Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,444 members, 7,846,846 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:43 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (276) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (613751 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 2:38pm On Jan 06, 2014
LOL
Siga: ... Omo.. for Winnipeg... Cars were literally frozen to the ground.... as in... o gan pa sibe ni mehn...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by shabbey09: 3:06pm On Jan 06, 2014
Miss bon; how are u doing? How is ur daughter? How are u coping with settling down? Where in Canada are u?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by dannydolly: 3:20pm On Jan 06, 2014
shabbey09: Miss bon; how are u doing? How is ur daughter? How are u coping with settling down? Where in Canada are u?

Miss bon daughter?? Chrigo is reading and scrutinizing with his 3D glasses.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by dannydolly: 3:23pm On Jan 06, 2014
Siga: ....My people in the Winnipeg and around... please dress warm as u go school ooo... -46c Windchill no be child's play... and for my guys in Ontario.... he go enter -35c Windchill here later tonight.... so... no stay too long outside ooo... and be prepared for a cold one tomorrow morning... sad

This is serious.... Lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by shabbey09: 3:42pm On Jan 06, 2014
Ah sorry oh, am I mixing her with someone else?
Chrigo no vex oh!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Siga: 3:43pm On Jan 06, 2014
shabbey09: Ah sorry oh, am I mixing her with someone else?
...Ah... see this man... after Chrigogo don get heart attack finish....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 3:44pm On Jan 06, 2014
Daughter? shocked Biko I no get any pikin ooooo.doing fine and trying to settle down in Ontario
shabbey09: Miss bon; how are u doing? How is ur daughter? How are u coping with settling down? Where in Canada are u?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 3:47pm On Jan 06, 2014
....Mehn!!! you wan kill person here ni....haba!!! daughter bitibo....She no get biko grin.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 3:47pm On Jan 06, 2014
Siga: ...Ah... see this man... after Chrigogo don get heart attack finish....
... grin...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by shabbey09: 3:57pm On Jan 06, 2014
:PAbeg miss bon and chrigo make una no vex oh. I think I meant Fislag!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tony2more: 4:33pm On Jan 06, 2014
@chrigo and suveyor.......... please fellow nairalands i made payment for credentials evaluate today through WES but i didnt receive any confirmation email/message that they have receive the payment just said on their site ''approved'' please i dont know what that means and check my account in their website nothing of confirmation is there also please can somebody help me out.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lexmikey: 4:42pm On Jan 06, 2014
Bros ChriGo! I munch this ur message show my guys for warri,I almost collect slap.I had to assure them of the verasity of your infos so far, plus say na from canaan land your reply from come.I beg I go apreciate the link to futher info on this marra or beta still info from any bros wen don go thru this level..
ChriGo: ......Congrats to you bro....your girlfriend sorry wifey don hammer grin.......just like you said you can invite her to Canada on a Visiting Levels......you can go online to file her application....its as simple as that....At the Port of entry she would be given work permit for the duration of your(hubby) studies.....she gets to work and make money $$$$$ .....you can tell her to send me some bro....peace......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by bonen(f): 4:59pm On Jan 06, 2014
Hi guys does anyone know if it's possible to apply for my student visa and include my kids 12 and 14 in the application. Would love advise on how to g about it, I was advised to apply for only myself at first, but would love to o with my kids at once.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chops33(m): 5:07pm On Jan 06, 2014
Hi House,Just paid my application fee and I got a confirmation mail that my application has been received...my Question is ,do I get subsequent mail Instructing me of the appropriate documents to forward? Thanks.
Ps:I'm a graduate of Microbiology applying for BS Nursing At Brandon.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Siga: 5:13pm On Jan 06, 2014
bonen: Hi guys does anyone know if it's possible to apply for my student visa and include my kids 12 and 14 in the application. Would love advise on how to g about it, I was advised to apply for only myself at first, but would love to o with my kids at once.
.... I wont advise u put them on ur application... they are no more kids .... use them as home ties... they can come visit u during their holidays.... but then again... u never know...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by silicon: 6:37pm On Jan 06, 2014
ChriGo: ....Mehn!!! you wan kill person here ni....haba!!! daughter bitibo....She no get biko grin.....
rabbii chrigo, aw u carry know say miss bon no get a daughter.Abi are u am interested party
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by silicon: 6:40pm On Jan 06, 2014
ChriGo: ....Mehn!!! you wan kill person here ni....haba!!! daughter bitibo....She no get biko grin.....
rabbii chrigo, aw u carry know say miss bon no get a daughter.Abi are u an interested party?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by richard4ssky: 7:31pm On Jan 06, 2014
I ask question una no they answer me that not good na....please can anyone help me with the last of the cheapest college in canada so I can apply for a PD program like 6k dolla in international business
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 06, 2014
silicon: rabbii chrigo, aw u carry know say miss bon no get a daughter.Abi are u an interested party?

Where you dey since? grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Huzzie: 8:30pm On Jan 06, 2014
richard4ssky: I ask question una no they answer me that not good na....please can anyone help me with the last of the cheapest college in canada so I can apply for a PD program like 6k dolla in international business
i dont av a list of cheap colleges but with that amount forget it....lambton is the cheapest so far for that course(business management) that i know and its about 5k/semester for 4semesters(20k) with co-op.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chops33(m): 8:36pm On Jan 06, 2014
chops33: Hi House,Just paid my application fee and I got a confirmation mail that my application has been received...my Question is ,do I get subsequent mail Instructing me of the appropriate documents to forward? Thanks.
Ps:I'm a graduate of Microbiology applying for BS Nursing At Brandon.
Make una ma answer my own question biko!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by canrelocate: 8:57pm On Jan 06, 2014
chops33:
Make una ma answer my own question biko!

You'll definitely need to provide your transcript at some point during the admission process since you've indicated that you've already completed a degree before. You'll definitely need results of your WAEC too (or scratch card info for result verification).

I know of a student that just resumed at Brandon for the Nursing program this January 6th. You can PM me, I'll see if I can designate someone to follow up on your behalf provided you are willing to grant permission for that.

CanRelocate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by canrelocate: 9:15pm On Jan 06, 2014
toucheli: Please I need some help from you all, I intend applying for a canadian student visa to resume by May(Undergraduate), I'm been sponsored and supported by my dad financially. But he left me to do everything my self, I'm pretty young and I'm not familiar with the whole process.
I've been able to get the following documents:
-Secondary school certificate/Results
-Transcript
-International Passport
-Letter of acceptance (Paid the tuition already)
-Police Report
-Attestation of birth from NPC.
Hence, I'm a lot confused about the financial and funding documents I am to provide, my sponsor is willing to provide them but he also doesn't know anything about them. Please I need your help, God bless you all.

You've taken a good step in a seemingly right-direction to seek for help, so I think you'll be fine eventually, you just need to be able to filter factual information when digging through the tonnes of information available out there. My recommendation for you though would be to read the guide provided on the CIC website for International student application to study in Canada (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5269ETOC.asp); subsequently, you can read through some of post as advised by @HZWriter to relate some narrations of real-life experiences with what the rules/guide says. Then ask as many questions as you can - don't ever be shy to ask about what you don't know or are not sure about.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by canrelocate: 9:29pm On Jan 06, 2014
FISLAG:

I don't think so oh! I think it is needed oh, or can you shed more light, I got on when I applied online oh, and I don't agree that online require less documents. I think he should include everything you can include so long you can resize your documents to 4mb, I applied in a hurry the first time and I got a refusal in 3 weeks and I repackaged my applications again including other documents I dint submit the first time got my TRV in 6 weeks. Better to be safe!

I'll like to clarify a few things about the online/offline application options. Please note that the requirements are exactly the same irrespective of whether you apply online or submit your application through the VFS. The real advantage in applying online is the faster response because all online applications are placed in a virtual pool wherein any visa officer from any of the qualifying Canadian (Deputy) High Commissions world-wide can take pick up a pending application and attend to it. Hence, the response time for your application is not based on the queue at the local Commission (in this case, Anifowose office).

The online application too might have it's downside as some of those visa officers are not familiar with some peculiarities to certain societal norms, and I've seen that work against an application before.

That being said, my recommendation would be:

1. If you are submitting an 'ideal' application, you can go for the online option and be sure to provide all the required documents when submitting your application.
2. If your application is less than 'ideal', your better option might still be through the local office.

CanRelocate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by canrelocate: 9:40pm On Jan 06, 2014
tony2more: please fellow nairalands i made payment for credentials evaluate today through WES but i didnt receive any confirmation email/message that they have receive the payment just said on their site ''approved'' please i dont know what that means and check my account in their website nothing of confirmation is there also please can somebody help me out.

WES credential evaluation typically takes 7days, you can call them or send them an email if yours is taking much longer.
While waiting for the WES outcome, you can prepare and book to write the IELTS exam (that is also a requirement). When you have all those resolved, you can get all the supporting documents as listed in the Document Checklist, packakge your application and submit to the central intake office in Canada (NOT your serving visa office, i.e. NOT GHANA).

CanRelocate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chops33(m): 9:42pm On Jan 06, 2014
canrelocate:

You'll definitely need to provide your transcript at some point during the admission process since you've indicated that you've already completed a degree before. You'll definitely need results of your WAEC too (or scratch card info for result verification).

I know of a student that just resumed at Brandon for the Nursing program this January 6th. You can PM me, I'll see if I can designate someone to follow up on your behalf provided you are willing to grant permission for that.

CanRelocate.
Permission granted...pls Help a brother out.....thanks..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BeulahHephziba: 9:46pm On Jan 06, 2014
bonen: Hi guys does
anyone know if it's possible to apply for my student visa and include my
kids 12 and 14 in the application. Would love advise on how to g about
it, I was advised to apply for only myself at first, but would love to o
with my kids at once.

Siga: .... I wont advise u put them on ur application...
they are no more kids .... use them as home ties... they can come visit
u during their holidays.... but then again... u never
know...

Well, no offence to Oga Siga, but my advice and personal opinions will work against him. Bonen, I will give you my piece of advice first as an
experienced mother, and second as a teacher.

First, any child under 18 should be under the care and nurture of their parent(s) especially their mother. There is a recitation we used to say
regularly, it says "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old (after the formative years) he will not depart from it." Note
that, children are the heritage of the Lord and parents are responsible for their nurturing. You have children aged 12 and 14, without mincing
words they are children and they should be under your care. Do not use under 18 children as home ties. There are so many things that can be
used as home ties, I consider children as not one of them (Strictly speaking); the Visa officers are sensible people (pragmatic) in as much
as you have enough and sufficient funds to take care of them.

As a mother, I will never bear the thought of using my children as home ties in order to obtain a study permit. To do this, is NOT noble and
divine. Our parents taught us that two things are important in life, and anything against such is PURE VANITY; they are your relationship with
God and with People. And this brings me to the fact that, I can not exchange or deprive or tamper with the relationship I cherish so much
with my children. NOT even the Visa Officer can tamper with that, so it's a done deal!

Second, as a teacher, we do not advice parents to leave their under aged children to the care of people provided the parents especially the
mother can do it herself for obvious reasons. NOBODY can do it better than a RESPONSIBLE MOTHER; that's our slogan for parents when they come for "Open Day" of their children and wards.

You asked "How do I go about it ?". First, I am happy to tell you that in 2013 there was a news release on "Family Unification" on CIC
bulletin; it means Canada's commitment to loved ones being nearby as you pursue your dreams of obtaining a Canadian education. Two options were proposed; you can apply together provided you have enough and sufficient funds, or they can join you later. With this in mind, you have nothing to fear, just ask God to guide you with His counsel and provide you with enough cool cash.

If you want to apply with them via paper route, they will apply for open study permit, no need to have Letter of Acceptance, but for online
application, your checklist will request for Letter of Acceptance. What you do is this; you will contact the school board having jurisdiction
over the school where a minor child will attend.
From my experience, under the province of Saskatchewan, I contacted Regina School board, I was given a contact, and I was asked to provide necessary documents and pay application fee of $250, for the Acceptance Letter. No payment of tuition, is free. When you get to Canada you may decide to change their school if you so desire, that can be changed.

And second, speaking of how do I go about it, you need lots of prayers for your visa applications to find peace and favour with the Visa
Officer cuz these things which are impossible with men are possible with GOD. And on this note, I leave you with the anointing of the finishers.

Cheers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Fhemmmy: 9:49pm On Jan 06, 2014
^^^ That is not totally true, Sir . . I will advice that the person in question follow Siga's advice
One of the easy way to disqualifies someone is the home tie, and you as a mother going to school not that she is moving permanently, at least she is yet to tell the embassy that she is moving . . . Nothing wrong in including the kids, but it means:
1. She has to show much more money to be able to care for herself and those kids while she is here in Canada
2. How will she have time to not neglect minor
3. What made the VO to think she will go back to Nigeria . . .

So again, i think Chairman Siga's advice is better to be followed and later, she could do all she has to do to bring them over, she is not telling them that she has no kids, they will be aware that she has kids and the unification you talking about is not what she is going thru.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BeulahHephziba: 9:59pm On Jan 06, 2014
canrelocate:

I'll like to clarify a few things about the online/offline application options. Please note that the requirements are exactly the same irrespective of whether you apply online or submit your application through the VFS. The real advantage in applying online is the faster response because all online applications are placed in a virtual pool wherein any visa officer from any of the qualifying Canadian (Deputy) High Commissions world-wide can take pick up a pending application and attend to it. Hence, the response time for your application is not based on the queue at the local Commission (in this case, Anifowose office).

The online application too might have it's downside as some of those visa officers are not familiar with some peculiarities to certain societal norms, and I've seen that work against an application before.

That being said, my recommendation would be:

1. If you are submitting an 'ideal' application, you can go for the online option and be sure to provide all the required documents when submitting your application.
2. If your application is less than 'ideal', your better option might still be through the local office.

CanRelocate.

I will lke to know what is ideal and not ideal, take it from simple to complex and from known to unknown so that your recommendations will be ideal. cheers

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BeulahHephziba: 10:10pm On Jan 06, 2014
Fhemmmy: ^^^ That is not totally true, Sir . . I will advice that the person in question follow Siga's advice
One of the easy way to disqualifies someone is the home tie, and you as a mother going to school not that she is moving permanently, at least she is yet to tell the embassy that she is moving . . . Nothing wrong in including the kids, but it means:
1. She has to show much more money to be able to care for herself and those kids while she is here in Canada
2. How will she have time to not neglect minor
3. What made the VO to think she will go back to Nigeria . . .

So again, i think Chairman Siga's advice is better to be followed and later, she could do all she has to do to bring them over, she is not telling them that she has no kids, they will be aware that she has kids and the unification you talking about is not what she is going thru.

I am a lady Oga Fhemmmy. I will like you to read Bonne, Oga Siga and mine post without sentiment and compare notes with yours. I do not dispute with Oga siga, I only disagree based on experience, this advice might not be ideal for everyone, but as a mother with cool cash and God on my side I will not use my children as home ties come what may. I value children than study permit. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Fhemmmy: 10:13pm On Jan 06, 2014
Beulah Hephziba:

I am a lady Oga Fhemmmy. I will like you to read Bonne, Oga Siga and mine post without sentiment and compare notes with yours. I do not dispute with Oga siga, I only disagree based on experience, this advice might not be ideal for everyone, but as a mother with cool cash and God on my side I will not use my children as home ties come what may. I value children than study permit. Thanks

You have just answered 2 of the most crucial 3 questions i posted to you, cos it means you have enough money to take care of you and that of those kids while in Canada, might even get a hand to just look after the kids, with only 1500$ you could get a Nanny to take care of the kids for you and since you don add God's name join, you are surely on the best side . . . Good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 06, 2014
Beulah Hephziba:

Everybody aint like you..

No one says you'd be dumping your children nah.

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.