Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,497 members, 7,830,501 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) (2868 Views)

The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft / Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Joshthefirst(m): 4:34pm On Oct 16, 2013
Heathen: Sin is a construct of christianity, for christians and as such, should be of no concern to non- christians.

ps: i have never sinned.
grin grin

Okay sir.
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Heathen(m): 5:32pm On Oct 16, 2013
Joshthefirst: grin grin

Okay sir.
Please, don't refer to me that way, odds are you are older than i am. :p
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by davidhume1: 6:56pm On Oct 16, 2013
Joshthefirst: he's not a hell obsessed God. You're a hell headed person, and He's a love and salvation obsessed God.
That's the reason you hear him calling people to repent everyday. Like now. He's extravagant in saving from sin and giving eternal life.

It's just that some people accept this generous gift. Others refuse and rebel, building shallow false 'reasons' and 'foolish thinking' as their basis for rebellion. Why die? God is not interested in people going to hell.

For the wages of sin is death, but the FREE-GIFT of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

"Free-Gift"?
What about the mandatory tithes and all the hours spent stroking his ego (prayers)?

If i were to construct a God, i wud furnish him with some way and qualities and characteristics which the present lacks. He would not stop to ask for any man's compliments, praises, flattery and he will be far above exacting them-- Mark Twain
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Lordlexyy: 8:15pm On Oct 16, 2013
david_hume:

"Free-Gift"?
What about the mandatory tithes and all the hours spent stroking his ego (prayers)?

If i were to construct a God, i wud furnish him with some way and qualities and characteristics which the present lacks. He would not stop to ask for any man's compliments, praises, flattery and he will be far above exacting them-- Mark Twain
Man left for himself could be rebellious. In your estimation, i just want you to imagine there is God, what would your relationship with Him be like?
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Rogers210(m): 8:27pm On Oct 16, 2013
I doubt the existence of God. And if eventually there is a heaven, I'll boldly tell him it wasn't my fault. He didn't leave enough evidence.
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Joshthefirst(m): 8:34pm On Oct 16, 2013
david_hume:

"Free-Gift"?

you now speak out of plain and willful ignorance sir.

Get to know God first, then you can see if he has a large ego and is evil or not. How can the same God who judges you for sin commit sin? That would make him unjust. God is not unjust. Smh.
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Joshthefirst(m): 8:38pm On Oct 16, 2013
Rogers210: I doubt the existence of God. And if eventually there is a heaven, I'll boldly tell him it wasn't my fault. He didn't leave enough evidence.
well, he'd boldly tell you you were given the chance to believe in him, but you refused. And you'll be condemned to hell because of your sins.

Sin must be punished. Man stands guilty. God has given the way of salvation: Jesus Christ. With him, we escape wrath and condemnation of hell because of our sins and we're given the gift of salvation because of God's mercy.
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Rogers210(m): 8:52pm On Oct 16, 2013
Joshthefirst: well, he'd boldly tell you you were given the chance to believe in him, but you refused. And you'll be condemned to hell because of your sins.

Sin must be punished. Man stands guilty. God has given the way of salvation: Jesus Christ. With him, we escape wrath and condemnation of hell because of our sins and we're given the gift of salvation because of God's mercy.
I have heard such sermons over and over again in the past but they all lack the substance required to convince a cute and critical mind like mine. We cannot all be gullible.
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Joshthefirst(m): 8:59pm On Oct 16, 2013
Rogers210: I have heard such sermons over and over again in the past but they all lack the substance required to convince a cute and critical mind like mine. We cannot all be gullible.
you think they lack substance because you're too proud. God opposes the proud. Its a wonder sometimes that one can't see the simplicity of salvation. You think you might be smart by classifying christianity as a religion and calling its members foolhardy and stupid and unintelligent, but before God, you're a man who thinks himself to be wise.
I advise you to be careful sir, drop the pride. The very fact that you're parading yourself to be critical and cute says something is wrong. Don't let a circumstance wake you up to reality when its too late.

Jesus never liked proud people. And God shall never accept them in his kingdom.
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by MrTroll(m): 9:45pm On Oct 16, 2013
I rather be proud than be joshthefirst. Gaddem! embarassed
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Joshthefirst(m): 9:48pm On Oct 16, 2013
Mr Troll: I rather be proud than be joshthefirst. Gaddem! embarassed
okay sir. You can stop trolling me now. wink
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by MrTroll(m): 10:01pm On Oct 16, 2013
Joshthefirst: okay sir. You can stop trolling me now. wink
er...feeling special?
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Joshthefirst(m): 10:18pm On Oct 16, 2013
Mr Troll: er...feeling special?
not really grin
I'll admit I smiled though.
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Rogers210(m): 10:57pm On Oct 16, 2013
Joshthefirst: you think they lack substance because you're too proud. God opposes the proud. Its a wonder sometimes that one can't see the simplicity of salvation. You think you might be smart by classifying christianity as a religion and calling its members foolhardy and stupid and unintelligent, but before God, you're a man who thinks himself to be wise.
I advise you to be careful sir, drop the pride. The very fact that you're parading yourself to be critical and cute says something is wrong. Don't let a circumstance wake you up to reality when its too late.

Jesus never liked proud people. And God shall never accept them in his kingdom.
God, Jesus, the kingdom, salvation, etc. are the concepts I have chosen not to believe in, therefore, using them as the nucleus of your discussion holds no water.
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Joshthefirst(m): 11:01pm On Oct 16, 2013
Rogers210: God, Jesus, the kingdom, salvation, etc. are the concepts I have chosen not to believe in, therefore, using them as the nucleus of your discussion holds no water.
okay sir.
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by davidhume1: 8:56am On Oct 17, 2013
Joshthefirst: you now speak out of plain and willful ignorance sir.

Get to know God first, then you can see if he has a large ego and is evil or not. How can the same God who judges you for sin commit sin? That would make him unjust. God is not unjust. Smh.

The concept of a God has outlived it's purpose. The age of science and logical reasoning is upon us. Empathy rather than fear of hell is becoming the new morality.
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Joshthefirst(m): 10:48am On Oct 17, 2013
david_hume:

The concept of a God has outlived it's purpose. The age of science and logical reasoning is upon us. Empathy rather than fear of hell is becoming the new morality.
yes sir, just as the bible foretold. The world is trying to forsake God. The new morality is become lawlessness. The world wallows deeper in sin. By God's grace, revival will break forth one more time before the end and judgement. The world is in its final hours. We preach to man, to escape the wrath to come.

Very soon, the world will be caught up with the painful pangs of the reality of God's judgement as we're taken out of the way. My hope is that when people see the great catastrpohies to come, they'll look and understand that each of them are exactly prophesied in the bible. My hope is that some at least, will turn to God then. Good day sir. I also hope and prau that you will not doubt the reality of this message until it's too late.

Escape the wrath to come.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If Ladies Wearing Trouser To Church Is A Sin - Christians Check This Photo / Christianity - The Perfection Of Narcissism, Selfishness And Apathy. / FRC LAW: Pastor Adeboye's Words VS The Words Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.