Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources (4669 Views)

What Really Caused The Nigerian Civil War Of 1967 - 1969? / The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? / Amaechi And Jonathan: What Caused The Rift ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by cashkid18(m): 9:48pm On Oct 13, 2013
Segeggs: do you want to chase dem away? tongue
jst wonderin wat will b d fate of sw wen they may all decide to leave..d economy of borno will b bigger than dt of all d entire sw grin grin
Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by Ayekotoo(m): 9:50pm On Oct 13, 2013
Ogbonaikenna: can you prove it that ekiti has the highest number of intellectuals in nigeria?

the onus is on you to provide the southeastern profs and deans or intellectuals. without that I won't take you serious.

1 Like

Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by Ayekotoo(m): 9:52pm On Oct 13, 2013
cashkid18: everybody knws dt 80% of d companies in sw is owned n runned by foreigners

why are the foreigners evading your region?

1 Like

Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by Ogbonaikenna(m): 9:55pm On Oct 13, 2013
Ayekotoo:

the onus is on you to provide the southeastern profs and deans or intellectuals. without that I won't take you serious.
you loudmouthed jack asss are fond of propagating that lie
Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by Ogbonaikenna(m): 9:57pm On Oct 13, 2013
Ayekotoo:

cos you and your master up north made sure we didn't have international airport and seaport
Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 13, 2013
Ogbonaikenna: cos you and your master up north made sure we didn't have international airport and seaport
...cos u dont deserve them simply becos u dont believe in NIGERIA but Biafra.

1 Like

Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 13, 2013
cashkid18: jst wonderin wat will b d fate of sw wen they may all decide to leave..d economy of borno will b bigger than dt of all d entire sw grin grin
na you wan pursue dem? tongue

1 Like

Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by dayokanu(m): 10:12pm On Oct 13, 2013
Ayekotoo:

Cannibalism kidnapping and other crimes make Ibo youths avoid their homeland so how would foreigners go where indigenes are avoiding

3 Likes

Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by dayokanu(m): 10:15pm On Oct 13, 2013
Ogbonaikenna: cos you and your master up north made sure we didn't have international airport and seaport

The gods cursed you by making the ocean avoid you not anyone's fault.

Airport weren't you showing us one in Enugu recently

1 Like

Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by JingoOAU(m): 10:15pm On Oct 13, 2013
I have something in mind for creating this thread in the first place. I never knew you lots would turn it to a fighting box for your ethnic agenda

Am from Ondo state, Ikare Akoko for that matter. I can conveniently say that my town is as backward and awkward as you can imagine.

My town has produce the likes of Sunday Ehindero, former IGP, Joseph Sanusi, former CBN governor, TB Joshua, Gani Adams, etc. But what have we achieve with that? Nothing

1 Like

Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by dayokanu(m): 10:16pm On Oct 13, 2013
Topic. Compare Ekiti with states founded the same time and see if it's backward

1 Like

Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by Ayekotoo(m): 10:17pm On Oct 13, 2013

where are the international airports in Osun, Oyo and Ogun that made investors trooping in the states? type something else?

1 Like

Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by cashkid18(m): 10:19pm On Oct 13, 2013
Segeggs: na you wan pursue dem? tongue
no,bt dose liabilities produced in d sw called agboro n almjiris will pursue them very soon
Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by dayokanu(m): 10:20pm On Oct 13, 2013
Ayekotoo:

where are the international airports in Osun, Oyo and Ogun that made investors trooping in the states? type something else?

I'm sure ibo states are closer to port Harcourt airport than Ekiti Ondo to Lagos airport

1 Like

Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by Ayekotoo(m): 10:21pm On Oct 13, 2013
dayokanu: Topic. Compare Ekiti with states founded the same time and see if it's backward

this is what I expect the poster should have done. unless he or she had another motive
Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by Ogbonaikenna(m): 10:22pm On Oct 13, 2013
Jingo-OAU:
I have something in mind for creating this thread in the first place. I never knew you lots would turn it to a fighting box for your ethnic agenda

Am from Ondo state, Ikare Akoko for that matter. I can conveniently say that my town is as backward and awkward as you can imagine.

My town has produce the likes of Sunday Ehindero, former IGP, Joseph Sanusi, former CBN governor, TB Joshua, Gani Adams, etc. But what have we achieve with that? Nothing
i passed that route to kota to omuo oke in ekiti while serving there. Ikare is a thick village. But suprisingly, you guys refer to this place as town. Why?
Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by cashkid18(m): 10:22pm On Oct 13, 2013
Ayekotoo:

dont u knw dt wit d openin of d nations seaports in lag will serve as a gateway for investors to invest in d sw..tink wit ur brain n nt wit ur d*ck
Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by tpia5: 10:24pm On Oct 13, 2013
Jingo-OAU:

didnt even know sanusi was yoruba?

i remember hearing of him in CBN at some point.

tb joshua i think is ekiti, ehindero is the only name ringing a bell here.

gani adams i thought was from lagos or edo, thereabouts, never really considered he could be from somewhere else.
Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by Ogbonaikenna(m): 10:26pm On Oct 13, 2013
dayokanu: Topic. Compare Ekiti with states founded the same time and see if it's backward
ebonyi is far more developed than ekiti
Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by obainojazz(m): 10:27pm On Oct 13, 2013
dayokanu:

Cannibalism kidnapping and other crimes make yoruba youths avoid their homeland so how would foreigners go where indigenes are avoiding
you are right boy grin grin grin
Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 13, 2013
cashkid18: no,bt dose liabilities produced in d sw called agboro n almjiris will pursue them very soon
why havent they chase them away? tongue

1 Like

Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by obainojazz(m): 10:30pm On Oct 13, 2013
i see alot of poor peeps here....better go and make money..think about your futures....make una stay here dey argue who get 10 mb pass...........loosers...ekiti ko..ado ebini ni
Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 13, 2013
obainojazz: you are right boy grin grin grin
why did you edit his post? Mumu

1 Like

Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 13, 2013
Ogbonaikenna: ebonyi is far more developed than ekiti
source? undecided

1 Like

Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by obainojazz(m): 10:33pm On Oct 13, 2013
Segeggs: why did you edit his post? young billionaire
you dont have to cry boy....use your energy to make money....cheers
Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by cashkid18(m): 10:35pm On Oct 13, 2013
Segeggs: source? undecided
hungry man!!always lukin for sauce grin grin
Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by cashkid18(m): 10:36pm On Oct 13, 2013
obainojazz: you dont have to cry boy....use your energy to make money....cheers
hw
Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by deda(m): 11:04pm On Oct 13, 2013
The reason (s) for their backwardness is " AGIDI" i.e stubbornness.
They detest change . Even if Dem no knw , Dem go dey prove say Dem no.

Dey Just have dis primitive ways on thinking
Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by Nobody: 11:27pm On Oct 13, 2013
cashkid18: hungry man!!always lukin for sauce grin grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by bloggernaija: 5:12am On Oct 14, 2013
Jingo-OAU:

Akokoland is afflicted by the same ailment as ekiti; the indigen avoid the place like a plague.
You only need to get all those ex ministers,governors,bank directors ,professor and diaspora to build homes/businesses and come back home regularly for it change .
Ondo kingdom,probably the most marginalised ancient kingdom in Nigeria after oyo is not doing badly .
This is mostly due to self help.
The indigens always make an effort to come back home and attempt/aspire to do thing themselves.like this one here
http://www.ondocityvision2015.org
But the biggest reason for this backwardness is that Lagos is soaking up most of the human resources and investments in the region.
Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by Antivirus92(m): 5:22am On Oct 14, 2013
Ayekotoo:

chai! Who and who are trooping to osun,ogun,oyo and so on? Igbos? ....God forbid. Don't mistaken lagos for sw.
Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by Standing5(m): 5:52am On Oct 14, 2013
Jingo-OAU:

Oga OP go check the year Ekiti was created and check other states created in the same year under similar circumstances. You can't wake up and start comparing Osun to Oyo state, Osun was carved out of Oyo state because old Oyo state was so big and the osun part of it wasn't getting much attention. A successful Ejigbo(now Osun state) person would have considered Ibadan or Ogbomoso (new Oyo state) home and built his country home in those town at the expense of his home town when both states were one. Same logic applies to River and Bayelsa state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gov Amaechi Expecting A Baby From Soyinka's Daughter / The Insensitivity Of A Celebratory And Cake Cutting President!!! / Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.