Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,733 members, 7,827,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Why Do You Wake Up Late On Sundays? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do You Wake Up Late On Sundays? (10494 Views)

Why Do Men Always Wake Up Like This In The Morning? / Drink A Glass Of Water Every Morning When You Wake Up / If Your Girl Friend Is Late On Her Period,what Will You Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Wake Up Late On Sundays? by PastorOluT(m): 1:24pm On Oct 13, 2013
Where ur treasure is there ur heart will be;

One thing and only one thing is needful, do not be deceived by the devil into getting too much attached to the things of the world. The devil is so subtle that he get you too busy even with good things and activities of religion, but not that which is needful. You major on the minor and minor on the major, and before you know it you have spent your life on the wrong things and it is too late.

But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou are careful and trouble about many things. But one thing is needful: And Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.
Luke 10:40-42

Stay blessed and remain rapturable

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Wake Up Late On Sundays? by Layolaw(f): 1:25pm On Oct 13, 2013
not me ooo, infact l must be in chruch for workers prayer meeting b4 7am every sunday, may God continue to strenthen to aim higher
Re: Why Do You Wake Up Late On Sundays? by mazizitonene(m): 1:26pm On Oct 13, 2013
Ekwensu @work in *una* lyf
Re: Why Do You Wake Up Late On Sundays? by Slasha1(f): 1:30pm On Oct 13, 2013
Wow,no female passd a comment? Well,I don't wake up late on sundays and I try to get to church as early as possible
Re: Why Do You Wake Up Late On Sundays? by Anuoluwap(m): 1:41pm On Oct 13, 2013
mrvocalprowess:
U obviosly can't read....
lol for you
Re: Why Do You Wake Up Late On Sundays? by Ediss(m): 1:58pm On Oct 13, 2013
Whhats your now about the time I should wake up one sunday tongue
Re: Why Do You Wake Up Late On Sundays? by Ediss(m): 2:09pm On Oct 13, 2013
Whats your now about the time I should wake up one sunday tongue
Re: Why Do You Wake Up Late On Sundays? by Aboje12(m): 2:50pm On Oct 13, 2013
I DONT.
Re: Why Do You Wake Up Late On Sundays? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 13, 2013
mrvocalprowess: As in really? Did u jst ask dz question!! Dumb!! Like u said,its week days,deyre workin days,sunday z meant 4 rest,even God rested on d 7th day.. God did not speculate d time we shud go 2d church.So because I wake up by 10am n late 4 church means iv sin abi Smh!!! After 6days of stress?D deceit called religion!
He rested on d seventh day n u have saturday to rest which is the seventh day.
Re: Why Do You Wake Up Late On Sundays? by Chidex2442(m): 3:24pm On Oct 13, 2013
1. lots of weekend activities like drinking of alchohol
2. night club
3. and even phuckkkkkk this is all i know that makes me wake up late

thank you op
Re: Why Do You Wake Up Late On Sundays? by Lilimax(f): 3:24pm On Oct 13, 2013
I wakes up at 6am on sundays to prepare for service. This is just an hour later than my daily wake up time which is 5am.
Re: Why Do You Wake Up Late On Sundays? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 13, 2013
BabaAlabi: Religion-The devil is trying to make you miss church.
Science-The partying and relaxing on fridays makes people sleep late and wake up late on saturdays. The cycle of sleep can't be altered leading to them sleeping late on saturdays and waking up late on sundays or
Due to all the house chores on saturday, people become tired and sleep in the afternoon making them sleep late at night and not wake up early on sundays.
Science Biatch!!

on point
Re: Why Do You Wake Up Late On Sundays? by Harmvirus(f): 4:16pm On Oct 13, 2013
Wake up late k? Sunday is even a day I wake up very early..because I don't miss early morning mass..#catholicthings
Re: Why Do You Wake Up Late On Sundays? by salt1: 4:35pm On Oct 13, 2013
ITbomb: Is it now a sin to wake up late on Sunday ?
Do we even know what we are doing , worshipping God?
Christians just need a reorientation
It is discourteous going late for meetings.
We DO know what we are doing. On Sundays, we go to praise, pray and fellowship. And yes! We need to go at the stipulated time. We don't offer our God left over of our time and attention. Only the best is good enough.

@topic, I don't wake up late on sundays because I have to be in prayer room by 7.30am. Unless I am ill or otherwise indisposed.
Re: Why Do You Wake Up Late On Sundays? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 13, 2013
nairaman66: I think because Almighty God is very forgiving and tolerating! Otherwise, if it were Sango the god of thunder, you wouldn't dare!! cool
SANGO IS NOT A god. He just a useless demon/jinn.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Wake Up Late On Sundays? by jovichi: 5:19pm On Oct 13, 2013
Anuoluwap: Christians? Pls why do some of us wake up late on sunday?
During weekdays we make haste so as not to be late at work. But when it comes to sunday attached with church that body of ours gets lazy sometimes. Am I lying? God is watching y'all

Just because u (and people around u) wake late on Sunday morning doesn't mean every Christian does d same.
BTW- I hope u know attending church service is not synonymous to waking late.
Re: Why Do You Wake Up Late On Sundays? by Anuoluwap(m): 5:36pm On Oct 13, 2013
jovichi:

Just because u (and people around u) wake late on Sunday morning doesn't mean every Christian does d same.
don't be an ignorant.....it's a fact. So you are now saying dat every xtian you see attend churches at stipulated time? Wake up jor this is nigeria. Look at the comments above you'll see everyone is not perfect. Don't play the perfect person here abeg.
Re: Why Do You Wake Up Late On Sundays? by Anuoluwap(m): 5:41pm On Oct 13, 2013
jovichi:

you see why I stated that you shouldn't comment if you don't understand the topic? Did I mention every christians? Are you just dumb?
Re: Why Do You Wake Up Late On Sundays? by InvertedHammer: 5:57pm On Oct 13, 2013
/

Because Monday to Saturday we hustle to make money;

But on Sunday we will be hustled to give money.

/
Re: Why Do You Wake Up Late On Sundays? by great063(m): 6:42pm On Oct 13, 2013
Vic-jay:
I have prayed over it several times. I am always in a hurry to church cos i always wake up late.
You needn't spend so much time praying over or under it,you can take baby-steps by using ya alarm clock. Set the alarm time reasonably...viola!
Re: Why Do You Wake Up Late On Sundays? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 13, 2013
InvertedHammer: /

/

To give money to who?...

2 the topic:..i wake up by 5am or 5.30 evry sunday,,my church service starts by 7.30 so i'm always on time by His Grace..

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Wake Up Late On Sundays? by EvilBrain1(m): 10:05pm On Oct 13, 2013
I have to be at work at 8am Monday to Saturday and I rarely get back before 9pm. I don't get enough sleep as it is and I'll be damned if I let some pastor guilt me into giving up the extra sleep I need to keep my sanity. Show me some proof that your God actually exists and I'll be happy to include him in my schedule.

And someone should tell the religious ignoramuses that the Sabbath day is Saturday, not Sunday. Y'all are breaking one of the 10 commandments every week. Rest assured that God is going to fück you guys up when you die.
Re: Why Do You Wake Up Late On Sundays? by EvilBrain1(m): 10:06pm On Oct 13, 2013
I have to be at work at 8am Monday to Saturday and I rarely get back before 9pm. I don't get enough sleep as it is and I'll be damned if I let some pastor guilt me into giving up the extra sleep I need to keep my sanity. Shoe me some proof that tour God actually exists anf I'll be happy to include him in my schedule.

And someone should tell the religious ignoramuses that the Sabbath day is Saturday, not Sunday. Y'all are breaking one of the 10 commandments every week. Rest assured that God is going to fück you guys up when you die.
Re: Why Do You Wake Up Late On Sundays? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 13, 2013
InvertedHammer: /

/

God bless you, lol..... grin

But really, on Sundays is to dish out money.... Be it tithes, be it offerings or thanksgivings....watch pple who are broke, with no food to eat rarely go to church on Sundays... But come to think of it, I work from Mondays to Saturdays ..... My brain and body fagged out...and one expects me to wake so early on Sunday morning and rush to church...? Until the body is broken down , the person eye go clear.... And when the body breaks down , fall ill? U are capitally O.Y.O.... grin. .u could receive cAlls from few sisters and brothers in church, depending on how popular or irrelevant one is church....saying sorry o...and that's it...the rest u solve yourself....
Abeg, I don't break my back to go to church... But I pray and praise God everyday... Cause without him, am nothing...and he sure knows how stressed out, I am during the week...too much responsibilities ....e no easy...but Baba God still try...will forever live in my heart Nd mind....
But over stretching my body limit for another hustle on Sunday?.....nahh....not for me...mine is one Sunday off, one Sunday on. grin

God no vex, He sincerely understands...finito!
Re: Why Do You Wake Up Late On Sundays? by Gerrie(m): 10:17pm On Oct 13, 2013
Evil Brain: I have to be at work at 8am Monday to Saturday and I rarely get back before 9pm. I don't get enough sleep as it is and I'll be damned if I let some pastor guilt me into giving up the extra sleep I need to keep my sanity. Shoe me some proof that tour God actually exists anf I'll be happy to include him in my schedule.

EVIL BRAIN? shocked
little wonder!!!!

BTW, incase u're an atheist , as it seems, i have a message for you: ________________________
Re: Why Do You Wake Up Late On Sundays? by druid06(m): 10:22pm On Oct 13, 2013
Evil Brain: I have to be at work at 8am Monday to Saturday and I rarely get back before 9pm. I don't get enough sleep as it is and I'll be damned if I let some pastor guilt me into giving up the extra sleep I need to keep my sanity. Shoe me some proof that tour God actually exists anf I'll be happy to include him in my schedule.

grin grin grin
Re: Why Do You Wake Up Late On Sundays? by deejay717(f): 12:37am On Oct 14, 2013
After church I sleep the whole day away.
Re: Why Do You Wake Up Late On Sundays? by Anuoluwap(m): 12:56am On Oct 14, 2013
deejay717: After church I sleep the whole day away.
simple! Wa a gbayi gan.
Re: Why Do You Wake Up Late On Sundays? by Nobody: 2:12am On Oct 14, 2013
Everybody"s just saying "God forgive me" like you won't repeat the same thing next sunday. Mstchew.. The only prayer God answers is the prayer that comes from a penitent heart
Re: Why Do You Wake Up Late On Sundays? by Reallandmark: 5:01am On Oct 14, 2013
I don't wake up late on sundays. At least i wake up b4 5a.m go to church and clean the mass venue and come back home to get prepared

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The World's Most Expensive Marijuana / Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. / Where Can One Get Ogun State Certificate Of State Of Origin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.