Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,372 members, 7,829,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (278) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (611671 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by blink6(m): 11:03am On Jan 07, 2014
Princessterry: Glory to God. I got my TRV yesterday. I submitted on oct 3,paper route. Medicals 13th of December and finally TRV 6th of Jan.
To all medicals and TRV hopefuls, God will do it as He has done mine in Jesus name (AMEN)
congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lexmikey: 11:16am On Jan 07, 2014
Nicely said,madam Beulah ,it is ok to be emotional about certain decisions,but atimes that could be like shooting yourself in the foot.I read an intresting reply chrigo gave a newly wedded man looking to invite his spouse to canada and the possibility of this,totally butresses your point on the importance this developed countries place on the unification of families and with that in mind you need not worry much about leaving them for a few months, especially if this could alley VO's worries as to your return back to naija and better your chances at the Trv.A little sacrifices atimes is what is needed to achieve our dreams.Although my parents never left for Canada, they were not exactly at home till 5-6pm or in town all together and were probably too tired when they returned,but all six of us siblings turned out fine,earning degrees in four major disciplines in the country today ,but ofcourse with the help of God.Trust me when I tell you this,we would have been better if our mum had dashed out briefly to canada and made us join her in time.I for one would have stuck to my childhood dreams of being a world renowned architect and not just an architect from nigerias best school of architecture looking to bridge the gap by opting for a project managment course.what I am sayin is your children would eventually thank you if you don't jumble their chances of relocating without suspicions.
halle2:
It is very obvious that you are very passionate about your kids, everyone is. I am a mother of three kids,but let us put sentiments aside. These guys are right,applying with these kids would need a very strong SOA to show that she can cater for the kids and also afford a nanny,cos Canada I believe is like AMerica,and because she would be attending lectures,who would look after them while she is in school? Remember she isn't expected to leave them all by themselves at this age. Secondly, they would serve as home ties. After six months she can still invite them for hols and from there change their status,they start schooling there.
We are looking at best chances of getting the trv, as for me, as much as I love my kids,my eye is on the prize.Once I apply alone and get my trv, then getting the kids over to join me is piece of cake,it would only be a matter of six months.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by shenanigans: 12:02pm On Jan 07, 2014
Princessterry: Glory to God. I got my TRV yesterday. I submitted on oct 3,paper route. Medicals 13th of December and finally TRV 6th of Jan.
To all medicals and TRV hopefuls, God will do it as He has done mine in Jesus name (AMEN)

Amen o! Congratulations. A quick Q! Did u pay full tuition or one semester?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Huzzie: 12:28pm On Jan 07, 2014
Congrats dearie....where are u heading to? What level and Course? And list of docx submitted for reference purpose
shenanigans: Hello nairalanders.. I applied for my student visa Sept 4. Did my medicals. Nov 25th. After which I missed a call from the consulate on 30th of Dec. Since then I've been trying to reach them to no avail. What may be wrong with my application. Very concerned cos my school resumed on the 6th.
One can't say the reason for the call; in d past those that got call from DHCC, were instructed to either bring tuition receipt or make tuition payment. Have u made full tuition? Or were u instructed to make payment?. God is at work.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by bumdish: 12:43pm On Jan 07, 2014
Information for students who intend to have their spouses join them in Canada

There are generally two options:
A. Spouse can come in as a visitor and then apply upon arrival in Canada to stay till the expiration of the student's own stay permit
B. Spouse can apply for spousal open work permit visa from Nigeria

Go for B

Documents submitted
-------------
Student
Support Letter for spouse
Copy of passport data page
Proof of student status: Program confirmation letter,Transcript, copy of study permit etc
Bank account statement
Residential Tenancy Agreement
Other docs to show tie to Naija (Investment etc)

Spouse
Application forms
Cover letter
Processing fee
Birth certificate
Certificates, Qualifications, CV etc
Marriage Certificates and family Pictures
Police certificate
Bank account Statement
Investment doc

If you have Kids
Child Custody Consent letter, TRV application form for minors, Birth certificate etc

Hope one or two people will find this useful, cheers!

Useful link: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/visas/54_1.aspx?lang=eng

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lymelyte(m): 1:02pm On Jan 07, 2014

CONGRAT PRINCESSTERRY.. The God that did it for you will eventually do it for us..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by MisSim: 1:15pm On Jan 07, 2014
Hello my family friend just received this message today. Your processed passport is ready for collection Lagos, on 07/01/2014 at the Canada Visa Application. Is it what i think it is? TRV.. trying to calm her down. Apparently she had applied for a TRV Work permit, 24 july, medicals: 28 november, interview 12 december 2013.. @ all what do you think?? trying to calm her nerves. She has plans to head to Alberta

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chops33(m): 1:42pm On Jan 07, 2014
blink6:
I had to mail them(brandon) regarding this ish. I intend applying this week, but I am confused...because their app fee is not refundable and I am gonna use a Gce result (no transcript) . I am going for an undergraduate degree btw.

I am still waiting on them for reply. so, if anyone here knows the answer, abeg answer.
How much was it u paid(in naira)?
It was N20,021.97
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Huzzie: 1:43pm On Jan 07, 2014
Mis Sim: Hello my family friend just received this message today. Your processed passport is ready for collection Lagos, on 07/01/2014 at the Canada Visa Application. Is it what i think it is? TRV.. trying to calm her down. Apparently she had applied for a TRV Work permit, 24 july, medicals: 28 november, interview 12 december 2013.. @ all what do you think?? trying to calm her nerves. She has plans to head to Alberta
If she stays in lagos,it is advisable she heads to vfs now 4 her package rather than wait for the interpretation of the message...all the best.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by MisSim: 1:51pm On Jan 07, 2014
Huzzie:
If she stays in lagos,it is advisable she heads to vfs now 4 her package rather than wait for the interpretation of the message...all the best.

she aint in lag, but in Kaduna. She is heading to lag soon
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by shabbey09: 1:55pm On Jan 07, 2014
@missim, is she going to study? I applied july 22nd and haven't been called for medicals yet. Although I'm waiting for a trv to get a work permit. Plus it seems everyone here is going to study so I haven't been able to get good answers or pple with similar experience. Is she going to study?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by marksum: 1:56pm On Jan 07, 2014
Congrat dear.I tap frm ur blessings,This week is my week, I wld get my Trv.in jesus name.Amen

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Huzzie: 2:05pm On Jan 07, 2014
Mis Sim:

she aint in lag, but in Kaduna. She is heading to lag soon
Ohhhh, I see...jst tell her to calm her nerve down; d decision has bn made already, she just av 2 b +ve wiv her thought 2 ease d tension...I very much understand. Best of luck to all awaitees.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by shenanigans: 2:11pm On Jan 07, 2014
Huzzie:
Congrats dearie....where are u heading to? What level and Course? And list of docx submitted for reference purpose

One can't say the reason for the call; in d past those that got call from DHCC, were instructed to either bring tuition receipt or make tuition payment. Have u made full tuition? Or were u instructed to make payment?. God is at work.

I've paid just one semester. I have even done my medicals. The thing dey confuse me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by conyema12(m): 2:14pm On Jan 07, 2014
hi guys.

Good day. I am new here. I must appreciate amount of help being rendered in this forum
Please I would love to have a list of schools that can offer Msc in geoscience.
My Bsc is 3.48/5.0
My Msc is 4.75/5.0

I came across univ of alberter but they require 2.1
while university of calgary has a very high toefl requirement of 91 while mine is 88.

if I can get a list of some reputable schools or even a link to them. I will be very grateful.

thank you .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by MisSim: 2:15pm On Jan 07, 2014
shabbey09: @missim, is she going to study? I applied july 22nd and haven't been called for medicals yet. Although I'm waiting for a trv to get a work permit. Plus it seems everyone here is going to study so I haven't been able to get good answers or pple with similar experience. Is she going to study?

She is going to there to work.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by blink6(m): 2:25pm On Jan 07, 2014
chops33:
It was N20,021.97
seriously?
1c$ is equal to how much Naira then?

Google converter said it N149.7

Abi app fee no be $127?
thanks. you got a mail btw.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ahmakar(f): 2:30pm On Jan 07, 2014
hello! good job to the folks that started this tread, God bless you all. now new student needs all y"all assistant. i want to apply for an mba program and i had Vancouver island university in mind but after reading a few comments about the uni and how your visa app might be rejected cus of them i decided to open up my options. please i need assistance and i dont need something too expensive around same price range
- i need to study and work and i also read about people complaining that you cant do an mba and part time job at same time, so now im torn. considering an msc in international business management now.
- im a graduate of economics with a 2:2. what are my chances and what school do you guys advice. i need a good school with ratings.
lastly im trying desperately to avoid writing gmat, can stand TOEFL but please no gmat please!!
REPLY ASAP. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by shabbey09: 2:30pm On Jan 07, 2014
SoRry misSim, was it paper route or online?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by HZwriters: 2:47pm On Jan 07, 2014
conyema12: hi guys.

Good day. I am new here. I must appreciate amount of help being rendered in this forum
Please I would love to have a list of schools that can offer Msc in geoscience.
My Bsc is 3.48/5.0
My Msc is 4.75/5.0

I came across univ of alberter but they require 2.1
while university of calgary has a very high toefl requirement of 91 while mine is 88.

if I can get a list of some reputable schools or even a link to them. I will be very grateful.

thank you .

Hello, welcome.

Below is a link to lists of universities and colleges as approved by the Canadian embassy
www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp#alberta
I will advise you apply to more than one school to increase your chances.

Best Wishes.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chops33(m): 2:47pm On Jan 07, 2014
blink6:
seriously?
1c$ is equal to how much Naira then?

Google converter said it N149.7

Abi app fee no be $127?
thanks. you got a mail btw.
Haven't got any mail from them...still waiting...which email did u forward ur questions to at brandon?? App fee is $129..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by MisSim: 2:49pm On Jan 07, 2014
shabbey09: SoRry misSim, was it paper route or online?

tru paper

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by blink6(m): 3:16pm On Jan 07, 2014
chops33:
Haven't got any mail from them...still waiting...which email did u forward ur questions to at brandon?? App fee is $129..
admissions@brandonu.ca

so, 1c$= N155.20 ?

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by blink6(m): 3:28pm On Jan 07, 2014
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by blink6(m): 3:29pm On Jan 07, 2014
guys, am I gonna be asked for extra docs(transcripts) cos am applying with my Gce waec result?

skool is; brandonU.
level; UG

thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by HZwriters: 3:30pm On Jan 07, 2014
ahmakar: hello! good job to the folks that started this tread, God bless you all. now new student needs all y"all assistant. i want to apply for an mba program and i had Vancouver island university in mind but after reading a few comments about the uni and how your visa app might be rejected cus of them i decided to open up my options. please i need assistance and i dont need something too expensive around same price range
- i need to study and work and i also read about people complaining that you cant do an mba and part time job at same time, so now im torn. considering an msc in international business management now.
- im a graduate of economics with a 2:2. what are my chances and what school do you guys advice. i need a good school with ratings.
lastly im trying desperately to avoid writing gmat, can stand TOEFL but please no gmat please!!
REPLY ASAP. thanks
Hi,
-most visa rejections are based on several factors like home ties, finances etc. I haven't heard that one was rejected based on d choice of a university provided that the university is recognised by the embassy. Vancouver Island University is recognised by the embassy, your work should be packaging your visa application nd leaving the rest to God.
- you can study and work as a student although there are limits to that. visit
the embassy website for more
- with a 2.2 your chances are increased if you apply to a college for post graduate diploma(pgd) in inlt. biz. mgt. Check Humber college, Centennial college, lambtom college etc. after d pgd you can then apply for msc depending on ur performance. For msc in a university your chances are not that high with 2.2, though you can still try that out. Check memorial university of newfoundland. Also,Check this link www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp#alberta. Some schools require TOEFL while some waive that for Nigeria graduate, go thru their web page or email the school via their international office.

-finally,I will advise you make out time and read thru the pages of this thread.
Best Wishes.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ahmakar(f): 3:57pm On Jan 07, 2014
HZwriters:
Hi,
-most visa rejections are based on several factors like home ties, finances etc. I haven't heard that one was rejected based on d choice of a university provided that the university is recognised by the embassy. Vancouver Island University is recognised by the embassy, your work should be packaging your visa application nd leaving the rest to God.
- you can study and work as a student although there are limits to that. visit
the embassy website for more
- with a 2.2 your chances are increased if you apply to a college for post graduate diploma(pgd) in inlt. biz. mgt. Check Humber college, Centennial college, lambtom college etc. after d pgd you can then apply for msc depending on ur performance. For msc in a university your chances are not that high with 2.2, though you can still try that out. Check memorial university of newfoundland. Also,Check this link www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp#alberta. Some schools require TOEFL while some waive that for Nigeria graduate, go thru their web page or email the school via their international office.

-finally,I will advise you make out time and read thru the pages of this thread.
Best Wishes.

thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by conyema12(m): 4:09pm On Jan 07, 2014
HZwriters:

Hello, welcome.

Below is a link to lists of universities and colleges as approved by the Canadian embassy
www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp#alberta
I will advise you apply to more than one school to increase your chances.

Best Wishes.

thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by jredlom(m): 4:43pm On Jan 07, 2014
Please I am a 21 years old student under six months course and a self employed owning an internet cafe,am single and want to visit Canada for tourism purpose for 14 days,I will be sponsoring my self with my personal bank statement which has about $4,000 and will provide the embassy with Introduction Letter from my School confirming my enrollment and leave of absence,School fees receipt,my Tax Returns,Tenancy Agreement,Business Registration forms from the Registrar General Department,Itinerary and Hotel Reservation.I please want to know if my document are okay and what is my chance of getting the Visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Princessterry(f): 4:50pm On Jan 07, 2014
shenanigans:

Amen o! Congratulations. A quick Q! Did u pay full tuition or one semester?

thanks. I didnt pay full tuition or part. I just applied
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Princessterry(f): 4:56pm On Jan 07, 2014
[quote author=Huzzie]
Congrats dearie....where are u heading to? What level and Course? And list of docx submitted for reference purpose]
Thanks. Manitoba, for Masters.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Fhemmmy: 4:59pm On Jan 07, 2014
jredlom: Please I am a 21 years old student under six months course and a self employed owning an internet cafe,am single and want to visit Canada for tourism purpose for 14 days,I will be sponsoring my self with my personal bank statement which has about $4,000 and will provide the embassy with Introduction Letter from my School confirming my enrollment and leave of absence,School fees receipt,my Tax Returns,Tenancy Agreement,Business Registration forms from the Registrar General Department,Itinerary and Hotel Reservation.I please want to know if my document are okay and what is my chance of getting the Visa.

Your documents are OK, but here are some of the questions i would ask you as a VO:
1. After spending the 4000$ you currently have on going to Canada, how do you recoup?
2. What is the inflow/outflow of money into ur acc
3. Have you ever been to anywhere else before or your passport if a virgin?
4. What really interest you about Canada cos out of your 4000$, almost 1500$ will go on just your flight.
5. While you are away, what happens to your business?
I will advice you look into travel insurance as well and if you are able to look into some of this questions, you might stand a great chance.

Note: i am not a VO but just my own 2 cents

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.