: Please how can I get d cheapest flight to canada. Plan moving on Sunday. Just got my TRV.
Congrat bro,I tap frm ur blessings..mine is next in jesus name
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by surveyor1: 11:38am On Jan 03, 2014
britiko:

Congrats on ur trv.
Check www.wakanow.com
Safe trip.
is it easy to pay through the website?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Phony200(m): 11:45am On Jan 03, 2014
marksum: Gud morning,ma

Only emails. Nobody will attend to you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by shabbey09: 11:46am On Jan 03, 2014
@ obichijiokeobi; when did you apply?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 11:54am On Jan 03, 2014
Uwem Jimmy: Pls fellow NL, I've been instructed for meds and also to pay for a year tuition and accommodation. But the sch only offer to place me on the awaiting list regarding my accommodation.
Pls help a brother!

I had a similar situation; like yours, I paid the one year tuition and was placed on the accommodation waiting list.

Just Submit the tuition official receipt, a printed copy of the email from the school indicating you are on the waiting list, then write a letter explaining the condition with obtaining accommodation with the school and how you are already making alternative arrangements to stay off campus if the need arises.

Good luck cos I did same and got my trv.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by shabbey09: 12:09pm On Jan 03, 2014
Does trv processing with work permit take longer than study permit?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by britiko: 12:14pm On Jan 03, 2014
surveyor1:
is it easy to pay through the website?
I've never paid online, after getting my flight confirmation email, I go to d airline stand @ MMIA and pay cash.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by obichijiokeobi: 12:18pm On Jan 03, 2014
Applied on d 13th August. Seems like Canada does not have a direct flight; pls advice me on what to do.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by britiko: 12:18pm On Jan 03, 2014
marksum: Gud morning,ma

Goodmorning my dear.
No, we can't.
Infact, d VO is screaming @ me politely.
Enquiry strictly by emails
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by UwemJimmy: 12:21pm On Jan 03, 2014
kclexa:

I had a similar situation; like yours, I paid the one year tuition and was placed on the accommodation waiting list.

Just Submit the tuition official receipt, a printed copy of the email from the school indicating you are on the waiting list, then write a letter explaining the condition with obtaining accommodation with the school and how you are already making alternative arrangements to stay off campus if the need arises.

Good luck cos I did same and got my trv.

Thnx so much for advice, I'll do same and hope for the best. Good luck bro!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by UwemJimmy: 12:23pm On Jan 03, 2014
britiko:

Congrats.
Yes, u r okay.
Print out ur student account info/ receipt showing the deposit and submit.alongside ur tuition receipt.
Wish u luck!

Thnx Ma, really appreciate! Good luck in your pursuit!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by britiko: 12:28pm On Jan 03, 2014
Hmmn, VO dey halla(no inperson enquiry)
Don't u know?
britiko dey smilee..
Today na today...
Trv loading...
All is well.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.