Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,306 members, 7,829,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (611654 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BeulahHephziba: 10:28pm On Jan 06, 2014
Amefrica:

Everybody aint like you..

No one says you'd be dumping your children nah.

Amefrica,
I can not remember I said dumping, but I did say "this might not be an ideal situation for everyone". I am a mother, not a father. Mothers don't leave their children, that's the Law of my mother, and strictly speaking I can not forsake the "Law of my Mother" for Canada and/or study permit. I am only desperate for relationships with God and men, not visas. Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Siga: 10:29pm On Jan 06, 2014
Beulah Hephziba:

I am a lady Oga Fhemmmy. I will like you to read Bonne, Oga Siga and mine post without sentiment and compare notes with yours. I do not dispute with Oga siga, I only disagree based on experience, this advice might not be ideal for everyone, but as a mother with cool cash and God on my side I will not use my children as home ties come what may. I value children than study permit. Thanks
....Madam... I understand what u are saying, but let me tell u this.... even if u have $1b in ur acct.... moving to Canada with teenagers will raise massive alarm.... if they are babies or toddlers... it would be different.... now... since Madam is married.... her husband can take care of the kids while she goes on her studies.... once she gets here... she can work on bringing the kids in on vacation.... I have not one or two people here that did same thing.... one lady dey U of Ottawa as we speak and her family will be joining her pretty soon.... I am sure u don hear the song.... "Everything na Packaging"... lets be logical ... na God dey handle everything ultimately... and the decision is the applicants anywaz...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by halle2: 10:40pm On Jan 06, 2014
Beulah Hephziba:

I am a lady Oga Fhemmmy. I will like you to read Bonne, Oga Siga and mine post without sentiment and compare notes with yours. I do not dispute with Oga siga, I only disagree based on experience, this advice might not be ideal for everyone, but as a mother with cool cash and God on my side I will not use my children as home ties come what may. I value children than study permit. Thanks
It is very obvious that you are very passionate about your kids, everyone is. I am a mother of three kids,but let us put sentiments aside. These guys are right,applying with these kids would need a very strong SOA to show that she can cater for the kids and also afford a nanny,cos Canada I believe is like AMerica,and because she would be attending lectures,who would look after them while she is in school? Remember she isn't expected to leave them all by themselves at this age. Secondly, they would serve as home ties. After six months she can still invite them for hols and from there change their status,they start schooling there.
We are looking at best chances of getting the trv, as for me, as much as I love my kids,my eye is on the prize.Once I apply alone and get my trv, then getting the kids over to join me is piece of cake,it would only be a matter of six months.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BeulahHephziba: 10:57pm On Jan 06, 2014
Siga: ....Madam... I understand what u are saying, but let me tell u this.... even if u have $1b in ur acct.... moving to Canada with teenagers will raise massive alarm.... if they are babies or toddlers... it would be different.... now... since Madam is married.... her husband can take care of the kids while she goes on her studies.... once she gets here... she can work on bringing the kids in on vacation.... I have not one or two people here that did same thing.... one lady dey U of Ottawa as we speak and her family will be joining her pretty soon.... I am sure u don hear the song.... "Everything na Packaging"... lets be logical ... na God dey handle everything ultimately... and the decision is the applicants anywaz...

Yea you are right to a part Oga Siga when the odds overturn the natural, I do what people consider as impossible, as odds. I don't consider difficulties, or ideals. We will see you around, cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Huzzie: 10:58pm On Jan 06, 2014
chops33:
Make una ma answer my own question biko!
Your dept requirements n school requirements must be met...I would suggest you go through it again if you have done so previously.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BeulahHephziba: 11:00pm On Jan 06, 2014
halle2:
It is very obvious that you are very passionate about your kids, everyone is. I am a mother of three kids,but let us put sentiments aside. These guys are right,applying with these kids would need a very strong SOA to show that she can cater for the kids and also afford a nanny,cos Canada I believe is like AMerica,and because she would be attending lectures,who would look after them while she is in school? Remember she isn't expected to leave them all by themselves at this age. Secondly, they would serve as home ties. After six months she can still invite them for hols and from there change their status,they start schooling there.
We are looking at best chances of getting the trv, as for me, as much as I love my kids,my eye is on the prize.Once I apply alone and get my trv, then getting the kids over to join me is piece of cake,it would only be a matter of six months.

Hmm...you are right but not for me, cuz I can not bear the thought of a day, much more six months. Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Siga: 11:02pm On Jan 06, 2014
Beulah Hephziba:

Yea you are right to a part Oga when the odds overturn the natural, I do what people consider as impossible, as odds. I don't consider difficulties, or ideals. We will see you around, cheers
.... Don't worry.... once u land Canada... I will ensure the Canadian Govt enlist u into the military.... grin ... Let's see if u go take ur kids to Afghan...

But seriously... if she can't stand the chance of leaving the kids with their father... then I guess she can try her luck or better still stay back and take care of the kids till they are in the University...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BeulahHephziba: 11:06pm On Jan 06, 2014
Siga: .... Don't worry.... once u land Canada... I will ensure the Canadian Govt enlist u into the military.... grin ... Let's see if u go take ur kids to Afghan...

All the way Oga Siga, until they are 18. I never consider military but Afghan is a good one.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Chatters(f): 11:44pm On Jan 06, 2014
Beulah Hephziba:

All the way Oga Siga, until they are 18. I never consider millitary but Afghan is a good one.

Madame, you have mail.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BeulahHephziba: 12:30am On Jan 07, 2014
Chatters:

Madame, you have mail.

Sorry chatters, I was kinda settling in for the night, 'Have replied, and I am still online, working...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Chatters(f): 12:39am On Jan 07, 2014
Beulah Hephziba:

Sorry chatters, I was kinda settling in for the night, 'Have replied, and I am still online, working...

I have replied. Thanks again
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 12:40am On Jan 07, 2014
The day I dreaded has finally come; So na natural freezer man pay big money to enter today Well sha nothing spoil.

Anybody taking the KLM flight today the 7th should pm me lets hook up and enter this freezer together.

I ready wear 3 jeans and 3 cardigans plus winter jacket cool

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by toucheli(m): 12:50am On Jan 07, 2014
Beulah Hephziba:

Well, no offence to Oga Siga, but my advice and personal opinions will
work against him. Bonen, I will give you my piece of advice first as an
experienced mother, and second as a teacher.

First, any child under 18 should be under the care and nurture of their
parent(s) especially their mother. There is a recitation we used to say
regularly, it says "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when
he is old (after the formative years) he will not depart from it." Note
that, children are the heritage of the Lord and parents are responsible
for their nurturing. You have children aged 12 and 14, without mincing
words they are children and they should be under your care. Do not use
under 18 children as home ties. There are so many things that can be
used as home ties, I consider children as not one of them (Strictly
speaking); the Visa officers are sensible people (pragmatic) in as much
as you have enough and sufficient funds to take care of them.

As a mother, I will never bear the thought of using my children as home
ties in order to obtain a study permit. To do this, is NOT noble and
divine. Our parents taught us that two things are important in life, and
anything against such is PURE VANITY; they are your relationship with
God and with People. And this brings me to the fact that, I can not
exchange or deprive or tamper with the relationship I cherish so much
with my children. NOT even the Visa Officer can tamper with that, so
it's a done deal!

Second, as a teacher, we do not advice parents to leave their under aged
children to the care of people provided the parents especially the
mother can do it herself for obvious reasons. NOBODY can do it better
than a RESPONSIBLE MOTHER; that's our slogan for parents when they come
for "Open Day" of their children and wards.

You asked "How do I go about it ?". First, I am happy to tell you that
in 2013 there was a news release on "Family Unification" on CIC
bulletin; it means Canada's commitment to loved ones being nearby as you
pursue your dreams of obtaining a Canadian education. Two options were
proposed; you can apply together provided you have enough and sufficient
funds, or they can join you later. With this in mind, you have nothing
to fear, just ask God to guide you with His counsel and provide you with
enough cool cash.

If you want to apply with them via paper route, they will apply for open
study permit, no need to have Letter of Acceptance, but for online
application, your checklist will request for Letter of Acceptance. What
you do is this; you will contact the school board having jurisdiction
over the school where a minor child will attend. From my experience,
under the province of Saskatchewan, I contacted Regina School board, I
was given a contact, and I was asked to provide necessary documents and
pay application fee of $250, for the Acceptance Letter. No payment of
tuition, is free. When you get to Canada you may decide to change their
school if you so desire, that can be changed.
And second, speaking of how do I go about it, you need lots of prayers
for your visa applications to find peace and favour with the Visa
Officer cuz these things which are impossible with men are possible with
GOD. And on this note, I leave you with the anointing of the finishers.

Cheers
God bless you, you said it all, like a dictionary telling the meaning of a word
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BeulahHephziba: 1:08am On Jan 07, 2014
Chatters:

I have replied. Thanks again

Sorry again chatters, and thank you for the mail. I am on it right now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BeulahHephziba: 1:09am On Jan 07, 2014
toucheli:
God bless you, you said it all, like a dictionary telling the meaning of a word

Thank you Toucheli and God bless you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BeulahHephziba: 2:21am On Jan 07, 2014
@ Chatters, I sent you a mail. Goodnight.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by richard4ssky: 3:42am On Jan 07, 2014
Huzzie:
i dont av a list of cheap colleges but with that amount forget it....lambton is the cheapest so far for that course(business management) that i know and its about 5k/semester for 4semesters(20k) with co-op.
My dear I don't mean master program I mean post graduate diploma PD and is for 8month or at most 1 year........ Please ur answer is needed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by toucheli(m): 5:34am On Jan 07, 2014
canrelocate:

You've taken a good step in a seemingly right-direction to seek for help, so I think you'll be fine eventually, you just need to be able to filter factual information when digging through the tonnes of information available out there. My recommendation for you though would be to read the guide provided on the CIC website for International student application to study in Canada (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5269ETOC.asp); subsequently, you can read through some of post as advised by @HZWriter to relate some narrations of real-life experiences with what the rules/guide says. Then ask as many questions as you can - don't ever be shy to ask about what you don't know or are not sure about.
thanks alot for your kind response, i was able to get some other documents, i still need to get 1 more, hopefully and by the grace of God, before the weekend i'lld have submited my application online.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by earthgreeners(m): 5:38am On Jan 07, 2014
Actually, Manitoba is colder than planet Mars.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Huzzie: 5:40am On Jan 07, 2014
richard4ssky:
My dear I don't mean master program I mean post graduate diploma PD and is for 8month or at most 1 year........ Please ur answer is needed
Guy u fall my hand sha, you should have check their site...well,Lambton is a college hence they don't offer masters programme and biz mgt is a PGD. Its a one year course u nid, most of the colleges offer int'l biz for either 8 or 12mths for btw 12k to 14k....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Quantumfisika: 6:13am On Jan 07, 2014
Greetings from Canada smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ebally(f): 6:20am On Jan 07, 2014
@ Siga.....please u have a mail. Tnx alot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Huzzie: 7:38am On Jan 07, 2014
Quantumfisika: Greetings from Canada smiley
thank God for journey mercy...May God favour you.Enjoy ur stay and make us proud.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lexmikey: 7:59am On Jan 07, 2014
Nicely said,it is ok to be emotional about certain decisions,but atimes that could be like shooting yourself in the foot.I read an intresting reply chrigo gave a newly wedded man looking to invite his spouse to canada and the possibility of this,totally butresses your point on the importance this developed countries place on the unification of families and with that in mind you need not worry much about leaving them for a few months, especially if this could alley VO's worries as to your return back to naija and better your chances at the Trv.A little sacrifices atimes is what is needed to achieve our dreams.Although my parents never left for Canada, they were not exactly at home till 5-6pm or in town all together and were probably too tired when they returned,but all six of us siblings turned out fine,earning degrees in four major disciplines in the country today ,but ofcourse with the help of God.Trust me when I tell you this,we would have been better if our mum had dashed out briefly to canada and made us join her in time.I for one would have stuck to my childhood dreams of being a world renowned architect and not just an architect from nigerias best school of architecture looking to bridge the gap by opting for a project managment course.what I am sayin is your children would eventually thank you if you don't jumble their chances of relocating without suspicions.[q uote author=halle2]
We are looking at best chances of getting the trv, as for me, as much as I love my kids,my eye is on the prize.Once I apply alone and get my trv, then getting the kids over to join me is piece of cake,it would only be a matter of six months.[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by blink6(m): 8:16am On Jan 07, 2014
chops33: Hi House,Just paid my application fee and I got a confirmation mail that my application has been received...my Question is ,do I get subsequent mail Instructing me of the appropriate documents to forward? Thanks.
Ps:I'm a graduate of Microbiology applying for BS Nursing At Brandon.
I had to mail them(brandon) regarding this ish. I intend applying this week, but I am confused...because their app fee is not refundable and I am gonna use a Gce result (no transcript) . I am going for an undergraduate degree btw.

I am still waiting on them for reply. so, if anyone here knows the answer, abeg answer.
How much was it u paid(in naira)?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by shenanigans: 8:54am On Jan 07, 2014
Hello nairalanders.. I applied for my student visa Sept 4. Did my medicals. Nov 25th. After which I missed a call from the consulate on 30th of Dec. Since then I've been trying to reach them to no avail. What may be wrong with my application. Very concerned cos my school resumed on the 6th.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 9:42am On Jan 07, 2014
kclexa: The day I dreaded has finally come; So na natural freezer man pay big money to enter today Well sha nothing spoil.

Anybody taking the KLM flight today the 7th should pm me lets hook up and enter this freezer together.

I ready wear 3 jeans and 3 cardigans plus winter jacket cool

Canada Loading. ...50% Online check in completed grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jesunro: 9:56am On Jan 07, 2014
and you are still there waiting for what? I missed their call once too after which i sent them a mail and also paid them a visit. so biko run go greet them....
shenanigans: Hello nairalanders.. I applied for my student visa Sept 4. Did my medicals. Nov 25th. After which I missed a call from the consulate on 30th of Dec. Since then I've been trying to reach them to no avail. What may be wrong with my application. Very concerned cos my school resumed on the 6th.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Princessterry(f): 10:27am On Jan 07, 2014
Glory to God. I got my TRV yesterday. I submitted on oct 3,paper route. Medicals 13th of December and finally TRV 6th of Jan.
To all medicals and TRV hopefuls, God will do it as He has done mine in Jesus name (AMEN)

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by biodun4u: 10:33am On Jan 07, 2014
Please people in d house i need your advise, my wife has been given an eligiblity letter to write licensing exam as a psychiatric nurse in sacschanchewan canada. pls we need ur advise on how to go about d visa application. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ajik1: 10:45am On Jan 07, 2014
Not advisable, did the same thing and was denied. Will advise to apply alone first and later do kids.
bonen: Hi guys does anyone know if it's possible to apply for my student visa and include my kids 12 and 14 in the application. Would love advise on how to g about it, I was advised to apply for only myself at first, but would love to o with my kids at once.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by shenanigans: 10:50am On Jan 07, 2014
Jesunro: and you are still there waiting for what? I missed their call once too after which i sent them a mail and also paid them a visit. so biko run go greet them....

Bros I don send mail tire and I heard enquiries in person isn't allowed. I've even called several times

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.