Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,460 members, 7,830,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Should A Woman Propose To The Man She Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Woman Propose To The Man She Love? (684 Views)

White Woman Vows To Continue Sending Money To An African Man She Hasn't Met / Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? / Can A Woman Propose To A Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Woman Propose To The Man She Love? by johnnyblakes(m): 11:40pm On Oct 14, 2013
pls guys,do think its ok for a lady to propose marriage to the man she love?and guys how would u feel if your girlfriend proposes marriage to u.
Re: Should A Woman Propose To The Man She Love? by Illuminatus(m): 12:04am On Oct 15, 2013
It isn't exactly wrong if a girl proposes. It's just unusual. Anyway, I for one would find it difficult to proposesmiley.
Re: Should A Woman Propose To The Man She Love? by johnnyblakes(m): 12:21am On Oct 15, 2013
Illuminatus: It isn't exactly wrong if a girl proposes. It's just unusual. Anyway, I for one would find it difficult to proposesmiley.
wat if u ve date for years and u r not sure if he is going to propose anytime soon and age is not waitin for,dnt u think its wise to propose and no ur stand?
Re: Should A Woman Propose To The Man She Love? by Jideh9ty(m): 1:37am On Oct 15, 2013
I see nothing wrong in that.
Re: Should A Woman Propose To The Man She Love? by ALVA001: 3:24am On Oct 15, 2013
its nt wrong but gals av too be very carefull, guys can be very mischievious, + why do pple date if nt to gt married? i hate datn it mostly favour d guys.
Re: Should A Woman Propose To The Man She Love? by Nobody: 5:31am On Oct 15, 2013
Well if he's delaying for the both of them (and not only her and she's trying to be selfish), if he's shy and if they both are ready for marriage and he's not the type of guy blinded by traditions(the man must propose first or it will 'emasculate' him ) or she knows he would not see it as an insult on his path meaning he's cool with it then what's she waiting for? smiley
Re: Should A Woman Propose To The Man She Love? by djeezy(m): 6:09am On Oct 15, 2013
it's just not an African thing for the woman to propose first. I think at a point in the relationship she should ask him if he's going to marry her or not to know where she stands. To avoid spending so many years with him and getting jilted in the end.
Re: Should A Woman Propose To The Man She Love? by Illuminatus(m): 6:28am On Oct 15, 2013
johnnyblakes: wat if u ve date for years and u r not sure if he is going to propose anytime soon and age is not waitin for,dnt u think its wise to propose and no ur stand?
There are subtle ways I can prompt him to propose. Occasionally, hinting about marriage and weddings is usually a good idea. Moreover, at some stage of our relationship we must have discussed marriage (I'm using this medium to encourage everybody to have this talk with their boyfriends if their relationship has gone past three years) so I can work this from a certain angle.
Re: Should A Woman Propose To The Man She Love? by PrinceAkbabio(m): 6:39am On Oct 15, 2013
My bible said 'he dat findeth a wife findeth a gud tin...' n not she dat findeth a husband, so its nt propa. D she is sopos 2 prepare herself rada dan proposin.
By d way hw r u guys njoyin@unihome, dept of kitchen?
Re: Should A Woman Propose To The Man She Love? by vladimiros: 7:18am On Oct 15, 2013
PrinceAkbabio: My bible said 'he dat findeth a wife findeth a gud tin...' n not she dat findeth a husband, so its nt propa. D she is sopos 2 prepare herself rada dan proposin.
By d way hw r u guys njoyin@unihome, dept of kitchen?

Some if you cant answer question without mentioning Bible

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Propose To The Man She Love? by johnnyblakes(m): 7:27am On Oct 15, 2013
djeezy: it's just not an African thing for the woman to propose first. I think at a point in the relationship she should ask him if he's going to marry her or not to know where she stands. To avoid spending so many years with him and getting jilted in the end.
exactly wat i tot cus some guys r using dat fact dat its not ryt for women to propose to delay d ladies

(1) (Reply)

Which State In Nigeria Do Majority Of Heartbreaker Men Come From? / Can You Marry Or Date A Hiv Positive? If U Knw / Akpos And Ekaette In "Who Give You Belle"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.