Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,284 members, 7,818,959 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (610331 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by justicia: 1:54pm On Oct 20, 2013
Hello House! Pls I need ur help on this: Supposing after applying to schools A n B, school A (the school i prefer) delays with LoA buh school B sends LoA fast.Can I apply for TRV with school B's LoA and after gettn it, go to school A who later sends its LoA. Or can I substitute school B's LoA with school A's LoA at CDHC assuming school A's LoA came while TRV was still pending. Pls Oga Siga, Oga Chrigo, all the gurus in the house,I need ur advice.thanks!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Siga: 1:57pm On Oct 20, 2013
justicia: Hello House! Pls I need ur help on this: Supposing after applying to schools A n B, school A (the school i prefer) delays with LoA buh school B sends LoA fast.Can I apply for TRV with school B's LoA and after gettn it, go to school A who later sends its LoA. Or can I substitute school B's LoA with school A's LoA at CDHC assuming school A's LoA came while TRV was still pending. Pls Oga Siga, Oga Chrigo, all the gurus in the house,I need ur advice.thanks!
....u can change schools anytime once u land Canada...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by jaybmich: 1:59pm On Oct 20, 2013
@nasjay, Kclexa, and any1 who has an idea about passport correction, I need to clarify somethings concerning my DOB error on my passport. I heard it can only be corrected in Abuja. The passport was issued last year May, but I want to get it corrected, but I have no idea how many months it will take to get it done, and. And the ranges of fee am likely to be charged. I will really appreciate if enlightened more!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 2:04pm On Oct 20, 2013
deola@dtop:
I

With a bsc in Psychology intending to do a masters in psychology. Please you are very safe.
Why are you bothering yourself.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by osho3mtech(f): 2:37pm On Oct 20, 2013
[quote author=ChriGo]....If ur uncle na ur sponsor then how does he want u to demostrate proof of funds?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 2:47pm On Oct 20, 2013
osho3mtech: that's it oh my boss. Don't mind my uncle. What if I present statement of account on my side so it be as if I am sponsoring my self and if its satisfy them in d embassy... Tho the invitation is for a family reunion thing. And my passport is virgin passport.
....Oh ok...tot u're going for study!! I for fear....since na fam reunion, u can use ur own statement of account...those are the actual docx u need from ur uncle....make sure ur statement bam oo and also show proof of home tie....i know say u rich anyway grin.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 2:56pm On Oct 20, 2013
jaybmich: @nasjay, Kclexa, and any1 who has an idea about passport correction, I need to clarify somethings concerning my DOB error on my passport. I heard it can only be corrected in Abuja. The passport was issued last year May, but I want to get it corrected, but I have no idea how many months it will take to get it done, and. And the ranges of fee am likely to be charged. I will really appreciate if enlightened more!!!
....@Nas-jay biko answer my 8Thousand dollar guy na....@Kclexa if na to yab and finish ChriGo career u go fit do dat one ooo grin....answer my guy jare else dis thread go jump 5pages with same question ooo....hian!!!.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 3:04pm On Oct 20, 2013
justicia: Hello House! Pls I need ur help on this: Supposing after applying to schools A n B, school A (the school i prefer) delays with LoA buh school B sends LoA fast.Can I apply for TRV with school B's LoA and after gettn it, go to school A who later sends its LoA. Or can I substitute school B's LoA with school A's LoA at CDHC assuming school A's LoA came while TRV was still pending. Pls Oga Siga, Oga Chrigo, all the gurus in the house,I need ur advice.thanks!

The change is not without it's risk and financial setback. Remember you stand to loss a percentage of your tuition deposit if not all, depending on the terms of the school. If you decide to enter Canada with the visa obtained using school A LoA. You must withdraw before term start else you will loss all your tuition deposit.

You can't change the school on the same visa application. You would have to withdraw and reapply with the new school's LOA.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 3:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
jaybmich: @nasjay, Kclexa, and any1 who has an idea about passport correction, I need to clarify somethings concerning my DOB error on my passport. I heard it can only be corrected in Abuja. The passport was issued last year May, but I want to get it corrected, but I have no idea how many months it will take to get it done, and. And the ranges of fee am likely to be charged. I will really appreciate if enlightened more!!!

Yes date of birth error is handled in Abuja headquarters but not without its challenges. I met a guy who was processing his own at Abuja office early this year, he had to present his original birth certificate, court affidavit, national ID card and every other documents such as WAEC with a letter explaining the error.

Please be careful when dealing with certain immigration office staff. They will take your huge cash and yet you will have to wait 3 to 4 months.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 3:30pm On Oct 20, 2013
ChriGo: ....@Nas-jay biko answer my 8Thousand dollar guy na....@Kclexa if na to yab and finish ChriGo career u go fit do dat one ooo grin....answer my guy jare else dis thread go jump 5pages with same question ooo....hian!!!.....

Abeg no vex, I been dey drink palm wine with my peeps cool

You know yeast in the palm wine is good for the eyes; so I need am to read your comments well. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by justicia: 3:42pm On Oct 20, 2013
kclexa:

The change is not without it's risk and financial setback. Remember you stand to loss a percentage of your tuition deposit if not all, depending on the terms of the school. If you decide to enter Canada with the visa obtained using school A LoA. You must withdraw before term start else you will loss all your tuition deposit.

You can't change the school on the same visa application. You would have to withdraw and reapply with the new school's LOA.

Thanks oo Oga Siga and kclexa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 3:43pm On Oct 20, 2013
kclexa:

Abeg no vex, I been dey drink palm wine with my peeps cool

You know yeast in the palm wine is good for the eyes; so I need am to read your comments well. grin
....Laff wan finish me....bro seems dem design you like robot to come finish ChriGo career for here grin...u be comedian mehn!!.....thanks for answering my 8Thousand dollar guy....but u still neva answer my consultant practice question *ChriGo frowns face*.....bro drink more of dos yeast biko make u scroll back and answer me...lol.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 3:51pm On Oct 20, 2013
justicia:

Thanks oo Oga Siga and kclexa.
......Sorry i couldn't respond to ur question....Oga siga gave u the best answer and i operate under his ministry grin......so anything he tells u about canada na from his own experience.....kclexa gave u response in details....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by iamsaheed(m): 4:15pm On Oct 20, 2013
earthgreeners:

At this point, I presume you have booked your flight and getting set to fly .... Bros plz buy most of the things you need in Nigeria...Cloths, footwear (including boots, all star, palm, snickers, shoe), mobile phone (please don't do contract) and food stuffs wey go last u till u get used to the system here.
lol I don't think all that is nessecary bro... He could just get few cloths n shoes... Food is pretty cheap n phones here are cool... Am on a 2 years plan with a nexus 4 n am only paying 35$ per month ... BTW where you at eartgreener? N am glad you got your trv, was just smiling when bullsyriker told me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by jaybmich: 4:22pm On Oct 20, 2013
kclexa:

Yes date of birth error is handled in Abuja headquarters but not without its challenges. I meet a guy who was processing his own at Abuja office early this year, he had to present his original birth certificate, court affidavit, national ID card and every other documents such as WAEC with a letter explaining the error.

Please be careful mwhen dealing with certain immigration office staff. They will take your huge cash and yet you will have to wait 3 to 4 months.
thanks bro, but I want to have idea of the fee I will be charged.. You said I have to be careful that's why I want to have an idea of the price and normal time it takes for it to be done. Thanks!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by iamsaheed(m): 4:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
Anyone coming towards Alberta? Especially Fort McMurray?.... Or Edmonton?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tolyem(m): 4:45pm On Oct 20, 2013
That person is me oooo..pls keep my canadian foodstuffs. Kindly keep on praying with me, so that cdhc can release my study permit in time.

i_am_saheed: Anyone coming towards Alberta? Especially Fort McMurray?.... Or Edmonton?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by iamsaheed(m): 4:52pm On Oct 20, 2013
tolyem: That person is me oooo..pls keep my canadian foodstuffs. Kindly keep on praying with me, so that cdhc can release my study permit in time.

haha okay bro... All is well I'm Sha Allah... We with you in prayer bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 4:53pm On Oct 20, 2013
jaybmich: thanks bro, but I want to have idea of the fee I will be charged.. You said I have to be careful that's why I want to have an idea of the price and normal time it takes for it to be done. Thanks!

http://www.immigration.gov.ng/index.php?id=57
The link above will give you a fee baseline.

Considering that am not a passpot office staff; I can not specifically tell you how much. You know say everything no be 3D for naija but once you sharp, you go navigate the system well.
But it should not be more than 25k.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by jaybmich: 4:58pm On Oct 20, 2013
kclexa:

http://www.immigration.gov.ng/index.php?id=57
The link above will give you a fee baseline.

Considering that am not a passpot office staff; I can not specifically tell you how much. You know say everything no be 3D for naija but once you sharp, you go navigate the system well.
But it should not be more than 25k.
thanks bro!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 4:59pm On Oct 20, 2013
i_am_saheed: haha okay bro... All is well I'm Sha Allah... We with you in prayer bro
....Nna bro u just come forum cum pack people go alberta....u've been off the forum for a while....na report we dey expect from u na....share ur experience so far in canada make we wey plan come for winter benefit from ur story dia....haba....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by xtus(m): 5:10pm On Oct 20, 2013
@oga siga, kjbobo, and all NL in canada

Am thinking of coming to canada with a police clearance, abeg oh...... Make una enlighten me on how to go about it. Will it be same type that is been submitted to the embassy or a different type. because those type dat is being submitted to embassy only last 3months.

Am asking, because I know most people traveling to d uk do travel with 1. Urgent answer plz
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by jadapinket13(f): 5:11pm On Oct 20, 2013
Please is there anyone going to McGill university or Quebec? Or already there?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 20, 2013
Quantumfisika:

apple 8 u on point n on key!! sumtyms its best to go say helo to CDHC folks. Indeed ur TRV mayb right there waiting for u...
Well,I don't know what Paris saw but the point is that it's taking too long for them to send back their review to CDHC. I have been there on several occasions and all I get is that they are still waiting on Paris. One consular who spoke to me on one occasion said sometimes it can take up to one year before they recieve the medicals from paris shocked Whattttt!!!! I thought I didn't hear right but that was what she actually said... This is soooo frustrating becos my colleagues who did medicals on the same day with mE, same hospital are already in Canada. How long more do I have to wait sad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by iamsaheed(m): 6:21pm On Oct 20, 2013
ChriGo: ....Nna bro u just come forum cum pack people go alberta....u've been off the forum for a while....na report we dey expect from u na....share ur experience so far in canada make we wey plan come for winter benefit from ur story dia....haba....
lol its been pretty chill so far... But where I am "Fort McMurray" is dull, no much social life here cause the city is an oil sand city so its basically work n studies people do here n many pubs for those who like shayo lol... Note to everyone coming to Alberta fort Mc preciselu , it gets to minus 44 n seems its gonna be more than that this year... If you coming in during winter please be well dressed...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 20, 2013
ChriGo: ....Nna bro u just come forum cum pack people go alberta....u've been off the forum for a while....na report we dey expect from u na....share ur experience so far in canada make we wey plan come for winter benefit from ur story dia....haba....

Looool. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by nasjay: 7:21pm On Oct 20, 2013

i did mine last year, hope u never travel with d P, it can be corrected, you will have to show prove of the DOB, fee charged. if u need am fast fast 40k-60k depend how fast, if you have to wait 3 to 4 months than you will produce all the required doc, you will not pay noing more than 10k, Please be careful when dealing with certain immigration office staff. most of them na to bobo you na them dey 0

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by nasjay: 7:37pm On Oct 20, 2013
m.enwere:

Well,I don't know what Paris saw but the point is that it's taking too long for them to send back their review to CDHC. I have been there on several occasions and all I get is that they are still waiting on Paris. One consular who spoke to me on one occasion said sometimes it can take up to one year before they recieve the medicals from paris shocked Whattttt!!!! I thought I didn't hear right but that was what she actually said... This is soooo frustrating becos my colleagues who did medicals on the same day with mE, same hospital are already in Canada. How long more do I have to wait sad

that consular just dey bobo you, so you no go dey come their office every week, thr are worse situations here... some people medicals dey go 90days, .so just chill

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 7:38pm On Oct 20, 2013
i_am_saheed: lol its been pretty chill so far... But where I am "Fort McMurray" is dull, no much social life here cause the city is an oil sand city so its basically work n studies people do here n many pubs for those who like shayo lol... Note to everyone coming to Alberta fort Mc preciselu , it gets to minus 44 n seems its gonna be more than that this year... If you coming in during winter please be well dressed...
....Thanks for the info ooo....God bless u....Thank God am not heading to alberta at the moment....so my brain still gets to cool on nairaland.....@Kclexa i pity that ya good brain......i wonder how u wan take dey post for nairaland with frozen brain grin.....now that ur brain is still cool and warm biko use am yab me wella b4 it gets frozen in alberta....-65c no be beans ooo....Thank God ontario na just -20c so i can still cope.....tanx i_am_saheed.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by jaybmich: 7:40pm On Oct 20, 2013
nas-jay:

i did mine last year, hope u never travel with d P, it can be corrected, you will have to show prove of the DOB, fee charged. if u need am fast fast 40k-60k depend how fast, if you have to wait 3 to 4 months than you will produce all the required doc, you will not pay noing more than 10k, Please be careful when dealing with certain immigration office staff. most of them na to bobo you na them dey 0
bro thanks for the invaluable information. Bro abeg shey u fit refer me to person wey help you, cuz I no wan fall victim oo. Thanks bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by iamsaheed(m): 7:44pm On Oct 20, 2013
ChriGo: ....Thanks for the info ooo....God bless u....Thank God am not heading to alberta at the moment....so my brain still gets to cool on nairaland.....@Kclexa i pity that ya good brain......i wonder how u wan take dey post for nairaland with frozen brain grin.....now that ur brain is still cool and warm biko use am yab me wella b4 it gets frozen in alberta....-65c no be beans ooo....Thank God ontario na just -20c so i can still cope.....tanx i_am_saheed.....
haha you welcome bro...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by nasjay: 7:47pm On Oct 20, 2013
jaybmich: bro thanks for the invaluable information. Bro abeg shey u fit refer me to person wey help you, cuz I no wan fall victim oo. Thanks bro

i go call am 2moro, so i go give u e number 2moro , just PM me,

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.